PDA

View Full Version : Classify this interesting Slav

Kel`Thuz
Thursday, July 24th, 2003, 10:07 AM
This interesting Slav from Poland needs to be classified fast!
He's 185 cm tall, and has green eyes and brownish hair.

http://free.of.pl/w/warraha/Slav1.jpg
http://free.of.pl/w/warraha/Slav2.jpg
http://free.of.pl/w/warraha/Slav3.jpg

Polak
Thursday, July 24th, 2003, 10:47 AM
This interesting Slav from Poland needs to be classified fast!
He's 185 cm tall, and has green eyes and brownish hair.

http://free.of.pl/w/warraha/Slav1.jpg
http://free.of.pl/w/warraha/Slav2.jpg
http://free.of.pl/w/warraha/Slav3.jpg

A fairly typical West Slavic phenotype: tall, probably sub-brachycephalic, long but relatively wide face with deep jaw, narrow straight nose, sloping, wide forehead.

According to the old classification, he is a mix of Neo-Danubian, Halstatt Nordic and Dinaric.

The profile has a Halstatt Nordic look about it, but the eyes and cheekbones give an impression of East Baltic or Neo-Danubian. The pigmentation is mostly brunet in a Dinaric direction.

Frans_Jozef
Thursday, July 24th, 2003, 11:21 AM
[QUOTE=Polak]A fairly typical West Slavic phenotype: tall, probably sub-brachycephalic, long but relatively wide face with deep jaw, narrow straight nose, sloping, wide forehead.

According to the old classification, he is a mix of Neo-Danubian, Halstatt Nordic and Dinaric.

The profile has a Halstatt Nordic look about it, but the eyes and cheekbones give an impression of East Baltic or Neo-Danubian. The pigmentation is mostly brunet in a Dinaric direction.[/QU

What we have here is basically a Corded type modified by process of inheriting a non-Europid element, nor is it justifyable to approach him as neo-Danubian blend, the stronger attachment lies with the Nordic race.
The forehead is high, full, rather smooth and very receding yet not in a steeply fashion but bending backwards and runs parallel to the high-rooted, straight nose, surely leptorhine, which differentiate him from the broader-nosed Corded.
The face appears long and narrow, the region of the malars are somewhat fuller but it doesn't change the overall impression of a high face(besides larger zygomatic doesn't have to be interpreted as a racial characteristic, men have usually stronger developed cheekbones than women, sometimes fringing out laterally), lacking flaring gonial angles, angular and sharp with both compressed(but deep mandible and reduced maxillae) with a punctuated but not jutting chin.
The vault doesn't strike me as impressingly high, but Corded was pushed into a high-vaulted direction by Danubian and other admixtures; often the vault was flat-topped.
While he might be brachycephalic, there's some suggestion that if he would be dolichocephalic, the Schildform of the vault shape wouldn't have been attained neither the Kokonform of the typical Corded,though the occiput looks to round and less tapered to be considered Nordic.
Nordic is however the trait that the greatest extention of the skull lies midway in stead of more behind like in Cromagnids and some Mediterranids; this seems to be the case here.
The eyes, of course, set him apart: in the last picture they appear as slit-like.

Polak
Thursday, July 24th, 2003, 12:53 PM
[QUOTE=Polak]A fairly typical West Slavic phenotype: tall, probably sub-brachycephalic, long but relatively wide face with deep jaw, narrow straight nose, sloping, wide forehead.

The profile has a Halstatt Nordic look about it, but the eyes and cheekbones give an impression of East Baltic or Neo-Danubian. The pigmentation is mostly brunet in a Dinaric direction.[/QU

What we have here is basically a Corded type modified by process of inheriting a non-Europid element, nor is it justifyable to approach him as neo-Danubian blend, the stronger attachment lies with the Nordic race.
The forehead is high, full, rather smooth and very receding yet not in a steeply fashion but bending backwards and runs parallel to the high-rooted, straight nose, surely leptorhine, which differentiate him from the broader-nosed Corded.
The face appears long and narrow, the region of the malars are somewhat fuller but it doesn't change the overall impression of a high face(besides larger zygomatic doesn't have to be interpreted as a racial characteristic, men have usually stronger developed cheekbones than women, sometimes fringing out laterally), lacking flaring gonial angles, angular and sharp with both compressed(but deep mandible and reduced maxillae) with a punctuated but not jutting chin.
The vault doesn't strike me as impressingly high, but Corded was pushed into a high-vaulted direction by Danubian and other admixtures; often the vault was flat-topped.
While he might be brachycephalic, there's some suggestion that if he would be dolichocephalic, the Schildform of the vault shape wouldn't have been attained neither the Kokonform of the typical Corded,though the occiput looks to round and less tapered to be considered Nordic.
Nordic is however the trait that the greatest extention of the skull lies midway in stead of more behind like in Cromagnids and some Mediterranids; this seems to be the case here.
The eyes, of course, set him apart: in the last picture they appear as slit-like.

Actually, this guy reminds me of some of the Volga Tatars I've seen. They're often very Nordic in many ways, but then have some very peculiar characteristic like very narrow eyes. It's as if someone got a Nordic and then replaced one or two features with those of a Ladogan or even Turko-Mongol.

Kel`Thuz
Thursday, July 24th, 2003, 04:05 PM
Actually, this guy reminds me of some of the Volga Tatars I've seen. They're often very Nordic in many ways, but then have some very peculiar characteristic like very narrow eyes. It's as if someone got a Nordic and then replaced one or two features with those of a Ladogan or even Turko-Mongol.

Here's another photo of him. As you can see, the narrow-eyes in the previous pics were just an illusion, because of the frowning stance. He actually fancies himself a Corded-influenced type, and his male ancestors show similar skull shape, yet have bigger heads and are even taller than him. I hope I will provide pictures of them in the future.

http://free.of.pl/w/warraha/Slav4.jpg

Vojvoda
Thursday, July 24th, 2003, 05:39 PM
Is he from southern Poland near the Carpathians?

Kel`Thuz
Thursday, July 24th, 2003, 08:23 PM
Is he from southern Poland near the Carpathians?

No, he's from the oldest mountain range in central-southern Poland, Saint Cross Mountains - the heartland of the ancient White Croats - proto-Slavic people, who belonged to the Corded folk. Yet we are still researching his ancestors. His mother was half-German, but the origins of his male ancestors are obscure. We only know they were all very tall, long- and large-headed. We don't know from where did they come, but for sure they were strongly rooted in central Poland for the last 150 years.

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Friday, July 25th, 2003, 12:07 AM
I don't see anything really Asiatic about his eyes (they don't look like "slits" to me.) Polak you think he looks like a Tartar? Seriously? :scratch

I think he's a good-looking Polish man :)

Azdaja
Friday, July 25th, 2003, 12:54 AM
[QUOTE=Vanessa]I don't see anything really Asiatic about his eyes (they don't look like "slits" to me.) Polak you think he looks like a Tartar? Seriously?[QUOTE]

I see the same thing. What the source of it is I don't really know, but Tartar seems like a safe bet.

I immediately noted the resemblance between Kel`Thuz and (of all people) Anton LaVey.
The resemblance is actually pretty striking. I see it mainly in the chin, eyes, and the little of the cheekbone structure that I can make out.

Vojvoda
Friday, July 25th, 2003, 03:40 AM
No, he's from the oldest mountain range in central-southern Poland, Saint Cross Mountains - the heartland of the ancient White Croats - proto-Slavic people, who belonged to the Corded folk.
Close enough, you do resemble a guy I know from Sarajevo.So, what part of Poland is the heartland of the ancient proto-Serbs? I have read somewhere that it was west of the proto-Croats in Poland.

I don't know why others say you look like a Tatar.Tatars I have seen in Bulgaria,yes I have been there and please don't ask why, have round heads and snub-noses.

Johnny Reb
Friday, July 25th, 2003, 10:37 AM
I'm no anthropologist, but if he got a haircut, he'd be much easier to classify. I'll bet he wouldn't look tatar then. And his nose looks ok to me.

Polak
Saturday, July 26th, 2003, 10:27 AM
I'm no anthropologist, but if he got a haircut, he'd be much easier to classify. I'll bet he wouldn't look tatar then. And his nose looks ok to me.

Yeah, sorry, his eyes looked a bit squinty in those first pics. My mistake...