PDA

View Full Version : Neil Greenham: An Anglo-Saxon? What do you think?

Glenlivet
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 12:32 AM
Or is he too long-faced? I do not have a profile of him.

https://forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=102809&d=1261236752

Northern Paladin
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 05:25 AM
Looks Hallstatt Nordid.
Like Max von Sydow.

Nothing to do with the question but I think he's face is way too long and narrow. If there is a such thing as a Nordid ideal this is not it.

Glenlivet
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 09:32 AM
I do not think he is Hallstatt Nordid, but Coon's Hallstatt examples have some individuals who look overgrown.

My opinion of SNPA's Hallstatt Nordid examples:

1. Trönder (Finland)

2. Trönder (Sönderhamn)

3. Agdertyp or Phalian (Drangedal, Norway)

4. He is closer to Göta, but not entirely. I would have thought he is Keltic Nordic. (Ipswich, England)

I wonder how much the last two differ in terms of measurements. They certainly do not look very similar.

I noticed something I had not paid attention to in the past. The Finn and the man from Sönderhamn are in Coon's plate 27,
THE NORDIC RACE: EXAMPLES OF CORDED PREDOMINANCE)

Coon did not even call the first two Hallstatt Nordic, SNPA did.

I think that Max Von Sydow, regardless of where he is born, is a Trönder variety (Västbaltisk/Hälsingetyp/West-Baltid, not how it is defined in some forums though) which is common in Hälsingland and Jämtland. He is actually close to an Aistin, as are the people who live in Åland and the western parts of Estonia. I actually once met a similar looking Estonian gentleman when I was in Tallinn. He was a most impressive Nordid man, very tall, with very large hands and a big head, long - and narrow-faced and blonde. Some Anglo-Saxons have similar traits. The Dinarids are also often overgrown, with acromegalic tendencies. Some believe Dinarid is related with Corded.

I assume the man that I asked about is English, or from some other nation of Britain,although I doubt he is from Wales or Scotland. He can actually be Nord-Atlantid with dinaricised traits. Ashley Giles, the cricket player I asked about in another thread, has a similar looking face, but a straighter nasal shape.

An extreme total face height is more Dinarid than Nordid, although Coon wrote the people living in the Aran Isles (this man is obviously not from there though) have a total face height which reaches the extreme mean of 130 mm.

The Göta (e.g. Erik Edman) is of course closer to the classic, Nordid ideal.

Looks Hallstatt Nordid.
Like Max von Sydow.
Nothing to do with the question but I think he's face is way too long and narrow. If there is a such thing as a Nordid ideal this is not it.

Agrippa
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 01:18 PM
I would call him just a typical Skandonordid, though I could argue he shows features going somewhat in a Troender and Keltic (slight Dinaroid influence?)direction, still I would count him as Hallstatt.

Gareth
Tuesday, September 6th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Scando-Nordid+East-Nordid.