PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Interested in Third Reich Militaria?

Seppl
Thursday, July 25th, 2002, 01:24 AM
Any of you collect militaria of the 3rd Reich ?
I myself collect only original pieces in the fields of Gebirgsjaeger: Wehrmacht & Waffen-SS, Orders, Medals & Badges of the Wehrmacht and Croatian badges & Insignia of the period 1941-45.
I also sell original militaria at good prices and authenticate pieces.
Let me know how many are interested in this hobby which keeps the history of 3rd Reich alive?
Servus,x_cheers

einsatzkommando
Thursday, July 25th, 2002, 10:27 AM
http://www.ulric-of-england.com

Seppl
Thursday, July 25th, 2002, 12:33 PM
Pity you mentioned Ulric as he has a good collection himself some of the stuff he sells is "suspect", not to mention too expensive. I buy mostly from sources in Austria, Germany and Croatia.
mit deutschem Gruss!!
Servus,

cosmocreator
Thursday, July 25th, 2002, 12:50 PM
Well, I also have some cool stuff.

My best piece is the Uniform of a Schutzpolizei Hauptman, with cap. I also have the "Tschako", but not officer.

Then I have a LAH Obersturmbannführer Uniform, with fieldcap.

I also got a original SD-Blouse, but with no insignia. I bought some regalia (unfortunately repro) and made myslef a Obersturmbannführer of Totenkopf out of it (light brown piping on shoulderstraps = Koncentrationcamp Unit! :D )

Uniforms and Medals are not my main field. I concentrated on Books. I have a HUGE library of assorted books, many originals from the Reich (and even imperial days).

Obergrenadier
Thursday, July 25th, 2002, 04:52 PM
Wehr has the best stuff :) do you know where i could get a Panzer cap?

i have a Winterschlacht im Osten (1941/42) medal and an Iron Cross 1st Class.

Tchort
Thursday, July 25th, 2002, 05:51 PM
I've bid on a few things from eBay before they made it illegal to do so.

original postcard of Hitler, Hess and Göring at the Nurnberg rally
is my favorite :D

I want a Hitler bust and original NSDAP flag so go along with my shrine.

cosmocreator
Thursday, July 25th, 2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Tchort
I've bid on a few things from eBay before they made it illegal to do so.

original postcard of Hitler, Hess and Göring at the Nurnberg rally
is my favorite :D

I want a Hitler bust and original NSDAP flag so go along with my shrine.

I have 2 Hitler Busts in Bronze. One is from the artist PAGELT and the big one (woha - it was expensive!) is from Ferdinand LIEBERMAN.

Ederico
Thursday, July 25th, 2002, 07:04 PM
What I would like to get is the party's armband, are they difficult to find?

I have 3 replica armbands, two are from the Deutsches Arbeiter Front and one is probably from the Party's flight training squads. Wehr gave me this information, thanks Comrade.

Seppl
Sunday, July 28th, 2002, 05:22 AM
Tchort and others,
Thanks for replying to my thread, I'm glad to see that so many NS people keep the memory alive! I have a good collection of original pieces only, some has come from family members who were in the HJ, SS and Wehrmacht.
I work for an Honest Militaria dealer, as his office manager and appraiser. He has a lot of ORIGINAL 3 Reich Items and at reasonable prices, he is also 100% NS as well, he will give a 10% discount to members of Aryandawn !
Here is a Foto of my great Uncle's Officer's hat, I have his German Cross in Gold as well. He was commander of the Gren.Regt.199 at the of the War. I am getting his service record from the Bundes Archiv, he was in the Allegemeine SS befor the war as well.
Servus,:cool

Seppl
Wednesday, July 31st, 2002, 11:01 AM
Another good source of Militaria and is NS is Kai Winkler of nordheide-versand.de in Northern Germany. When you cantact him, write mit Deutschem Gruss at the end of your Email or letter to get your discount!
88 14
Servus,

northwind
Monday, August 5th, 2002, 03:34 AM
lots of militaria dealers at epier.com

WaffenSS
Thursday, August 8th, 2002, 08:11 PM
Heil, It is surprising and good to see that so many of you keep the memory of th reich alive. It fills me with pride and hope to know that I am not the only one left. On to business any of you know where I could get an SS officers peaked cap. And also what price it would be at. Thank You ......88

ThirdReich
Thursday, August 15th, 2002, 08:27 AM
I have been collecting for about 1 year now. I made 2 great contacts, one in Germany and one in Florida, I get original pieces at very nice prices, it just makes it alot easier for me to collect :P

Pera_Z
Thursday, August 15th, 2002, 08:41 AM
There is good source for collectors, in Orlando, FL.

http://www.derfreiwillige.com

P.Z.

northwind
Thursday, August 15th, 2002, 03:22 PM
lots of memorabalia at

http://www.bidnazi.com

http://www.epier.com

http://www.epier.com/stores

http://www.epier.com/stores/outpostflags

ThirdReich
Monday, February 3rd, 2003, 06:01 AM
Hi, I am a collector of many German WWII items... I have two extra's of a General Assault and an Infantry assault badge that are 100% authentic as I buy/sell with a collector I've know for many years down in Florida and I thought I'd see if anyone on this board wanted to purchase these two badges from my personal collection... The General Assault badge also has a nice maker mark as well. Both are in excellent condition and I would normally resell for 150.00-175.00 a peice, I tend to resell and base prices on what the best collector/seller in the hobby sells them for... His website is

Gailen David Militaria (http://www.gdmmilitaria.com) IF you look at the Infantry Assault badges he is selling these are even in better condition because of their great storage after WWII by my friend in Florida.

ThirdReich
Monday, February 3rd, 2003, 06:03 AM
Here are the back side, and the maker mark on the General Assault badge.

ThirdReich
Monday, February 3rd, 2003, 06:08 AM
If no one would like to buy them here, I plan on just putting them up on the new site my friend in florida and I will have up soon where we are selling from (our old site was shut down by tripod) but I thought I'd give my friends here at Aryan Dawn a chance to own something from the Third Reich. I'm selling these for 100.00 per badge. The Infantry assault should be more than the General Assault, but because of a nice maker mark I paid 100.00 a peice, and I am selling them for that as well. These are very excellent peices and this hobby is looking at 25% price increases a year and 100.00 for these types of badges is excellent. If anyone is interested in these badges or anything else just let me know.. Drop me an email or just reply here. Thanks for your time.

ThirdReich
Monday, February 3rd, 2003, 07:17 PM
My classified ad on German Daggers.com (http://www1.hagenhosting.com/~germanmi/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi?db=medalsandbadges&website=&language=&session_key=3e3eb136708da847&search_and_display_db_button=on&db_id=200&results_format=long&photo_size=full&query=retrieval) You can check out my other medals and badges there as well.

AryanSoldier
Monday, February 3rd, 2003, 10:48 PM
I am very interrested in that Infantry assault badge.

What are you asking for it?

HEIL HITLER!!!

ThirdReich
Monday, February 3rd, 2003, 11:12 PM
I am selling it for the same price I paid for it: 100.00 which is still below market value because I can get anything below cost from my dealer :) let me know!

ThirdReich
Monday, February 3rd, 2003, 11:14 PM
You see my classified ad? Gailen David from www.GDMMILITARIA.com made me an offer for that lot, wayyyy below what I should get for it, but thats how he makes his money lol.

ThirdReich
Sunday, February 9th, 2003, 04:06 PM
Depending on the condition and maker mark, the prices on the market in the United States usually go for 130-150 a badge.

Scáthach
Monday, August 11th, 2003, 02:09 AM
Does anyone here collect/keep any war medals/badges or general militaria from any time?
i have yet the money to get everything i want but i have managed to get some nice things, some bought, some handed down in the family. Yesterday, i got an Iron Cross (second class) 1939 in Britain which i got for a good price and from a reputable collector. It's quite an excellent buy i think, its quite worn but the years and swastika are still easily discernable while the ribbon is a little worse for wear. Its quite amazing to own pieces that people once really deserved and no doubt cherished while they lived, though it saddens me that families can sell these things on without a care for their REAL value (not monetary) or the people who earned them, i know my Grandfather's medals will never leave our family!Two pictures of an Iron Cross like mine:

Milesian
Monday, August 11th, 2003, 02:14 AM
Hey cool, was the cross expensive?
I'd like to get myself some memorabilia too at some point.

What was your grandfather decorated for?

Scáthach
Monday, August 11th, 2003, 02:34 AM
Hey cool, was the cross expensive?
I'd like to get myself some memorabilia too at some point.

What was your grandfather decorated for?

It wasnt very expensive, it was one of the cheapest German things in the place to be honest, he has SS stuff selling for 500/600 quid. The cross was about 60 sterling which isnt bad, and it does still look good. Im mainly on the look out for more Irish stuff since i have a real connection to it but i do like NS stuff aswell.The man had just sold his only Irish medal to an Irishman for 200 st.
My Grandfather had medals from his time in the IRA, i know for definite he was awarded the War of Indepence medal (with a Comrac bar) and later the Survivors medal (The Govt introduced this on the 50th anniversary of the signing of the treaty to be given to all who were in the War of Independence and were still alive) I believe its more official name is the ''Truce Commemorative medal''
I'm not sure of which medals exactly he has because theyre not kept in my house - My mother's sister keeps them and my mother wont ask for them (long family story but atleast theyre in the family even though id love to see them again)
My great uncle (my grandfathers older brother) got the 1916 medal which is still in his immediate family today, Cuchulainn is on it ;)
On my fathers side we had some Free Staters (and blueshirts) and i believe they received some medals afterawhile but i cant be sure of which (the older members of the families are no longer alive)
These are some of the medals anyway:

The Dagda
Thursday, August 14th, 2003, 07:52 PM
I have a modest collection of ww2 German medals but I have not got
the ability to post pics . I sold some badges recently and now I'm
sorry I did , some were military and the rest were political day badges .

Scáthach
Thursday, August 14th, 2003, 10:58 PM
excellent, sounds great :)
Its a pity you sold them though, they can be hard to recover

Ewergrin
Thursday, August 21st, 2003, 05:14 PM
I have inherited a few Nazi "gems" from my grandfather, who incidently, fought and killed them in WW2. One of these is a beautiful, mint condition Nazi daggar with Alles für Deutschland engraved upon the blade.

This is not my particular dagger, but it is identical to the one that I inherited:

Phlegethon
Thursday, August 21st, 2003, 05:42 PM
I have inherited a few Nazi "gems" from my grandfather, who incidently, fought and killed them in WW2. One of these is a beautiful, mint condition Nazi daggar with Alles für Deutschland engraved upon the blade.

Around here we call such people marauders.

Ewergrin
Thursday, August 21st, 2003, 05:49 PM
Around here we call such people marauders.

Around here we call them veterens.

Phlegethon
Thursday, August 21st, 2003, 06:06 PM
Marauding veterans.
Or rather veteran marauders.

Phlegethon
Thursday, August 21st, 2003, 06:17 PM
Here is someone who really deserved his Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves and Brilliants, one of the highest decorated soldiers of the Wehrmacht, Lieutenant General Dr. med. dent. Karl Mauss, the last commander of the 7th tank division of the Wehrmacht. One of the best soldiers in the world and also responsible for the reorganization of the German student fraternity movement after the war.

http://www.ritterkreuztraeger-1939-45.de/Infanterie/Maus-Dr-Karl.jpg

http://www.ritterkreuztraeger-1939-45.de/Infanterie/Mauss-Dr-Karl.htm

His fraternity, the Burschenschaft Germania in Hamburg proudly displays his portrait and his Knight's Cross in their house.

Gladstone
Thursday, August 21st, 2003, 09:29 PM
Does anyone here collect/keep any war medals/badges or general militaria from any time?
i have yet the money to get everything i want but i have managed to get some nice things, some bought, some handed down in the family. Yesterday, i got an Iron Cross (second class) 1939 in Britain which i got for a good price and from a reputable collector. It's quite an excellent buy i think, its quite worn but the years and swastika are still easily discernable while the ribbon is a little worse for wear. Its quite amazing to own pieces that people once really deserved and no doubt cherished while they lived, though it saddens me that families can sell these things on without a care for their REAL value (not monetary) or the people who earned them, i know my Grandfather's medals will never leave our family!Two pictures of an Iron Cross like mine:

I find it refreshing Scathach that you have this interest in history. For whatever reason it seems most women do not.

I am impressed! :-)

Gladstone

Ewergrin
Friday, August 22nd, 2003, 01:09 AM
It is quite refreshing!

Scáthach
Friday, August 22nd, 2003, 01:20 AM
hehe, i am thus a refreshing girl :D
thanks though, and glad to see some other people share the interest, i was beginning to think it was a purely Irish endevour!
I'd like to get my claws on some old knives and daggers someday soon :)

Evolved
Tuesday, November 25th, 2003, 05:20 AM
I have a tiny collection of WWII stuff, mostly inexpensive things ($1-85 is about my price range for this stuff) because I'm not an extremely serious collector.

These are just a few of the things I have collected thus far:

1. cigarette card showing Hitler visiting Landsberg prison
2. a "Hitler head" stamp :hitler
3. a stamp from Italia :pizza
4. War Merit Cross without Swords, the ribbon is cut down to 3 inches but original

In the future I'd like to add some Hungarian items. :)

amethyst
Wednesday, November 26th, 2003, 02:52 AM
This is my sole item of militaria. It is a Nazi sword that was given to me by my mother-in-law.
I wish that I knew more details about its history as my father-in-law died when my husband was a child. The story goes, "My father-in-law, who was in the American Army, acquired this sword when he removed it from the body of a dead Nazi officer."
I keep it in its scabbard propped up against the wall in my living room.

amethyst
Wednesday, November 26th, 2003, 02:57 AM
Detail of sword handle

amethyst
Wednesday, November 26th, 2003, 03:01 AM
Entire view of sword

Phlegethon
Wednesday, November 26th, 2003, 03:03 AM
A) It is not a sword but a decorative sabre.

B) Your father-in-law is a looter and thus a war criminal.

amethyst
Wednesday, November 26th, 2003, 03:10 AM
A) It is not a sword but a decorative sabre.

B) Your father-in-law is a looter and thus a war criminal.

If he had killed the Nazi officer, would he still be considered a looter?
It is possible that this is what happened...

Krampus
Wednesday, November 26th, 2003, 04:39 AM
The vase is WW1 vintage "trench art" brought over by my Great-Grandfather during WW1, he traded a pow cigarettes for it. The cross of Lorraine is on one side with AEF on the other. Prisoners would often spend their time putting together vases or crucifixes made from cartridges, shell cases and belt buckles then use them to barter with soldiers. Other picture is just my knife/bayonet collection. Top is German k98k bayonet, RZM marked 7/13 Schüttlehofer Hitler Youth and two Finnish bayonets. I guess Finnish bayonets are kind of scarce as Finns didn't really use them much, they would often just pitch them.

Taras Bulba
Wednesday, November 26th, 2003, 04:52 AM
I largely try to collect Tsarist and White Russian militaria.

Gladstone
Sunday, November 30th, 2003, 05:59 PM
Some photographs of our Doughboys from WWI (1917-1918). These photos are all from the same album and are probably taken in Texas. The women (also from the same album) are examples of the hotties the GI's could of dated ..er...courted...at that time.;)

Rachel
Thursday, June 10th, 2004, 11:39 PM
Here's one that some of you might not have heard of. It's got excellent replicas of awards, medals, badges, field gear and even a couple uniforms :D

http://www.militaria-net.co.uk/

RoyBatty
Sunday, May 15th, 2005, 11:57 PM
Now this is what I call a real cannon. The size of this thing is incredible!! It was actually used during the siege of Sevastopol and amongst others made small change of a Soviet underwater munitions storage facility it targeted.

http://www.kent.k12.wa.us/staff/TomRobinson/physicspages/POpart2/po2002/Schwerer/dora1.jpg

http://www.kent.k12.wa.us/staff/TomRobinson/physicspages/POpart2/po2002/Schwerer/dora2.jpg

http://www.kent.k12.wa.us/staff/TomRobinson/physicspages/POpart2/po2002/Schwerer/ww2_d_dora_02.jpg

http://www.kent.k12.wa.us/staff/TomRobinson/physicspages/POpart2/po2002/Schwerer/pictures.html

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/1167/edora.html

Aptrgangr
Monday, May 16th, 2005, 01:11 AM
"Big bada-boom!" :bier:

Gustavus Magnus
Monday, May 16th, 2005, 01:41 AM
That is what I call manly...

werwolf1488
Monday, May 16th, 2005, 04:22 AM
Yeah, but only two were built and only one of them was ever used in WWII. They were called "Schwerer Gustav" (Heavy Gustav) and "Dora". A third one (Langer Gustav) was in production, but it was never finished and it took a lot of resources to produce it. They were both calibre 80 cm and constructed to destroy fortresses. Dora was in use at Sevastopol, to destroy the fortresses there, but it shot only 48 rounds during the whole siege and it was never used again. Schwerer Gustav and Dora were blown up by the Germans in 1945 and Langer Gustav, who was never finished was destroyed by a bombing raid.

werwolf1488
Monday, May 16th, 2005, 04:24 AM
Delete this post please, thanks

ChrisDownUnder
Monday, May 16th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Surely the industrial and military resources put into making and operating these two enormous guns could have been put to better use by the Reich. It is a similar story to the development of the 188 ton Maus heavy tank, of which two were completed and three under production by the war's end (none ever saw any actual frontline service).

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/Christopher1488/Web%20Photos/Soldaten165.jpg

Some info about the monster railway guns in addition to that provided by werwolf1488, from a book titled German Artillery in World War Two, Joachim Engelmann, 1995:

The 80cm K (E) originated from the building of the Maginot Line by France throughout the 1920s and 1930s. Intended to be an impregnable barrier of fortified locations along the Franco-German border, the Maginot Line was built as France's shield against future German aggressions. German Army planners of the early 1930s accepted it as such, noting that to batter a way through the Line would need super-heavy artillery, so Krupps were requested to examine what types of artillery would be required. The Krupps teams prepared proposals for 70, 80, 84 and 100cm railway guns, submitted them and then turned to more realistic activities.

The proposals were duly filed and forgotten until 1936 when Hitler made a formal visit to Essen. As part of the proceedings, Gustav Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach, the head of Krupps, showed plans of the super-heavy guns to Hitler, who demonstrated his love of the gargantuan by expressing great enthusiasm for such an idea. Without further prompting or sanction Krupp ordered that the project would proceed immediately and the 80cm gun began to divert resources, manpower, talent, raw materials and money away from other potentially more fruitful projects. By 1939 the impetus of 80cm gun development was already so great that the German General Staff were virtually blackmailed into ordering three 80cm K (E) equipments, just to mollify Hitler.

That order transformed blueprints into hardware, but at enormous cost. Millions of Reichs-marks had to he diverted to new Krupps plant and tooling, including a massive steel press larger than anything ever produced before. New factories had to be built and capacity diverted from other production facilities at a time when artillery and other weapons of all kinds were urgently needed.

It was late 1940 before the first 80cm barrel was ready for proof-firing on a specially constructed test stand at Meppen, by which time the Maginot Line had fallen by the simple expedient of bypassing it through Belgium. Thus the main raison d'etre of the 80cm K (E) no longer applied; but production continued nevertheless. It was mid-1941 before the first complete equipment was rolled out and ready for demonstration to Hitler, who was delighted to receive the gun as a gift from Krupps. (The gift was at least partially paid for by the price tag on the second example, no less than RM 7 million for the gun and carriage alone, plus all the usual extras.)

The 80cm K (E) was enormous. It was so large that it had to be broken down into some twenty-five loads for rail transport. Once at a firing site a crew of 1,420 personnel had to work hard for from three to six weeks to assemble the loads using mobile overhead gantries, cranes and generators.

Once assembled, the gun straddled two pairs of railway lines like a colossus and weighed approximately 1,350 tonnes; wilh the barrel horizontal the assembled gun stood 11.6m high. In design terms there was little of note regarding the ordnance, other than its sheer scale. The 40.6-calibre barrel was 32.48m long, transported in two sections which were united by a huge locking nut. Once assembled the gun still required about 500 personnel to serve all its ammunition handling, laying and other systems, while the remainder of the crew manned light anti-aircraft guns, defended the site and carried out the numerous domestic duties necessary to keep the gun and crew in action.

Two types of projectile were available, an HE shell weighing 4.8 tonnes and a concrete-piercing shell weighing 7.1 tonnes; even without its ballistic cap the latter was still 2.4m long. Maximum range with the HE shell was 47,000m. The best possible rate of fire was one round every 15 to 20 minutes. Even in 80cm calibre, Krupp designers were unable to part with their horizontal sliding breech mechanism, so enormous brass-plated steel cartridge cases contained just one of the three possible bagged propellant charges.

Once the German Army had accepted the first 80cm K (E) they had to find something to do with it. The gun, named Gustav after the head of Krupps, arrived too late to participate in the early stages of Operation Barbarossa, so it was not until 1942 that, in the hands of Schwere Artillerie Abteilung 672 (E), Gustav trundled east towards Sebastopol.

Following the usual lengthy assembly process at a specially prepared site at Bakhchisaray, the first round fired in anger by the 80cm K (E) was duly delivered against the Sebastopol defences on 5 June. By July, when the Siege of Sebastopol was ended, Gustav had fired some forty-eight operational rounds with considerable success, demolishing underground magazines and destroying coastal defence batteries.

Soon after that Gustav travelled back to Essen for a barrel change for, during proofing, acceptance, training and operations, it had fired nearly 300 rounds. Gustav never fired another operational shot. By August 1942 a second gun, named Dora,was ready and also headed east. Its service career there remains something of a mystery. It was supposed to have taken part in the battle for Stalingrad but was hurriedly withdrawn, only to appear briefly on the Leningrad Front at one stage. Dora was certainly assembled at Rugenwalde within Germany during mid-1943.

One thing is certain: both guns were destroyed by Allied bombing, both by the smashing of the disassembled guns and the piecemeal destruction and dispersion of their attendant trains, to say nothing of the elimination of the associated rail networks. After May 1945 parts of an incomplete third gun were found at Essen and at the Krupps testing ranges at Meppen. The only known remaining relics are projectiles and propellant cases displayed in museums.

Msciwoj
Monday, January 9th, 2006, 04:30 PM
I don't know is this a right place to ask this question but I'm looking for pics of equipment of soldiers from Swedish,Swiss and German army (specially from ex DDR ) anyone can help?

Kampfzentrum
Saturday, January 14th, 2006, 03:48 PM
What specifically are you looking for, I have a small private collection that I could part with depending on the buyer and the use it is going to get after I sell. I look at German militaria as almost religious, it possesses a power that worries me at times. If interested get back with me.

Kampfzentrum

Msciwoj
Saturday, January 14th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Well I collect only post WW2 militaria from armies of Poland,Switzerland and Germany(both- ex DDR and BRD).I have a small collection of Polish and DDR soldier equipment but I would like to start collect also equipment from Bundeswehr and Scandinavian armies (mostly Sweden,but also Danmark and Norway).I'm looking for pictures of complete equipment such like those two:
http://img427.imageshack.us/img427/972/ddrhb33jv.jpg from DDR
http://img427.imageshack.us/img427/4073/dundeswehra6qv.jpg from BRD
if I'll have a pics like this,I can check what is a fake or orginally item in Allegro offer.

Animaniac
Sunday, May 23rd, 2010, 09:41 PM
If everyone looking for an excellent original Third Reich reference book or other books let me know.
I own some very good encyclopedias printed 1938-1941 with flags, insignias, badges and tons of information.
As seen on:
http://www.usmbooks.com/schlag_nach.html

or single tobacco collection cards of SA,SS,HJ
There is a very good and absolutely scarce tobacco card album called "Deutsche Uniformen SA SS HJ"
http://www.od43.com/Album_SA_SS_HJ.html
Who ever is interested just send me a PM.

Erich S
Sunday, May 23rd, 2010, 11:04 PM
My hobby is the collecting and the history behind Party awards like the Coburg Badge, Blood Order and Gold Party Badges. I'm also into Allach Porcelain and other art and cultural pieces.

SaxonPagan
Tuesday, March 19th, 2019, 01:21 AM
Repro SS patches ...

https://i.postimg.cc/CLq1PTvj/SSPATCHES.jpg (https://postimages.org/)