PDA

View Full Version : How British Are You ?

Odin Biggles
Tuesday, February 15th, 2005, 02:01 PM
http://darrenlondon.tripod.com/britquiz1.htm

"I am 75% British :-O, just like Michael Caine
you know your way around London you are most likely to retire to the West Coast of the USA" But I want to live in Canada :(.

der Eiserne Adler
Tuesday, February 15th, 2005, 02:56 PM
As a funny sidenote, I have heard it joked by different people that a person's Britishness depends on whether they raise their pinkie finger when holding a teacup or not. Not haveing any British ancestry myself, I do find myself for whatever reason doeing this from time to time when holding a mug with a handle.

Mistress Klaus
Tuesday, February 15th, 2005, 04:03 PM

But I want to live in Canada :(.

I actually got the same result :D

Allenson
Tuesday, February 15th, 2005, 04:11 PM
I actually got the same result :D

Are you coming to Canada? ;)

Nordraserei
Tuesday, February 15th, 2005, 04:33 PM
I am 77.5% British, just like Michael Caine Though you know your way around London you are most likely to retire to the West Coast of the USA.

Drömmarnas Stig
Tuesday, February 15th, 2005, 06:24 PM
As a funny sidenote, I have heard it joked by different people that a person's Britishness depends on whether they raise their pinkie finger when holding a teacup or not. Not haveing any British ancestry myself, I do find myself for whatever reason doeing this from time to time when holding a mug with a handle.
:D
I do that all the time, don't know why but being British is not the worst answer...

The link doesn't work on my computer, but I think I would be quite British for a German. ;)

Odin Biggles
Tuesday, February 15th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Well my ancesters did try their hardest to make the world British, just rename yourself to Gavin, Gareth, Paul, Andy, Matt, Eddie or David and call women "birds" and the waste deposit a "Toilet" and say "Im going for a dump" when telling others of going to the "Toilet" and your be more British than my old mate called Scott, yes.

Odin Biggles
Tuesday, February 15th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Are you coming to Canada? ;)
Yes.

RedJack
Tuesday, February 15th, 2005, 06:57 PM
"You are 195% British, just like Prince Charles."

:tthumbsup

Drömmarnas Stig
Tuesday, February 15th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Well my ancesters did try their hardest to make the world British, just rename yourself to Gavin, Gareth, Paul, Andy, Matt, Eddie or David and call women "birds" and the waste deposit a "Toilet" and say "Im going for a dump" when telling others of going to the "Toilet" and your be more British than my old mate called Scott, yes.
Well my ancesters did try their hardest to make the world German, just rename yourself to Heinz, Erich, Siegfried, Fritz, Wilhelm, Erwin or Jürgen and call women "Tussies" and the waste deposit a "Klo" and say "Ich geh' kacken" when telling others of going to the "Toilette" and your be more German than my old mate called Hermann, yes... :D

If I recall correctly, your celebrity match was Mike Tyson, wasn't he? ;)

Nordraserei
Tuesday, February 15th, 2005, 07:07 PM

:tthumbsup:thumbsup

Odin Biggles
Tuesday, February 15th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Well my ancesters did try their hardest to make the world German, just rename yourself to Heinz, Erich, Siegfried, Fritz, Wilhelm, Erwin or Jürgen and call women "Tussies" and the waste deposit a "Klo" and say "Ich geh' kacken" when telling others of going to the "Toilette" and your be more German than my old mate called Hermann, yes... :D
Me German ? Nevar ! :D

5-1 ;)

If I recall correctly, your celebrity match was Mike Tyson, wasn't he? ;) But Mike Tyson is British !! ;)

Odin Biggles
Tuesday, February 15th, 2005, 07:27 PM

:tthumbsup
I think the quiz is rigged..Alberta is where I want to live ! :D.

Drömmarnas Stig
Tuesday, February 15th, 2005, 07:32 PM
But Mike Tyson is British !! ;)
...as much as Lennox Lewis and the rest of the chain gang... ;)

Fraxinus Excelsior
Tuesday, February 15th, 2005, 07:32 PM
My results:
I am 87.5% British, just like Mr Bean. Shy to the point of ridicule, you've probably never been out of the UK.:-O Mr. Bean!?!?!

http://images.art.com/images/PRODUCTS/large/10030000/10030831.jpg

Odin Biggles
Tuesday, February 15th, 2005, 07:52 PM
...as much as Lennox Lewis and the rest of the chain gang... ;)
Exowakly ;).

Tripredacus
Wednesday, February 16th, 2005, 06:40 AM
I am 47.5% British, just like
Catherine Zeta Jones
A true English rose, but you know where the money is.

who? That's some actor isn't it...

shockgrrrl
Wednesday, February 16th, 2005, 07:35 AM
I am 32.5% British, just like Madonna Just as happy in LA or London. Aren't the narrow roads in the UK quaint?

Odin Biggles
Wednesday, February 16th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Aren't the narrow roads in the UK quaint?
Yes they stop people driving like foreigners :D:thumbup.

Milesian
Wednesday, February 16th, 2005, 01:37 PM
I am 47.5% British, just like
Catherine Zeta Jones
A true English rose, but you know where the money is.

Wait.....something is not quite right there :D

Odin Biggles
Wednesday, February 16th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Wait.....something is not quite right there :D
Those Welsh eh ? ;):D.

Milesian
Wednesday, February 16th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Those Welsh eh ? ;):D.

Infiltrating English society again. Be warned ;)

RedJack
Monday, February 21st, 2005, 03:45 AM
I think the quiz is rigged..Alberta is where I want to live ! :D.
Great, we could use some more good English stock here. :thumbup :D

Odin Biggles
Monday, February 21st, 2005, 03:58 AM
Great, we could use some more good English stock here. :thumbup :D
"English" yes.

"good"...well I'll let the Canadian female population find that out ! :-O:P.

I noticed you live in Alberta, I will get there one day, Canada has ALWAYS been my favourite place besides England.

Stew
Monday, February 21st, 2005, 04:02 AM

But I want to live in Canada :(.

Why on earth would you want to come to Canada. Its a Liberal cestpool.

I'm heading back to the UK as soon as I can afford to do so!

Odin Biggles
Monday, February 21st, 2005, 04:04 AM
Its a childhood thing ;), I have a huge book called "Scenic wonders of Canada" here I used to read when I was 14-15, its a beautiful country.

Besides its proclaimed as a "boring place to live" which suits me fine.

RedJack
Monday, February 21st, 2005, 04:33 AM
LOL, boring is right. Nothing historical ever happens here. It has it's advantages. :D . As for the Liberal cesspool, that's all too true. :~(

Stew
Monday, February 21st, 2005, 07:54 AM
Its a childhood thing ;), I have a huge book called "Scenic wonders of Canada" here I used to read when I was 14-15, its a beautiful country.

Besides its proclaimed as a "boring place to live" which suits me fine.

By all means come see the trees and the water, but living here and being racially aware is very tough. The anti-hate police and the far left government are difficult to stand as is the apathetic mentality of the population.

In my oppinion Scotland is far more scenic than Canada is.

I'm biased though, I really hate this country.

Odin Biggles
Monday, February 21st, 2005, 10:04 AM
I like Scotland to, plus it would mean remaining within the United Kingdom.

Arundel
Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 06:30 PM
I have always thought of myself as an American, but now I am beginning to wonder if I'm not really a misplaced english person. Why I say this, is because as I continue my genealogy research, I have learned that nearly all my ancestors came from England in the 1600's. Then after they got here they married other englishmen.
So, I believe most of my genes originated in England.
I have started a project of determining what parts of England each family came from. It is very interesting. Several of them came from Dorset, Bedfordshire, etc.
At this time I am researching my Gardners, who came from Weymouth. Weymouth has a forum which I have joined. I was impressed to learn that many Weymouth ships & men (I believe 200 ships) sailed out to meet the Spanish Armada, and even captured one of the Spanish ships. My Gardners were living there at that time, and may have seen the fleet sail out of the port. How exciting that would have been.

SaveEurope
Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 08:18 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/CaliThief/1222760479329.jpg

Leofric_Of_Mercia
Wednesday, February 4th, 2009, 01:01 PM
I am 90% British, just like
HRH Prince Charles
Though you'll never be king you certainly know where your castle is.

:D

forkbeard
Wednesday, February 4th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Prince Charles isn't British. He's half Greek.
If you had told Irish troops at Waterloo they weren't British they'd have laughed at you.
I don't know about Southern English but the average Northerner is like this dude.
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp234/wilhelmII/raystevenson.jpg

Drömmarnas Stig
Monday, February 9th, 2009, 03:16 AM
I am 75% British, just like Michael Caine. Though you know your way around London you are most likely to retire to the West Coast of the USA.