PDA

View Full Version : New purchase: 1911A1 .45 Automatic Pistol

Ewergrin
Friday, August 8th, 2003, 11:11 PM
I stopped in at one of the local gun shops near my home and managed to find a beautiful 1911A1 .45 automatic pistol. Made by Norinco. Only $300! It is in mint condition and cant be more than a few years old. My intent was to buy or order a Springfield mil-spec 1911 which would have been around $500 easily. However, this is an identical mil-spec (military specification) for only $300. I was filled with glee!
Of course, registration was almost instantaneous and in only a matter of minutes, I was back in my car, gloating over my new purchase.
The right to Bare Arms.... absolutely... :2guns

Ewergrin
Friday, August 8th, 2003, 11:13 PM
The abbreviation for specification (s p e c) is considered offensive and needs to be censored????

Stríbog
Friday, August 8th, 2003, 11:18 PM
The abbreviation for specification (s p e c) is considered offensive and needs to be censored????

LMAO the auto censor mistakes S_P_E_C for S_P_I_C!!! :retard

Ewergrin
Saturday, August 9th, 2003, 03:20 AM
Here she is:

Ewergrin
Saturday, August 9th, 2003, 05:41 AM
"Spec" is a racial slur for a hispanic infant. The v.2.x filter did not censor the use of terms in connection with hyphens, such as "mil-spec", dots, such as "spec.", or other characters, but it seems that the v.3.0 behaves differently in that respect. Hence, I removed the term from the database.

Kind regards,

- Thorburn

Thanks for the clarification!

Rudra Chai Siphra
Monday, August 11th, 2003, 01:36 AM
I have an original 1911 A1 colt ( nice weapon ) still has original springs and no rust ... and can still hit the head of a tack at 25 m

Scáthach
Monday, August 11th, 2003, 02:14 AM
that does look like a beauty alright. does it have the goldish detail on it? how old is a gun like that and how forceful a shot can it shoot..if you see what i mean ;)
is there any limit to the nuimber of guns an American can own or is it really viewed as such an important right that it shouldnt be curbed whatsoever?

Stríbog
Monday, August 11th, 2003, 02:25 AM
Here she is:

How much do you trust Norinco quality? I haven't had much experience with them and hear opinions ranging from good bargain to crap.

Ewergrin
Monday, August 11th, 2003, 02:28 AM
that does look like a beauty alright. does it have the goldish detail on it? how old is a gun like that and how forceful a shot can it shoot..if you see what i mean ;)
is there any limit to the nuimber of guns an American can own or is it really viewed as such an important right that it shouldnt be curbed whatsoever?

Put it this way, I have heard that a .45, at 25 yards, will lift a 200lb man 3 feet from the ground when struck in the chest. Hows that for force? :)

No gold detail. I find any gold on a firearm to be tacky at best.
As far as a limit on firearms in the U.S.... no there is no limit to the amount of firearms a legally registered U.S. citizen may own. That does not mean, however, that the ATF does not take note when certain individuals start collecting massive amounts of firearms for personal use ( i.e. not an F.F.L. dealer). I know of a few people that buy at least one gun once a week, and after a period of time of doing that, the ATF may make them wait 3 days or so before they can pick up the firearm. It is just their way of keeping things in check. ofr course, convicted felons are never allowed to own a firearm, and their is a limit on the particular types of firearms that regular citizens may own (no full auto or "silencer" without a Class III liscense, etc).

Ewergrin
Monday, August 11th, 2003, 02:40 AM
How much do you trust Norinco quality? I haven't had much experience with them and hear opinions ranging from good bargain to crap.

It depends on the firearm. After purchasing this 1911A1, I did some research on the internet to find out how good Norinco's reputation was concerning this particular firearm. As it turns out, Norinco actually uses the best quality steel out of all of the brands that make 1911 clones, aside from Colt themselves and Springfield. I am a member of a very large weapons forum (gunsnet.net) and I posted about my new find and there were actually several people to contacted me begging for photos of the actual one I bought, because it was such a rare find and for such a great deal. I searched a bit and this exact make and model actually sells for $450 anywhere else. Of course, Norinco stopped making this 1911 clone int he 90's, and just a few months ago, the U.S. Federal Government actually BANNED any and all importation of Norinco products into the U.S. due to their part of supplying weapons to Iraq. That fact alone also makes this gun worth a lot. I also have a Norinco m213 (9mm) in stainless steel that is a real beauty and a pleasure to shoot.

As far as Norinco Kalashnikova clones... it's a matter of opinion. Some people say that they used cheaper quality steel in their AKs (probably to the insane amount of AKs that they have flooded the market with: cheaper to build and quicker to sell), however the fit and finish of them was superior to say, the Egyptian Maadi's, although the quality of the AK was slightly better, with an inferior fit and finish. Either way, the Norinco MAK90 and the Egyptian Maadi's will cost you the same now, and it is just a matter of preference, when selecting them.

Also, I do believe that Norinco is manufacturing brand new M! Garand and M14 clones, at a cheaper price than Springfield (obviously), but most people that want those guns are willing to spend a few hundred dollars more to get a supreme quality M1 Garand or M14 from the original maker, Springfield Armory.