PDA

View Full Version : Differences between Brunn and Borreby

Huzar
Saturday, June 11th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Borreby and Brunn are the U.P. types. What are the differences between these two types ? I know both are very robust and have light eyes generally, combined to a sqared face. Although i ignore the differences between them.

Rhydderch
Saturday, July 9th, 2005, 04:34 AM
The Brunn is typically lightish brown haired (often red), while the Borreby is typically golden blond. The Borreby forehead is higher and a little more protruding (I think), the nose tending more to concavity and upturned tip; Brunn orbits are fairly low (sloping downward somewhat, toward the sides of the face), Borreby more level. And of course the Borreby is brachycephalic, as opposed to the meso- or dolichocephaly of the Brunn.
Brunn face (together with the forehead) has a parallel-sided appearance, while that of the Borreby is more undulating.

Other Borreby features which I don't think are shared with Brunns include a tendency to pronounced baldness and to hairiness; and also the eyes have a sort of prominent or bulging look.

SouthernBoy
Saturday, July 9th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Borreby and Brunn are the U.P. types. What are the differences between these two types ? I know both are very robust and have light eyes generally, combined to a sqared face. Although i ignore the differences between them.
Borreby is bracycephalic and hypsicephalic, and Brünn is dolichocephalic and chamaecephalic.

Northern Paladin
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Basically what was said.

Brunns are more rufous less bracycephalic and in general are more rugged and less rounded.