PDA

View Full Version : Are light brown hair common among Nordics ?

Anderson
Wednesday, September 28th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Just interested in Hair colour, never have i really considered any shade of Brown hair to be light, i always reserved that term exclusively for Blondes. However, the more i read, the more i realise that even medium Brown is often accepted as being quite light, and as such quite a common nordic trait.

I,myself have shiny light brown hair which is blonde at the fringe and the sides (my beard also), is this common among nordics? Indeed is this a nordic trait? When you think Nordic, you think Blonde, but this can't be right considering so many "Nordics" have brown hair.

Edward SC
Wednesday, September 28th, 2005, 07:43 PM
There are meds with blond hair and nordics with dark hair. Pigmentation is not very important and it can change with the climate, the age...

Allenson
Wednesday, September 28th, 2005, 08:01 PM
Just interested in Hair colour, never have i really considered any shade of Brown hair to be light, i always reserved that term exclusively for Blondes. However, the more i read, the more i realise that even medium Brown is often accepted as being quite light, and as such quite a common nordic trait.

I,myself have shiny light brown hair which is blonde at the fringe and the sides (my beard also), is this common among nordics? Indeed is this a nordic trait? When you think Nordic, you think Blonde, but this can't be right considering so many "Nordics" have brown hair.

One does not have to have platinum blond hair to fall in the Nordic range. Oftentimes, Nordics are very blond as children only to have their hair darken to a dark blond, light or yes, even medium brown as adults.

GreenHeart
Thursday, September 29th, 2005, 12:07 AM
I still consider light brown hair to be light, that's why it's called "light" brown, IMO.
Nobody is ever going to have light black hair. ;)

Light brown hair is possibly the most common nowadays among the nordic peoples. Blond hair is just more the ideal, that's why it's emphasized, and under normal conditions pretty much an exclusively nordish trait, but when there is race mixing or subrace blending, you might find the scattered individual who is not nordic or maybe even not white but who, nevertheless has blond hair. But it's not the exception that counts...

Weg
Thursday, September 29th, 2005, 12:57 AM
when there is race mixing or subrace blending, you might find the scattered individual who is not nordic or maybe even not white but who, nevertheless has blond hair. But it's not the exception that counts...

Would you say that non-nordic child/adult with blond hair certainly have nordic ancestry?

herr georg
Thursday, October 20th, 2005, 09:43 AM
the non-nordic person with blond hair could have that trait in their bloodline from a nordic person very far back. Not only nordids or skandonordids have blond hair but also the other nordish types.