PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Edit My Posts!

Blutwölfin
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 02:53 PM
I miss this function - I can't edit my posts. I'm not sure, but I think I've seen this option some time ago (next to the buttons "quote" and "quick reply").

Thorburn
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 03:00 PM
I miss this function - I can't edit my posts. I'm not sure, but I think I've seen this option some time ago (next to the buttons "quote" and "quick reply"). You can edit your posts for 24 hours after you have written them. Thereafter the button will disappear, in order to guarantee the continued readability of threads.

Blutwölfin
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 03:49 PM
Aha. Thank you. So if I find some very embarassing typos after the deadline, I've to contact an mod, right? :D

Thorburn
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 03:56 PM
Aha. Thank you. So if I find some very embarassing typos after the deadline, I've to contact an mod, right? :D
Correcting typos still months after the posts were written is called the Phlegethon syndrome, but yes, you'd have to contact a moderator. ;)

Phlegethon
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 04:11 PM
If perfectionism is a crime them I am truly a criminal.

Nordgau
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 04:24 PM
Correcting typos still months after the posts were written is called the Phlegethon syndrome, but yes, you'd have to contact a moderator. ;)

I don't care that much about English, but I get depressions when I see a mising comma or something in German threads of me, and it's to late to edit them. Since attention to orthography rules isn't something that can be taken for granted in internet forums, unfortunately, something like a privilege for those who still hail to Konrad Duden would be great here. :D

http://www.ac.wwu.edu/~partscc/Images/konrad1.jpg

http://www.kdg-wesel.de/history/duden/index1.jpg

Loki
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 04:25 PM
If perfectionism is a crime them I am truly a criminal.

You pick up on every mention of your name, don't you? ;)

Thorburn
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 04:25 PM
If perfectionism is a crime them I am truly a criminal. You better be fast this time. ;)

Phlegethon
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 04:29 PM
Well, maybe I am not that criminal, as I type about 200 keys per minute.

Loki
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 04:35 PM
Well, maybe I am not that criminal, as I type about 200 keys per minute.

Indeed overqualified. ;)

Blood_Axis
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 04:39 PM
I don't care that much about English, but I get depressions when I see a mising comma or something in German threads of me, and it's to late to edit them.

-- I don't care that much about English, but I get depression when I see a missing comma or something in German threads of mine, and it's too late to edit them.

You got 23 hours and 46 min to correct it :D :P

Loki
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 04:46 PM
LOL... I have a wireless keyboard, and could thus be excused for omitting letters at times.. ;) (sometimes I press a key and it doesn't register)

Nordgau
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 04:55 PM
-- I don't care that much about English, but I get depression when I see a missing comma or something in German threads of mine, and it's too late to edit them.

You got 23 hours and 46 min to correct it :D :P

As I said, I don't care that much about my English, which is not my mother tongue, but just a communication instrument for me. :thumbdown:P As long as it doesn't assume PANF proportions ... :P

By the way, "mising" and "to" were typos out of carelessness :-O :~(, with respect to "me" or "mine" I oscillated between the two and then--thinking that both were possible--decided in favour of "me", with respect to the plural form of "depression", however, I really was a conviction criminal ("Ich kriege Depressionen ..."). :P

Blood_Axis
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 05:04 PM
As I said, I don't care that much about my English, which is not my mother tongue, but just a communication instrument for me. :thumbdown:P As long as it doesn't assume PANF proportions ... :P

By the way, "mising" and "to" were typos out of carelessness :-O :~(, with respect to "me" or "mine" I oscillated between the two and then--thinking that both were possible--decided in favour of "me", with respect to the plural form of "depression", however, I really was a conviction criminal ("Ich kriege Depressionen ..."). :P
It's ok..I was just teasing you ;)

I am feeling mischievous today :D

Loki
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 05:08 PM

Bow to the god of mischief then! :D

Nordgau
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 05:09 PM
It's ok..I was just teasing you ;)

Vell, Griechin, ve känn svitsch to very ozer vays of kommunikating in Englisch ... :P

Blood_Axis
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 11:52 PM
Vell, Griechin, ve känn svitsch to very ozer vays of kommunikating in Englisch ... :P
Ze tschermanz alvayz think ov zo many alternative vayz :D

Cole Nidray
Friday, October 7th, 2005, 03:26 AM
-- I don't care that much about English, but I get depression* when I see a missing comma or something in German threads of mine, and it's too late to edit them.

*but I get depressed.