PDA

View Full Version : Death In June

Druid
Tuesday, July 15th, 2003, 10:39 PM
Is anyone a fan of Death in June? I have recently aquired one of their CDs "The World That Summer" and I'm pretty hooked. Their sund is quite unique.

Ewergrin
Thursday, July 17th, 2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Druid
Is anyone a fan of Death in June? I have recently aquired one of their CDs "The World That Summer" and I'm pretty hooked. Their sund is quite unique.

I love Death In June.
Great stuff.

_Vé_
Sunday, August 24th, 2003, 10:59 PM
There is one song.

Ewergrin
Sunday, August 24th, 2003, 11:25 PM
There is one song.

Care to elaborate?

_Vé_
Wednesday, August 27th, 2003, 02:35 AM
The Wicker Man song. I don't know, haven't really heard their other stuff that much.

Mistress Klaus
Wednesday, December 10th, 2003, 12:57 PM
My ex band NIFLHEIM played support to Death in June (also with Fire + Ice & Beastianity) on the Mimir's Head Concert in Sydney (Australia) in '99.
It was a good show even though our black metal style conflicted abit with the pagan overtones..(we got the gig because my lyrics and our general concept was based on Norse Mythology)....Alot of you people should get a copy of my 'Myrkvid' Cd/album!...I am sure alot of you would like it...female black metal vocals, guitar, Nordic artwork & lyrics.....Look out for my solo band Skadheim. (Branded in Leather + Steel album should be out in mid 2004).

Johannes de León
Wednesday, May 26th, 2004, 09:05 PM
nice band, i have some of their albums, my favorite, if my mind doesn't fail me, is the But, What Ends When the Worlds Shatter? album...

Schopenhauer
Sunday, February 21st, 2010, 01:39 AM
I searched, but I didn't see any threads related specifically to DI6 here so I thought I'd start one.

Favorite album: But What Ends When The Symbols Shatter?

Favorite song: Symbols of the Sun

Anyone else ever catch them live? I saw one of their performances in the US and they were outstanding.

Here's a great live vid from 2002
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn89ieDqSrQ

Zimobog
Sunday, February 21st, 2010, 04:33 AM
My Favorite DIJ album:

Discriminate- I know it's a comp but it has a good variety of the best of DIJ. I have What Ends.. also and it is a good one!

as for favorites song... I like Hollows of Devotion because of that signature solo trumpeting. Heaven Street is one I enjoy because of the dark historical theme. Fall Apart is cool because of the stark female vocals.

There are some songs I don't care for and some things about DIJ that make me a little uncomfortable but all in all it is great music. Glad you brought it up, Schopenhauer!:thumbup

Schopenhauer
Sunday, February 21st, 2010, 02:22 PM
Discriminate?!?!? That's cheating! :D

But yes, that is an amazing album, not to mention a dizzying listening experience.

Have you seen the new DI6 stone boxed sets Douglas P. made?

Zimobog
Sunday, February 21st, 2010, 08:39 PM
I did see that stone box set... that thing is mammothian. I haven't bought much of the memorabilia. I am a flannel shirt kind of guy :D. I like to take my guitar camping and play Doug P's songs on it by the fire.;)

Cygnus
Friday, June 11th, 2010, 11:01 PM
I'm like the music. DIJ is among the best in the so-called neofolk genre.

My favorite songs:

Luther's Army
Little Black Angel
Leopard Flowers
Rose Clouds of Holocaust
Symbols of the Sun

Also, check out the joint DiJ-Albin Julius project OPERATION HUMMINGBIRD.

Zauberspruch
Saturday, June 12th, 2010, 02:41 AM
Rose Clouds of Holocaust ... haunting ... the whole album is ... get it or live a deprived, pointless existence ...

Deifr
Sunday, June 13th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Is Hollows of Devotion realy about Douglas Ps encounter with a gay roman catholic priest?

Hekla
Saturday, August 6th, 2011, 01:57 AM
Di6 is my favorite musical project. There is nothing else like them out there.

Hersir
Saturday, August 6th, 2011, 02:18 AM
Di6 is my favorite musical project. There is nothing else like them out there.

What about Boyd Rice?

4z50p2v5Of0

Schopenhauer
Saturday, August 6th, 2011, 02:52 AM
What about Boyd Rice?

Well he's an alcoholic douchebag for starters.

Hersir
Saturday, August 6th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Well he's an alcoholic douchebag for starters.

And DiJ is a fag. There is a saying: The art surpasses the artist.:thumbup

Schopenhauer
Saturday, August 6th, 2011, 04:24 PM

Not in the case of Rice, who has done some incredibly shitty and underhanded stuff recently.

As for Douglas P being a fag, it's a non-issue for me.

AuroraNordalis
Sunday, August 7th, 2011, 12:33 AM

What if someone has the opinion rap is good music despite it being black and not of Germanic value?

As soon as I heard Douglas Pearce was gay, I stopped listening to the music.

I do not support the enemies financial health. The more we give to them the more they survive. The more they survive, like a rat they are given more time to spread disease.

The disease being not the lyrics but the impression that being gay is ok since it gives the illusion that some Germanics have no problem giving money to their institutions no matter how big or small.

Thats why I don't buy ethnic foods (no matter how good it is to some) and only buy from White owned establishments. To be even seen relishing in nonwhite food is parading their culture.

This makes it seem multiculturalism is good.

Schopenhauer
Sunday, August 7th, 2011, 01:13 AM
I'm a little lost here, how does the eating "ethnic" foods have anything to do with Death In June?

AuroraNordalis
Sunday, August 7th, 2011, 01:46 AM
I'm a little lost here, how does the eating "ethnic" foods have anything to do with Death In June?

Sorry, what I meant was that we should not tolerate the multicultural agenda.
If DP is gay then why support him. So what if his music is good, he is not.

You cannot have light with a little darkness.

I was using ethnic foods as an example of "culinary art" outweighing the artist and it being a reason to support something alien to Whites or Germanics in particular.

We should only support those who can fit entirely into our world. Anything that is a roach or even resembles the nature of a roach should not be in a Germanc house.

A little slack soon turns into allot of slack. Then the horse (the world) goes away.

Hersir
Sunday, August 7th, 2011, 11:06 AM
I think there are many artists which we would have to exclude then

AuroraNordalis
Sunday, August 7th, 2011, 10:45 PM
I think there are many artists which we would have to exclude then

So? Lets exclude them then.

How can people want Germanic countries to be actually Germanic if there is a lack of dedication to it?

If you want a clean kitchen you have to spend time with the oven as well.
You don't cut corners for convienience.

Just saying.

Hersir
Sunday, August 7th, 2011, 10:52 PM
So? Lets exclude them then.

How can people want Germanic countries to be actually Germanic if there is a lack of dedication to it?

If you want a clean kitchen you have to spend time with the oven as well.
You don't cut corners for convienience.

Just saying.

So, we cant use our alphabet because it is Egyptian in origin? We can't have dinners with 3 meals, because that would be Arabic? No gunpowder, no AC electricity. There is really a lot of stuff we have to remove then. It's not gonna happen, let's be realistic. The thing is that we have imported culture for a long time.

Schopenhauer
Sunday, August 7th, 2011, 11:15 PM
So, we cant use our alphabet because it is Egyptian in origin? We can't have dinners with 3 meals, because that would be Arabic? No gunpowder, no AC electricity. There is really a lot of stuff we have to remove then. It's not gonna happen, let's be realistic. The thing is that we have imported culture for a long time.

Well "our" alphabet probably took shape when our Germanic ancestors began trading with the Latins and the Phoenicians, not the Egyptians.

Also, we do not so much import other cultures wholesale. We impost those bits and pieces that we find appealing/useful.

Now as for DI6, I think they're great. Saw one of their last live shows. Great performance. Played so many of my favorite songs too.

Hersir
Monday, August 8th, 2011, 12:36 AM
Well "our" alphabet probably took shape when our Germanic ancestors began trading with the Latins and the Phoenicians, not the Egyptians.

Also, we do not so much import other cultures wholesale. We impost those bits and pieces that we find appealing/useful.

Now as for DI6, I think they're great. Saw one of their last live shows. Great performance. Played so many of my favorite songs too.

The alphabet we use went from Egypt to Greece. You can read about its history here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_alphabet

And who said we import cultures on wholesale?

And for the topic: It would be cool to seem them play, but I doubt they would come to Norway.

Schopenhauer
Monday, August 8th, 2011, 01:32 AM
The alphabet we use went from Egypt to Greece. You can read about its history here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_alphabet

And who said we import cultures on wholesale?

And for the topic: It would be cool to seem them play, but I doubt they would come to Norway.

Douglas P. ceased all live performances of DI6 in 2005.

Also, you're forgetting the Runes.

AuroraNordalis
Monday, August 8th, 2011, 03:36 AM

We can't go back and argue/change the past. We can't afford to reset civilisation.

We can however prevent further desecration of Germanic society.

DI6 isn't even a neccesity. Besides he degrades the third reich and makes it look like a circus.

Yes I admit the music is good, but I will not support it any longer.

What would you say if someone came into the forum and created a thread about hip-hop? Saying the art outweighs the artists.

What would you say if someone came in and started to babble on about Spike Lee and his movies with the same feeling?

Alice
Sunday, June 2nd, 2019, 11:45 AM

Yes, I am a fan. I saw them live about eight years ago, and it was a great show, except for a few annoying hipsters who were being obnoxious.

Hersir
Sunday, June 2nd, 2019, 02:45 PM
The new album is very good.