PDA

View Full Version : Classify Irishman Eamon de Valera

Scáthach
Tuesday, July 29th, 2003, 12:14 AM
Eamon De Valera. Irish.
im thinking nordic with med, or med with nordic, lol.
he was tall, finely featured and long faced etc but his pigmentation leads me to think there was med influence, he was also of spanish extraction i think.
opinions?

Stríbog
Tuesday, July 29th, 2003, 12:21 AM
Eamon De Valera. Irish.
im thinking nordic with med, or med with nordic, lol.
he was tall, finely featured and long faced etc but his pigmentation leads me to think there was med influence, he was also of spanish extraction i think.
opinions?

Dev looks more or less Mediterranean to me.

Scáthach
Tuesday, July 29th, 2003, 12:30 AM
when i think of people who are predominantly med, i picture shorter, stockier people, with broader faces and overall heavier builds (oh the stereotypes! lol), and so i thought some nordic may have been in him too :)

Tore
Tuesday, July 29th, 2003, 02:02 AM
when i think of people who are predominantly med, i picture shorter, stockier people, with broader faces and overall heavier builds (oh the stereotypes! lol), and so i thought some nordic may have been in him too

What you are picturing is an Alpine.

Some Mediterrerranean tpes are short (Med Proper), whereas other (Atlanto-Mediterranean's) are tall.

Most Mediterranean's are slender with a delicate, gracile build, and generally narrow-faced with a long, narrow, and dilochocephalic skull.

cosmocreator
Tuesday, July 29th, 2003, 03:09 AM
I think he looks Dinaric.

Vojvoda
Tuesday, July 29th, 2003, 03:11 AM
I don't see any 'med' or nordid in this man. He is UP.His bi-gonials seem wide. He doesn't look finely featured and long faced to me. Just because he had dark hair doesn't necessarily mean he is part mediterranean or whatever.For example look at the pic of the guy above my post:grin 90% of the world's population has dark hair but we are not all the same sub-racially.

Tore
Tuesday, July 29th, 2003, 06:38 AM
I don't see any 'med' or nordid in this man. He is UP.His bi-gonials seem wide. He doesn't look finely featured and long faced to me. Just because he had dark hair doesn't necessarily mean he is part mediterranean or whatever.For example look at the pic of the guy above my post

Perhaps we can say " Atlantid?"(Med with UP elements).

Frans_Jozef
Tuesday, July 29th, 2003, 07:40 AM
I think he looks Dinaric.

Actually, you and Providenje come very close to solve this problem.
In his younger days his facial outline directs to some Megalithic Mediterrenean source, overall predominates moderate broadness, which edges away in time and in combination with his tall, slender built and long members, he should be addressed as Atlanto-mediterrenean.
Interesting enough, he has a craggy hooked nose and his backhead shows occipital flattening, which confirms some observations alloting a to Atlanto-meds incipient dinaricism.

Frans_Jozef
Tuesday, July 29th, 2003, 07:45 AM
Actually, you and Providenje come very close to solve this problem.
In his younger days his facial outline directs to some Megalithic Mediterrenean source, overall predominates moderate broadness, which edges away in time and in combination with his tall, slender built and long members, he should be addressed as Atlanto-mediterrenean.
Interesting enough, he has a craggy hooked nose and his backhead shows occipital flattening, which confirms some observations alloting a to Atlanto-meds incipient dinaricism.

The difference with the Armenid comes forth from the bulkier, blockheaded shape of his head, which is neither a short peakhead nor is the whole vault elevated like a dome.

Frans_Jozef
Tuesday, July 29th, 2003, 07:48 AM
The difference with the Armenid comes forth from the bulkier, blockheaded shape of his head, which is neither a short peakhead nor is the whole vault elevated like a dome.

http://www.glasnevin-cemetery.ie/html/eamon.html

It's much more European Dinarid than anything else, although his face appears at times very unsympathethical and acerbic jewish....

Scáthach
Tuesday, July 29th, 2003, 03:16 PM
hmm it is said by some that he had jewish ancestry, however that's rarely taken as truth by anyone at all.

Polak
Tuesday, July 29th, 2003, 03:22 PM
hmm it is said by some that he had jewish ancestry, however that's rarely taken as truth by anyone at all.

This guy looks Dinaric to me.

Milesian
Tuesday, July 29th, 2003, 05:23 PM
This guy looks Dinaric to me.

Well I know he had an Irish mother and a Spanish father, but if I saw him in the street I would take him for being a Jew

Scáthach
Wednesday, July 30th, 2003, 01:42 AM
really??! our Dev? ;) i really wouldnt, yes he has an unfortunate nose, sorry had, but overall i thought he was gorgeous when he was a young soldier...something about a real irish patriot :)
i still think he looks med , atlanto med apparently that is :)