PDA

View Full Version : Napoleonic Era: General Comments

Huzar
Friday, February 18th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Napoleon was of course an historical phenomenon, who charachterized strongly all the subsequent two centuries, insted his direct defeat; during 20 years of power (1795-1815) he changed the history of European continent and of the entire world.

Although he was defeated definetly at waterloo in 1815 and his biggest dreams disappeared.

What if he would had won the war ? It's the most interesting "if" of 19th century, surely even more important than american civil war (in the complex, napoleonic wars were the biggest and bloodiest of all 19th century).

I find this age very fascinating and i believe it, fundamental for white race development. We could to discover main traits of this age its particularities of any kind, and most important to comment the MAJOR BATTLES of the "little Corsican", real military genius of his romantic era.

https://forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=112846&stc=1&d=1485400643

der Eiserne Adler
Thursday, March 17th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Napoleon let the jews out of the ghettos and caused the borders of the Kingdom of Prussia to retreat back east, following the third and final partition of Poland in 1795, Warsaw itself was actually within the borders of Prussia, of course that only lasted for a few years...

As a side note, I have always wondered, and I always see it the same way without exception, what is so special about the word 'historic' that 'an' rather than 'a' is always used in front of it; that breaks a basic law of the English language which provides that 'a' is used before words begining with a consonant and 'an' before words begining with a vowel? I have ONLY seen that rule broken, but broken consistantly, in front of that one word.

Huzar
Thursday, March 17th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Napoleon let the jews out of the ghettos and caused the borders of the Kingdom of Prussia to retreat back east, following the third and final partition of Poland in 1795, Warsaw itself was actually within the borders of Prussia, of course that only lasted for a few years...

As a side note, I have always wondered, and I always see it the same way without exception, what is so special about the word 'historic' that 'an' rather than 'a' is always used in front of it; that breaks a basic law of the English language which provides that 'a' is used before words begining with a consonant and 'an' before words begining with a vowel? I have ONLY seen that rule broken, but broken consistantly, in front of that one word.

Perhaps you're right. Napoleon was not the best friends of german state. Although this i see the France , the GREAT FRANCE , with his nationalism and his excellent military tradition, a secular product of an originary ancient germanic cultural colonization. Afterall, the beginning of french state, is collocated after the fall of roman empire, in the crucial moment of Frankish-germanic invasion. Frankish tribes, gave the name to the new nation (instead the old romance name, Gallia) and created the principal secular institutions like monarchy and noble-class. Besides they built the new capital, Paris, in north of the territory(until that moment a medim commercial centre). Perhaps is abit heretical, but i consider Franch state, in terms of basilar structures a product of germanic civilization (of course mixed with Celtic and romance substratum). Napoleonic ERA is one of the most important moments of french, and european history, so ,i believe rather important to know those events. However, thanks. You're the first who post here;) .

NOTE : yes, i 've used "an" rather "a" before a word beginning with a consonant:P an absent-minded moment. Excuse me, i'm not english/american/australian like the majority here. (thanks for grammar lesson ;) )

der Eiserne Adler
Thursday, March 17th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Historical accounts of the ill-fated French assault on Russia in 1812 were influential even on a day to day basis among specific field commanders among the Germans in 1941. It is interesting to note that the French and the Germans both captured Vilna on the 24th June.

NOTE : yes, i 've used "an" rather "a" before a word beginning with a consonant:P an absent-minded moment. Excuse me, i'm not english/american/australian like the majority here. (thanks for grammar lesson ;) )

It is interesting that you note that this was a mistake, because I see 'an' in front of 'historic' in books and articles all the time.