PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions Regarding Asatru, Baelder and a Few Other Things

Fenris
Thursday, July 10th, 2003, 08:29 PM
I'm looking for a copy of the Havamal, and also for contact information regarding a mostly European group called Baelder, it's a north-west european cultural preservation organisation I have had an interest in since my mid-teens, I could just never find anything about them beyond this one small booklet of stuff I had (and as I'm 25 now it's going to be hard finding that booklet amidst the gathered clutter of my accumulated years)

The Baelder organisation assimilated the Order of Nine Angles, an Aeonic Satanic movement whose works I've also got a profound interest in (and whose first degree solo initiation rite I underwent), the ONA became the Fraternitas Loki, and as with the original ONA; run in part by David W. Myatt (also known as Christos Beest), whose books I've been trying to find too; and in part by Anton Long.

Anyone here able to help me out? I'd be very appreciative.

Rahul
Friday, July 11th, 2003, 04:21 PM
I may not have an answer to the latter part of your question but I have Havamal in Norsk here.

Or You are looking for the English translation?

Havamal In Norsk (http://oaks.nvg.org/ma3ra4.html)

Loki
Friday, July 11th, 2003, 04:52 PM
Here (http://www.trajectorylabs.com/havamal.htm) is a Palm OS download of and English translation of the Hávamál - The Sayings of Hár.

A good site for these sort of texts is Northvegr.org (http://www.northvegr.org/)

Fenris
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 07:50 AM
Thank you both, though Rahul, unfortunately I'm not literate in Norsk nor can I speak it, though I still have an interest in learning the language.

BullyBoy88
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 10:06 AM
I'm looking for a copy of the Havamal, and also for contact information regarding a mostly European group called Baelder,

I'm not for certain but I do believe Balder is defunct now.

the ONA became the Fraternitas Loki,

I am interested in finding out more about this now. As far as I know the ONA is still ONA. As well as they have a subsection named Temple 88.

and as with the original ONA; run in part by David W. Myatt (also known as Christos Beest),

David Myatt and Christos Beest are two different people. Myatt is now a Muslim, btw.

whose books I've been trying to find too;

I'll search around and see if I can find them for you. I ordered mine from Anton Long (R.I.P.) about 7 years ago, i'll see if I can find anyone selling them. As far as I know when the ONA went back underground 4 years ago they stopped selling them, but you might try mailing them and asking.

Rahul
Saturday, July 12th, 2003, 06:49 PM
Interesting and a very good link and an even excellent comparative view of different languages, from ancient Norsk to Svenksa and English.

Fenris
Sunday, July 13th, 2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by BullyBoy88
David Myatt and Christos Beest are two different people. Myatt is now a Muslim, btw.

Myatt is no longer a Muslim,
http://davidmyatt.portland.co.uk/texts/biographical_information.htm

in Part Three of his Autobiographical Notes Myatt said:
I learnt a great deal from Islam but finally concluded - as I had years ago in relation to first, Buddhism, and then Christianity - that only the natural, honourable, reasoned, Way which underlies Folk Culture, fully answered all the questions about the meaning and purpose of our lives. I just could not reconcile my belief in the importance of personal honour, and the overriding importance of Nature and ethnic identity, with the principles of Islam.....

Though an old friend of mine (from whom I got a copy of Naos, and whom owns most of the ONA's literary works) is the one that made the connection of Beest and Myatt being one and the same.

Originally posted by BullyBoy88
I'll search around and see if I can find them for you. I ordered mine from Anton Long (R.I.P.) about 7 years ago, i'll see if I can find anyone selling them. As far as I know when the ONA went back underground 4 years ago they stopped selling them, but you might try mailing them and asking.

Thanks. Have you got the mailing address? I can't seem to locate it. And just as an aside, did you ever build a Star Game board? It always intrigued me but the diagrams in Naos were bad photocopies.

edit: fuck, dumbass went and got himself banned for being a moron in the music forum.

Fenris
Sunday, July 13th, 2003, 11:14 AM
Excellent reading material, thank you. I'm at work and it's a slow day (Sunday, got called in on less than 10 minutes notice, blargh) so I'll start reading it here.

Moody
Friday, August 22nd, 2003, 05:17 PM
The latest episode of the Baelder group is to be found on;www.arktion.org .
This is an avowedly 'apolitical' organisation, and seems to have cut all links with Myatt etc.,