PDA

View Full Version : Left Politicians: Get Rid of Imams

Theudanaz
Monday, June 13th, 2005, 09:55 AM
V-politikere: Isolér imamer

Af ANNE METTE SVANE
Regeringen skal stoppe dialogen med imamer, mener flere Venstre-politikere. DF bakker op, men Venstres integrationsordfører vil fortsat mødes med imamer.

Boykot dialogen med imamer. De skal isoleres i den politiske debat, og derfor bør politikere og regeringen afstå fra at mødes med imamer fremover. Sådan lyder opfordringen fra flere Venstre-politikere i kølvandet på imam Abu Labans omstridte forslag om at udbetale blodpenge for at hindre bandeopgør på Nørrebro. »Abu Laban har overskredet en fundamental grænse, og det må have en konsekvens, så han politisk isoleres. Jeg vil give integrationsministeren en klar opfordring til ikke at spilde tid på at mødes med ham og andre imamer, som må have lignende holdninger, der strider grundlæggende mod dansk demokrati og vores retssystem,« siger udenrigsordfører Troels Lund Poulsen (V).

Parallel-samfund

Han advarer direkte mod at fortsætte dialogen med imamer: »Hvis vi giver imamer som Abu Laban en talerstol og en ophøjet position blandt muslimer i Danmark, så er vi indirekte med til at legitimere, hvad han står for.«

Opfordringen bakkes op af partifællerne Eyvind Vesselbo og Torsten Schack Pedersen. »Det politiske system skal holde sig fra at have kontakt med imamer. Problemet ved at have en dialog med imamer er, at vi accepterer at forhandle med et parallelsamfund. Det er absurd og må stoppes,« siger Eyvind Vesselbo.

http://www.jp.dk/indland/artikel:aid=3102442/

TRANSLATED:

Left wing politicians: Isolate Imams

The government should stop dialogues with imams, according to many liberal politicians. DF agrees, but the Left's intregation spokesman plans to continue meetings with imams.

-

Boycott the dialogue with imams. They should be isolated in the political debate, and therefore politicians and the government ought to abstain from meeting with imams in the future. That's how requests from several left politicians are sounding in the wake of imam Abu Laban's controversial suggestion to disburse bloody payments in order to reduce gang clashes in Nørrebro.

"Abu Laban has overstepped a fundamental line, and it must have a consequence, so he is being politically isolated. I will give the minister of integration a clear request not to waste time meeting with him and other imams who may have similar views which conflict at a basic level with Danish democracy and our judicial system," said foreign ministry spokesman Troels Lund Poulsen (Left).

Parallel-society

He warns directly against continuing the dialogue with imams: "If we give imams like Abu Laban a platform and position among muslims in Denmark, then we are indirectly agreeing with what he stands for."

The request is supported by fellow party members Eyvind Vesselbo and Torsten Schack Pedersen. "The political system must refrain from having contact with imams. The problem with having dialog with imams is that we are accepting the idea of dealing in a parallel society. It is absurd and it must be stopped," said Eyvind Vesselbo.

Oskorei
Monday, June 13th, 2005, 03:54 PM
It is nice to see Scandinavian politicians putting the foot down.

However, the party Venstre ("Left" in English) are not left wing, they just happen to have that name from many years back.

Huzar
Monday, June 13th, 2005, 04:01 PM

A good sign.

Theudanaz
Monday, June 13th, 2005, 05:58 PM
That makes more sense. Thanks for the clarification.

However, the party Venstre ("Left" in English) are not left wing, they just happen to have that name from many years back.

Theudanaz
Monday, June 13th, 2005, 06:01 PM
The negative of it is that they are doing this to promote integration. In some ways might it not be better to keep the societies separate so that the Moslems can be removed more easily? Still it is basically good that they have started to put the imam in his place.

A good sign.

Ulex
Friday, September 30th, 2005, 01:34 AM
Lately it has been popular among democratic politicians from both left and right to meet with the imams discussing how to streamline integration. It is ofcause questionable if the imams should be allowed to act as spokesmen on behalf of the entire foreign community, and also these meetings serve to establish the power of Islam in Denmark.

Not long ago the Danish primeminister had a dialogue with some imams on the immigration issue. What could be done to promote non-white integration (and thus promote the funeral of the Danish people)? The imams stated clearly that they wanted the Danish government to legally forbid all anti-islamic critisism.

Now, I am not a democrat myself, in fact I despise democracy selfdestructive as it is, but when a democratic politician clearly acts in contrast to his own conviction, it grates on my ears. Ofcause the primeminister should have closed the dialogue immediately after this anti-democratic statement proposed by the imams, and he should have specified to them that their behaviour was not wanted in democratic Denmark.

Instead he told the press that he was happy with the open and constructive dialogue he had had we the imams, and that he was more positive than ever that the integration project was comming to a solution of benefit for all parties.

Hypocrite... That's what I call a guy who is afraid of opposing people who fights everything he stands for, in an attempt to prostitute himself for foreign voters. His attitude has nothing to do with tolerance - it is a complete defeat on the behalf of the Danish people.

Gorm the Old
Friday, September 30th, 2005, 03:57 AM
If good old King Christian X were alive, he'd boot the lot of them out !

Deling
Friday, September 30th, 2005, 04:19 PM
"If good old King Christian X were alive, he'd boot the lot of them out !"

If good old King Gustav X were alive, he'd boot the Danish state out;)

Seriously though, that some politicians don't want the government to interact with one controversial imam has nothing to do with policy. It's about defending the interests of the Establishment policy of multi-cultural integration: that some Imam speaks his mind isn't very good for the popularity of that project. I would rather see more Imams encouraging blood-shed and non-integration, because that's more consequent, and also hinders the process of Establishment's integration plans. Neither Scandinavians nor (certain) immigrants want to integrate and assimilate, and won't as long as there's resistance from all (or many) camps. Abu Laban seems like a great imam, from that perspective.