PDA

View Full Version : Question about an Italian subrace.

Imperator X
Saturday, March 5th, 2005, 01:27 AM
I keep noticing these Italian American girls with dark hair and a certain kind of look, particularly in the face, they all seem to have really nice large hips which are disproportionately large compared to their stomachs and breasts. Does anyone have any information and examples of common Italian subraces and any pictures?

-Imperator.

Agrippa
Saturday, March 5th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Many Gracilmediterranids look that way. But you could argue about Steatopygia and the Grimaldi-race as well if you want, though I dont think you mean that or such an extreme.

Imperator X
Saturday, March 5th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Interesting. I will check those out. I'm pretty sure that I'm an Atlantid, predominantly Nordic with some Mediterranean admixture from Romance French and Proto-Iberian (Milesian Irish), but I cannot post a pic on here without it messing up. I can't just paste a normal pic on here it makes no sense.

Imperator X
Saturday, March 5th, 2005, 09:15 PM
A good example (Not of Steatopygia, but of this distinct look) is on this site. In the Campania section, 13th row, the one in the black sports bra, #35.

http://www.angeltowns.com/members/racialreal/miss_italia_south.html

WiltFaber
Sunday, March 6th, 2005, 03:59 AM
Hadn't seen that site http://www.angeltowns.com/members/racialreal/italians.html before -- very interesting. I know the Italian type that Imperator is talking about -- it is what Amricans usually think of when they say "Italian". Stated differently, when Americans say "Italian" they really mean Southern Italian or Sicilian, because that is where most Italian immigrants in the U.S. came from. These Italians are really largely Greek -- southern Italy and Sicily being heavily colonized by the Greeks, and commonly referred to as Magna Graecia. Whether they amount to a subrace or not, I leave for wiser heads to decide.

On thing's for sure, and that is that is that they differ signiicantly from the Nordid-Alpinid-Dinarid mixes in Northern Italy. http://www.angeltowns.com/members/racialreal/north.html

Imperator X
Monday, March 7th, 2005, 01:51 AM
I think you hit it on the head Wilt. The Greeks were in the East of Sicily, this area was known by the Romans as Sicilia Graecus. There was also influence from the Moors, but I think it's the Greek features that spark my interest in this type, because Penelope Cruz has heavy Moorish admixture and I don't find her attractive at all.

These girls always seem to have large hips, but not necessarily large asses. (Which is a good thing!) This girl in my High school fit this Greco-Sicilian image perfectly and she had the most marvelous hips I had ever seen. She was calm, intelligent and mature. Really something else.

-Imperator.

WiltFaber
Monday, March 7th, 2005, 04:24 AM
Imperator, I know what you mean. I work with a Greco-Sicilian woman who fits this mold -- high hip-to-waist ratio -- and is, like, something else. Only problem is that often these women end up dumpy and pear-shaped by the time they hit middle age. (You are right too about the occasional moorish influence.)

Agrippa
Monday, March 7th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Ok, you just meant Gracilmediterranid women. Classic Mediterranid type...

Dobermann
Monday, March 7th, 2005, 05:20 PM
No47 from Campania looks like a Mullata to me.Apart from her all the others look like very pretty Greaco-Romanic or nordid types.

Imperator X
Monday, March 7th, 2005, 06:53 PM
I said #35.

Iberian_Romano
Monday, January 2nd, 2006, 04:18 AM
Sicily also faced a Norman Invasion............

Here
Sunday, February 19th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Sicily also faced a Norman Invasion............

Yes, and what I know of Sicily is that dark is the commonest hair color but the second is red. I know many redheads of Sicilian ancestry
Don't you why?.

Mercury
Thursday, February 23rd, 2006, 10:58 AM
Sicily faced different invasions, and each left a trace. A friend of mine, born in North Italy from Sicilian parents, has very pale skin, light-blond hair and light-blue eyes, 1,80 mt. tall.
His parents come from a city with a blond majority, the rest of the island present darker features, in some cases reaching unbelievable extremes.