PDA

View Full Version : Is Classification by Body Possible?

Hans
Sunday, May 18th, 2003, 05:34 PM
Given nothing but a body shot from the neck on down, can you accurately classify someone?

Telling by :

Skin tone
Height
Bone structure
Weight distribution
Muscle shape

Can you get it down to a region or country?

How would you tell a Briton from an Irishman, a Italian from Spaniard, German from Pollock (sp), Finish from Danish, etc?

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Sunday, May 18th, 2003, 06:09 PM
Or in Polish it's "Polak", but referring to a man only! x_nono :D

Vojvoda
Thursday, May 29th, 2003, 04:43 AM
how do you say 'Polish' for a female person?

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Thursday, May 29th, 2003, 08:54 PM
"Polka"....Like the music we started :D That just means specifically a Polish girl. To describe something as Polish is just simply "polska" or "polski"

Vojvoda
Thursday, May 29th, 2003, 11:06 PM
aha polska kobasica:eek:

Evolved
Sunday, June 1st, 2003, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by Hans
Given nothing but a body shot from the neck on down, can you accurately classify someone?Can you get it down to a region or country?

No that is not possible. I can't tell if someone is jewish by looking at their ear hair, either. :rolleyes: :)

I see a lot of people with the wrong skull for their body type. I see a lot of that in the Balkans, where these athletes will have very tall, lean Dinaric bodies with a tiny Alpinized head. It looks ridiculous, like a pea stuck on the end of a straw. :D

Tore
Sunday, June 1st, 2003, 06:52 AM
Given nothing but a body shot from the neck on down, can you accurately classify someone?

Nordics are generally tall and lean, with a gracile bone stucture, long legs, shorter arms, and a relatively short body cavity. These features are acccentuated when pertaining to the Halstatt Nordic type. The Keltic Nordic type is shorter and presents a less "distinctly Nordic" appearance.

Mediterraneans are typically gracile as well, yet taller varients of the type are generally found only in the British Isles (Atlanto-Mediterranean).

Upper Paleolithics (Brunn, Borreby, Alpine), East Baltics, as well as Nordic-UP blends (Anglo-Saxon, Trønder) generally have heavier bone structures, with larger body cavities, longer arms, and shorter legs. Most Upper Paleolithic are tall, with exception to the Alpine.

I'm not entirely sure regarding Dinarics, but I believe they tend to be more gracile than robust, and if not, are simply one or the other varying from each individual.

Vojvoda
Sunday, June 1st, 2003, 04:44 PM
"see a lot of that in the Balkans, where these athletes will have very tall, lean Dinaric bodies with a tiny Alpinized head. It looks ridiculous, like a pea stuck on the end of a straw. "

Do you have any pictures of these individuals? I guess you believe McCulloch and his "over 75% dinarids in the balkans" b.s.

Azdaja
Sunday, June 1st, 2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by providenje
Do you have any pictures of these individuals? I guess you believe McCulloch and his "over 75% dinarids in the balkans" b.s.

I'm curious: what would you say the racial composition of the Balkans is like?

Vojvoda
Sunday, June 1st, 2003, 07:59 PM
predominately white and slavic

Demigorgona
Sunday, June 1st, 2003, 09:08 PM
yuck polaks ... dirty people :boiling

Evolved
Monday, June 2nd, 2003, 04:13 AM
Trolling is beneath you.. x_nono

What a pointless and ridiculous statement for this forum. And from someone who claims to know a lot about racial types, anthropology, etc. You can find the same types of people in Poland as in the rest of Central and Northern Europe. Their pigmentation on average is fairer than Western Europe.

Jawohl, kameraden! Behold der untermensch in all his hideous glory: :rolleyes:

Demigorgona
Monday, June 2nd, 2003, 04:25 AM
rofl ... seeing as how i was joking dumbass...

Do you really think i would seriously think that polaks are 'dirty' or 'inferior' if my b/f is a polak :rolleyes:

cosmocreator
Monday, June 2nd, 2003, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by ladygoeth33
I see a lot of that in the Balkans, where these athletes will have very tall, lean Dinaric bodies with a tiny Alpinized head.

Dinarids have smaller heads than Alpinid.

Azdaja
Monday, June 2nd, 2003, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by providenje
predominately white and slavic

Lol. Well yeah. But that's like saying that the racial composition of Germany is 'predominately white and germanic'.
I was asking about the sub-racial makeup. For instance, I think there is a Baltid element in the Balkans that McCulloch completely ignores.

(EDIT: just went to his site and noticed that he does say 5% is neo-danubian).

Vojvoda
Monday, June 2nd, 2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Azdaja
Lol. Well yeah. But that's like saying that the racial composition of Germany is 'predominately white and germanic'.
I was asking about the sub-racial makeup. For instance, I think there is a Baltid element in the Balkans that McCulloch completely ignores.

(EDIT: just went to his site and noticed that he does say 5% is neo-danubian).

I was being sarcastic, of course, but anyway yes there is a baltid element in the balkans, no matter what country. The original slavs who entered the balkans were Balto-slavs according to Serbian historians. I think there should be another name for the "neo-danubian" type. Having wide malars and being brachycephalic doesn't mean you have Ladogan traits.

keltic_stijn
Monday, June 13th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Is it possible to classify a person by his body ( iow without face)?

Lada
Tuesday, June 14th, 2005, 11:55 AM
I dont think so. I would rather ask, how much I should consider body measurements, when I classify somebody. For exemple, someone has typical Alpine face, but has tall, slender stature. Is he Alpine still, although Alpines are supposed to have medium stature and are lateral in body build?

Rhydderch
Tuesday, June 14th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Is it possible to classify a person by his body ( iow without face)?Classifications usually take into account the whole body but it would be difficult to classify by the body alone.
But certainly particular facial structures tend to be associated with particular body structures; I've noticed that for instance the Litorid facial and head form tends to go together with a stocky, broadshouldered physical structure.
Likewise the long head and face, sloping forehead and somewhat dark features of the Atlanto-Mediterranean tends to be associated with a slender build and forward-leaning gait, with slightly raised shoulders.