PDA

View Full Version : Albanach (Paleo-Atlantid) vs Borreby

Edwin
Monday, September 19th, 2005, 06:21 AM
Many of the Albanach I have seen match the Borrebies for size; they tend to be coarse and ultra-massive, though remarkably dark and long-headed. But if we assume they require Atlantid admixture, then why do they often grow so much larger than the local Falians?

Are we observing some Neandertal derived tendency? Predmostoid?

Edwin
Monday, September 19th, 2005, 07:32 PM
I use Albanach in order to distinguish them from Atlantids, from scrawny West-Meds by extension, and also from Albanians. It means "from Scotland or Britain in general" in Old Irish, and is at least as precise as Falian.

RedJack
Monday, September 19th, 2005, 08:08 PM
By Albanach, do you mean blokes like Vinnie Jones?
http://forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=39538&stc=1&d=1127157051

Edwin
Tuesday, September 20th, 2005, 12:09 AM
Vinnie Jones isn't really all that big, and I would say he's predominantly Atlantid with Anglo-Saxon admixture. To be honest, I really don't know what I mean, and this is one of my dumber threads. The type in question does exist, and I have seen it often, but I can't find many good pictures.

Here are two actors, both Scottish, and within the range: Robbie Coltrane and Brian Cox. The former seems more Borreby, and the latter seems rather extreme.

RedJack
Tuesday, September 20th, 2005, 02:06 AM
Atlanto-Saxon, eh? :thumbup

What about Sean Connery, then?:scratch

Edwin
Tuesday, September 20th, 2005, 05:20 PM
I really don't know how to classify Sean Connery, because he has coarsened so much over the years, more so than most. See him in From Russia with Love (next to the massive Robert Shaw), then in The Man Who Would Be King, and then in The Hunt for Red October, as he goes from Atlantid to nearly Borreby.

Waarnemer
Tuesday, September 20th, 2005, 05:46 PM
See him in From Russia with Love (next to the massive Robert Shaw), then in The Man Who Would Be King, and then in The Hunt for Red October, as he goes from Atlantid to nearly Borreby.
With aging people tend to look more cromagnid and in a sense more robust.