PDA

View Full Version : Do You Consider Ringo Starr White?

Jkl
Thursday, June 26th, 2003, 02:42 PM
Question is also simple. As there are people that think that Penelope Cruz looks Middle Eastern I would like to do a poll to ask you if you consider Ringo Starr fully white. I mean, probably Penelope Cruz is 90% white (and 10% gypsy or moorish). I think Ringo Starr is not 100% white (he doesn´t look 100% white, so he shouldn´t be considered white either), he also has some kind of Middle Eastern look.

As I don´t like double standards. Do you consider Ringo Starr (the Beatles musician) to be White?.

Scáthach
Thursday, June 26th, 2003, 02:53 PM
yes i certainly do,should i be proved wrong well and good but until then i view him as perfectly white and rather cute :D
ps he does not have any jewish blood......

Azdaja
Thursday, June 26th, 2003, 05:26 PM
Yeah, he looks 'white' to me as well. He's dark, but there does not seem to be anything non-Europid about his facial features.

Scáthach
Thursday, June 26th, 2003, 08:37 PM
talk about pretty blue grey eyes! and he has lovely brown hair i know pigmentation isnt paramount when classifying someone but his features look lovely and europid to me..as his nose is rather large maybe there is a dinaric element to him? i believe they have prominent noses thats my onle reason for suggesting it really...

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Thursday, June 26th, 2003, 09:23 PM
He sure is white to me. I think without the shaggy hair he would appear quite differently. But all the pics without the moptop he is older and has a beard....darn. Basically, he just has a big nose. I don't think that makes him non-white. He looks more white than Mr. Bean LOL

http://www.showcaseeditions.com/acatalog/162.jpg

http://www.ntvmsnbc.com/news/67941.jpg

Scáthach
Thursday, June 26th, 2003, 09:34 PM
that b&w pic is so cute! oh marry me ringo x_love
i even think his nose is cute....now i understand why they had so many screaming girls following them in the 60s!

Azdaja
Thursday, June 26th, 2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Scathach
his nose is rather large maybe there is a dinaric element to him?

Yeah, good call. In the first pic his nose looks a bit downturned. Maybe that is just an effect of the camera angle or something, though?

Scáthach
Thursday, June 26th, 2003, 10:04 PM
hmm im not sure if it or not,you could be right :)

Von Braun
Friday, June 27th, 2003, 12:11 AM
This is an idiotic thread. There is absolutely no basis whatsoever for considering this man to be a nonwhite.

Vojvoda
Friday, June 27th, 2003, 04:01 AM
Is he white? Yes. Does he look Middle Eastern? Sort of, He looks like some Cypriots(Turk and Greek) I know.

hardcorps
Friday, June 27th, 2003, 04:46 AM
Those who voted 'no' must be using a more esoteric understanding of whiteness than the generally understood one. Perhaps they are reading the question as whether he is Nordish (debatable), whether they find him attractive or would like their sister to marry him (irrelevant to an objective assessment), or whether he resmbles one of the guys in Nazi propaganda posters (lol). Although I voted 'yes' to Cruz's whiteness (and stand by it), I think Ringo is far more centrally white/Europid (if I may invent such a term!) than her.

His unusual nose just looks odd on him - it would not look peculiar on a tall nord. One must expect that subracial mixture will sometimes throws up odd-looking phenotypes. (The Beatle that I 'question' is Lennon. How could he stand cohabiting with Yoko Ono?)

Scáthach
Friday, June 27th, 2003, 12:28 PM
he is white,i also think that penelope is white so i could be utterly wrong on all counts or i may just be less bothered about whether ppl are centrally nordish or not than a lot of people here ;)
i think he has a nice nose as ive said before and he has light hair and eyes aswell as what look to me to be utterly europid features.the only thing up for questioning (and not by me) is that he has ''dark'' skin ie hardly porcelain white and this may be what is making people see a nonwhite influence?
i cant say i agree if that is it,i like his colouring it suits him!