PDA

View Full Version : Are we living in the End Times?

helsingor
Tuesday, March 1st, 2005, 06:16 PM
Discuss

:dance
(http://misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=185#)

Northern Paladin
Friday, March 4th, 2005, 05:39 AM
Discuss

:dance
(http://misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=185#)

Why are you interested in such a topic? Do you happen to be religious? That's quite rare for a Swede.

To address your question. I believe it is impossible to discern because the "Signs" of the End times that the Bible lists are so Vague in nature. They could really be applied to any time. In fact Paul and his congregation thought they were in the end times and that was some 19 centuries ago. :D

SteinMauer
Friday, May 4th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Wow! This thread has been here a long time! I can't believe it hasn't gotten more response than this.
Oh well, I figured I would put my two cents in, just in case anyone ever browses this one.
In most Christian theology, two big things are going to happen before the end. The "rapture", or taking out, or removal of the church from the earth.
There are differing conjectures on the timing of this event, and some believe there will be no "rapture" of the church at all. Then there is the belief that a central figure, person or organization (antichrist, or maybe the beast of the book of Revelation) will come into power globally by means of presenting an answer or solution to many world problems. (I think economics will be one of the biggest.) This person or organization will demand complete allegiance from anyone who wishes to buy sell work trade, etc., and it will be difficult to survive for many without accepting this rule. Many people will be taken in by this false prophet, or whatever it turns out to be, and will be led to ruin, and perhaps eternal damnation. Mind you, I am no expert on these subjects, but it is my belief that we are probably nearing the end. It is true that people for centuries have believed they were living in the end times, but only fairly recently in world history, has the technology existed for people anywhere in the world to see events happening in real time simultaneously, or for one person to address everyone in the world at the same time. Both of which are probably necessary for some of the prophecies in the book of Revelation to occur.
There are many more persons in this forum who are far more knowledgeable than I am, and I hope someone will pick up on this thread and share.
Clearly, I am a Christian. I will continue to believe, partly because I was raised that way, and, I believe that Yeshua died to pay for my transgressions, and in Him, I have eternal life. My faith gives me strength, hope, and it helps me to be a better person. Besides, if I am wrong, I've lost nothing, but if I am right, (I'm convinced that I am), then I have gained everything. Of course, as has been pointed out already, no one can be sure when, so the best thing is to be ready...

The Horned God
Friday, May 4th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Why would any rational person in the 21st century believe in such a concept as the "end times"?

Just because it is mentioned in the Bible? The bible is not exactly the most reliable source of factual information. Therefore why should you believe that anything it says is necessarily correct? There is no reason to suppose that the men who wrote the bible thousands of years ago had access to any information that the scientists today don't have.

On the other-hand there is every reason to suppose that the biblical authors were simply retelling the myths and fables that were popular in their culture at the time of writing.

One example of this is the book of revelation, which reads like a report of an LSD trip. It's certainly not something any educated person of today needs to look to for information on what might or might not happen in the future.

DevZeBeserker
Tuesday, June 12th, 2012, 04:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUbQBtKcvcY

Obama declares himself god ^.

"On Sunday March 21, 2010 the Senate Healthcare bill HR3200 was passed and signed into law the following Tuesday. Like I said before, there are a legion of horrible and just plain evil aspects to this bill and I’m sure you’ve heard a lot them by now. I don’t want to discount them but what cannot be missed here is this new law now opens a prophetic door on a magnitude not seen since the reformation of Israel.

This new law requires an RFID chip implanted in all of us. This chip will not only contain your personal information with tracking capability but it will also be linked to your bank account. And get this, Page 1004 of the new law (dictating the timing of this chip), reads, and I quote: “Not later than 36 months after the date of the enactment”. It is now the law of the land that by March 23rd 2013 we will all be required to have an RFID chip underneath our skin and this chip will be link to our bank accounts as well as have our personal records and tracking capability built into it."

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a MARK in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the MARK, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. Rev. 13:16-18

Sefo
Wednesday, June 13th, 2012, 12:13 AM
^^ It astounds me that anybody who ls a sane, rational person could believe any of what you just wrote... :|

When are people going to start actually thinking for themselves...

Järnsida
Wednesday, June 13th, 2012, 12:51 AM
"On Sunday March 21, 2010 the Senate Healthcare bill HR3200 was passed and signed into law the following Tuesday. Like I said before, there are a legion of horrible and just plain evil aspects to this bill and I’m sure you’ve heard a lot them by now. I don’t want to discount them but what cannot be missed here is this new law now opens a prophetic door on a magnitude not seen since the reformation of Israel.

This new law requires an RFID chip implanted in all of us. This chip will not only contain your personal information with tracking capability but it will also be linked to your bank account. And get this, Page 1004 of the new law (dictating the timing of this chip), reads, and I quote: “Not later than 36 months after the date of the enactment”. It is now the law of the land that by March 23rd 2013 we will all be required to have an RFID chip underneath our skin and this chip will be link to our bank accounts as well as have our personal records and tracking capability built into it."
Fortunately this seemed too much to be true. See here: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-111hr3200ih/pdf/BILLS-111hr3200ih.pdf

It seems like it's only for medical purposes and voluntary?