PDA

View Full Version : Secret Societies - Death or Saviour of Europe?

anti-climacus
Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 08:26 PM
I just read a small book called "the secret societies handbook" which had 3 to 4 pages of information on 21 secret societies. It has really sparked my interest and I was wondering what all of your opinions are about secret socieities. (since most of them started or ended up in Europe) Are they the Death or Saviour of European Civilization?
These groups in particular grabbed my interest as the most important.

Illuminati - The most powerful of them all? They have bankrolled both sides of every war since the American Revolution. Took over the Bank of England and the French economy. Started by the son of a rabbi who converted to Catholicism by the Jesuits, then converted to atheism. Their goal is to establish a federal Europe and a one-world government. (anti-family, anti-Christian)
Definately sounds like a Jewish, Anti-European movement to me. (Jews are allowed to join) Some think that the Skull and Bones at Yale are a branch of the illuminati. Before forming the skull and bones the founder, William H. Russell, spent a year studying in germany and was friends with a member of a german society (the illuminati?)

Mensur - A society of German Uni students who would get together to do some fencing. Germans think they are neo-nazis today? Members are from wealthy German families. Members are extremely loyal, Hitler had to disband them because members would not disown the Jews in their corps.

The Rosicrucians - Wanted to mix Christian mysticism and the englightenment. They cared more about self discovery than recruitment. People with alleged ties to them are Leonardo Da Vinci, Benjamin Frankling, Rene Descartes, Thomas Jefferson, Claude Debussy, Isaac Newton, Dante, and Blaise Pascal.

I don't have time to finish this right now, but other groups are The Freemasons (I'm most interested in them since my grandfather is one), The Knights Templar, Opus Dei, The Golden Dawn, The Club of Rome, Essex Junto, The Bildebergs and The Bohemian Club.

Milesian
Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 09:49 PM
I have studied the subject a fair bit and have come to the conclusion that they are all Gentile Masonry and affiliates. Behind them all is the hand of the Chosen. As an illustration, most Freemasons will never rise above normal Craft Masonry of the first three degrees. Only an elite will ever ascend to the further thirty degrees. A member of the B'nai B'rith (Jewish masonry) can be inducted directly into the 33rd degree. The reason? He has no need to go through false ceremonies and learn handshakes and passwords which serve to fascinate and confound the poor acolytes. He has already learned all the "secrets" by virtue of his upbringing ;)

Interesting that you included Opus Dei though.
I have heard some people label it as cult like, but I am unaware of it being a secret society in the same pseudo-masonic vein as the others mentioned.

anti-climacus
Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 11:38 PM
I think the author of the book uses "secret societies" rather loosely as he also mentions the mafia and the ku klux klan in the book. Most of those societies (skull and bones, illuminati, knights templar, priory of sion, the golden dawn) are all associated with freemasonry.

Other groups he talks about like the bohemian club and the club of rome seem more like "old-boys" style societies. The enjoyment of cigars, whiskey, and discussion of politics. Some think that the club of rome spread aids among undesirable communities like africa and homosexuals due to the over population of the world.

I remember when reading Men Amongst the Ruins by Julius Evola that he talked about the Fascist Party in Italy having its founding fathers being freemason and occultists.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 05:31 AM
Well, how about Die Spinne, ODESSA, die Bruderschaft, Immergruen, and so forth--the SS survival groups. These are secret societies. How about the New Templars, Vril, Thule? What about "associations" or interest groups which are interested in some of this information--Feldherr referred me to one the other day on the web, Causa Nostra.

Siegfried
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Interesting that you included Opus Dei though.
I have heard some people label it as cult like, but I am unaware of it being a secret society in the same pseudo-masonic vein as the others mentioned.

How do you, as a Catholic, feel about Opus Dei? :)

Edit: For those interested, here's the website of the Opus Dei -> http://www.opusdei.com/

Milesian
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 02:06 PM
I really don't know enough about it to be honest. It appears to me much like a secular religious vocation.

If that is the case, then it is just like any Third Order Secular excpet that it isn't attached to a religious First and Second Order.

I haven't heard any claims of Masonic-like initiations, degrees, etc
Catholics in general seem pretty much split on the issue.
I'm not sure about it's claim to attain holiness through work. That does sound a bit odd, actually. However, I perhaps just don't understand it fully in that respect.

anti-climacus
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 11:23 PM
From the seemingly small amount that I have learned about Opus Dei from research, and from what my friend has told me (he attend St. Louis University, A Jesuit institution) , Opus Dei is more of a spiritual society dedicated to recruiting devout Catholics and less of a influential society in politics? But then again, I remember a time in history when Catholicism was associated with being theocratic. (not that I disagree with it)

Oskorei
Saturday, July 30th, 2005, 07:29 AM
I agree with Evola that most of these secret societies have been anti-traditional, and have played a part in the death of the old Europe (including its racial aspect, though it is interesting that the Masons do not allow Blacks, but have segregated organizations for these). However, the old, Christian, Europe would have died anyway, since all things contain the seeds of their own destruction within them. So the anti-traditional Masonistic societies have only been able to speed up the process.

Siegfried
Saturday, July 30th, 2005, 08:19 PM
In the past, the influence of such secretive groups has probably caused more harm than good to Europe. Now that our own governments have turned against us however secret societies, underground organisations and 'sleeping' cells may very well turn out to be a necessary strategy for Germanic nationalists.

Alizon Device
Saturday, July 30th, 2005, 08:41 PM
I suppose some of us might take succour in the idea of a secret society or 2 which has the same ideals or goals as ourselves. It may give us encouragement, resolve and hope that we are not a small minority swirling around in a world that has turned on its head and is getting progressively worse by the year.

I would love to believe in such organisations, but even if they do exist, I ask myself "well, what good have they done since 1945?". "When are they going to exercise some of this tacit power they have?" "How bad must things get?!".

Any organisation, secret or otherwise, is pointless and self-indulgent if it doesn't flippin do anything!

p.s. on the subject of Opus Dei, I believe Ruth Kelly, the U.K. Minister for Education is a paid up member. Man, does she squirm on TV when asked about it!!