PDA

View Full Version : Crime, nature or nurture?

Alpine Storm
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Is there a published theory hypothesizing why evolution has encouraged different levels of agression and violence amongst the races?

In the FBI statistics (The Color of Crime) we see that Asians are the least likely to commit crimes/offenses, while blacks have the greatest disposition.

Why is this?

Siegfried
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 10:08 PM
'Crime' is a very broad term, including all kinds of socially unaccepted behaviour. Both genetics and nurture are involved in the production of such behaviour. Differences in violent crime rates between the major races are probably strongly influenced by testosterone levels.

Northern Paladin
Saturday, July 30th, 2005, 02:49 AM
Is there a published theory hypothesizing why evolution has encouraged different levels of agression and violence amongst the races?

In the FBI statistics (The Color of Crime) we see that Asians are the least likely to commit crimes/offenses, while blacks have the greatest disposition.

Why is this?

I think it has to do with intelligence. The groups with higher average IQs such as Jews and East Asians are financially more successfully therefore they are less inclined to crime.

Aistulf
Saturday, July 30th, 2005, 02:59 AM
In the FBI statistics (The Color of Crime) we see that Asians are the least likely to commit crimes/offenses (..)
What about the Chinese organized crime? In Italy I hear they're constantly involved in crime, which more often hits the news. Also, in the Netherlands, before Turks, Maghrebines and others pushed them out of the 'business' and took the extensive illicit drug (mostly opium and heroin) trade over from them.

I've heard that in a lot of major Canadian cities there's also a lot of crime because of Chinese, Vietnamese and other Asian organized crime syndicates.

Northern Paladin
Saturday, July 30th, 2005, 03:04 AM
What about the Chinese organized crime? In Italy I hear they're constantly involved in crime, which more often hits the news. Also, in the Netherlands, before Turks, Maghrebines and others pushed them out of the 'business' and took the extensive illicit drug (mostly opium and heroin) trade over from them.

Organized crime isn't race specific though the prevelance of it might be.

In regards to Chinese in Italy and the Netherlands. I think it has to do with their degree of education. European Chinese immigrants are more likely to be illegals while most American Chinese are College educated.

Aistulf
Saturday, July 30th, 2005, 03:09 AM
Organized crime isn't race specific though the prevelance of it might be.
Oh no? Most Chinese restaurants are 'connected', and it's rather well-known. It's quite a popular phenomenon. 99% of the streetcrime in Rotterdam was commited by ethnic non-Dutchmen, several years ago (which shouldn't have chance, since then; as it's getting only worse and worse).

In regards to Chinese in Italy and the Netherlands. I think it has to do with their degree of education. European Chinese immigrants are more likely to be illegals while most American Chinese are College educated.
How do you know that, or, what makes you think that? In any case, can you prove what you just said?

Northern Paladin
Saturday, July 30th, 2005, 03:27 AM
Oh no? Most Chinese restaurants are 'connected', and it's rather well-known. It's quite a popular phenomenon. 99% of the streetcrime in Rotterdam was commited by ethnic non-Dutchmen, several years ago (which shouldn't have chance, since then; as it's getting only worse and worse).

How do you know that, or, what makes you think that? In any case, can you prove what you just said?

It's just that most Chinese and East Asians in general here are highly educated. Like Alpine Storm citied they have the lowest degree of criminality.

So that's what makes me think there are more Illegals in Europe. Because you make it sound as if asians there are more prone to crime.

Aistulf
Saturday, July 30th, 2005, 03:34 AM
It's just that most Chinese and East Asians in general here are highly educated.
Can you prove that? (Statistically, without recycling these - rather old - multiculturalist fairytales and fables). Plus, can't 'highly educated' individuals be criminals? Or isn't that possible in your Hollywood-like perception of reality?

Oskorei
Saturday, July 30th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Can you prove that? (Statistically, without recycling these - rather old - multiculturalist fairytales and fables). Plus, can't 'highly educated' individuals be criminals? Or isn't that possible in your Hollywood-like perception of reality?
Agreed. Both the traditional Mafia, and other similar organizations use highly educated members, such as chemists, lawyers, economists and so on.

It is no wonder that Chinese are good at organized crime, since they as a race are intelligent, good at organizing, and have a potential for cruelty (maybe caused by their lower testosterone level, who knows?). Africans are not equally good at organizing, not equally intelligent, and so they are mostly involved in disorganized crime.

Here in Sweden, Negroes do rape, they do rob and vandalize, but they are not exactly the elite of criminals (that is restricted for various East-Europeans and Swedes).

Dr. Solar Wolff
Saturday, July 30th, 2005, 08:06 AM

Why is this?

The major races all have different hormone balances. Agricultural societies are specialized and crowded and therefore a hormone balance is necessary which will allow for a certain amount of boredom and a tolerance for crowding. This adaptation translates well into our modern world.

In oppositon to this is a society where women do most of the work and where men sit under shade trees and bargin for sexual rights to women. Here, multiple wives insure the survival of one's genes. This adaptation takes a whole different hormonal balance (and so a different behavior profile). This adaptation does not translate well into our modern world. Mal-adaptation is the major cause for crime in my mind.