8. Iran: Males 178.7 cm Females 165.9 cm

9. Argentina: Males 178.3 cm Females 161.5 cm

10. Austria : Males 178.2 cm Females 165.5 cm

11. Finland : Males 178.2 cm Females 164.9 cm

12. United Kingdom: Males 178.1 cm Females 164.2 cm

13. Somalia : Males 178.0 cm Females 165.6 cm

14. Czech Republic : Males 178.0 cm Females 165.5 cm

15. Romania : Males 178.0 cm Females 165.1 cm

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height#Average_adult_height_around _the_world

Environmental influences, living standards and nutrition, play in as well, but obviously strongly Nordid, Cromagnid, Atlantomediterranid, Dinarid, Iranid and Aethiopid nations are under the tallest.

Glenlivet
Tuesday, October 4th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Denmark should be second.

Denmark
Males 181.5 cm Females 169.0 cm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height#Average_adult_height_around _the_world

The numbers look exaggerated. It depends on the age. Were all the subjects in the countries studied within the same age limits?

Agrippa
Tuesday, October 4th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Denmark should be second.
Denmark
Males 181.5 cm Females 169.0 cm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height#Average_adult_height_around _the_world

Thanks for the correction ;) :thumbup

Weg
Tuesday, October 4th, 2005, 09:44 PM
It seems that the giants of Europe are found in the Dinaric Alps (part of Croatia, of Herzegovina and Montenegro). They're the tallest Europeans and even taller than their countrymen of the coasts or plains.

Survey realised on 2 705 young males (age : 17 ans) with the Francoft plan : M 185,6 cm; F 171 cm

When they have found 70 individuals whose height was beyond 200 cm, they would have only found 1 case in France, 8 in Germany and 40 in the Netherlands.

Note that the Burundi Tutsis' average height is 190 cm.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/cgi/edition/genimprime?cle=20050930.FIG0071

Chlodovech
Tuesday, October 4th, 2005, 11:14 PM
I'm only wondering ... but aren't natives and immigrants - "new citizens" - alike used for this kind of research? Could this be the case?

What about - for instance - all south-american countries ... a calculation of Indian + European + the mixed business? Or South Africa, for that matter ... who is counting what?

Agrippa
Tuesday, October 4th, 2005, 11:25 PM
Note that the Burundi Tutsis' average height is 190 cm.

Yes, the Niloto-Hamitic herder warrior type is one, or even the, naturally tallest, genetically determined, group.

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=33093

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=2716

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=7999

Hagalaz
Thursday, November 24th, 2005, 09:23 PM
I remember seeing a map from SNPA which showed Scotland as one of the tallest regions in Europe... to bad it's averaged together with the rest of the UK :thumbdown

Hagalaz
Thursday, November 24th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Here we go
http://tinypic.com/hsm642.jpg

Huzar
Thursday, November 24th, 2005, 09:35 PM
Perhaps the italian case, is a bit alterated by the notable italian demarkation : heavly gracile-mediterranid southern-italy is notably short statured, while Dinarid/Atlantomediterranid North is much taller.

The Black Prince
Thursday, November 24th, 2005, 10:13 PM
http://www.lumc.nl/4030/samenvattingen/200406/fredriks.html

Is a Dutch site about avg. length of Dutch people. in 1997,
(OK a bit old:) )

The top of the page is Dutch, but the bottom text is English ;)

Small note: They also noted down differences between native Dutch adolescents and adolescents of immigrant ascendancy(Morrocans):)

Laaglander
Friday, November 25th, 2005, 02:30 AM
Here's more up to date anthropometrical data on the average Dutch in several age groups. It's from a renown Dutch ergonomics research institute.

The table shows that the height of the average adult Dutchman, all ages combined, is 181,7 cm. as of 2004.

Within the 20-30 years age group, for which I assume (more or less) the height averages are given in the top list, the average Dutch male reaches a height of 184,8 cm. So, the first entry should be correct, no exaggeration. I would want to know if the other numbers in the list are right, since I generally donít just trust Wikipedia.

It might be our diet, consisting of many dairy products, playing a major role in giving us great height. Or just quality of nutrition in general. Historically Swedes were always tallest in Europe. In relation to other North-European nations I think this is explained by their enviable standard of living at the time.

Alpine Storm
Friday, November 25th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Notice that the variance between the top ten countries is only about 6cm.

Siegfried
Friday, November 25th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Within the 20-30 years age group, for which I assume (more or less) the height averages are given in the top list, the average Dutch male reaches a height of 184,8 cm.

Sounds right. I am about that height, and by no means tall for a Dutchman.

Vlad Cletus
Friday, November 25th, 2005, 11:05 AM
I'm surprised Serbia didn't score up on the top 15.

Huzar
Friday, November 25th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Notice that the variance between the top ten countries is only about 6cm.

6 cm. are a big number , in statistic terms.

Huzar
Friday, November 25th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Sounds right. I am about that height, and by no means tall for a Dutchman.

I am 189 cm tall, and i'm distinctly over the average of my countrymen of my same age, living in my same region.

The statistic mean of my country is about 175 cm. but brobably, the variation is : south-italy around 170 cm. (or slightly over 170-175 cm), while north-Italy is almost 180 cm(or slightly under : 175-180 cm)

Weg
Friday, November 25th, 2005, 01:17 PM
I am 189 cm tall, and i'm distinctly over the average of my countrymen of my same age, living in my same region.

The statistic mean of my country is about 175 cm. but brobably, the variation is : south-italy around 170 cm. (or slightly over 170-175 cm), while north-Italy is almost 180 cm(or slightly under : 175-180 cm)

I guess it's the same in some countries (France included). There are height differences from North to South and West to East.

Glenlivet
Friday, November 25th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Do you think it is true that people from parts of Central France are on average very short?

I guess it's the same in some countries (France included). There are height differences from North to South and West to East.

Weg
Friday, November 25th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Do you think it is true that people from parts of Central France are on average very short?
To be honest with you Glenlivet, I've no idea since I never went in this part of my country and even never met any central French (it's a big country). I say tell southern French tend to be shorter on average, ditto in Western France (Bretons for instance are known for their rather small height). Easterners being the tallest of all French from I've noticed so far. Nothing new...

CyberNinja
Friday, November 25th, 2005, 05:21 PM
How about Russian?

CyberNinja
Friday, November 25th, 2005, 05:28 PM
How about those country like Latvia,Esthonia and Lithuania?

Glenlivet
Friday, November 25th, 2005, 06:01 PM
I know Estonians (at least in the western half) are tall and big-boned. I have been there myself.

How about those country like Latvia,Esthonia and Lithuania?

The Black Prince
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 12:27 AM

It's the same for the Netherlands (may'be also for Germany, not sure ?)

The Dutch are also varied in length depending of region, I have not found a Internet sample :( , but (about a year ago) read in a Dutch magazine a 'provincial ordered' metrical length article.

As I remember correctly ;)

People from northern Netherland (Fryslan, Groningen etc.) avg. 185 to 186 cm (18-25 yrs.), middle Netherlands around 183/184 cm.
While the southern part avg. 180 cm (Limburg, N.-Brabant etc.)

May'be someone else has found a webpage af this ?:)

The Black Prince
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 12:32 AM
How about Russian?

Mostly avg. length are based upon whole countries.

If someone would have an insight in regional length differences within Russia, It would be very interesting :)

Huzar
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 01:21 AM
It's the same for the Netherlands

People from northern Netherland (Fryslan, Groningen etc.) avg. 185 to 186 cm (18-25 yrs.),.)

Of course. Several years ago, in summer, i visited Groningen : I was impressed by the height of peoples (females and males) of my same age. Although i'm near to 190cm. myself, i wasn't significantly taller than their average. I'm usually considered a big guy by most, where i live, but in Groningen i was only "normal" :-O :P............

Skildur
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 01:29 AM
Mostly avg. length are based upon whole countries.

If someone would have an insight in regional length differences within Russia, It would be very interesting :)

Unfortunately, I don't know. My height is 182 cm, and I see guys who much taller than me quite often, but usually when walking in the street I find myself taller than most part of the crowd, just an impression thing.

Skildur
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 01:30 AM
Of course. Several years ago, in summer, i visited Groningen : I was impressed by the height of peoples (females and males) of my same age. Although i'm near to 190cm. myself, i wasn't significantly taller than their average. I'm usually considered a big guy by most, where i live, but in Groningen i was only "normal" :-O :P............

190??? Kull, you must make a basketball career!!! :D

Glenlivet
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 01:31 AM
Are these who are taller than you younger guys?

Unfortunately, I don't know. My height is 182 cm, and I see guys who much taller than me quite often, but usually when walking in the street I find myself taller than most part of the crowd, just an impression thing.

The Black Prince
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 01:34 AM

I agree, I don't know my true length, on standard scales (from county departments to government buildings to musea) it differs between 182 to 188 cm.:D , but acting from avg. (184 cm.) I'm just normal.

OK it's a bit off topic.....:D
I went out there a few times, how is it to you compared to Italian cities/towns qua disco's and cafe's ? (I've never been tot Italy, would like to go some time though :) )

Skildur
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 01:36 AM
Are these who are taller than you younger guys?

App. the same age, but I have met younger guys who were taller than me (I have even met the girls who were taller, but I don't want to talk about it :D ). My impression is that my height is little bit taller than average Russian.

The Black Prince
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 01:38 AM
Skildur, Do you perhaps know something about regional differences within Russia (OK, I know you've not been possibly everywhere, I know it's a big country... Enormous :) )

Huzar
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 01:42 AM
190??? Kull, you must make a basketball career!!! :D

Ok, Ok, you're right, i'm not really a giant............:P (but don't laugh too much, little russian ! ;):P)

Skildur
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 01:48 AM
Skildur, Do you perhaps know something about regional differences within Russia (OK, I know you've possibly been everywhere, I know it's a big country... Enormous :) )

Well, I have been in Moscow and haven't noticed much difference. I also lived on Chukotka for some time (my father is a geologist) - but there are too many Ukrainians there (almost 50 % of population), so that probably not counts. :D

Skildur
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 01:51 AM
Ok, Ok, you're right, i'm not really a giant............:P (but don't laugh too much, little russian ! ;):P)

I'm not little, I am optimum. :D :P

Huzar
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 01:57 AM
OK it's a bit off topic.....:D
I went out there a few times, how is it to you compared to Italian cities/towns qua disco's and cafe's ? (I've never been tot Italy, would like to go some time though :) )

Off-topic ? I'd say super-off topic.....:D, but, Ok. Well, in big cities are not too different, afterall.(disco's for especially). To be sincere i don't remember exactly, now. Of course, more you see little things and detail, more you could note subtle differences of any kind. We're from cultures a bit different of course.................

Huzar
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 01:58 AM
(I have even met the girls who were taller, but I don't want to talk about it :D ). .

Neither i. :D :P

Skildur
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 02:00 AM
Off-topic ? I'd say super-off topic.....:D, but, Ok. Well, in big cities are not too different, afterall.(disco's for especially). To be sincere i don't remember exactly, now. Of course, more you see little things and detail, more you could note subtle differences of any kind. We're from cultures a bit different of course.................

Kull doesn't have time to go to discos, he is too busy with racial classifications and basketball training. :D

Weg
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 02:03 AM
I see Easterners here (Russians to be exact) times to times. I'm not so impressed by their height. Many are even relatively short. How comes?

Huzar
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 02:05 AM
, and basketball training. :D

Nah, I prefer Boxing, martial arts and skiing, tovarisch ;) :P .

Glenlivet
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 02:05 AM
Do you know if they are ethnic Russians? Russia is very big and not all people who speak Russian are Russian. I once heard a Hungarian student calling some Central Asiatic students in Budapest Russian only because they spoke Russian.

The people we meet (especially abroad) and judge a whole nation from are in any case fewer than we sometimes think. By the way, what is average to you? Perspectives differ.

I see Easterners here (Russians to be exact) times to times. I'm not so impressed by their height. Many are even relatively short. How comes?

Skildur
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 02:07 AM

Big part of Russians are East-Baltids, and this is quite short sub-race. As I have said before in my impression average Russian is not too height (around 178-180 cm me thinks).

@ Kull - and what about football???? You are Italian - must play football!!!

Glenlivet
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 02:10 AM
I think that is quite high. Average height in Scandinavian countries is about the same. I read in anthropology works that the Scottish are tall. Montenegrins are also often mentioned and if I remember correctly the maps I have seen most of Ukraine (maybe from the tall Dinarids) is taller than Russia.

As I have said before in my impression average Russian is not too height (around 178-180 cm me thinks).

The Black Prince
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 02:16 AM
Kull doesn't have time to go to discos, he is too busy with racial classifications and basketball training. :D

Haha :) .. (No embarrassing of you Kull ;) )

Skildur, I've seen some thread on Dodona (halve a year or so) It was an thread posted py 'Dienekes' (I think ?).
He found some Russian anthropolygian (don't think I've spelled it correctly:D ) site which was translated from Russian.

I was just thinking...., there should be more, I mean avg. height among Russians or the other peoples inhabitating Russia should be documented somewhere, may'be on the internet (Don't speak Russian though :D )

(BTW, have some bears had now, although my English seems correct now, I'm strongly beginning to doubt the English of me is it :D )

Skildur
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 02:19 AM
Haha :) .. (No embarrassing of you Kull ;) )

I was just thinking...., there should be more, I mean avg. height among Russians or the other peoples inhabitating Russia should be documented somewhere, may'be on the internet (Don't speak Russian though :D )

)

I'll make some research on this.

Glenlivet, I am not really sure that Ukranians are higher than Russians, my impression was quite oposite.

The Black Prince
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 02:20 AM
Big part of Russians are East-Baltids, and this is quite short sub-race. As I have said before in my impression average Russian is not too height (around 178-180 cm me thinks).

@ Kull - and what about football???? You are Italian - must play football!!!

OK, I was somewhat late posting my own :)

Huzar
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 02:22 AM
Montenegrins are also often mentioned and if I remember correctly the maps I have seen most of Ukraine (maybe from the tall Dinarids) is taller than Russia.

I think the same. Of course, the most marked Dinarid , Nordid and Cromagnid regions, give the tallest average.

@ Skildur : I HATE FOOTBALL (soccer) aargghh !!! Though, i love the great RUGBY :thumbup (btw, football is the "national" sport in Germany too, not only in Italy)

Skildur
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 02:27 AM
I think the same. Of course, the most marked Dinarid , Nordid and Cromagnid regions, give the tallest average.

@ Skildur : I HATE FOOTBALL (soccer) aargghh !!! Though, i love the great RUGBY :thumbup (btw, football is the "national" sport in Germany too, not only in Italy)

I agree.

off - Rugby - uhhhh, didn't know that. :D Soccer is very popular here as well. But unlike Italia our team always suck.

Vanir
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 02:28 AM
Are these who are taller than you younger guys? Astute. Relative to Australia, I have observed that the younger generation seem distinctly taller on average, as though they shoot up very rapidly in their early teens. (and they act very adult too, like they skip all middle and late childhood and go straight to being little adults, minus the maturity though)
Nutrition? Hormones in the Kentucky Chicken?

I knew the Netherlands etc, were tall people, but I am surprised that Croatia, Serbia etc aren't #1. There are a number of them here from immigration, and they are all remarkably tall, it seems sometimes that 6'2 or so is their average height.

I think that is quite high. Average height in Scandinavian countries is about the same. I read in anthropology works that the Scottish are tall. My three best friends are of Scottish extraction, and all are about 6'2-6'3.

Montenegrins are also often mentioned and if I remember correctly the maps I have seen most of Ukraine (maybe from the tall Dinarids) is taller than Russia. As above, I thought that those Goran Ivanisevic croatians would have been the tallest. The average brought down by the other non "montenegrin" type peoples in the country though.

Glenlivet
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 02:30 AM
Ukraine has a good team. :D The Russian team is not that bad. They almost made it to Germany 2006.

But unlike Italia our team always suck.

Huzar
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 02:33 AM
But unlike Italia our team always suck.

Uh, i remember /Russia - Japan/ "match" in world championship 2002............urgh;) !!

Skildur
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 02:37 AM
Uh, i remember /Russia - Japan/ "match" in world championship 2002............urgh;) !!

The day I began to hate football. ;)

Glenlivet
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 02:41 AM
Astute. Relative to Australia, I have observed that the younger generation seem distinctly taller on average, as though they shoot up very rapidly in their early teens.

That is exactly what I had in mind. I am 185-186 cm (6'1) and it is a bit above average, but I often see guys 14-16 who are as tall, if not taller. I sometimes think there is something wrong with my eyes. They are of course skinnier and more awkard looking, I guess you can call it lanky.

As above, I thought that those Goran Ivanisevic croatians would have been the tallest. The average brought down by the other non "montenegrin" type peoples in the country though.

I think the people of Montenegro are closer to the Serbs. I am by no means an expert on the Balkans though. The Montenegrins have supposedly a robust Borreby-like elment which Coon called Old Montenegrin and Skerlj Durmitor. The type is sort of a robust Dinarid. An anthropology interested friend of mine think Mussolini was of that type.

Huzar
Saturday, November 26th, 2005, 02:51 AM
The day I began to hate football. ;)

Don't worry, Skil ;) our little Japanese friends aren't so good in any sport (except ping pong), from what i know. Try to imagine a tennis match Elena Demetieva (180 cm) against a classic japanese girl !!

Carl Frensch
Sunday, November 27th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Hereafter are elements that I found on Dodona in thread about height :
----------
Questions to consider under the evolutionary and medical angle:
Aren't today's high statures (that is when the average for adult men is 1.85 m, 1.90 + is frequent et 2 m + is becoming common) in some Western countries totally artificial? If these are the result of engineered foods, especially vitamin-saturated dairy products and cereals, notwithstanding a heavy daily absorption of vitamin tablets, is such a rise "normal" and is it really profitable regarding health? After having been very sought-after during the first part of their adulthood, how are men with two-meter high frames and 110-kg (and more) bulks going to approach their later years, in terms of fitness, for instance spine- and joint-condition? Do we have statistics about hip, knee, ankle, tarsal and metatarsal condition and ability to practice sports for elderly very tall people?
----------

I find that interesting and I'd like to have your opinion under a strictly medical angle.
Please no boasting about your own phenotype.

Nordraserei
Sunday, November 27th, 2005, 06:35 PM
I'm taller than all of the tallest nations (188cm). :P

Skerritt
Saturday, December 3rd, 2005, 11:08 AM
I think its more of a sociao phenomenen rather than dietry improvements.
I'm 176cm were as my brother is 186m and for the large part...I ate well better than he did in childhood. My Great Grandfathers side are the same in the fact that one brother is alot taller than the other.

I think its male v male competiton, short men are less ikely to be respected (ignored, joked) and less likely to be hired by other males...reducing their resources to raise a family. Women do find the men that are slightley taller than the averge male within the community the most attractive, so short men are in decline and tall men are on the increase as we see today.

AverageJoe
Saturday, December 3rd, 2005, 08:53 PM
Using the same source as you guys,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height

I have found that Canada is definately amongst the tallest nations on the globe. In one study cited here, done recently on 15-24 year old, the average height of a Canadian man is 1.80 meters or around 5 feet and 10.9 inches.

Here are two very interesting articles on human height and how it has changed over the years. The U.N. wants to use the average height of a population as a sign of its health. Furthermore, a scientist at the University of Munich is using military records dating back hundreds of years in order to trace how average height has changed over time in the point of using this to better understand history and quality of life of a people at a given time. Interestingly enough, U.S. soldiers seem to have been 2 inches taller than Germans during WWII. Furthermore, whereas French soldiers were about 6 feet tall at the time of Charlemagne, their stature had fallen to around 5 feet at the time of Napolean.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/content/articles/040405on_onlineonly01

http://www.oberlin.edu/alummag/oamcurrent/oam_may99/tall.html

The Black Prince
Sunday, December 4th, 2005, 04:00 PM
U.S. soldiers seem to have been 2 inches taller than Germans during WWII.

Not that particulair offcourse that most Americans we're taller as Germans around 1940-1945.
After WW-I Germany became one of the poorest countries of Europe (high debts etc.), and the Wall-street crash was nasty for the world-Economy, but devastating for the banks of Germany.

Furthermore, whereas French soldiers were about 6 feet tall at the time of Charlemagne, their stature had fallen to around 5 feet at the time of Napolean.

Probably the Frankish/Bourgoundian and other Germanic soldiers, don't think it reflects all 8th century Frenchmen ;)

http://www.newyorker.com/online/content/articles/040405on_onlineonly01

Very informative, I can completely agree with the author. :thumbup

-----

http://ancienthistory.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.uni%2Dtuebingen.de/uni/wwl/koepke%5Fbaten%5Ftwomillennia.pdf

BTW have an PDF overhere wich shows height of men during Roman times,
may'be its already somewher here on Skadi I don't know

AverageJoe
Sunday, December 4th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Somerled,

Thanks for the link. It is very informative. I find the graph on the ''Growth of Inequality'' showing how, as time progresses, the gap in height between males has increased, very interesting. Does any have graphs showing the distribution of male height in different countries? Although two countries may have the same average height, their distributions may be radically different. Another interesting thing would be to obtain the medical growth charts for people of different races. I am under the impression that people of Negroid and Arab background develop their adult body much earlier than Europeans. In my family for example, we grow until we are about 21. My brother grew 3 cm in his 21st year.

Windr
Sunday, December 4th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Well my tip for tallest European nation would be Črnogorci (Montenegrins) closely followed by Dutch. Latvians (and perhaps remaing element of Ugro-Finnic Livs) should also make it in top 15. For my countrymen I guess average body height is somewhere about 178cm for male, 165cm for female.

Hardwig
Sunday, December 4th, 2005, 05:51 PM
U.S. soldiers seem to have been 2 inches taller than Germans during WWII. Is really hard to believe in it.I don't know how they did this research but I always think that the average German was taller than American one.Two inches in average is a perceptible difference but I never noticed that,maybe they did these studies in specific areas of Germany.

Theudanaz
Sunday, December 4th, 2005, 07:31 PM
What would explain the gender-related difference of heights in Argentinian population? Are there more "native" women than men, or is there significant heterozygy for some reason?

AverageJoe
Sunday, December 4th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Is really hard to believe in it.I don't know how they did this research but I always think that the average German was taller than American one.Two inches in average is a perceptible difference but I never noticed that,maybe they did these studies in specific areas of Germany.

The average German IS taller than the average American TODAY by about two inches. What was mentionned is that during WWII, over 60 years ago, the opposite was true. I would also like to mention that in the New Yorker link I posted, it is also stated that it was found that immigrant populations, Mexicans for example, who immigrate to the US, eventually reach the average height of Americans.

Keltic kernow
Monday, December 19th, 2005, 01:34 PM
I have it on good account that the Croatians are the tallest people in Europe.
And the Montenegrins the heaviest.

Prussak
Monday, December 19th, 2005, 11:18 PM
Haha .. (No embarrassing of you Kull )

Skildur, I've seen some thread on Dodona (halve a year or so) It was an thread posted py 'Dienekes' (I think ?).
He found some Russian anthropolygian (don't think I've spelled it correctly ) site which was translated from Russian.

I was just thinking...., there should be more, I mean avg. height among Russians or the other peoples inhabitating Russia should be documented somewhere, may'be on the internet (Don't speak Russian though )

(BTW, have some bears had now, although my English seems correct now, I'm strongly beginning to doubt the English of me is it )
According to well known old Russian Encyclopedia of Brokhousen and Lazarev, the average height of the Russians is about 165sm.

Russian writer, Turgenev, wrote in “Notes of Hunters,” that the people from the region around the city of Orel are taller comparing to other Russians.

ubbe
Wednesday, December 21st, 2005, 04:57 PM
I wonder how much the dutch average is skewed by Frylan? Frisians are historically one of the tallest peoples on record, renowed for their height in roman times. Im part frisian and at 187 cm am relatively short for the frisian side of the family.