PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Metal RULEZ!

Ederico
Friday, July 11th, 2003, 01:42 PM
Hey, we have a Metalhead here, let us start the mosh pit, I need to get some spikes. :prost

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Iovvs Optimvs Maximvs
Hey, we have a Metalhead here, let us start the mosh pit, I need to get some spikes. :prost

Metal heads rule! :D Hey, why is there no emoticon for the horns? hahahaa! we gotta get one! :D

Ewergrin
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Vanessa
Metal heads rule! :D Hey, why is there no emoticon for the horns? hahahaa! we gotta get one! :D

Is that you, Vanessa?

CelticLover
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 04:51 AM
You're very pretty, Vanessa :)

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by kriegsmaschine
Is that you, Vanessa?

Yeah that's me heehehehee

awww thanks CelticLover :emb

CelticLover
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Vanessa
Yeah that's me heehehehee

awww thanks CelticLover :emb

You're welcome :prost :D

Stríbog
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 07:25 AM
We seriously need some heavy metal smilies. We need lightning bolt smilies too!!! I would use them in like every other post :D

Fenris
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 07:27 AM
\m/, ò_ó ,\m/

LET'S RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWK

also Vanessa, damn you look good. :D

Ewergrin
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 08:15 AM
I will agree with everyone here and say that from what I can tell, you are very attractive. Or as I am now reffering to people I like..."an unwavering band of light."

Thank you Vonnegut.

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 08:28 AM
:emb You guys are all gonna make my head explode LOL

This thread is supposed to be about heavy metal! I think we should just fill it up with picks of everyone givin' the horns. Or the satanic salute if you want to call it that hahahahahaha please don't :nerd
http://www.av1611.org/stryper5.html

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 08:29 AM
http://www.av1611.org/images/crock/amysalu8.jpg

HAHA, this is the funniest site ever!

http://www.av1611.org/amysalut.html

Ewergrin
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 08:29 AM
LOL!
Are you sure those arent MANOWAR fans?????

Stríbog
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 08:36 AM
Holy crap Vanessa, that had me falling off my chair. Rock music is Satanic!! :grin

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by kriegsmaschine
LOL!
Are you sure those arent MANOWAR fans?????

HAHAHAAAAAAA I just wet my pants! I mean....I'm too true metal to laugh :twitch

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Stríbog
Holy crap Vanessa, that had me falling off my chair. Rock music is Satanic!! :grin

LOL The best part is this:

"But there is a definite spirit invoked in rock music, secular or Christian — and it's NOT the Holy Spirit! And many times, people involved in rock music get "caught up in this unholy spirit"!"

Ederico
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 11:58 AM
I wonder what would happen if these people read the lyrics of Deicide.

Ewergrin
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Iovvs Optimvs Maximvs

They would probably just laugh. Deicide has not been good since they released Legion and Glen Benton has been one of death metals biggest jokes since Deicides inception. His lyrics are amateurish at best and for the album Once Upon the Cross he copied several verses, word for word, from the Necronomicon.
Every Deicide release has gotten progressively worse (an oxymoron, I know) and their status within the underground death metal community is all but non-existant. I have always thought that Deicide could benefit from ridding themselves of Benton, considering Steve Ashiem is the primary songwriter to begin with.
I will admit, however, that Glen Benton may have somewhat revitalized his image with the 2003 release of "Dechristianized" by Vital Remains, which he does all the vocals for. The album is a masterpeice of technical, brutal death metal, and Bentons vocals on it are better than they have been in years.
I do not know if he wrote any of the lyrics to "Dechristianized" or not, but I would say he probably did not. Let us remember that this is the guy who admitted to torturing animals for fun (which I think was a blatant lie merely stated to recieve attention), burned an inverted cross on his forehead (inverted cross? Are you in the 7th grade, Glen? Why dont you burn the Star of David next time, its the only way you could be more Jewish) and swore to be dead by the time he was 33 because Satan wanted it, or something like that. Hes well passed 33, and still alive! What's the deal, Glen??

To truly embrace feelings of darkness, I always rely upon instrumental works. For extreme lyrics, you cant beat NSBM.

Sigrun Christianson
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 05:53 PM
I don't want to beat a dead horse, but Iron Maiden RAWKS! I just downloaded a new mp3 and I'm blown away. I forget how awesome they are if I don't listen for a while.

:idolize to IRON MAIDEN.

\m/

BullyBoy88
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 08:43 PM

They would have a heart attack.

Deicide has not been good

..... Deicide is still good after all these years.

and Glen Benton has been one of death metals biggest jokes

Yeah one of the most respected guys in the genre, a "biggest joke".

His lyrics are amateurish

Let me guess, as apposed to what? "Viking Power!! Arg we march into battles with a giant sword arg!!!" right?

Every Deicide release has gotten progressively worse

Have you even ever listened to the Band or do you just believe everything that trendy magazines say?

and their status within the underground death metal community is all but non-existant.

Let's see, well respected, allways mentioned in the same breath as Morbid Angel, yeah that's really non-exsistant. Let me guess, you've never actually been part of the scene, you just believe what "Metal" Maniacs say, right?

I have always thought that Deicide could benefit from ridding themselves of Benton, considering Steve Ashiem is the primary songwriter to begin with.

Let's see, Glens band. He formed it, he writes 90% of everything in it, he thought up the name, yeah uhh he IS the band.

I will admit, however, that Glen Benton may have somewhat revitalized his image

Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Let us remember that this is the guy who admitted to torturing animals for fun

Bullshit.
Put the fucking Metal Maniacs down.

burned an inverted cross on his forehead (inverted cross? Are you in the 7th grade, Glen? Why dont you burn the Star of David next time, its the only way you could be more Jewish)

Yeah uhh, since YOU dislike him and the band he's a Jew. Riiiight. He's Italian moron.

:fu

and swore to be dead by the time he was 33 because Satan wanted it,

Wrong again, what he said was he felt SOMETHING would happen by the time he was 33 he wasn't sure wether it meant he would die or kill someone or something else.

To truly embrace feelings of darkness, I always rely upon instrumental works. For extreme lyrics, you cant beat NSBM.

LMFAO. I fucking new it. An NSBM Fan. The BIGGEST joke in the entire Metal Underground. I thought so all along. Let me guess, extreme being Cunt Grischnak, right? Pffft whatever, I should've known it was one of the "Varg is God" goons running off at the mouth.

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by BullyBoy88

LMFAO. I fucking new it. An NSBM Fan. The BIGGEST joke in the entire Metal Underground. I thought so all along. Let me guess, extreme being Cunt Grischnak, right? Pffft whatever, I should've known it was one of the "Varg is God" goons running off at the mouth.

HEY! I like NSBM! grrrrr! :insulted

And btw, I think kriegsmachine is well past the stage where Burzum is considered the epitomy of NSBM and Varg it's only true prophet! LOL

I like Burzum and all, but there is a lot of way better stuff out there...*hides from Count Quisling* :sofa I do like Varg though :D oh and Burzum doesn't really sound like black metal anymore haha...have you heard Daudi baldrs?? ;)

BullyBoy88
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 09:42 PM
No. I don't listen to anything that coward puts out, at all.

Sigrun Christianson
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 10:13 PM
BullyBoy88, you need to watch your language and your attitude. You can argue & disagree all you want without being nasty and insulting.

-Sigrun

Ewergrin
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 10:21 PM
1. That is a matter of OPINION. I find it hilarious that by my bashing Deicide it seems to have hurt you so much and now now on the defensive.

2. Respected by who nowadays? Mallrats with Slipknot tshirts on, or just you?

3. I did not say anything about Viking Metal, and in fact, I dont listen to a lot of it. Find some other sort of ammunition.

4. It seems to me that YOU are the one who believes everthing that Metal Maniacs has to say. It is a known fact that the self-titled album and Legion are death metal masterpeices. It was AFTER Legion that Deicide started to SUCk. I said that in my first post, which you chose to ignore.

5. Mentioned with Morbid Angel and Cannibal Corpse when people talk about death metal that was good A DECADE AGO. It is not 1991, then again you should know this because you probably had a bib on then. I have been part of the scene for a long time and I have chosen to EXIT the "scene" because it was anything but that. Mallrats are concerned with "scenes," not people trying to work hard and move on with their lives.

6. PLEASE provde the facts you have to substantiate this claim. it is a well known fct, as stated in many many interviews over the years, that Steve Ashiem writes and arranges most of the music. Glen Betons job is to blab about satan.

7. Dont know what that means, eh? Have you ever even heard of Vital Remains? I suppose you have no clue that Benton does all of the vocals on their new album, do you? Since you are obviously inept at getting the point, it means that his image has been somewhat renewed considering the Vital Remains album is very good and not pure cheese like the last 3 Deicide albums.

8. Metal Maniacs? I suppose the newspapers and file footage are bullshit, too? But then again, since you OBVIOUSLY are Deicides biggest follower and have been since they were under the name Amon, you should know this as truth already, RIGHT?

9. Mentioning satan, which is a jewish concept to begin with, makes his beaviour jewish No one is talking about his ancestry. Are you that inept?

10. And you celebrate that kind of behaviour? It was an abvious reach for attention to make his band seem more "evil." Obvious to everyone except you, apparently.

11. It seems to me that your life is dictated by what the metal "scene" does. You care an aweful lot about it. As far as Varg goes, I like some Burzum, but not all. I have never uttered the words "Varg is God" ever in my life. I always know when someone is misinformed about NSBM when Burzum is the first thing they think of when NSBM comes to mind. NSBM lyrics are more extreme because they represent something that can actually be DONE in this world and they represent ideals that a lot of people this day and age are not confortable with. Screaming about Satan is pure fantasy and therefore cannot be taken seriously. Singing about a white only existance and revolutions in world politics is something that CAN be done if we work hard enough, and that is why it scares the world. For someone who claims to be WP, you certainly dont act like it.

BullyBoy88
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 10:32 PM
2. Respected by who nowadays? Mallrats with Slipknot tshirts on, or just you?

Give me a break. Anyone actually IN the scene respects Deicide, except of course people who think Amon Amarth is extreme.

4. It seems to me that YOU are the one who believes everthing that Metal Maniacs has to say. It is a known fact that the self-titled album and Legion are death metal masterpeices. It was AFTER Legion that Deicide started to SUCk. I said that in my first post, which you chose to ignore.

If I believed everything Lack of Metal Maniacs said I would be spouting the same b.s. you are.

5. Mentioned with Morbid Angel and Cannibal Corpse when people talk about death metal that was good A DECADE AGO. It is not 1991, then again you should know this because you probably had a bib on then. I have been part of the scene for a long time and I have chosen to EXIT the "scene" because it was anything but that. Mallrats are concerned with "scenes," not people trying to work hard and move on with their lives.

Yeah uhh, good one? At least you admitted YOU ARE NOT PART OF THE SCENE! So shut the fuck up about something YOU are not part of and know NOTHING of.

8. Metal Maniacs? I suppose the newspapers and file footage are bullshit, too? But then again, since you OBVIOUSLY are Deicides biggest follower and have been since they were under the name Amon, you should know this as truth already, RIGHT?

And what newspapers and file footage? Oh let me guess, he shoots a squirrell that's in his trashcan so that's animal torture. Whoopty.

10. And you celebrate that kind of behaviour? It was an abvious reach for attention to make his band seem more "evil." Obvious to everyone except you, apparently.

Yeah, okay.

11. It seems to me that your life is dictated by what the metal "scene" does. You care an aweful lot about it.

You are right, I DO care about something i'm a part of. And when morons insult it I stand up for it. My life is dictated by what *I* do. The underground however IS part of my life.

For someone who claims to be WP, you certainly dont act like it.

Why, because I don't like faggots who dress up like Mayhem and sing about Odin? Yeah that's REAL WP. Aside from trying to look Evil these morons do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for this Movement. But yeah okay, it's ME that isn't WP. Whatever fuck you.

BullyBoy88
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Sigrun Christianson
BullyBoy88, you need to watch your language and your attitude. You can argue & disagree all you want without being nasty and insulting.

-Sigrun

I'm done. You wanna ban me go for it. If morons like this are reprisenative of this board I want no part of it. Go ahead and do your thing.

Sigrun Christianson
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 10:37 PM
I can't believe you insulted someone else for having poor English when you misspelled at least half a dozen words in your own posts. :rofl

How embarrassing. :D

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 11:03 PM
boy he sure earned his nickname. What a grade A overreactor! Still we have yet to top von braun though :hush hehehe

Scáthach
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 11:09 PM
glen benton and those hoffman brothers are gorgeous though, yum! :smilies

Ewergrin
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 11:23 PM
I absolutely love to be proved right.
See what type of fans Deicide has, for the most part?
How bankrupt must someones life be if they are obsessed by the underground metal "scene"?

Some people move on, live productive, mature and fruitful lives, and some people stay obsessed with trying to look cool in front of their friends.

Guess which one he is.

As far as not being in the scene. I am no longer in it. However, while I was in it, I offered much more than useless banter. I released 2 demos which sold VERY quickly and were very well recieved and also 1 cd. I wonder what BullyBoy88 has to offer?

Fenris
Sunday, July 13th, 2003, 11:42 AM
can't we all just....get along?

In the spirit of <FONT SIZE=4><B><FONT COLOR=RED>TRUE METAL!!!1~</font></b></font> and keeping this thread on the topic of "heavy metal rulz",

<font size=3><b>\m/,</b></font>

I now present some Manowar, for feel-good cheese factor.

Valhalla the gods await me
Open wide thy gates embrace me.
Great hall of the battle slain
With sword in hand.
All those who stand on shore
Raise high your hands to bid a last
Farewell to the Viking land.

Death's chilling wind blows through my hair
I'm now immortal, I am there
I take my place by Odin's side
Eternal army in the sky.

I point my hatchet to the wind
I guard the gates and all within
Hear my sword sing as I ride across the sky
Sworn by the sacred blood of Odin onward ride.

Valhalla the gods await me
Open wide thy gates embrace me
Great hall of the battle slain
With sword in hand.
Behold the kingdom of the kings
Books of spells and magic rings
Endless knowledge, endless time
I scream the final battle cry.

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Tuesday, July 15th, 2003, 11:51 PM
Hey look! I found a site where you can send metal postcards! :cheer

http://www.himnosrituales.com/cgi-bin/postcard/

...except...has anyone ever heard of "Celctic Frost"? hehehe :silly

Stríbog
Wednesday, July 16th, 2003, 12:07 AM
Yea I've heard a few Celtic Frost songs. They are similar to Bal Sagoth IMO.

Ewergrin
Wednesday, July 16th, 2003, 01:24 AM

WOW I havenever heard that one before.
CF and Bal-Sagoth similar? Please explain.
Bal-Sagoth is one of the most horrid bands I have ever heard.
I'm not flaming you, I am just really interested in hearing why you think they are similar.

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Wednesday, July 16th, 2003, 10:49 PM

I was just laughing at the typo they made on teh site :drsuess

Stríbog
Thursday, July 17th, 2003, 01:24 AM
Sorry, I don't know that much about newer metal, other than that new Metallica sucks. I am not terribly familiar with Celtic Frost or Bal-Sagoth, they just kinda sounded the same to me. I stick to old stuff anyway: Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, early Metallica.

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Thursday, July 17th, 2003, 01:50 AM
So tell me Stribog, are you hell bent for leather? :whip

:cheer

Ewergrin
Thursday, July 17th, 2003, 01:51 AM
I know Im not!

but...the Ripper is my fav JP song.

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Thursday, July 17th, 2003, 01:56 AM
You're in-for-a-surprise...you're in-for-a-shock! :yikes

hehehe

I like "Breaking the Law" the most...well, for today anyways

:jail

Stríbog
Thursday, July 17th, 2003, 01:59 AM
Yes I am... minus all the fag connotations. :D
My favorite is either Sad Wings of Destiny or You've Got Another Thing Coming.

Fenris
Thursday, July 17th, 2003, 08:51 AM
Touch of Evil, and Painkiller are two of my fave JP songs. Breaking the Law is definitely another. I'll have to listen to the JP compilation I have when I get in now.