PDA

View Full Version : Technical Problem with Skadi Forum

Gorm the Old
Sunday, August 14th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Very frequently, when I try to read a post, I find myself back at the desktop with a message saying (in part) "Your AOL software has encountered a problem. We are re-starting your AOL software to bring you back on line........" This occurs ONLY on Skadi Forum, not, for example on Blut und Boden forum. I assume, therefore, that the problem exists at your end, not mine. I wonder, do others encounter this problem also ?

QuietWind
Sunday, August 14th, 2005, 08:01 PM
I have AOL and in the past, I have never had a problem while browsing Skadi. Currently, I do not use my AOL to browse Skadi, I use Mozilla Firefox. AOL has a place where you can check if there is a problem with your AOL, though. I've only done it once, so I am not sure how to tell you to get to it. You could go to AOL live chat help and ask them. Basically AOL scans your computer for problems with your AOL software, and then can fix the problem.

You could also download Mozilla or another free browser and go through there. The only browser I have problems with is IE.

Gorm the Old
Sunday, August 14th, 2005, 11:58 PM
Thank you, Jennifer. However, AOL clearly knows about this problem inasmuch as they notify me that there is a problem and re-start AOL to get me back on line. As I said, this problem exists ONLY with Skadi forum. I belong to two other fora, with neither of which do I have any problem whatsoever. For whatever it may be worth, the problem is most likely to appear if I try to view the last post in a thread instead of going back to the beginning.