PDA

View Full Version : Question for Staff: Why Has My Picture Been Removed?

Huzar
Thursday, February 24th, 2005, 06:34 PM
The image i posted under my seignature (Red Army officer) has been removed from staff. Why ?:( cause technical reasons ? I've broken some rule ? Answer me, please.

Huzar
Thursday, February 24th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Why ?

Prussian
Thursday, February 24th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Why ?I actually have no idea as to who did it but I have an idea why. It is most likely due to it's soviet undertones & of course it strikes up bitter emotions among Germans due to the Mass campaign of rape the Red Army carried out upon German women towards the end of the Second World war & shortly there after.

Staff actually have the means to edit & alter Avatars/Signatures if they are interpreted as not being ideal for the orientation of the forum.

I hope that answers your question to some degree. Best alternative I can think of, is to choose another signature that does not have Soviet themes.:)

Allenson
Thursday, February 24th, 2005, 09:15 PM
I can't say that I know anything on the matter.... Sorry. Perhaps the answer will turn up though. Aye.

Huzar
Thursday, February 24th, 2005, 09:19 PM
I actually have no idea as to who did it but I have an idea why. It is most likely due to it's soviet undertones & of course it strikes up bitter emotions among Germans due to the Mass campaign of rape the Red Army carried out upon German women towards the end of the Second World war & shortly there after.

Staff actually have the means to edit & alter Avatars/Signatures if they are interpreted as not being ideal for the orientation of the forum.

I hope that answers your question to some degree. Best alternative I can think of, is to choose another signature that does not have Soviet themes.:)
I understand perfectly.If it's so, i'll change the symbol; But i must say that it wasn't a provocation (for me at least). I'm NOT communist, neither i deny red army crimes. i'm simply fascinated by soviet/russian uniforms from an esthetic point of view. they remember to me uniforms of world war 2. The symbol of last "empire" on european continent in e certain sense......... an "heretic" symbol of power for white race. However , if hurts someone, i apologize. I'll choose another.

Thank for the answer Prussian.

Prussian
Thursday, February 24th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Thank for the answer Prussian.Don't mention it. You're perfectly welcome.