PDA

View Full Version : Would this be an extreme case of nordicism?

herr georg
Tuesday, August 2nd, 2005, 09:44 AM
The boy in this picture is either scottish or irish

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_819117_gingerboy150.jpg

this was from an article that had a few interesting things in it for instance:

"The reason for selection may be that people with pale skin are better able to make vitamin D in their own body.

"Vitamin D is made in the skin and, in the past, there were widespread deficiencies of vitamin D."

It looks like fair-skin is advantegous in almost any environment if it creates its own vitamen D,
if there is a master race, light skin must be a characteristic.

herr georg
Sunday, September 25th, 2005, 02:28 PM
90 veiws no replies? I think I scared everyone off :)
anyway what do you think would this be extreme nordicism (and I don't mean necessarily a strict hallstat/keltic/faelic type or whatever, i can tell hes more of a brunn/borreby/neo-danubian/eastbaltic just by looking at him)

OPEL
Monday, September 26th, 2005, 07:01 AM

"The reason for selection may be that people with pale skin are better able to make vitamin D in their own body.

"Vitamin D is made in the skin and, in the past, there were widespread deficiencies of vitamin D."

It looks like fair-skin is advantegous in almost any environment if it creates its own vitamen D,
thats more like extreem case of celtisim

herr georg
Monday, September 26th, 2005, 11:00 AM
uh dude are you serious?
do you even know what 'nordicism' is?

Agrippa
Monday, September 26th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Nordicism is an ideology - Nordic racism, its not the same as "extreme Nordid" and fully red hair is more typical for Celts and Cromagnoids than typical Nordids in the narrower sense (Skandonordid) which are not always that light and have usually a blond or blond-red but seldom fully red hair color.

Huzar
Monday, September 26th, 2005, 02:12 PM
fully red hair is more typical for Celts and Cromagnoids than typical Nordids in the narrower sense (Skandonordid) which are not always that light and have usually a blond or blond-red but seldom fully red hair color.

Really, Ag ? I asked something of similar on another thread just yesterday (about the "reddish" shade of hair colour). I suppose, then, that "reddish"-brown shade, like fully red one, has some "Cromagnid relation" (obviously a bit diluted). Am i right ?

Allenson
Monday, September 26th, 2005, 02:54 PM

I wouldn't call this Nordicism. As Agrippa noted, Nordicism is an ideology that states that the Nordic race and all it's characteristics, both physical and mental are overall, superior to all other races and subraces.

Reporting on the scientific fact that people with fair skin are better at creating their own Vitamin D than darker skinned individuals is just that; reporting or citing a known, scientifically validated fact--that is not necessarily attached to some political ideology. See what I mean? ;)

Agrippa
Monday, September 26th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Really, Ag ? I asked something of similar on another thread just yesterday (about the "reddish" shade of hair colour). I suppose, then, that "reddish"-brown shade, like fully red one, has some "Cromagnid relation" (obviously a bit diluted). Am i right ?

Real red hair is most common in NW-Cromagnoids (Dalofaelid/Irish Bruenn) and red shades are more frequent in Alpinoids than in other brunettes. So we can assume a connection to the aboriginal Cromagnoid populations of NW-Central Europe. Interestingly, even in the near East most rather red haired individuals show rather a tendency towards Cromagnoid, at least going after my personal observation...

herr georg
Tuesday, September 27th, 2005, 10:16 AM
[qutoe]I wouldn't call this Nordicism. As Agrippa noted, Nordicism is an ideology that states that the Nordic race and all it's characteristics, both physical and mental are overall, superior to all other races and subraces.

Reporting on the scientific fact that people with fair skin are better at creating their own Vitamin D than darker skinned individuals is just that; reporting or citing a known, scientifically validated fact--that is not necessarily attached to some political ideology. See what I mean? images/smilies/pantheon_europa/wink0001.gif[/quote]

By nordicism I mean biological or racial nordicism, not the ideology.
I thought that would be obvious. And I've seen the expression implied this way before.
And I definatley wasn't saying the article was 'nordicist'.
It's interesting that people with fair skin creat their own vitamin D.
People with dark skin need sunny climates for vitamin D, but people with fair skin can go to central Africa and all they have to do is make sure they don't get burnt.

herr georg
Tuesday, September 27th, 2005, 10:20 AM
Oh and by the way.
Isn't a 'cro-magnoid' a primate that was around before humans?
So if they are still walking around today doesn't that mean they're kind of more primitive then the rest of us? weirdness.
Is it true red hair is a pre-celtic trait? That doesn't make alot of sense to me weren't the people in the british isles before the indo-european invasions medish? I haven't seen many wogs with red hair unless you mean that indigenous europeans includes this so called 'cro-magnoid' type and UP.

Sigel
Tuesday, September 27th, 2005, 11:12 AM
It's interesting that people with fair skin creat their own vitamin D.
People with dark skin need sunny climates for vitamin D, but people with fair skin can go to central Africa and all they have to do is make sure they don't get burnt.
I think we need to learn a lot more about the human body and how it changes/ reacts and evolves to suit its environment.
Pale skin and other northern traits work well in their own environment, black skin is ideal for Africa etc.
I don’t think this implies the ‘superiority’ or ‘inferiority’ of either, but it does mean we should preserve mankind’s biodiversity, as mixing is destroying that which we do not yet fully understand.
There is much to be said for Blut und Boden, as a concept. You are what you eat and also intricately linked to your environment at a deep fundamental level.
I would be interested to know how much Cro-Magnoid blood the average North European carries.

Milesian
Tuesday, September 27th, 2005, 01:45 PM
[/font]
Master Race? :D
In order to address this suggestion, one must first understand the science of skin pigmentation.
Although it used to be thought that the function of melanin was to protect the skin from cancer & damage by the sun, we now know this to be incorrect.
In actual fact, skin pigmentation is a natural balancing act which is more related to nutrition than sun burn.
UV light from the sun has certain effects when the body is exposed to it.
For instance, direct UV light on the skin enables the body to synthesise Vitamin D. This is important because a lack of this vitamin causes rickets, which leads to bone deformations. In nature, someone suffering such a thing is likely to be weeded out of the gene pool fairly quickly. Where there is little direct UV light, the skin needs to be as efficient as possible in making use of it. One way to do this is to purge excess melanin from the skin (depigmentation), thus making the best use of what UV light is available.
In Europe, those areas which recieved least UV light are not in the extreme north, but rather in those areas which are usually cloudy and damp. Thus it is generally agreed that the palest skin is found in Britain and Ireland. In this way, pale skin helps prevent conditions such as rickets.
Another effect of UV light on the skin is that after a while it starts to break down Foliate in the body. Foliate plays a part in the reproductive system.
In Europe, the lower UV levels mean that Vitamin D synthesis is the priority.
However, at lower latitudes where the sun is stronger it becomes more important to prevent Foliate destruction. One way to do this is to increase melanin levels in the skin (pigmentation). With all the available UV light, vitamin D production is not as much of a concern. But being reproductively efficient is, and those who are go on to gift their genes to the next generation.
As you can see, pigmentation is all a balancing act based on UV light's action on the bare skin and the need to prioritise over vitamin D production and Foliate conservation.
Thus skin pigmentation is nothing to do with the concept of a "Master Race", but rather is merely an adaption to the light levels in each populations habitat range. Each group naturally does best in the areas that it is adapted too.
Caucasians might be making super amounts of vitamin D in sub-saharan Africa but they will also be losing Foliate from their bodies which in the long run can make them less fertile. Similarly, Negroids in Europe might not have a fertility problem but unless they are able to aquire enough vitamin D from their diet, they are at increased risk from bone conditions due to vitamin deficiency.

herr georg
Tuesday, September 27th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Master Race? images/smilies/pantheon_europa/biggrin3.gif

Certainly not! they are lacking the epidermal 'melanin super computer' of negros! but at least ashen pale skin would not have 'black photons' that pick up the negative waves from white people that cause high blood pressure!

Milesian
Tuesday, September 27th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Nice trolling.

Allenson
Tuesday, September 27th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Oh and by the way.
Isn't a 'cro-magnoid' a primate that was around before humans?
So if they are still walking around today doesn't that mean they're kind of more primitive then the rest of us? weirdness.
Is it true red hair is a pre-celtic trait? That doesn't make alot of sense to me weren't the people in the british isles before the indo-european invasions medish? I haven't seen many wogs with red hair unless you mean that indigenous europeans includes this so called 'cro-magnoid' type and UP.

No, the Cro-Magnons were anatomically modern humans and in many respects are still around to this day. And no again, they are not more primitive than other types of anatomically moderns....

Agrippa
Tuesday, September 27th, 2005, 05:32 PM
No, the Cro-Magnons were anatomically modern humans and in many respects are still around to this day. And no again, they are not more primitive than other types of anatomically moderns....

Even on the contrary, early Cromagnids were under the first more progressive sapiens variants which are known so far.

SouthernBoy
Tuesday, September 27th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Yes, if "nordicism" is defined as the manifestation of the "nordic". I believe rufosity is a more likely marker for "Nordidness" as well.

Loki
Tuesday, September 27th, 2005, 06:34 PM
This phenotype is common in the British Isles, so I wouldn't call it "extreme". I see people like that every day.

Tyrsson
Thursday, December 29th, 2005, 11:11 AM
I probably saw more redheads in Norway than anywhere else in NW europe :-O Well actually the most was in germany but they were obvious hair-die jobs, seems to be a trend there right now?