PDA

View Full Version : What Is Your Body Type?

SouthernBoy
Saturday, October 23rd, 2004, 10:22 PM
There are three basic somatypes:

http://www.innerexplorations.com/jungjpg/psy3.h12.gif

Ectomorph - thin, small bones, can't gain weight easily

Mesomorph - stocky, muscular, large bones, gains muscle easily

Endomorph - short limbs, small to medium bones, gains fat easily

I am using Sheldon's scale. I will try to add a picture of all the somatypes. There are many differnt mixtures of the three somatypes. The three choices I have listed are only the extremes. Please select which one you fit into best then, tell me which more specific group you fit into afterwards: Ecto.-Meso., etc.

http://www.innerexplorations.com/jungjpg/psy3.h14.gif

"If we take a tour of Sheldon's body type diagram, the endomorph's silhouette looks like a pear. Further up north we meet the endomorphic mesomorph. His abdomen is not quite as massive. His shoulders are bulkier, and this creates a rectangular shape. Much of the softness of the endomorph is gone, replaced by a feeling of solidness. The endomorphic mesomorph is like a bull. Once we hit the extreme mesomorphic pole the bulk of the abdomen has dwindled even further, and there's a strong contrast between the relatively narrow waist and hips and the powerful shoulders and arms. Going down the other side towards the ectomorphic pole we have the ectomorphic mesomorph. He is less heavily built, but still muscular. His neighbor to the south has an equal measure of mesomorphy and ectomorphy, making him thin and muscular. Then comes the more extreme ectomorph, and between him and the endomorph, the ectomorphic endomorph, who is perhaps the hardest to recognize. He is spread out and round without being muscular. In the middle are mid-range physiques well endowed with all the basic elements. And somewhere in this panoramic rainbow of physiques is you. Can you find yourself?"

I am a Meso.-Ectomorph with a lot of Mesomorphy.

Triglav
Saturday, October 23rd, 2004, 10:32 PM
Why is there no multiple choice? I'm very much between an endomorph and mesomorph (endomorphic mesomorph).

SouthernBoy
Saturday, October 23rd, 2004, 10:34 PM
I want to see who fits into the basic types. I want people to elaborate in their posts. You must be a U.P. beast Triglav! :)

Fraxinus Excelsior
Saturday, October 23rd, 2004, 11:12 PM
In between Endo- and Mesomorph; and, I'm more of a Mesomorph.

Glenlivet
Saturday, October 23rd, 2004, 11:19 PM
Gracile (Insular) Mediterranids tend towards the ectomorphic. I would say that even the most progressive and refined looking tall and slim Nordids are closer to mesomorphic than ectomorphic. It is difficult (maybe except the extremes) to draw the line by merely comparing to images.

Palaeo-Atlantids, Berids and Alpinids appear to be the most endomorphic. One could perhaps include East-Baltids (definitely if taking Rohrer's index into consideration, see below) here.

Most of us should be closest to mesomorphic.

For "compatcness", the ratio of body weight to height can most rationally be expressed as Rohrer's index. Europids have approx. 1.35 (although Finns and Estonians have 1,40). For Rohrer's index (r), take body weight/10 x height3 (exponent).

Johannes de León
Saturday, October 23rd, 2004, 11:24 PM
I am really between Ectomorph and Mesomorph, so I didn't vote.

Tommy Vercetti
Saturday, October 23rd, 2004, 11:52 PM
I think endomorphs gain easily both, fat and muscle.

With a lazy training I have gained about 9 kg in one year, so I think I'm mesomorph

Telperion
Saturday, October 23rd, 2004, 11:54 PM
Closer to meso- than ecto-morph, but not by much.

Gareth
Sunday, October 24th, 2004, 12:31 AM
1.10 in Rohrer's index, ectomorph.

Long limbs in every dimension, no ability to amass fat. Some former schoolmates of mine had the same weight, it's not that uncommon.

Agrippa
Wednesday, September 7th, 2005, 04:02 PM
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker.php?Q1=3&Q2=3&Q3=3&Q4=3&Q5=2&Q6=1&Q7=2&Q8=2&Q9=3&Q10=2&Q11=2&Q12=3

Take the test:

Your score is 2.42.

Your body is between an Ectomorph and a Mesomorph.

About Physical and Psychic relations in this system:
http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=8778

This test is obviously not very accurate, as it doesnt distinguish too much between muscles and fat, and the personal, subjective impression is most important. Furthermore there is no age calibration. Rather for fun.

Huzar
Wednesday, September 7th, 2005, 04:18 PM
I agree, the test, it's rather fun. Really doesn't work fine in my case, by the moment i'm a rather muscular type.

Anyway, my score, is 1,85. Very near to the fully mesomorph (my damn cromagnid structure.........;) :P)

Frans_Jozef
Wednesday, September 7th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Weight is in certain cultures a sign of moral gravity and outstanding breeding...and in combination with a volumious roundish head form, a man becomes a pure, irresistible eye-catcher for the Ladies Folk.;)

Move over, you progressive, lanky Medish-Nordish dudes.:P

Your score is 1.75.

Your body is closest to a Mesomorph. You have a naturally fit body but to maintain it or improve it you should exercise and diet correctly for your type. Strength training can be done more often and for longer sessions then would be good for an Ectomorph, but you must still be carefull not to overdo it. You should train with moderate to heavy weighs and at a moderate pace, not resting too long between sets. You will find you gain muscle quite easy (some women and even men might not want to get too bulky, but this won't happen suddenly. When you are happy with your muscle size simply train to maintain it). Stick to a good healthy diet to keep you lean and muscular, and watch for any slow creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, sports, etc. but do not overdo.

Huzar
Wednesday, September 7th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Weight is in certain cultures a sign of moral gravity and outstanding breeding...and in combination with a volumious roundish head form, a man becomes a pure, irresistible eye-catcher for the Ladies Folk.;)

Move over, you progressive, lanky Medish-Nordish dudes.:P

Weight, roundish head, etc, ..............you know Frans, it's the exact portrait of someone i know on this forum :D :P

Anyway, you're right on the Medish-nordish dudes ;) :P

Btw, What's your height/weight, (if i can ask, obviously) ?

Oskorei
Wednesday, September 7th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Your score is 2.25.
Your body is closest to a Mesomorph. You have a naturally fit body but to maintain it or improve it you should exercise and diet correctly for your type. Strength training can be done more often and for longer sessions then would be good for an Ectomorph, but you must still be carefull not to overdo it. You should train with moderate to heavy weighs and at a moderate pace, not resting too long between sets. You will find you gain muscle quite easy (some women and even men might not want to get too bulky, but this won't happen suddenly. When you are happy with your muscle size simply train to maintain it). Stick to a good healthy diet to keep you lean and muscular, and watch for any slow creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, sports, etc. but do not overdo.

Frans_Jozef
Wednesday, September 7th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Weight, roundish head, etc, ..............you know Frans, it's the exact portrait of someone i know on this forum :D :P

Anyway, you're right on the Medish-nordish dudes ;) :P

Btw, What's your height/weight, (if i can ask, obviously) ?

I measure 173.5 cm and 90kg...my weight remained pretty constant for about a decade and while it would healthier to lose some boreal fat deposits;), I never suffered from carrying that extra weight. In fact, I'm able to walk easily tens of kilometers without sweating much nor feeling exhaustion, despite my knee distorsion, flat feet, smoking and drink abuses.
Oh, I never drink water nor do I feel the need of taking fluids underway...quite hardened in that aspect, I might add.

Huzar
Wednesday, September 7th, 2005, 07:08 PM
I measure 173.5 cm and 90kg...my weight remained pretty constant for about a decade and while it would healthier to lose some boreal fat deposits;), I never suffered from carrying that extra weight. In fact, I'm able to walk easily tens of kilometers without sweating much nor feeling exhaustion, despite my knee distorsion, flat feet, smoking and drink abuses.
Oh, I never drink water nor do I feel the need of taking fluids underway...quite hardened in that aspect, I might add.

Good. You're rather in good shape for your physical typology:thumbup

To compare you with me, my weight is almost the same (94 kg), but i'm a bit taller than you (189.5 cm) and my weight is "muscular" for the major part. I' m good walking in mountains i can cover a difference of height of 1000 Mt. in one and half hour less or more

Taras Bulba
Wednesday, September 7th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Your score is 1.83.

Siegmund
Wednesday, September 7th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Your score is 2.

Joermungand
Wednesday, September 7th, 2005, 09:46 PM
I get Meso to Endomorph , im verry strong but not that persevering.

Gareth
Wednesday, September 7th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Your score is 2.67.
Your body is between an Ectomorph and a Mesomorph. Choose a middle approach between the follow recommendations.
I'm not sure about being hungry, I selected that I'm hungry all the time. There could be another "level" of being hungry. I eat small meals multiple times the day because I heard it is more healthy than few big meals. I also feel too heavy if I eat more than two plates of food at the lunch.

Glenlivet
Thursday, September 8th, 2005, 02:36 AM
Your score is 2.33.

Your body is between an Ectomorph and a Mesomorph. Choose a middle approach between the follow recommendations.

I'm not sure what they mean with child. I selected normal. One goes through many physical (and mental) changes throughout childhood. I was chubby, taller and weighed more than average when I was 2-3, became slim at 4, chubby around 6, slim or almost thin at 7 and 8. I got chubby again around 13 after a trip to USA. It seems like everyone I know who has been to the USA, even for short period of time, has gained a lot of weight and lost it all when they have returned to Europe. I became slimmer again at 14, after the onset of puberty, or around the time my voice got deeper and I lost the fat one has as a child. I was also average in sports during the 7th grade but became one of the best in the 8th grade when I was much stronger and faster. I guess the potential was there. Our teacher was surprised, and he was aware that it had to do with puberty.

I do not understand the point of encircling your finger around your wrist. I do not think my wrist is small, but my fingers are obviously long. What does it test? How big-boned you are or if you have long fingers? Both?

I am more hungry when I exercise, which is natural. There are many questions that depend on the period of time.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kurilla4.htm

Look under "Using Skeletal Dimensions To Describe Body Types"

William Sheldon's Body and Temperament Types

http://www.innerexplorations.com/catpsy/t1c4.htm

Thusnelda
Thursday, September 8th, 2005, 03:13 AM
Your score is 2.42.

Agrippa
Thursday, September 8th, 2005, 03:27 AM
I do not understand the point of encircling your finger around your wrist. I do not think my wrist is small, but my fingers are obviously long. What does it test? How big-boned you are or if you have long fingers? Both?

Mainly how big boned you are, though because both factors are involved, both makes sense, but generally the difference is not as constant if its about finger lengths, especially in males, since especially mesomorphics can have quite big hands...

If its about the hand, the thinness of the fingers and the index of the hand (length-breadth as usual) are more important. Usually more masculine types of all groups, but lepto- and mesomorphics in particular, have bigger hands, as women have smaller. Again the difference between the various type categories are important (a la racial, constitution, sexual, age, social etc.)

Jack
Thursday, September 8th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Your score is 2.17. Your body is closest to a Mesomorph. You have a naturally fit body but to maintain it or improve it you should exercise and diet correctly for your type. Strength training can be done more often and for longer sessions then would be good for an Ectomorph, but you must still be carefull not to overdo it. You should train with moderate to heavy weighs and at a moderate pace, not resting too long between sets. You will find you gain muscle quite easy (some women and even men might not want to get too bulky, but this won't happen suddenly. When you are happy with your muscle size simply train to maintain it). Stick to a good healthy diet to keep you lean and muscular, and watch for any slow creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, sports, etc. but do not overdo.

Mjölnir
Thursday, September 8th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Your score is 2.

Aha another sinnless info in my head...:D:);):thumbup

M.,

Huzar
Thursday, September 8th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Wow, there is a mosomorphic army here................

Liquid Len
Sunday, September 11th, 2005, 09:38 PM
According to the test I'm a mesomorph, but I would rather describe me as a pyknic (and hence endomorph). Perhaps with some slight mesomorphic characteristics, but only slight ones. The test doesn't give enough weight to the physical characteristics. The inclusion of psychical characteristics distorts the test quite a lot, at least in my case, and probably often in other cases as well. And then it doesn't take into account if you're already regularly engaged into sportive activity. Because I am my metabolism is just right, my weight stays the same, I can easily lose or gain weight. But if I wasn't I would be obese. And the question how often you're hungry depends also much of one's diet and eating habits, not only of the physique.

Patria
Monday, September 12th, 2005, 01:25 AM
Your score is 2.17.
Your body is closest to a Mesomorph.
You have a naturally fit body but to maintain it or improve it you should exercise and diet correctly for your type. Strength training can be done more often and for longer sessions then would be good for an Ectomorph, but you must still be carefull not to overdo it. You should train with moderate to heavy weighs and at a moderate pace, not resting too long between sets. You will find you gain muscle quite easy (some women and even men might not want to get too bulky, but this won't happen suddenly. When you are happy with your muscle size simply train to maintain it). Stick to a good healthy diet to keep you lean and muscular, and watch for any slow creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, sports, etc. but do not overdo.

Quiz (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3.htm) · Result page (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker.php?Q1=2&Q2=2&Q3=2&Q4=2&Q5=3&Q6=2&Q7=2&Q8=2&Q9=2&Q10=2&Q11=2&Q12=3)

Theudanaz
Monday, September 12th, 2005, 03:03 AM
wow, i got the same. yet my body has come through different channels, i have no pontid, but rather nordid, borreby, faelid and atlantid background.

Your score is 1.83.

maskedhate
Wednesday, October 12th, 2005, 06:33 AM
Your score is 2.42. Your body is between an Ectomorph and a Mesomorph.

I am slim and atlethic, although i am not so big

simplex
Wednesday, October 12th, 2005, 07:10 AM

Beat that! Ive got even skinnier since I quit football and lost my muscle mass :(.

GreenHeart
Thursday, October 20th, 2005, 05:50 PM
Your score is 2.08.

Thats what I figured. My body is pretty nice. :) :thumbup

nordic_canadian_male
Friday, October 21st, 2005, 12:05 AM
I got a 2.08. Closest to mesomorph. I was skinny as a kid, and my bones are on the small medium side, but I have a very athletic appearance. I'm 180cm, 160 lbs with a bodyfat % of around 11 according to my scale. I have the body of a nordic with some cro-magnid influence.

Nordraserei
Friday, October 21st, 2005, 12:24 AM
Mesomorph

Freydis
Tuesday, November 1st, 2005, 04:42 AM
"Your score is 2.33.

Ectomorph: An ectomorph should concentrate on gaining weight in the form of good lean muscle tissue (some women that are too thin may also want to put on a little fat to look more feminine). Weight training should be done but not too often or for too long each session. Weight should be fairly heavy and workout pace slower (longer rest periods between sets). Diet should be high in calories (good quality food not junk) and you should eat more then you're used to and often. Aerobic and other activities (sports, dancing, etc.) should be kept to a minimum, at least until you are happy with your weight and looks.

Mesomorph: Mesomorphs have a naturally fit body but to maintain it or improve it you should exercise and diet correctly for your type. Strength training can be done more often and for longer sessions then would be good for an Ectomorph, but you must still be carefull not to overdo it. You should train with moderate to heavy weighs and at a moderate pace, not resting too long between sets. You will find you gain muscle quite easy (some women and even men might not want to get too bulky, but this won't happen suddenly. When you are happy with your muscle size simply train to maintain it). Stick to a good healthy diet to keep you lean and muscular, and watch for any slow creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, sports, etc. but do not overdo."

I just walk a lot. Is this the right kind of activity?

ubbe
Saturday, December 31st, 2005, 05:51 PM
I've always considered my body type a little different. My arms, legs, feet and hands are all very long. Height is 6-2. Is there a specific name for this body type (besides skinny) ? Is it associated with any particular racial sub group? What were the reasons for the evolution of this body type? Apologize if this is the wrong forum for this thread.

Lemko
Saturday, December 31st, 2005, 06:40 PM
I think it is a wrong thread for this forum but I would say you you are something between actomorf and mesomorf (pred. actomorf). It is a perfect tipe for boxing:)

ubbe
Saturday, December 31st, 2005, 06:47 PM
Go figure, my dad was a boxer.

QuietWind
Saturday, December 31st, 2005, 07:09 PM
Here are some threads you may be interested in:

Lundmans racial body typology (http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=37679)

Long Bones Growth Variation (http://forums.skadi.net//showthread.php?p=108550#post108550)

Leptomorphic body from an evolutionary perspective (http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=41945)

The typical Nordid body type (http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=39434)

Kretschmers and Sheldon typologies. (http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=8778)

The threads talk about other body type as well, and not just those listed in the titles. Also there are pics where you can compare yourself to. There are also links within the threads to more threads, and even a link to a quiz for determining your type. Have fun! :)

ubbe
Saturday, December 31st, 2005, 10:27 PM
Thanks Jennifer thats exactly the stuff I was looking for!

Happy New year

Nordraserei
Saturday, December 31st, 2005, 10:38 PM
Skinny. How much do you weigh in at?

Skildur
Saturday, December 31st, 2005, 10:41 PM
You have a Boomer's hands. :D

ubbe
Sunday, January 1st, 2006, 02:28 AM
My average body weight is 185 pounds. I guess Im not that skinny, its just I have the bad habit of comparing myself to the other males on my Dads side of the family. At 6'2 185 pounds I am the smallest male on my fathers side. Family has produced a boxer, an airforce honor guard member, a speed skater, 2 collegic football players, and an NFL defensive end. Im guessing its the Frisian blood.

Picture 2 gives you a good idea of my freaky hands. Last weekend my friends were playing bloody knuckles and they all refused to go against me, saying my hands are to big.

Happy New Years and have a safe night!

ubbe
Sunday, January 1st, 2006, 05:34 PM
So would I be classified as a Leptosomic, sinewy Leptosomic or Leptosome-Athletic build?

This guy is alot bigger then me, but muscle structure wise I think I resemble the guy in the far left in the first picture of this link.

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=39434

What the hecks a boomer anyways? Is it something you would say to my face?

Agrippa
Monday, January 2nd, 2006, 07:17 PM
Basically the body type seems to be Leptosomic-Athletic, but your facial profile is "rather weak" which is more common in Leptosomics so I assume that you trained a lot to gain some muscles and weight? However, arms are quite long but some of the pictures might be distorting. Generally longer arms are in many types quite common, especially if the lower extremities are quite long too and the body type is rather Leptosomic or Athletic, mainly Dinarids have as a rule shorter arms though they are rather long legged. Especially borealised Cromagnoids (Borreby/Nordalpinoid and Baltid) have longer arms and shorter legs in Europe.

ubbe
Monday, January 2nd, 2006, 07:58 PM
Thanks Agrippa,

Heres a little more info. I train (get cut) fairly quickly but its difficult for me to add weight. Untrained my chest is weak but my untrained arms and especially legs are stronger. My legs are very long and I have pretty large natural calf and thigh muscles.

some_one_number_one
Friday, December 29th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Your score is 2.58.

prguy
Friday, February 9th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Your score is 1.75. a mesomorph

newenstad
Friday, February 9th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Your score is 2.17.

Esther_Helena
Friday, February 9th, 2007, 09:16 PM
In number one, how do you tell which one you are?

Patrioten
Friday, February 9th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Your score is 2.67. Your body is between an Ectomorph and a Mesomorph. Choose a middle approach between the follow recommendations.

Theudiskaz
Saturday, February 10th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Your score is 2.08.
Mesomorph

I'm kind of weird, where my body type is concerned. I have relatively slender bones, but am quite muscular, and build muscle mass with relative ease. I also don't gain fat very easily. I'm like an ectomroph with a muscular and strong upper body. As a young negro once put it, "damn, he built like a black man!":P

Georgie boy
Saturday, February 10th, 2007, 03:40 AM
Your score is 2.58.

Istigkeit
Saturday, February 10th, 2007, 03:50 AM
Your score is 1.75.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3a.jpg

joseanton
Saturday, February 10th, 2007, 03:50 AM
Your score is 2.42. Your body is between an Ectomorph and a Mesomorph. Choose a middle approach between the follow recommendations

Cliodhna
Saturday, February 24th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Your score is 1.75. Your body is closest to a Mesomorph.

Dropkick
Tuesday, March 6th, 2007, 01:35 AM
2.17 I'm lucky that I gain muscle easily but never get fat (except for years 1-4)! Although I do find it hard to relax and concentrate on things which is why all my posts are short.:) It's only a rough estimate I suppose.

Evolved
Tuesday, March 6th, 2007, 02:06 AM
Your score is 2.17.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3a.jpg
Your body is closest to a Mesomorph.

shockgrrrl
Saturday, March 10th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Your score is 1.5. Your body is between an EndoMorph and a Mesomorph.

Kurtz
Wednesday, August 29th, 2007, 08:31 PM
What's yours? Mine is clearly Ectomorphic Mesomorph; I am not thin (have some non-significative but present abdominal fat), nor really large, grow muscle quite easily and have a V-shaped torso.

SineNomine
Wednesday, August 29th, 2007, 08:38 PM
I would say I am also an ectomorphic mesomorph. I have a rather fragile bone structure, but broad shoulders, and some minor body fat, and can put on muscle easily. I can barely surpass 165 lbs/ 75 kg, ever, when not working out and tend to be around 150 lbs/ 67 kg, but I'm not scrawny.

brianweg
Wednesday, August 29th, 2007, 09:20 PM
I'm definitely an ectomorph. (Apparently a rare ectomorphic Brunn)

Allenson
Wednesday, August 29th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Ecto-meso...or maybe just straight mesomorph.

I don't lift weights, or strength train at all for that matter but after years of hard, physical, outdoor work, I've built up a fair bit of muscle....and, if I did weight-train, I would imagine that I could get pretty burly and bulky.

I don't want to do that though. Body-by-nature. That's my style. ;)

Deary
Thursday, August 30th, 2007, 12:14 AM
I'm an ectomorph. I'm slender, petite and small boned with dangly fingers, long neck, narrow feet, and lengthy arms and legs. My shoulders don't seem to droop though. My fast metabolism makes it difficult to put on weight. I avoid working out for fear that any growth of muscle will eat up the decent layer of fat I have to cushion my bones. An advantage is that I can get away with eating a lot of anything. My physique sometimes makes me feel insecure compared to other women. I'm only 164cm and being so slender makes me appear younger than I am. I do get asked often if I am a ballerina, which makes me feel better.

ChaosLord
Friday, August 31st, 2007, 12:16 AM
Ecto-mesomorphic. I'm lean and muscular but not skinny.

Bridie
Friday, August 31st, 2007, 10:32 AM
I posted a thread and poll that is better suited to women's body types I think :) : http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=984

Ferryman
Friday, August 31st, 2007, 05:27 PM
I did some test a while ago and I can't remember was I a mesomorphic ectomorph or ectomorphic mesomorph.

Janus
Friday, August 31st, 2007, 08:15 PM
None of those since my I got a disturbed growth in my childhood and adolescence thanks to a chronic illness.

Diarmuid
Saturday, September 1st, 2007, 08:01 PM
Mesomorphic ectomorph. A typical Nordic build, really.

Þórir
Tuesday, September 4th, 2007, 09:40 AM
I voted ectomorphic mesomorph. But after taking the test, in which I scored 2.67, I think I'm closer to a mesomorphic ectomorph. I have some minor body fat.

theTasmanian
Tuesday, September 4th, 2007, 03:28 PM
well i think I'm dead between Mesomorph and endomorph-mesomorph

not totally narrow hips but there is a noticeable narrowing from the shoulder width.....big bones and heavy muscle.....i know I'm over weight(105kg:o) but even loosing 10-15kgs I'm heavy by most standards

Ragnar Thorsson
Tuesday, September 4th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Between Ectomorphic and Ectomorphic-mesomorphic.

I am rather small and thin and I have a long neck. But I do not have weak muscles, so somewhere between it.

ladybright
Tuesday, September 4th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Right now I am 23 weeks pregnant so I weigh 200# or 90.7 kg which is a little more than I would like to be at this point but I am not going to stress mysef about it. I am 5'11"/1.8m tall. I have always had a strong build with moderately heavy bones and muscles. I greatly perfer either strength building exersizes or walking/hiking to aerobic activities. I think this is due to a slighlty low fluid balance that makes it easy for me to overheat especially in the summer.

Your score is 1.92.

Eiríkr
Friday, September 7th, 2007, 03:21 AM
It says my body type is Mesomorph with a score of 2.08. I changed a couple of indecisive answers to some questions, and I was still given the same body type.

I receive a lot of remarks on the broadness of my shoulders, the thickness of my neck, and my large chest. My waist is very small relative compared to other people.

After weightlifting in a short period of time, I very easily gained 7kg (15lb). Overtime, I somehow lost all the weight. My mass fluctuates very easily all the time.

More information on somatotypes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somatotype (http://forums.skadi.net/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikip edia.org%2Fwiki%2FSomatotype)

emperorlives
Friday, September 7th, 2007, 04:02 AM
Between an Endomorphic-Mesomorph or straight up Mesomorph. Hard to tell as I need to lose 30-40 lbs. I have a wide chest, though.

Upper Paleolithic, dude!

housecarl
Sunday, October 14th, 2007, 04:29 AM
mesomorph. 1.80m/5,11, 200 lbs, 10% bf. Tbh somato types are very basic and somewhat outdated way of describing someones body compostition.

sophia
Sunday, October 14th, 2007, 04:57 AM
That quiz said I was a mesomorph, seems a bit unlikely to me though, I have the archetypal female curvy body :confused:

Next World
Sunday, October 14th, 2007, 01:55 PM
That quiz said I was a mesomorph, seems a bit unlikely to me though, I have the archetypal female curvy body :confused:It's not unlikely whatsoever. I got mesomorph, too. When you gain or lose weight, you probably don't lose it from your "girly areas" any more than from another area. Being mesomorphic and having the archetypal female curvy body just means that if you were to "get jacked" to the point that your abs were showing, you'd more than likely still have noticeable breasts and thighs.

I know that I'm endo-meso, or, would argue in spite of this poll that I'm more meso-endo. Looking at the difference between my "summer body" and my "winter body" that's obvious.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Monday, October 15th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Mesomorph-ectomorph. I have naturally great endurance and good strength but not the bulging muscles and great build of a true mesomorph.

Sigurd
Wednesday, October 24th, 2007, 06:33 AM
I suppose that I would qualify as an Endomorphic Mesomorph. The tendency, I believe is more towards Mesomorph however, despite not being fit at the minute I look way tougher than I really am at the minute, which is for granted a bit of an advantage.

Muscle is easily gained and builds rather easily. Shoulders are medium-breadth, but the chest is fairly pronounced, especially forward. All fat gained is either collected on the inside of the thigh or the front of the torso - even when I weighed almost 250 lbs with most being fat could I feel the bones at the sides. Hence it makes the waist look fairly normal.

My metabolism isn't always the best, then again it is mostly the diet which causes that (I eat way too much fat and sweets). I have gained 30 lbs. in 4 weeks before, and have likewise lost 25 lbs. in 4 weeks before.

I suppose if I looked more after my body, then I'd be pretty much a not-to-mess-with person. :p

Ausswolf
Thursday, October 25th, 2007, 05:13 PM
I did the test and got Mesomorph, which I think fits well with my natural build. Also makes sense with how i respond to weight training, and my past sports performances and preferences (speed and strength over endurance).
:)

IlluSionSxxx
Thursday, October 25th, 2007, 05:22 PM
I would have to go for Endomorphic mesomorph, which is a typical attribute of the Borreby phenotype which I belong to.

Drakkar
Monday, October 29th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Ecto-Meso. I have naturally defined pectorals, broad shoulders, long muscular legs, arms have an average build. I would say this is typical for CMs, but I may have more nordid Ecto influence than most.

Ausswolf
Tuesday, October 30th, 2007, 01:40 AM
Ecto-Meso. I have naturally defined pectorals, broad shoulders, long muscular legs, arms have an average build. I would say this is typical for CMs, but I may have more nordid Ecto influence than most.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but why are Nordids typically ecto, that is long and lean. This doesn't make sense to me from an evolutionary stand point, their body type resembles an african more than what a cold-climate person should be (stockier/Cro-magnon).
Is it because they are descended way back from middle-easterners?
Thanks if anyone can shed some light on this.

Drakkar
Tuesday, October 30th, 2007, 04:13 AM
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but why are Nordids typically ecto, that is long and lean. This doesn't make sense to me from an evolutionary stand point, their body type resembles an african more than what a cold-climate person should be (stockier/Cro-magnon).
Is it because they are descended way back from middle-easterners?
Thanks if anyone can shed some light on this.
Try starting a thread in the anthro section about it. I'm sure some people with that sort of knowledge would love to answer.

Waldläufer
Saturday, November 20th, 2010, 06:44 PM
I definitely have an ectomorphic build, being very tall and sinewy with thin, long extremities. It actually bothers me a bit as it doesn't correspond with the propagated male beauty ideal.
At least I also have some minor mesomorphic features like overall good muscles and broad shoulders.

Grimsteinr
Sunday, November 21st, 2010, 03:39 PM
I've always been pretty much Mesomorph type, lening just a little bit toward Ectomorph. I've never gone much to fat.
I was in my younger years, about 6' 1" tall, with a 50 inch chest and a 38 to 40 inch waist, which is more or less an athletic build over here. A 10 inch drop between chest & waist is pretty good. And I always carried about 210 to 225 pounds.

But, now at 70 years old, my heighth has dropped more than an inch, due to my age & spine settling, wearing out. And, I'm carrying about 220 pounds.
Still a Mesomorph.;)

VikingManx
Sunday, November 21st, 2010, 04:03 PM
Mesomorphic, bordering on the extreme.

I gain muscle extremely easy, do not gain fatty weight (unless there is mead involved...but I quit that years ago), and have yet to find my full potential as far as muscle growth and strength goes.

My friends all blame the Viking blood in me :D

Caledonian
Sunday, November 21st, 2010, 04:30 PM
Plainly ectomorphic.

[Not all of us can look like rock and roll stars.]

Thorwolf
Sunday, November 21st, 2010, 04:51 PM
I am an ecto- mesomorph. I have the torso of a mesomorph with the long arms, and legs of an ectomorph. I am 6'2'', 220 lbs, tall 48'' chest, 34'' waist, broad shoulders, gain muscle very easily [ have gained as much as 11 pounds in just 4 months] but I have slender wrist bones, wich makes my forearms apear huge. I would say pretty typical of someone from my racial background.

Ulvoktr
Monday, December 13th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Mesomorph

Fyrgenholt
Monday, December 13th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Mesomorph in my case, probably bridging between that and ectomorph (ectomorphic mesomorph). I can gain muscle easily, don't really gain fat, wide shoulders and thin waist, a degree of natural muscle definition and so on. Most people I know tend to fall under this category.

Granraude
Monday, December 13th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Well, I gain muscles easily, don't gain fat easily (although I have a few pounds to much) and have relatively long limbs.

Mesomorph?

theTasmanian
Tuesday, December 14th, 2010, 12:04 AM

;) I have a poor BMI(i had a medical for a job last week) but over average in just about all strength tests

Stanley
Tuesday, January 4th, 2011, 06:45 AM
I don't gain weight easily, and I don't have a lot of muscle (which may stem from the fact I don't build them rather than from a natural aversion towards gaining it).

I am extremely lanky--tall stature with long, thin limbs.

Juthunge
Tuesday, January 4th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Ectomorph-Mesomorph. Probably rather slightly tending towards the former. Slenderly built, long and slender limbs, thin waist, relatively broad shoudlers, gaining muscles relatively easily.

Arditi
Tuesday, January 4th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Actually, I voted wrong, ectomorphic instead os endomorphic, beng endomorphic the right option.

Anyway, I'm somewhere between endomorphic and mesomorphic, yet tending more on the endomorphic side.

Barreldriver
Tuesday, January 4th, 2011, 01:08 PM
I'm textbook endomorph, I pack on pounds very easily (fat and muscle) and have to work harder than normal to lose fat (which caused much frustration when training for varsity football and discus) and I love caloric foods (big on red meats and starches, can't get enough red meat, potatoes, and beer, it seems like a literal instinctive craving for these specific things, other foods are a turn off for the most part, if it's beefy, potatoey and boozy it fits my taste and satisfies the appetite, oh and I like eggs).

MountainGuardian
Wednesday, March 16th, 2011, 06:31 AM
I have a large frame size wrists are 7 inch circumferance

I am 5 ft 9 inches tall

I wiegh 197 pounds

My body fat was measured at 3.5%

My shoulders are 24 inches accross

My legs measured from hip joint to floor are 35 inches

Waist is 32 inches circumferance

Chest is 46 inches circumferance

Arm length is 29 inches

I always had trouble gaining any fat until I was 33years old, in the military and in highschool I was never able to get up to 1% body fat content, though my wieght was always well above average for my height.

So what type do I fit into?

I have no definitions for your body types, so I am unable to even guess which I might be, just out of curiosity what can I learn about myself from figuring out what type I am?

Hagendorf
Monday, April 25th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Ectomorph, but i train a lot martial art and gaining muscles easy.

theiamania
Monday, April 25th, 2011, 08:09 PM
I'm an ecto-meso. I'm 6'5" 190 pounds.

The somatotypes sync with Plato's tripartate soul theory. The ecto's are the philosopher kings, meso's the soldier guardians, and the endo's are all the peasants.

In Dumezil's trifunctional hypothesis, priests are ectomorphics, warriors are mesomorphic, and merchants are endomorphic.

Similiar tripartate theories are found in the Rig Veda, where Brahmins are ectomorphs, kshatriyas are mesomorphs, and vaisyas are endomorphics.

In Jung it's thinkers, sensers, and feelings.

The ectos are much less common than the mesos who are themselves less common than endo's. Endo's are all the peasants.

De Ogle
Monday, April 25th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Ectomorph, as are most women on my mother's side.

I am naturally athletic, but prefer solitary sports, ie: rock climbing, running, hiking. Used to be vegan, but now I supplement my diet with fish a few time a week because I became almost sickeningly slender.

Meadhbh
Tuesday, April 26th, 2011, 05:22 AM
I would say I leans towards being a ectomorph. Although that is fairly common amoungst my family members.

GrapeSoda
Tuesday, April 26th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Mesomorph, but with some endomorph tendencies. I have to watch my diet or else I get a little extra baggage on my hips.

Nooitgedacht
Wednesday, April 27th, 2011, 02:46 AM
Mesomorphic – athletic – gymnast in my younger days.

120/80 blood pressure and eat mostly meat.:thumbup

Animals eat plants::~(:D;):thumbdown

Ruthenium
Wednesday, April 27th, 2011, 03:23 AM
Mesomorphic ectomorph.

I'm working on becoming more mesomorphic. Need to build up the muscles. :(

Goomer
Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Mesomorph with some endomorphic tendencies for sure....as is my entire family.

Northern Paladin
Friday, May 27th, 2011, 01:56 AM
Probably a leptomorph, I like to think of myself as a nordic prince. I call myself the Dolichocephalic prince, you know! I am very much dolichocephalic. Very much so ;)

Valkar
Sunday, June 5th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Im definetly a Meso-Ectomorph, because i tried to gain more fat, but i gained 1 kilo in total :wsg:

I can make muscle easily, thats a benefit :P

Sybren
Sunday, June 5th, 2011, 02:09 PM
I'm an ectomorph with a tendency to a mesomorph i guess. I am tall (188cm/6 feet 2 inches), have long slender limbs and a narrow overall build, but i do have the ability to grow muscle and do so by exercising with weights. I'm about 82 kilo's.

Lydig
Sunday, June 19th, 2011, 02:29 PM
I feel i have a lean body type, I have trained football and other sports all my life, so i have allways had a proportional body!
193cm/95kg

Sybren
Sunday, June 19th, 2011, 02:52 PM
I feel i have a lean body type, I have trained football and other sports all my life, so i have allways had a proportional body!
193cm/95kg
I'm jealous!

I wish that was my weight and still be lean/not fat. I'm only around 82 kilo's and have a hard time gaining weight. It shows i'm still predominantly ectomorph, not mesomorph.

Linden
Sunday, June 19th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Mesomorph-I am 1.87m tall and have always found it relatively easy to gain muscle. I currently weigh 85kg. I began to lift weights around the time of my 17th birthday, but stopped about half a year later. In that space of time I gained almost 5kg of muscle. My gym teacher remarked that he'd never seen a student gain muscle mass so quickly. I stopped lifting weights because I found it so boring, and much preferred to play football (soccer) and rugby instead.

My brother (15) is even more of a Mesomorph than I am. He is too young to lift weights and only plays rugby, but he is far stronger than I was when I was his age.

hyidi
Sunday, June 19th, 2011, 04:52 PM
This is hard! It is hard to fit directly under one.

I would say I am more of a ectomorph 'but' - I can put on weight easily by binge eating, bringing my final weight up to 60kg!

Silent_Saxon
Sunday, June 19th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Palaeo-Atlantids, Berids and Alpinids appear to be the most endomorphic. One could perhaps include East-Baltids (definitely if taking Rohrer's index into consideration, see below) here.

I am Paleo-Atlantid (judging from my classification thread. I'm not very good at classifying.) but I am either an endomorphic mesomorph or mesomorphic endomorph judging from the description. At 5ft 2 my shoulders look freakishly broad for my height, I have a barrel chest, a wide abdomen but my waist is still slimmer than my shoulders and gain muscle so quickly I have stretch marks all over my chest, arms, and back. My limbs are short but thick.

westenra
Monday, April 22nd, 2019, 08:04 AM
A blood type/Ectomorph and I'm only attracted to other ectomorphs (pretty rare, I'm beginning to think). I have a naturally thin frame and am small-boned. It's hard for me to gain weight unless I go on a week long eating binge or something and I burn calories like mad so I have to be careful.

Elizabeth
Monday, April 22nd, 2019, 01:19 PM
I voted "Mesomorph". I am mostly that but I am between that and Endomorph.

Endomorph - short limbs, small to medium bones, gains fat easily