PDA

View Full Version : Do You Own A Gun?

Northern Paladin
Saturday, July 23rd, 2005, 03:24 AM
Do you own a gun? Yes I own a Winchester Rifle and Glock.

QuietWind
Saturday, July 23rd, 2005, 03:31 AM
I like guns, but I do not have or want one because of having children in the house. My husband used to have one and wants one, so I know that one day we will have one. I've made him promise that he will keep it locked away and with one of those safety things through it, with no loaded clip in it or near it. He sees no purpose in having a gun if it is all locked away. Anyhow, it's a on going discussion we have. :) My children are my number one concern and their safety. I have read too many stories of children as young as 3, finding their parents guns and killing another individual. I don't mind my husband having a gun as long as it is kept overly safe. He can take it out to the shooting range and have fun with it.

Nordraserei
Saturday, July 23rd, 2005, 03:40 AM
Used to have a .45 Glock. Sold it before I got married. I didn't have papers to it anyway :thumbdown. My next will be an HK .45 mm.
http://photobucket.com/albums/b52/TerrorMachine/?action=view&current=USP_P105.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/TerrorMachine/HK.jpg
Beautiful...

I also like the Glock 17 .9mm. 17 rounds of maximum force.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/TerrorMachine/Glock17.jpg
When I get my HK, I'm going to pay the money to be able to carry it in public. ;)

Nordraserei
Saturday, July 23rd, 2005, 03:42 AM
What kind of Glock?

Do you own a gun? Yes I own a Winchester Rifle and Glock.

Todesritter
Saturday, July 23rd, 2005, 05:12 AM
Glock 9MM.

I like the power of the larger caliber, but the accuracy and higher capacity of the 9MM.

My grandfather is holding some *heavier weapons* for me back home in the hills.:D

Nordraserei
Saturday, July 23rd, 2005, 05:21 AM
Yeah, 9mms are better if you have more people to clean. Like that Glock 17 I posted. It holds 17 rounds. The HK .45mm, however, only holds 10 rounds. I still prefer the .45 because it's stronger.

Todesritter
Saturday, July 23rd, 2005, 05:25 AM
From being closer in family history to our family members who were, or are law enforcement or military, my father is a fan of the 45 also.

We get in the 45 vs 9MM debate as a running joke, and at family gatherings to drive off the more liberal members of the family, so we can shoot the breeze freely.

Nordraserei
Saturday, July 23rd, 2005, 05:27 AM
Just a quick question: Do you prefer shotguns or rifles? Each has its own advantage. The shotgun is very powerful and good for cleaning out a school hallway while the rifle is pretty accurate and good for jobs like the Grassy Knoll. I personally don't really care for either of them because they're both hard to conceal...

Todesritter
Saturday, July 23rd, 2005, 05:34 AM
Just a quick question: Do you prefer shotguns or rifles? Each has its own advantage. The shotgun is very powerful and good for cleaning out a school hallway while the rifle is pretty accurate and good for jobs like the Grassy Knowl. I personally don't really care for either of them because they're both hard to conceal...
For me it would depend on the situation. Since I have marksmanship training, if all hell broke lose in society, I would probably want the rifle for defense and survival in the hills and forests of home, but would want the shotgun and a pistol to get out of the metropolitan area I currently live in, and back up the interstate.

Nordraserei
Saturday, July 23rd, 2005, 05:45 AM
A friend of mine tells me that the recoil on his 18.5 Mossberg model 500 is fearsome. If I was going to either buy a rifle or a shotgun, I'd probably buy a medium powered deer rifle -- 30-06.

Mjölnir
Saturday, July 23rd, 2005, 09:55 AM
I own a Revolver:

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/colt_anaconda.jpg
Type: Double Action
Chamber: .357 magnum (Trooper mk.V, King Cobra); .44 Magnum and .45LC (Anaconda)
Weight unloaded: differs with models and barrel lenghts
Length: differs with models and barrel lenghts
Barrel length: from 2 to 8 inches (51 - 203 mm)
Capacity: 6 rounds

Great thing but heavy to carry.

M.,

Odin Biggles
Saturday, July 23rd, 2005, 03:52 PM
No because they're illegal unless your in a club and then you can only have rifles, damn i'd love to have one though.

Nordraserei
Sunday, July 24th, 2005, 01:39 AM
I like how Northern Paladin makes threads and doesn't even respond to them. :thumbdown

anti-climacus
Sunday, July 24th, 2005, 06:45 AM
I plan on buying a gun soon. I would like to get a handgun and a rifle.

Joermungand
Sunday, July 24th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Well i got 2 Weihrauch Airrifles an Walther Airpistol and a Feinwerkbau Pistol *G*

Weihrauch = Beeman in US i think.

In Germany we call these Things Weapons , dont knew what you call them in the USA.

Southern Jarl
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 03:32 AM
Well, I own an old .22 rifle (Saurio mod. 600 - an old, Argentine, but accurate piece), but haven't had the chance to fire it yet.
Sad, as I found out that my grandpa had 27 guns, including a Mauser C96, a Thompson SMG, several kinds of Mauser rifles...etc. Pitty, as they misteriously "vanished" after his death. The only one which fell into my hands was an old, beautiful Winchester -1892 if I remember correctly-. Unfortunately, there's a problem with the bloody barrel, and also the gun ain't legally registered.
If I was to buy a rifle (for deer), it would be a .270 Rem or a .300.
Other interesting calibers are the .223 Rem, the .22-250 and the new (and odd) .17 HMR. All of them for Varmint.
For pistols, I like 9 mm, 10 mm and .40, although I've only fired the first one. Preferrably German made (or Austrian, as Glock). An interesting caliber is the 5,7 x 28 mm made by FN. I think that the .45 ACP is a bit overrated (mainly by Americans :) ).
Rifle vs. Shotgun? Rifle all the way!

Alpine Storm
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Yes, I have the following;

357 Smith & Wesson Custom Revolver
9mm Sig Sauer 239
30-06 Browning Stainless A-Bolt
12 GA Browning A-5
22. Cal. Custom Rugger 10-22
4-10 Browning
22. Cal Winchester Magnum
45 Cal. Colt 1991
And I only have 1/10 of what my father has in his collection. It consits of over 100 rifles/shotguns, 20 handguns and at least 5 nice military wepons.

We do our best to be savy and safe. Our amunition is locked in seperate vaults and we use exteme caution whenever we hunt and shoot.

Alpine Storm
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Damn, I look bad in that picture!

Nordraserei
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 03:00 PM
All decent weapons. I've decided that I'm definitely going to buy a HK .45mm and get a concealed weapons permit so I can drive around with a gun in my car.

Yes, I have the following;

357 Smith & Wesson Custom Revolver
9mm Sig Sauer 239
30-06 Browning Stainless A-Bolt
12 GA Browning A-5
22. Cal. Custom Rugger 10-22
4-10 Browning
22. Cal Winchester Magnum
45 Cal. Colt 1991

Gorm the Old
Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 01:51 AM
At last count, I own 73 pistols ranging in age from 1630 to 1942 and in calibre from .32 to .59. I also own 11 long arms including muskets,a fowling piece, rifles, and shotguns. These range in age from about 1730 to 1959. My favorite pistol for shooting is a WWII .38 Webley and my favorite rifle for plinking is a .25-20 Winchester Model 43. I also shoot an 1898 .45-70 "trapdoor" Springfield. Most of my firearms are muzzle-loading and of mainly historical interest, though, all but a few are shootable. I enjoy shooting black powder rifles, especially my .50 cal.flintlock Hawken. I have a reproduction Remington .44 revolver which, despite a defective cylinder advance pawl, is fun to shoot. Obviously, I am mainly a collector and target shooter. I do not hunt. I keep my Webley ready and loaded for self-defense. As you might guess, I am a lifelong (though not Life) member of the NRA.

Draco
Monday, August 1st, 2005, 02:52 AM
I own a Savage arms Model 111 30.06 rifle with scope. Bought it used.

I enjoy target shooting, and when I finally have time to use this wepon to do it, I'll have to sight the scope and all. Never owned a gun before. I also have no plans to ever go hunting.

Skeletor
Monday, August 1st, 2005, 10:59 AM
I live in the Federal Republic of Germany and have no right to own a gun.

Southern Jarl
Monday, August 1st, 2005, 08:15 PM
I live in the Federal Republic of Germany and have no right to own a gun.How unfair.

Nordraserei
Monday, August 1st, 2005, 11:19 PM
Everything's illegal in Germany. Pretty soon the people will need to have permission to take a piss.

How unfair.

Vespasian
Thursday, August 4th, 2005, 12:19 AM
I have a S&W SW9VE. Which I keep on the desk top if I'm not carrying it.

http://www.nem0.net/devilsclaws/images/sw9ve.JPG

A Mosin-Nagant M44.
http://www.iguanasoft.com/~jeffersonian/m44.jpg

And a Remington 11-87.
http://www.tmpguns.ch/rem2.jpeg