PDA

View Full Version : Classify Keanu Reeves

RandomTask
Wednesday, August 20th, 2003, 12:40 PM
Would you put him in the caucasian race or mongloid in terms of looks? He is "eurasian" by definition but is his face more on one side than the other, considering all facial features, skin, head, eyes, nose, lips and body type.

http://www.keanupolis.com/esc.j.m.3.jpg

front
http://www.club-keanu.com/nuke/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10010/bball.jpg

http://www.keanupolis.com/kzz0.jpg

Father
http://www.keanuville.com/kdad.jpg

Mother
http://www.keanuville.com/keanumom.jpg

Keanu described himself as "a bourgeois, middle-class white boy with an absent father, a strong-willed mother, and two beautiful younger sisters."

If the links dont load copy and paste them into your browser.
Thanks for your time.

Polak
Wednesday, August 20th, 2003, 01:07 PM
He is actually quite Nordid or Mediterranean in terms of head shape and dimensions.

His face is also fairly Nordid, although it does look a little funny around the cheekbones.

The nose and eyes are clearly influenced by East Asian genes, although they still may appear European to the untrained observer.

Pigmentation is clearly dark, and obviously not from his white (Nordid) mother.

So yeah, he looks like what he is - a mix.

cosmocreator
Wednesday, August 20th, 2003, 06:20 PM
His features are mostly Caucasoid.

RandomTask
Wednesday, August 20th, 2003, 06:40 PM
thanks guys. I would have to agree but i think this is quite ironic as he looks more like his father who is mongloid.

Milesian
Wednesday, August 20th, 2003, 06:59 PM
I would say he's a mix between the two.
He looks like his father in terms of his hair and eye pigmentation, his eyes do have a Mongoloid look about them.
But as others have already said, he seems to take his facial structure from his mother. Look at her and Keanu, compared to him and his father.
It's obvious he doesn't have his father's overall head shape, but a far more European type.
Looking at the first pic of him (profile shot) and his mother's pic, the similarty in that respect is quite glaring. His father's profile view would look quite different from either of them.

That said, I would not class him as "White" as such but a mix who exhibits traits from each side
Some people may see him as primarily white, but I suppose that's because things such as his eye and hair pigmentation could resemble those of a Mediterranian type person.However, we know that they are actually Mongoloid in origin so although to the uninformed he could pass as white, knowing his hertiage I think he can only be labelled as a racial mix

Nordgau
Wednesday, August 20th, 2003, 07:33 PM
Where is his father from? Seems for me to be a Polynesian.

ScotchTape
Thursday, August 21st, 2003, 05:17 AM
i saw some pictures of him from cannes festival this year and his eyes are incredibly small for a caucasian. but then again, i am not good at this race stuff.

RandomTask
Friday, August 22nd, 2003, 08:14 PM
This may sound imposible but from there pics can anyone here roughly estimate his head length and width?. He is 6'1"/186cm.

Gareth
Thursday, May 20th, 2004, 12:28 AM
Where is his father from? Seems for me to be a Polynesian.
father: Samuel Nowlin Reeves
half-Hawaiian, half-Chinese -> Hapa.

The actors mother is English.

Awar
Thursday, May 20th, 2004, 01:17 AM
Canoo looks like a Pontid, except for the slightly slanted eyes.

Here's an actor from Serbia:

http://www.balkanmedia.com/m2/sl/1945-1-1.jpghttp://www.balkanmedia.com/m2/sl/1945-1-2.jpg
http://www.balkanmedia.com/m2/sl/1945-1-3.jpg

rusalka
Thursday, May 20th, 2004, 01:27 AM
Canoo looks like a Pontid, except for the slightly slanted eyes.

Neo actually reminds me of our resident "Pontid dude" Vojvoda a bit. ;)

kinvolk
Thursday, May 20th, 2004, 01:29 AM
Whos Keanu Reeves? I know who Dan Reeves is. A son or something?

rusalka
Thursday, May 20th, 2004, 01:34 AM
Whos Keanu Reeves? I know who Dan Reeves is. A son or something?
Whoa. I take it that the whole Matrix hype passed you by, kinvolk. Interesting indeed. ;)

bocian
Thursday, May 20th, 2004, 01:38 AM
Whoa. I take it that the whole Matrix hype passed you by, kinvolk. Interesting indeed. ;)

No biggie, My wife thought his name was "Kenny Rivers" :rofl

rusalka
Thursday, May 20th, 2004, 01:44 AM
No biggie, My wife thought his name was "Kenny Rivers" :rofl
Oh boy. I'm not commenting on this. :giggle

kinvolk
Thursday, May 20th, 2004, 01:48 AM
I guess it did. Dan Reeves is/was a pro football coach if that helps. He used to work out here but got fired. N.Y. got fired. Then Atlanta[got fired there too!]

bocian
Thursday, May 20th, 2004, 01:50 AM
Oh boy. I'm not commenting on this. :giggle

Gold.

The hilarious thing is that she would always comment to her girlfriends how handsome "Kenny" is. :)

Nordhammer
Thursday, May 20th, 2004, 03:41 AM
Neo actually reminds me of our resident "Pontid dude" Vojvoda a bit. ;)

White-Asian mixes look like Slavs? Many seem to have this perception, even Slavs. My other thread about Beauty Destroyed is more evidence.

Awar
Thursday, May 20th, 2004, 04:18 AM
White-Asian mixes look like Slavs? Many seem to have this perception, even Slavs. My other thread about Beauty Destroyed is more evidence.

So, you think Slavs have Mongoloid admixture?

StrÝbog
Thursday, May 20th, 2004, 04:25 AM
White-Asian mixes look like Slavs? Many seem to have this perception, even Slavs.

Looks like I got back just in time for another fun round of Germanism vs. Slavism. :-O

Nordhammer
Thursday, May 20th, 2004, 05:00 AM
Looks like I got back just in time for another fun round of Germanism vs. Slavism. :-O

Looks like you're trying to provoke a fight. I just made an observation.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Thursday, May 20th, 2004, 07:42 AM
In Island terms, Keanu is a "local", meaning of mixed, predominately non-White ancestry. It also means he is not Hawaiian (Polynesian), Samoan, Tongan, etc., in their pure form. Things are very racial in Hawaii. There is an island in the Hawaiian chain called Niihau (pronounced Nee-hau), which is directly west of Kauai. Only full blooded Hawaiians are even allowed to set foot on Niihau. All Whites are called "Hale" ( pronounced Howl-la) by Hawaiians, Samoans, and Locals. This is as close to calling a White a Nigger as it can come. Locals are secure in the Island social-system because they are the most numerous.

Nordhammer
Thursday, May 20th, 2004, 08:02 AM
And as usual he has a Nordish GF or wife.

Gesta Bellica
Thursday, May 20th, 2004, 09:47 AM
In Island terms, Keanu is a "local", meaning of mixed, predominately non-White ancestry. It also means he is not Hawaiian (Polynesian), Samoan, Tongan, etc., in their pure form. Things are very racial in Hawaii. There is an island in the Hawaiian chain called Niihau (pronounced Nee-hau), which is directly west of Kauai. Only full blooded Hawaiians are even allowed to set foot on Niihau. All Whites are called "Hale" ( pronounced Howl-la) by Hawaiians, Samoans, and Locals. This is as close to calling a White a Nigger as it can come. Locals are secure in the Island social-system because they are the most numerous.

So the Hawaiians are in some way succeeding in preserving at least a part of their racial identity?
Quite interesting..i thought they were almost all mixed.

Siegfried
Thursday, May 20th, 2004, 08:01 PM

Danubians may show some Mongoloid-like features, even if there's no recent Mongoloid admixture. IIRC, Danubians are partially Ladogan (and Ladogans are partially Mongoloid). That would make the Mongoloid element in Danubians small, but possibly not nil. I have no exact data or genetic studies on this though; it's mostly based on Coon's physical anthropology (who also ascribed minor Mongoloid mixture to the East-Baltids, btw).
Dinarics are not so much a race as a morphological type (at least the way Coon uses the term); it arises when Meds are mixed with Alpines (both 'Med' and 'Alpine' here used in a broad way).

Vojvoda
Thursday, May 20th, 2004, 09:05 PM
Neo actually reminds me of our resident "Pontid dude" Vojvoda a bit. ;)No wonder lg likes me :D :P :jk

rusalka
Thursday, May 20th, 2004, 09:15 PM
No wonder lg likes me :D :P :jk
Hahaha. Well, so do I. ;)

Awar
Thursday, May 20th, 2004, 09:28 PM
Danubians may show some Mongoloid-like features, even if there's no recent Mongoloid admixture. IIRC, Danubians are partially Ladogan (and Ladogans are partially Mongoloid). That would make the Mongoloid element in Danubians small, but possibly not nil. I have no exact data or genetic studies on this though; it's mostly based on Coon's physical anthropology (who also ascribed minor Mongoloid mixture to the East-Baltids, btw).
Dinarics are not so much a race as a morphological type (at least the way Coon uses the term); it arises when Meds are mixed with Alpines (both 'Med' and 'Alpine' here used in a broad way).

You're probably speaking about neo-danubians, not danubian proto-nordics.
There is no basis for saying that Slavs look part mongoloid, because Slavs are a widespread linguistic group, not a race. It's totally misleading to speak of a Slavic race or a Slavic look.

Again, even if some Slavs do display certain Mongoloid-like characteristics, there is no basis for broad generalizations like Nordhammer's statement:

White-Asian mixes look like Slavs? Many seem to have this perception, even Slavs.

He based this Slavs=Semi-Mongols on two comparations I made:

I compared a photos of Keanu Reeves with photos of a Serbian ( Slavic ) actor Rastko Jankovic:

http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.com.br/personalidades/atores/keanu-reeves/keanu-reeves03.jpghttp://www.balkanmedia.com/m2/sl/1945-1-1.jpg

The Serbian actor clearly shows zero mongoloid features, on the other hand, Keanu does have some.
The resemblence they have is only in the CAUCASOID features they both posess.

Nordhammer also posted the pictures of 'beauty destroyed' aka Malice, a go-go dancer/erotic model. According to Nordhammer, this woman is nearly half-Mongoloid, having Japanese and Amerindian ancestry. ( I failed to find any data about her ancestry on her homepage: www.beautydestroyed.com ).

http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12470

I compared this woman to Goca Trzan, a singer whose ancestry hails from Slovenia:

http://www.srpskadijaspora.info/astrokutak/030409_1_1.jpg

You can visit the thread in question: http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=11636&highlight=beauty+destroyed

So... I'd like to see where's the 'evidence' of 'many people' and Slavs who think that White+Asian looks like a Slav...

In addition, it would be nice that everyone who makes statements like "Slavs are part Mongoloid" to substantiate their claims with at least some real evidence.

Nordhammer
Thursday, May 20th, 2004, 09:43 PM
No wonder lg likes me :D :P :jk

:)

Personally I don't see a strong resemblance, other than skin tone, hair color and maybe eye color. Keanu's hair, nose and eyes definitely show Mongoloid influence. His hair has a semi-Mongoloid texture/form, and his nostrils are quite wide and flared. His eyes too are more particularly Mongoloid.

If people can't pick up on significant Mongoloid admixture like this I think we're in trouble.

Nordhammer
Thursday, May 20th, 2004, 09:49 PM
Nordhammer also posted the pictures of 'beauty destroyed' aka Malice, a go-go dancer/erotic model. According to Nordhammer, this woman is nearly half-Mongoloid, having Japanese and Amerindian ancestry. ( I failed to find any data about her ancestry on her homepage: www.beautydestroyed.com ).

That you think I'm lying and she's not partially Mongoloid just makes your argument even funnier.

Nordhammer
Thursday, May 20th, 2004, 09:54 PM
I don't think she's a go-go dancer, she's just promiscuous. She does computer-related work, she's educated and intelligent.

StrÝbog
Thursday, May 20th, 2004, 10:06 PM
Looks like you're trying to provoke a fight. I just made an observation.

So what Slavs consider half-Asians to look "Slavic"?

Awar
Thursday, May 20th, 2004, 10:35 PM
That you think I'm lying and she's not partially Mongoloid just makes your argument even funnier.

Have I said anywhere that I think you're lying?
I just didn't find any info.

Triglav
Friday, May 21st, 2004, 01:08 AM

No Slav I know would mistake this guy for a fellow Slav...

Nordhammer
Friday, May 21st, 2004, 01:30 AM
No Slav I know would mistake this guy for a fellow Slav...

Well, I find that hard to believe considering the comments here. Not just Slavs though, many people mistake him for a "white" guy, without knowing his ancestry.

What about the female? Many classified her within a typical Slavic range, including Slavs you know.

Triglav
Friday, May 21st, 2004, 02:13 AM
Well, I find that hard to believe considering the comments here. Not just Slavs though, many people mistake him for a "white" guy, without knowing his ancestry.

I can assure you that no Slovenian would mistake him for a fellow countryman. Not in his wildest dreams.

What about the female? Many classified her within a typical Slavic range, including Slavs you know.

Slavic is a linguistic/cultural designation. Many ethnicities claim to be Slavic, and some can't make up their mind (Bosnians ;)). I, personally, don't view them as Slavic, and I know I am not alone.

To be honest, Goca Trzan doesn't strike me as Slovenian either. I wouldn't deny her that status if she turned out to be one, though.

As for the lady, I can say that she appears to be outside the Slovenian range. I will defer to other members to decide about other Slavic ethnicities. There are some features (especially visible in the profile) about her which would disqualify her IMHO. The pictures are inadequate for such an evaluation, though. She might remind me of a TV presenter from Slovenia, who I thought could present some kind of an extreme type of Dinaricism coupled with what I would think of as Neo-Danubian, but I found out she doesn't have a Slovenian name, so she most probably isn't...

http://www.mladina.si/tednik/200332/clanek/kviz/img/kviz1_display.jpg

Triglav
Friday, May 21st, 2004, 02:19 AM

AWAR actually answered that:

The resemblence they have is only in the CAUCASOID features they both posess.

Gareth
Friday, May 21st, 2004, 02:41 AM
I'd say their phenotypes are localized exponents of the white spectrum emerged through separation, but having the same ancestry. Most likely similar with other sub-races.

Thereto, I wouldn't consider it that bad being proto-mongolid. What's with the meds, are they necessarily something better because they came after the UPs? No need for automatisms. Qualitys count, not age or generation.

Awar
Friday, May 21st, 2004, 03:47 AM
I'd say their phenotypes are localized exponents of the white spectrum emerged through separation, but having the same ancestry. Most likely similar with other sub-races.

Thereto, I wouldn't consider it that bad being proto-mongolid. What's with the meds, are they necessarily something better because they came after the UPs? No need for automatisms. Qualitys count, not age or generation.

Actually, I agree with you. You should see my earlier posts about pseudo-Mongoloid UP's, the neolithic, uralic impact etc. I don't see anything wrong with any of the old European ancestral backgrounds.

Here, it's a different case. Many people, and many Slavs do not think that Slavs look like white+asian mixes. Such a wide generalization simply cannot be possible. Slavs are the most numerous European meta-ethnicity, most widespread, cover many sub-racial types, and also millions of non-ethnic citizens who speak Slavic languages.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Friday, May 21st, 2004, 04:22 AM
If anybody at Skadi can derive a Slav out of Keanu Reeves, then we do have a problem. In greater Los Angeles, he just fits in with the Asians, Mexicans, and mixed combination of these with Whites. He acts White. He has no trace of Island pigen-English or even a Hawaiian accent. So he is unnoticed, as far as race is concerned, in Hollywood. I am sure this language thing all changes when he is hangin' with his "Bras", smoking "Lolo" at "da beach".

xakep
Friday, May 21st, 2004, 09:40 AM
Neo-Dunubian was made-up, it doesn't exist.

Nordhammer
Friday, May 21st, 2004, 07:41 PM
If anybody at Skadi can derive a Slav out of Keanu Reeves, then we do have a problem. In greater Los Angeles, he just fits in with the Asians, Mexicans, and mixed combination of these with Whites. He acts White. He has no trace of Island pigen-English or even a Hawaiian accent. So he is unnoticed, as far as race is concerned, in Hollywood. I am sure this language thing all changes when he is hangin' with his "Bras", smoking "Lolo" at "da beach".

Yes, that is the point, not just for Slavs, but whites in general - that many significantly Mongoloid people pass as white.

What is "acting white"?

Siegfried
Friday, May 21st, 2004, 07:56 PM
Neo-Dunubian was made-up, it doesn't exist.

Would you care to elaborate on that?