PDA

View Full Version : I am the Black Wizards

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Saturday, June 14th, 2003, 10:38 PM
There are three kinds of people in the world: Those who love black metal, those who are scared of it, and those who find it funny.

DISCUSS.

:whip

cosmocreator
Saturday, June 14th, 2003, 10:54 PM
I am of the 4th kind.:AWW

Conquistador
Sunday, June 15th, 2003, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Vanessa
There are three kinds of people in the world: Those who love black metal, those who are scared of it, and those who find it funny.

DISCUSS.

:whip

Vanessa, you're scaring me.... :erm

Grimr
Sunday, June 15th, 2003, 12:43 PM
Those who love black metal, those who are scared of it, and those who find it funny.

How can you be scared of any type of music, unless of corse you are a Jew in which case you would probably run away from people when they start humming the Valkyrie.

It must be one of the effects of the most awful Holocaust; any type of culture traumatizes Jews! I guarantee you if you go up to a Jew and start talking about Richard Wagner they burst in to tears, it’s a shame the Jewish community cannot appreciate such things as Parsifal or the ring cycle.
x_rofl

Tryggvi
Sunday, June 15th, 2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Prospero
It’s a shame the Jewish community cannot appreciate such things as Parsifal or the ring cycle.
x_rofl It's also a shame that Adolf Hitler had banned performances of Parsifal and complete performances of the Ring.

Grimr
Sunday, June 15th, 2003, 01:39 PM
He did? Why?

Tryggvi
Sunday, June 15th, 2003, 04:45 PM
He did? Why? Have you ever seen a dictator giving reasons for his cultural rape other than propaganda or fallacious stupidity, if any at all? The 1942 ban of fraktur and kurrent, the traditional German ways to write that had developed with and supported the language for centuries and which were uniquely suited to express it, comes into mind, too..

The reason for prohibiting the performance of the above-mentioned operas was that he and his party officials deemed us too silly to form our own picture about them and the messages and ideas they convey. Fortunately, the Führer, being more intelligent and educated than everyone of us, and having a patent on the truth, recognized the danger and protected us from being mislead.

Some speculations on the considerations that lead to the ban of Parsifal here:
http://home.c2i.net/monsalvat/banned.htm

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Sunday, June 15th, 2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Conquistador
Vanessa, you're scaring me.... :erm

good :evilgrin that's not all I have in store for you! :uriel
The demons will come in three nights and the planets shall align in such a way as all their negative energy is focused towards you. The waters of the Earth shall be still that night. The wolves will not howle, nor will the birds fly. All shall be still....all but the indescribable feeling flowing through your blood...and with a surge of energy thou shalt be enveloped with a sense of power you have never known before, nor ever will again. Use it wisely.

So my prophecy is that you have a very Epic night ahead of you :D

:knight

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Sunday, June 15th, 2003, 08:30 PM
Prospero, people can be "scared" of a type of music. Some people are scared of the image, or in the case of black metal the history behind it (church burnings, murder)...or they can just think they dress scary :D

But I was just wondering if there are more kinds of people in this world, if you are defining them through their attitudes to black metal. Perhaps there should be a seperate category for those who just plain hate it, or those who are indifferent (though I think everyone has to have some sort of reaction to something)

DISCUSS

:behead

Grimr
Sunday, June 15th, 2003, 08:39 PM
Church burnings have nothing to do with black metal people just want to light up their lives.

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, June 15th, 2003, 08:42 PM
I hate most of it.

Grimr
Sunday, June 15th, 2003, 08:53 PM
What about Blind gaurdian? Nobody can say they hate them.

cosmocreator
Sunday, June 15th, 2003, 09:14 PM
Perhaps there should be a seperate category for those who just plain hate it, or those who are indifferent (though I think everyone has to have some sort of reaction to something)

Would depend on my mood. Sometimes I'd love it, other times I'd just want quiet, total quiet.

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Sunday, June 15th, 2003, 09:20 PM

HAHAHAHA I'm pretty sure there are people who do!!

Grimr
Sunday, June 15th, 2003, 09:30 PM
Who could hate a band that made a song about lord of the rings?

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Sunday, June 15th, 2003, 09:31 PM
Who could hate a band that made a song about lord of the rings?

"A" song? They are total Tolkien based! There are people in this world who find that very, ridiculously cheesey! x_hehe

Grimr
Sunday, June 15th, 2003, 09:35 PM
Name a better band then?:dot

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Sunday, June 15th, 2003, 09:45 PM
I am partial to Graveland or Emperor myself :D Or Honor, though they are not black metal, just have an influence of it in their music. There are tons of great bands out there!

Grimr
Sunday, June 15th, 2003, 09:53 PM
Whats your opinion on Ian stewart?

Scáthach
Sunday, June 15th, 2003, 10:11 PM
emperor,anata,nagelfar,burzum,bathory,ma rduk,nile,cruachan and darkmoon arent bad either.just a random list i guess,but listen to neil young! oh man what a guitarist!!! WOW. [Seriously get 'everybody knows this is nowhere',his debut album from 1969.again WOW]

Noddy
Sunday, June 15th, 2003, 10:25 PM
I grew up with Neil Young :D

Scáthach
Sunday, June 15th, 2003, 10:29 PM
lucky you ;)
he is so great! he just played a couple of gigs here - the tickets sold out within 5 minutes,i didnt get one :amok

Conquistador
Sunday, June 15th, 2003, 11:58 PM
good :evilgrin that's not all I have in store for you! :uriel
The demons will come in three nights and the planets shall align in such a way as all their negative energy is focused towards you. The waters of the Earth shall be still that night. The wolves will not howle, nor will the birds fly. All shall be still....all but the indescribable feeling flowing through your blood...and with a surge of energy thou shalt be enveloped with a sense of power you have never known before, nor ever will again. Use it wisely.

So my prophecy is that you have a very Epic night ahead of you :D

:knight

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!...I mean YESSSSSSSSS.....wait....I meant NOOOOOOOOOO.......AHHHHHHHH I'M CONFUSED!!!!!!! *runs and hides under the blankets scared stiff*

Azdaja
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 12:39 AM
I have not heard much of this type of music, but the little I have heard sounded like an audible rendition of the biological processes responsible for mental retardation. People with no musical talent screaming about self-mutilation and necrophilia.
These 'artists' should have their tongues ripped out as punishment for doing the vocal equivalent of taking a sh*t in my ears. Actually they'd probably sound better without tongues, so scratch that idea.
Since so many of these genetic throwbacks seem to love 'the Devil', why don't they all do the world a favour and go to hell? The quickest way there is a bullet through the head.

Is there such a thing as black metal performed by people with actual musical talent who sing about things other than sexual perversion, murder, and satan? If so, recommend some for me (and anyone else who may be interested, of course). I'll have a listen and see if it sounds any better than the little I've been exposed to.

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 01:32 AM
Since so many of these genetic throwbacks seem to love 'the Devil', why don't they all do the world a favour and go to hell? The quickest way there is a bullet through the head.

Many of them did, and one in particular I can think of through that very method!

Is there such a thing as black metal performed by people with actual musical talent who sing about things other than sexual perversion, murder, and satan? If so, recommend some for me (and anyone else who may be interested, of course). I'll have a listen and see if it sounds any better than the little I've been exposed to.

Yes, check out Emperor for start. You have to have a lot of talent to play black metal...can you play guitar that fast or scream/sing like that?! HMM? NO??? thought so! lol You have to have a certain mentality to be into this music...an extreme one I guess! :D First time I heard it I didnt care for it at all....but once you become into it you start to pick up on the composition of the songs and you start to notice a lot of it is like classical music played loud and fast.

Of course, I also like some of the bands that sing harsh lyrics about satan, sexual perversion, or murder. But I guess to each their own x_hehe

Ewergrin
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 02:12 AM

Actually, I can.

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by kriegsmaschine
Actually, I can.

x_hehe I was waiting for someone to say that, and I figured it would most likely be you LOL

Ewergrin
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Azdaja

Definitely.
Taake comes to mind first. probably my favorite true black metal band. very FOLK influenced. Arckanum is great though I dont think that Shamantee (ex Grotesque) is doing that project anymore. Trelldom released a wonderful cd called Til et Annet that featured Ghaal on vocals, though I am not sure if that was a project or not. For those who like Emperors talent but hate their concept and stupid image (I am one of those people), check out Nokturnul Mortum (there is also a much different side project from that band called Aryan Terrorism which is GREAT). NM are musically very similar to Emperor, but with NS concepts.

Ewergrin
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Scathach
emperor,anata,nagelfar,burzum,bathory,ma rduk,nile,cruachan and darkmoon arent bad either.just a random list i guess,but listen to neil young! oh man what a guitarist!!! WOW. [Seriously get 'everybody knows this is nowhere',his debut album from 1969.again WOW]

Ho could I forget Nagelfar. Excellently executed BM from Deutschland.

Marduk - musically are really good, and I love all of the Vlad Tepes infatuation. However, they say 'satan" waaaayyy too many times for me to take seriously.

Azdaja
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 02:25 AM
Yes, check out Emperor for start. You have to have a lot of talent to play black metal...can you play guitar that fast

I guess it depends on what your definition of 'play' is. Can I just strike a bunch of chords at random really fast? Yeah.

or scream/sing like that?!

I'm sure I could. It takes absolutely no talent.

You have to have a certain mentality to be into this music...an extreme one I guess!

I'd say a diseased one. This is the kind of crap we should be fighting.
What happened to actual MUSIC? Don't people listen to that anymore?

Ewergrin
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 02:25 AM
x_hehe I was waiting for someone to say that, and I figured it would most likely be you LOL

I have almost zero tolerance for that kind of crap. Metal Blade (for many many many reasons besides this one) should crumble to the ground for all of the musical feces it has forcefed the metal underground since its inception. And, as ever trendhopping as it is, has of late decided to release album after album of Blind Guardian/Hammerfall/Helloween type homosexuality upon the metal underground.

Azdaja
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 02:27 AM
Definitely.
Taake comes to mind first. probably my favorite true black metal band. very FOLK influenced. Arckanum is great though I dont think that Shamantee (ex Grotesque) is doing that project anymore. Trelldom released a wonderful cd called Til et Annet that featured Ghaal on vocals, though I am not sure if that was a project or not. For those who like Emperors talent but hate their concept and stupid image (I am one of those people), check out Nokturnul Mortum (there is also a much different side project from that band called Aryan Terrorism which is GREAT). NM are musically very similar to Emperor, but with NS concepts.

Ok awesome. This is exactly what I was hoping for. Can you find any of this stuff in stores, or am I going to need to download it?
NorthStar gave me a list of bands he felt were 'volkish', but I could not find any of them anywhere!

Ewergrin
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 02:29 AM
I guess it depends on what your definition of 'play' is. Can I just strike a bunch of chords at random really fast? Yeah.

I'm sure I could. It takes absolutely no talent.

Record some samples, since you know how easy it is, and we'll judge them.

We should be fighting aggressive, pro-white/european music?
Opinions are like *******s, everyone has them and they all stink.

Ewergrin
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 02:32 AM
Ok awesome. This is exactly what I was hoping for. Can you find any of this stuff in stores, or am I going to need to download it?
NorthStar gave me a list of bands he felt were 'volkish', but I could not find any of them anywhere!

Check resistance.com, vinlandwinds.com, thepaganfront.com
Also, you may want to check lostdisciple.com, redstream.org

You may have luk downlading mp3s to sample some of this stuff, though places like Kazaa will not have much.
Soulseek should have tons, however.

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 02:34 AM

I guess I'm diseased :rolleyes: I listen to all types of music. But I dont see why black metal should be the type of thing we should be fighting.

For those who like Emperors talent but hate their concept and stupid image (I am one of those people), check out Nokturnul Mortum (there is also a much different side project from that band called Aryan Terrorism which is GREAT). NM are musically very similar to Emperor, but with NS concepts.

I think I will check them out for sure. Maybe my bf has played them for me before, but I have no idea LOL How do you keep track of all these bands? You are a metal library! :D

Ewergrin
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 02:36 AM

I guess I'm diseased :rolleyes: I listen to all types of music. But I dont see why black metal should be the type of thing we should be fighting.

For those who like Emperors talent but hate their concept and stupid image (I am one of those people), check out Nokturnul Mortum (there is also a much different side project from that band called Aryan Terrorism which is GREAT). NM are musically very similar to Emperor, but with NS concepts.

I think I will check them out for sure. Maybe my bf has played them for me before, but I have no idea LOL How do you keep track of all these bands? You are a metal library! :D

Thanks. I try.:)

Azdaja
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 02:41 AM
Record some samples, since you know how easy it is, and we'll judge them.

You did read the part of my earlier post where I said I have not heard much of this type of music at all, right?
Ok, good.

We should be fighting aggressive, pro-white/european music?

If it consists of screaming chaos, yes. That is not art. It's crap.
Should I lie and say that "The Turner Diaries" was a great book with deep character development, just because it was 'pro-white'?

Opinions are like *******s, everyone has them and they all stink.

Could not agree more.

Azdaja
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 02:52 AM

Of course not.
Weren't you also the person who said that it was OK for 'white nationalists' to watch TV because they could 'filter out' the egalitarian propaganda?
If you do not understand why indulging in pop-culture is counterproductive, you will not understand why disharmonious chaos masquerading as music is something to be fought.

NOTE FOR SLOW PEOPLE: I am basing my views of black metal on the admittedly LITTLE I have heard. I mentioned this before but some failed to comprehend, so I am restating it now.

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 03:31 AM
Of course not.
Weren't you also the person who said that it was OK for 'white nationalists' to watch TV because they could 'filter out' the egalitarian propaganda?
If you do not understand why indulging in pop-culture is counterproductive, you will not understand why disharmonious chaos masquerading as music is something to be fought.

It sounds like something I would say, though I don't know how long ago! Indulging in "pop-culture" is entertainment for me. Is entertainment necessarily counterproductive? So I shouldn't watch the movies I like and not listen to the kind of music I like?

You should keep in mind that it is YOUR opinion that black metal is "masquerading as music". To others it is good music. What do you listen to, anyway? I hope you only listen to classical and folk, and not that evil rock and roll!

I guess I don't understand how it can be counterproductive, but mostly because you haven't even explained it to me. I also don't understand how you can be libertarian about something like drugs, but have such a strict attitude about music. So popping E once in a blue is OK, but black metal is bad because it hurts your ears??

But like you said, you don't know much about the genre of music. There are lots of bands who's message isn't "rape and murder in the name of Satan"! :ultrawink

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 03:44 AM
Here are some Graveland lyrics I really like...

You who have become the legend! I summon you mighty warriors!
Your power,honour and pride Shall encourage all of us.
The same blood runs in our veins.
But our brothers' minds are poisoned.
Their spirit should be purified.
Enemies' temples burnt to the ground...
We raise the swords and start new war Against the plague of foreign Gods.
Fidelity and pagan pride Will lead us to the final glory!
Nothing can deafen voice of blood.
Instinct decodes every lie.
Strong arms will soon throw down the chains
And bring the lost dignity back...
Let's raise the swords forged in blood Together with forefathers'
ghosts.
Invisible astral power Shall turn us into cruel beasts.
Immortal are the ideals for which we fight and proudly die.
There is a flameof heritage, that every man has to protect.
We are the last bastion of truth.
Those who have never betrayed their roots.
The heathen fire of our hearts
Can only raise but never go out!
We take an oath on our swords
To raise them when it's time to fight.
When alien offend our faith.
And spit on forefathers' grave...
Lyrics by: Capricornus 12/'96

Sigrun Christianson
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 03:53 AM
I heard one song by Death in June and one by Type O Negative that I liked. I'm not sure, but I believe that they are considered Black Metal. I really wouldn't know. As for the entire genre, I wouldn't miss it if it disappeared forever.

I also love many different types of music, but Black Metal isn't one of them. Black Metal is right up there with Rap on my list of favorite music. Speed Metal, on the other hand, I like.

I guess I'm just getting too old for this stuff. I prefer CCR and Van Morrison.

-Sig

Scáthach
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 03:41 PM

yes,yes, sounds like you could do with some neil young or fairport convention! ah folk music...so under rated! :(
nonetheless,emperor are amazing!

Azdaja
Tuesday, June 17th, 2003, 09:24 PM
It sounds like something I would say, though I don't know how long ago! Indulging in "pop-culture" is entertainment for me. Is entertainment necessarily counterproductive?

I just don't see the point in racialists embracing negro-inspired 'art-forms', and jewish-controlled forms of 'entertainment'. This, to me, is counterproductive.

So I shouldn't watch the movies I like and not listen to the kind of music I like?

Correct. Unless you enjoy being a hypocrite.

You should keep in mind that it is YOUR opinion that black metal is "masquerading as music". To others it is good music. What do you listen to, anyway? I hope you only listen to classical and folk, and not that evil rock and roll!

I do not listen to much music, honestly. No, I am not a fan of 'rock and roll' though a few 'rock' (or 'rock inspired) bands strike a chord in me, namely 'Pink Floyd' and 'The Cure'.
Even with these bands, though, I am very picky as to what I like.

I mainly enjoy 'mood music' and 'trance music'. Some folk music is ok as well.

I guess I don't understand how it can be counterproductive, but mostly because you haven't even explained it to me.

See above.

I also don't understand how you can be libertarian about something like drugs, but have such a strict attitude about music. So popping E once in a blue is OK,

They are two different topics.
Why should my attitude towards music be anywhere close to my attitude towards (VERY moderate and responsible) drug use?
My reasons for having used E and my reasons for disliking pop-culture have nothing to do with each other.
You're falling into the trap of Von Braun, assuming that since I condone (again - very moderate and responsible) drug use, I therefore must be a 'punk' or 'goth' or some other cultural excrescence squeezed from the a*s of mainstream society, ready to embrace whatever freakish parody of art arises from the diseased psyches of these spiritual lepers.

Well..I'm not.

but black metal is bad because it hurts your ears??

That, and because it is just noise without a soul.

But like you said, you don't know much about the genre of music.

This is true.

There are lots of bands who's message isn't "rape and murder in the name of Satan"! :ultrawink

This is good to hear. I still have a list Northstar made for me, and I keep trying to find some of the CDs to listen to (my computer has no sound, so downloading songs is out of the question).
I really do hope some of this is good stuff. I guess I'll know at some point.

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Tuesday, June 17th, 2003, 10:07 PM
I just don't see the point in racialists embracing negro-inspired 'art-forms', and jewish-controlled forms of 'entertainment'. This, to me, is counterproductive.

Well that's your opinion. Does being a racialist mean you can only do/enjoy something if it's Aryan? I guess it's counterproductive to eat sushi as well. But I see where you are coming from with movies and entertainment, and to an extent I agree.

As to it being negro art-forms, well I have to disagree. It is far removed from blues or jazz, etc. It's like the out of Africa theory, except for music :ultrawink Also, they didn't invent the guitar, but if they did -so what? It's a great invention! I don't feel the need to purge my life of everything non-European.

Correct. Unless you enjoy being a hypocrite.

That does not necessarily make me a hypocrite. I do not have the same beliefs as you, maybe you would be a hypocrite feeling the way you do about movies, etc, yet still watching them, but that does not make me the same way at all.

You're falling into the trap of Von Braun, assuming that since I condone (again - very moderate and responsible) drug use, I therefore must be a 'punk' or 'goth' or some other cultural excrescence squeezed from the a*s of mainstream society, ready to embrace whatever freakish parody of art arises from the diseased psyches of these spiritual lepers.

I did not assume that you are punk or goth or anything. But you are right, how you feel about drugs and music are two different things. I guess I just found it strange that you would be liberal towards drugs but have this opinion on music, thats all, which was wrong.

That, and because it is just noise without a soul.

Ok, I could go on and on forever about how I feel that statement is so wrong. But I won't because you don't know what you are talking about. I'm not trying to make you like this music, I just think you have many misconceptions about it. On one hand you admit you don't know much about it, and then you make bold statements like that! Have you walked through the park late at night when the moon is out listening to Graveland? In me this music invokes emotion and soul, it may not for you, and that's fine. Just don't tell me it's noise without soul, that is something totally personal! You are a spirituality dictator! LOL :D

I really do hope some of this is good stuff. I guess I'll know at some point.

I guess you will have to see for yourself.

Scáthach
Wednesday, June 18th, 2003, 01:08 PM
hehe all i can say is this is a silly argument BECAUSE asdaja likes the cure!one of the most perfect bands to ever have emerged-simon gallup being the reason i picked up a bass :D i dont know if this is relevant at all but they did have a black drummer for a time in the mid 80's,andy something.cant say that bothers me though.i believe it was around the time of ''the top'',ill check that out.pornography and faith are unbelieveable albums! oh yeah,my point the cure are great :D
i think everyone should download some steeleye span btw,it would be very beneficial to EVERYONE :D

Tryggvi
Wednesday, June 18th, 2003, 01:25 PM
The Cure belongs to the best bands of all times. ;)

Scáthach
Wednesday, June 18th, 2003, 01:29 PM
oh dont get me started Tryggvi! im still waiting,not so patiently now,for them to get over here and play a gig! Smith is only from Crawley,he should be able to get over here :D

Sigrun Christianson
Wednesday, June 18th, 2003, 01:58 PM
I feel so old.

Tryggvi
Wednesday, June 18th, 2003, 08:44 PM
oh dont get me started Thorburn! im still waiting,not so patiently now,for them to get over here and play a gig! Smith is only from Crawley,he should be able to get over here :D I was lucky enough to see them perform live once in my life time, thus I have not lived in vain. Once is really a lot to me, as I hardly ever go to concerts (other than classical music), but I would have loved to see them on their last tour. Unfortunately, fate prevented it. ;)

Did you ever listen into Smith's 1983 side project 'Blue Sunshine'?

PS. Get started. Finally, a good band discussed. If I could take only the music of one modern band onto this imaginary island, then it would be The Cure, and I wouldn't even have to think about it. ;)

Scáthach
Wednesday, June 18th, 2003, 09:56 PM
blue sunshine? do you mean the album by The Glove,the band which had robert smith and steve severin in it? (siouxsie and the banshees) if so,i managed to get it on vinyl a couple of years ago, i love it! its so weird and different :) i actually decorated one of my guitars last year with very weird lines from the songs on that...i was bored and it looks odd but I like it!
do you like the smiths? im a bit of a morrissey and smiths obsessive! i got to see Morrissey in october,it was brilliant - so brilliant that i nearly fell off the balcony to my death throughout the night :D
im still hoping ill get to see the cure one day.....i remember reading Robert Smith saying that if they broke up they wouldnt say it publically,they would just disappear-im always worried they'll do that and i'll NEVER get to see them in action :eek:

NatRev
Wednesday, June 18th, 2003, 11:27 PM
Damn, all this Goth chatting makes me wanna put on some Bauhaus or Nephilim......

oh how the years have flown by......

:dance

Mind you, Headhunter is still one of my all time favourite tunes but that's more industrial-EBM than Goth

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Wednesday, June 18th, 2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Jotunheim
Damn, all this Goth chatting makes me wanna put on some Bauhaus or Nephilim......

Now that you mention it, I'm going to put on some Bauhaus myself actually!

Hello and welcome to Sprockets! I am Dieter, and this is Klaus!

And now, we dance! :AWW I'm as happy as a little girl!

x_rofl

Ewergrin
Thursday, June 19th, 2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Tryggvi
I was lucky enough to see them perform live once in my life time, thus I have not lived in vain. Once is really a lot to me, as I hardly ever go to concerts (other than classical music), but I would have loved to see them on their last tour. Unfortunately, fate prevented it. ;)

Did you ever listen into Smith's 1983 side project 'Blue Sunshine'?

PS. Get started. Finally, a good band discussed. If I could take only the music of one modern band onto this imaginary island, then it would be The Cure, and I wouldn't even have to think about it. ;)
In 1996, I was dragged, kicking and screaming, to a live The Cure concert. Most boring and quiet concert I have ever been to. I guess I just dont get it.

Tryggvi
Friday, June 20th, 2003, 03:04 PM
blue sunshine? do you mean the album by The Glove,the band which had robert smith and steve severin in it? (siouxsie and the banshees)Yes, The Glove was the name of their side-project; I am glad they finally got it recorded. ;)

do you like the smiths?Absolutely, The Smiths are also awesome, and so are The Clash.

As it was mentioned, I also listen(ed) a lot to Bauhaus. She's in Parties evokes many old memories.

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Friday, June 20th, 2003, 03:39 PM
If I knew this thread was going to get so long, I would not have started it off so strangely :erm x_hehe

Scáthach
Friday, June 20th, 2003, 07:37 PM
i love the smiths,as ive said perhaps too much....!
i have all round weird taste from black metal to folk to the cure (i never know how to class them,they arent really goth,or rock and 2 imaginary boys is pure pop excellence really)
ever hear their ''foxy lady'' cover?
classic!

Tryggvi
Saturday, June 21st, 2003, 02:07 AM
ever hear their ''foxy lady'' cover?
classic! Yes, it's great … On a side note, I think (hope) that my collection of The Cure covers is rather complete, too. I succeeded to dig out most of their old demos, too — all but one I think? I would have to have a look ... but it was really worth it ... "Desperate Journalist", for example, is better than the release i. m. h. o.

I listen to almost all musical genres, as long as the songs are good, artistic, of quality. There is hardly any genre or category, of which I wouldn't like at least two or three songs. My preferences probably are (were) on independent, underground, goth, punk, metal (heavy/speed), progressive metal, and then, of course, classical and contemporary classical music (ranking on top). The least I can identify with blues, jazz, rap, rave, techno, &c. — Not too much with volksmusik and marschmusik either.

Stríbog
Saturday, June 21st, 2003, 02:14 AM
The Cure never really appealed to me. Does anyone else here like AC/DC??? :thumb

Evolved
Saturday, June 21st, 2003, 05:18 AM
Black metal might be good to listen to if I'm constipated. :poo poo
Rock music turned to absolute poopoo after the 1970's, with a few exceptions here and there. But hair bands, glam rock? - all those androgynous men and the women who loved them... :headbang :crazy

Tryggvi
Saturday, June 21st, 2003, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by Fionn mac Cumhaill
The Cure never really appealed to me. Does anyone else here like AC/DC??? :thumb Of course. ;)

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Saturday, June 21st, 2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Thorburn
Of course. ;)I second that! :D

Phlegethon
Saturday, June 21st, 2003, 10:59 PM
The Cure never really appealed to me. Does anyone else here like AC/DC??? :thumb

Yep. They opened for the Rolling Stones here last week. And it was my understanding that a majority of the audience came because of AC/DC. Mick Jagger is really getting old and Keith Richard looks like his own grampa. He has to screw on his hat.

Ewergrin
Monday, June 23rd, 2003, 02:32 AM

I dont.

Scáthach
Monday, June 23rd, 2003, 09:09 PM
me neither.i do like the stones though :)

PlanDreaM
Wednesday, July 2nd, 2003, 11:56 PM
i am in black metal for quite a lot of time.it is not 'fun'' anymore...you can find NS , pagan and anything else.its not bad music either , there are fantastic black metal bands.buy fiendish nymph(hellenic band with ancient hellenic instruments in the last album) and kawir(another hellenic band.i have 2 bands too...wait for six months and youll listen what i have to say.

Aryan NS
Wednesday, July 9th, 2003, 02:03 AM
I love all types of black metal/ death metal. But sometimes i want nothing more than just some old school pink floyd :clap :roll :tong :bunny :lol :retard

PlanDreaM
Wednesday, July 9th, 2003, 11:51 AM
Sure.Pink Floyd rule.They are one of my favrite bands...Shine on you crazy diamond.....