PDA

View Full Version : A Tribute: Why Redheads Should Rule the World

Nordhammer
Saturday, June 7th, 2003, 01:03 PM
Why redheads should rule the world

By Bob Phillips, Jr.
Columnist

It was suggested as a joke that I write about the benefits of giving redheads supreme political power over our planet. After storing that idea away, and hoping to think of reasons some other group should rule the world, I've got to finally admit that redheads would be good leaders.

First off, there were no redheads who screwed up this recent (or is it still on-going?) presidential election. Because there weren't any redheads directly involved, this shows that redheads are more responsible, or at least more logical, than the rest of us. Even if they're not actually better at organizational skills, redheads are at least smart enough, as a group, to keep from getting caught messing up something as big as a presidential election.

And then there was the Clinton-Lewinsky thing. No redheads involved there, either. Maybe it's because brunettes are power-hungry bimbos, or maybe it's because men from Arkansas place absolutely no value in the concept of marriage. But either way, there were no redheads involved in that political fiasco.

So we can safely assume that redheads would keep from embarrassing themselves if elected to public office. And to keep from getting yourself plastered on national newspapers anymore, that means you must be doing a good job. Only the people who make terrible mistakes on a personal level get onto the front page in modern times.

So, why would redheads make good leaders? That's simple logic. Look at a bell curve. The people at the extreme ends are either extremely good or extremely bad at whatever is being measured. Now, consider that natural redheads are terribly rare on a worldwide scale. True genius is equally rare. So, based on relative rarity, we should be able to safely assume that natural-born redheads are all very smart. And we all know that it takes a good brain to run a country, or even a whole planet.

But what about social responsibilities, you ask? It seems that more women are dying their hair a shade of red. This is to emulate the redheads who these hair-dyed women know. You try to be like someone you like, so it's reasonable to assume that redheads are well liked. Why else would so many people be dying their hair to look like a redhead? I mean, if everyone hated redheads, then no one would be dying their hair that shade.

Redheads.They're smarter than us, and nicer than us. We should just let them rule the world, so we can all be happy. And also put that stupid, "anyone can grow up to be president" myth to rest.

Loki
Saturday, June 7th, 2003, 04:36 PM
I have just returned home from a shopping spree in London. To my utter amazement, I noticed an anthropological wonder: a mixed-race pure redhead. This may sound a contradiction, but apparently it is not.

I only saw the mother and the child (a girl, I would guess age around 10). The mother was a clear black/white intermediate - probably a first generation hybrid between an English person and an African. I guess her husband was pure English, because when I saw her daughter, I was truly amazed. The girl's skin is fairer than mine, her nose and cheeks were full of freckles, and her hair a pure red, mixed with some blond strains and parts, especially at the roots and the eyebrows. Eyes were blue-greenish. Her pigmentation of skin and hair is similar to those of Julianne Moore. The only visible evidence of her Congoid ancestry was the facial features. Her nose is a certain betrayal that presents evidence of her African ancestry. And lips are full, and somewhat everted. So there you have it. I am not exaggerating. Wish I had a camera near.

The girl is probably around 75% white, 25% Congoid - assuming her mother is 50/50 and father full English. In America she would definitely pass for white, I guess :) - perhaps even be accepted at Stormfront. LOL. I have seen similar cases, but never so pronounced as this one. Her hair was as red as any redhead could wish for.

Conquistador
Saturday, June 7th, 2003, 05:53 PM
I'm not surprised. I have seen "meztisas" with red hair before; a rare occurance to say the least, but not impossible. However, it's more of a darkish color than the typical color of red one would see on whites. They need to have a certain amount of genes for red headedness from both parents in order for the hair color to be red.

Sigrun Christianson
Saturday, June 7th, 2003, 06:58 PM
Nordhammer has great taste.

Nordhammer
Saturday, June 7th, 2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Loki
I have just returned home from a shopping spree in London. To my utter amazement, I noticed an anthropological wonder: a mixed-race pure redhead. This may sound a contradiction, but apparently it is not.

I only saw the mother and the child (a girl, I would guess age around 10). The mother was a clear black/white intermediate - probably a first generation hybrid between an English person and an African. I guess her husband was pure English, because when I saw her daughter, I was truly amazed. The girl's skin is fairer than mine, her nose and cheeks were full of freckles, and her hair a pure red, mixed with some blond strains and parts, especially at the roots and the eyebrows. Eyes were blue-greenish. Her pigmentation of skin and hair is similar to those of Julianne Moore. The only visible evidence of her Congoid ancestry was the facial features. Her nose is a certain betrayal that presents evidence of her African ancestry. And lips are full, and somewhat everted. So there you have it. I am not exaggerating. Wish I had a camera near.

The girl is probably around 75% white, 25% Congoid - assuming her mother is 50/50 and father full English. In America she would definitely pass for white, I guess :) - perhaps even be accepted at Stormfront. LOL. I have seen similar cases, but never so pronounced as this one. Her hair was as red as any redhead could wish for.

Well this is a negative twist on my theme, not what I had in mind for sure.

Yes, I think it is a contradiction, the mongrel was not a pure redhead... certainly not in hair form and the color too might be different. Children, mixed race or not, will typically appear lighter and darken with age. She might not appear so reddish blond later on.

As to her or her child passing, maybe, one or both might pass in any white population, as most people don't seem very interested in race anymore. We have to be nice to everyone and never bring up taboo subjects.

On a talk show once, they had mixed race people on. One couple, a blond white male and a mulatto woman, had a child that looked purely white with blond hair. The child was maybe 2-3 years old, and I can't remember it looking Negroid at all. The mulatto woman cried when she said that people always come up to her and assume it's not her baby and ask her whose it is. lol

Nordhammer
Saturday, June 7th, 2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Conquistador
I'm not surprised. I have seen "meztisas" with red hair before; a rare occurance to say the least, but not impossible. However, it's more of a darkish color than the typical color of red one would see on whites. They need to have a certain amount of genes for red headedness from both parents in order for the hair color to be red.

Well, just make sure it's not a dye job. Plenty of women dye their hair red or blond. Usually the very fair complexion goes along with it.

Of course when I say redheads I mean the beautiful original Northern European type, such as the illustrious Lady Sigrun. :)

Loki
Saturday, June 7th, 2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Nordhammer
Well this is a negative twist on my theme, not what I had in mind for sure.

Absolutely - please accept my apologies. The experience was still fresh in my mind - I wanted to post it to the race section anyway, then saw your thread and thought I might add it here. I didn't want to contradict what you said. I am just as great a fan of redheads... I think they are lovely, and a wonder of creation (or evolution ;) ).

Yes, I think it is a contradiction, the mongrel was not a pure redhead... certainly not in hair form and the color too might be different. Children, mixed race or not, will typically appear lighter and darken with age. She might not appear so reddish blond later on.

Well, this one was one of a kind... hair form and colour was about identical to a genuine northern European redhead.

What is a pure redhead? By definition, a pure redhead is a person who has natural red hair. So this halfbreed woman was a pure redhead. Hair colour does not necessarily equate to racial purity. You get non-Nordid people who have blond hair too, for example...

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 06:45 PM
This is 'real' red hair:

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 06:46 PM
You're going to get a red hair retrospective from yours truly. :)

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 06:47 PM
Again:

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 06:49 PM
And again:

Von Braun
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 06:52 PM
Sigrun, if I was the bad man that you think I am, I would create a new account and post the versions without the black areas, which you sent me last fall. :ultrawink

But I am not like that. :)

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 06:53 PM
And again!

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 06:54 PM
If you did that, VB, you would be banned. :)

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 06:56 PM
Last one!

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 06:58 PM
No dyes, no highlights, no nada. Just my unruly red hair at various stages of life. :)

Von Braun
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 06:59 PM
Even if banishment was not a possible punishment, I would not do it because I am a kind, loving man in my interactions with racial kin. :)

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 07:01 PM
It's not like my pics are huge secret, many people have them. However, to post someone's face without their consent would be very indicative of your character. Even playfully suggesting it like you just did gives me even more insight into your character. I can't say I'm surprised.

Von Braun
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 07:13 PM
However, to post someone's face without their consent would be very indicative of your character.

I may have a temper and I may not interact with others in the best possible way in all conceivable contexts, but I am a man of honor.

Even playfully suggesting it like you just did gives me even more insight into your character.

I like interacting with my quality white peers. In fact, I think I put more value on it that the average person of our generation because of the lack of attention that I received when I was young. I thought you might like to know that since mentioning your insight into my character indicates that you like to analyze me. :)

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 08:04 PM
Can you not talk about yourself one for minute?

Von Braun
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 08:09 PM
Can you not talk about yourself one for minute?

This is the case much of the time.

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 08:17 PM
We were talking about redheads here, not YOU.

Stríbog
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 08:32 PM
I would just like to interject here and point out that gentlemen DO prefer blondes. :gift

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 08:35 PM
Sure, for about 15-20 minutes. Then they come to their post-orgasm senses and propose marriage to me. ;)

Loki
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 09:03 PM
Is that you, Sigrun?

I think you are lovely.... no... gorgeous is a better description.

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 09:13 PM
Of course it's me, and thanks, but you can't see my face so how do you know? I could have the face of Medusa under that black block. ;)

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 09:14 PM
A terribly fuzzy pic of my eyes when I just wake up. I'm still figuring out my new digicam. This camera RAWKS!

Von Braun
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 09:14 PM
We were talking about redheads here, not YOU.

I have actually been told that I have a slight red tint to my hair by some on ths board. It shows up better in my beard hair. I also have other UP features like freckles on my shoulders and upper back. We are more closely related than you may think. :gift

Conquistador
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 09:25 PM
Well, just make sure it's not a dye job. Plenty of women dye their hair red or blond. Usually the very fair complexion goes along with it.

Will do. I can usually tell if women are being truthful.

Of course when I say redheads I mean the beautiful original Northern European type, such as the illustrious Lady Sigrun. :)

ALL HAIL EMPERESS SIGRUN! OUR MOST BEAUTIFUL REDHEADED QUEEN ON EARTH! :D WE ARE AT YOUR MERCY, SIGRUN.

Nordhammer
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Fionn mac Cumhaill
I would just like to interject here and point out that gentlemen DO prefer blondes. :gift

But übermensch prefer redheads. ;) How brilliant the skin and hair, oh my!

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 09:26 PM
Seriously, this Nikon Coolpix 4500 is fabulous.

Triglav
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Fionn mac Cumhaill

Nope, buddy. The likes of me are absolutely spoony on redheads. The fiery complexion, the blazing head - that's just too much for me. Despite the dearth of redheads in my country (blond and brown predominating), the bulk of my ex girlfriends were redheads. Why? I somehow lack the ability to resist them :-/ - I was an easy prey to them, lol - and I'm not the only one.

You might just as well refrain from such audacious posts in future. No offence :). Redheads rule.

Nordhammer
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Loki
Is that you, Sigrun?

I think you are lovely.... no... gorgeous is a better description.

She is! She's beautiful in so many ways... royalty really. We're all very fortunate to have her here.

Nordhammer
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Slovenian
Nope, buddy. The likes of me are absolutely spoony on redheads. The fiery complexion, the blazing head - that's just too much for me. Despite the dearth of redheads in my country (blond and brown predominating), the bulk of my ex girlfriends were redheads. Why? I somehow lack the ability to resist them :-/ - I was an easy prey to them, lol - and I'm not the only one.

You might just as well refrain from such audacious posts in future. No offence :). Redheads rule.

All redheads are not created equal. Sigrun is the rare blonde type. Think about how rare adult blondism is, then how rare rufosity is, then how rare having both is. That's Sigrun, a real gem.

Conquistador
But übermensch prefer redheads. ;) How brilliant the skin and hair, oh my!

I have to agree. :D

Triglav
She is! She's beautiful in so many ways... royalty really. We're all very fortunate to have her here.

I had an ex who looked just like her. I must be one of the luckiest guys alive and I still don't grasp why I deserved to have such beauteous girlfriends (some). :)

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 09:39 PM
Yay! All attention on me! You all must love me! You all must think of and talk about me 24/7!

Jealous, Von Braun? ;)

Nordhammer
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 09:39 PM
I had an ex who looked just like her. I must be one of the luckiest guys alive and I still don't grasp why I deserved to have such beauteous girlfriends (some). :)

If you had that, my friend, I salute you!

I'm still waiting for my true taste of life! Nectar of the gods!

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 09:44 PM
Where's my grape-boy and fan-boy?

Von Braun
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 09:45 PM
Yay! All attention on me! You all must love me! You all must think of and talk about me 24/7!

Jealous, Von Braun?

YES! I saw you first! :amok

:)

Loki
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Sigrun
Of course it's me, and thanks, but you can't see my face so how do you know? I could have the face of Medusa under that black block. ;)

Those black blocks are not big enough to hide away your loveliness.

Nordhammer
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 09:50 PM
Where's my grape-boy and fan-boy?

Right here, madam! :)

Conquistador
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Von Braun
YES! I saw you first! :amok

:)

Silence commoner! You will not talk to your Empress like that! OFF TO THE SILVER MINES, SLAVE! :whip

Triglav
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 10:01 PM
If you had that, my friend, I salute you!

I'm still waiting for my true taste of life! Nectar of the gods!

Thank you, wise lord. I deserve that praise :). Although - you mentioned it yourself - she was red as a carrot, without the blondish tinge.

And she was shorter by 20 cm - the double of that she lacked compared to her when it comes to the IQ. One of the reasons I had to dump her. :( (beauty and intelligence are such a rare combination is what comes into my mind, sigh).

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 10:04 PM
*Sigrun annoints Conquistador her General at Arms*

Conquistador
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 10:25 PM
*Sigrun annoints Conquistador her General at Arms*

I will serve thy well. :knight

Nordhammer
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 10:49 PM
Thank you, wise lord. I deserve that praise :). Although - you mentioned it yourself - she was red as a carrot, without the blondish tinge.

And she was shorter by 20 cm - the double of that she lacked compared to her when it comes to the IQ. One of the reasons I had to dump her. :( (beauty and intelligence are such a rare combination is what comes into my mind, sigh).

Pretty girls don't have to be smart. ;)

I would sacrifice some IQ in the girl for beauty, but not too much. Anyway, you don't want a girl to be too smart, they're hard enough to deal with. :)

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 10:51 PM
Pretty girls don't have to be smart.

Lucky for me or I'd never get a date. ;)

Nordhammer
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 10:57 PM

You're the perfect blend: amazing beauty with high intelligence. But not that crazy intelligence, like Elizabeth Bennett. I imagine she and women like Marilyn Savant are hard to live with!

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 11:07 PM
Don't even get me started on Elizabeth Bennett...

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 11:12 PM

LOL I think you are pretty smart :D......though you do seem to have the head-strong fiestiness of a redhead :erm haha :ultrawink

Can we see a picture of your hair?? :D I like red hair too, natural redheads always look nice!

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 11:14 PM
Don't even get me started on Elizabeth Bennett...

Why not, how do you feel about Miss Bennet? :D

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 11:20 PM
Um, I just posted six pics of my hair... :)

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 11:22 PM
x_rofl I didnt even see them, shows where my head is :crazy Yes, just as everyone suspected :erm

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 11:23 PM
Did you read her personal ads? :)

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 11:25 PM
Did you read her personal ads? :)

Yup! :D She really is quite the card. x_hehe

Triglav
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 11:28 PM
Pretty girls don't have to be smart. ;)

I would sacrifice some IQ in the girl for beauty, but not too much. Anyway, you don't want a girl to be too smart, they're hard enough to deal with. :)

That 110 IQ is just in the sphere of sparking the feminism superimposed by the media. To a certain degree, a rise is detrimental to the character, but once the limits of conceit and egocentrism are surmounted, the intellect complements the (hopefully sound) personality. Needless to say that this has to do more with character, but a rich intellectual faculty is an absolite reqiurement in this regard.

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, June 8th, 2003, 11:43 PM
At first I thought she was joking, being satirical. But then I was made aware of the fact that she was serious.

*cough*

Saoirse
Monday, June 9th, 2003, 05:51 PM
Im red head :)

Scáthach
Monday, June 9th, 2003, 10:50 PM
i would love to have red hair!
maureen o hara:

Stríbog
Monday, June 9th, 2003, 11:58 PM
@ Sigrun:

I am just curious as a neutral observer regarding your opinion of Elizabeth Bennett.
BTW to stay on the topic of this thread she is a redhead as well :P

Evolved
Tuesday, June 10th, 2003, 07:29 AM
Hi, my name is Elizabeth Bennett. I'm the in-demand author of How To Marry a High-Quality Woman: The White Man's Courtship Manual... and I'm STILL SINGLE :( despite 500-1000 responses to my personal ad.

Here's my question- why should anyone take relationship advice from her? 1000 offers and she's still single. That should tell you something is not quite right- with her. My diagnosis: closet feminist. She says one thing: "I'm secretly yearning to fall in love, be submissive, get married and have a baby!" and then acts like she's a goddess that men should worship, and no one is good enough for her. Who the hell is she? She wrote several chapters of her opinions on relationships- clearly her area expertise!

Her standards are too high, she rejected perfectly good guys who met all her "requirements" on the basis of their lack of a foreskin. What can I say, she's born on the wrong continent- not her fault, and not the fault of those many guys who were sexually mutilated at birth. If she wants an all-natural hotdog maybe she should look towards European or Inuit men. :eek:

I think it's picky chicks like that who drive white guys to Asian women. To have her believed to be a great example of a proud white woman is something of a disservice to the rest of us.

Loki
Tuesday, June 10th, 2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by ladygoeth33
Here's my question- why should anyone take relationship advice from her? 1000 offers and she's still single. That should tell you something is not quite right- with her. My diagnosis: closet feminist. She says one thing: "I'm secretly yearning to fall in love, be submissive, get married and have a baby!" and then acts like she's a goddess that men should worship, and no one is good enough for her. Who the hell is she? She wrote several chapters of her opinions on relationships- clearly her area expertise!

Her standards are too high, she rejected perfectly good guys who met all her "requirements" on the basis of their lack of a foreskin. What can I say, she's born on the wrong continent- not her fault, and not the fault of those many guys who were sexually mutilated at birth. If she wants an all-natural hotdog maybe she should look towards European or Inuit men. :eek:

I think it's picky chicks like that who drive white guys to Asian women. To have her believed to be a great example of a proud white woman is something of a disservice to the rest of us.

Good post ladygoeth33! I agree 100% with what you are saying. I think we have become too spoilt for choice in this modern society.

Loki

Sigrun Christianson
Wednesday, June 11th, 2003, 04:40 AM
You err, Thorburn. ;)

Although he may have some reddish highlights under certain light, he is not a redhead.

-Sig

Evolved
Wednesday, June 11th, 2003, 06:27 AM
Redheaded women are beautiful, but I don't see many women having a strong preference for redheaded men. I do like Conan O'Brien, Eric Stoltz and Craig Kilborn, though. :)

Conan O'Brien
http://snlyou.jt.org/pics/cobrien.jpg

Eric Stoltz
http://www.tvtome.com/images/people/7/2/3-8302-sm.jpg

Craig Kilborn
http://i.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/020515/18281__craig_l.jpg

Nordhammer
Wednesday, June 11th, 2003, 02:09 PM
Redheaded women are beautiful, but I don't see many women having a strong preference for redheaded men.

Which partly explains why redheads are so rare.

Redheaded people don't like their own. Some of it could be they internalize the opinions of others, thinking they're weird and ugly, but maybe if they weren't redheaded they would feel that way about redheads as well. Maybe there is a certainly inherited personality with redheads also, that makes them extreme, and people see it as odd... and 2 redheads mating would make it even more pronounced.

I've never seen a redheaded adult couple, or one that has lasted very long, has anyone else?

I do like Conan O'Brien, Eric Stoltz and Craig Kilborn, though. :)

Conan O'Brien
http://snlyou.jt.org/pics/cobrien.jpg

Eric Stoltz
http://www.tvtome.com/images/people/7/2/3-8302-sm.jpg

Craig Kilborn
http://i.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/020515/18281__craig_l.jpg

Craigers, as he likes to call himself, is more of a golden blond, but maybe he has a bit of rufosity. I wouldn't call him a redhead though, like Conan and Eric, who have the redheaded-type skin pigmentation as well.

cosmocreator
Wednesday, June 11th, 2003, 07:38 PM
I've never seen a redheaded adult couple, or one that has lasted very long, has anyone else?

I have. And they had 3 red-headed children.

Craigers, as he likes to call himself, is more of a golden blond, but maybe he has a bit of rufosity. I wouldn't call him a redhead though, like Conan and Eric, who have the redheaded-type skin pigmentation as well.

His is actually one of the shows I like. I was thinking he is a Tronder. What you think?

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Wednesday, June 11th, 2003, 10:29 PM
Redheaded women are beautiful, but I don't see many women having a strong preference for redheaded men. I do like Conan O'Brien, Eric Stoltz and Craig Kilborn, though. :)

Don't leave out David Caruso :D I like Craig Kilborn too, he's quite handsome and nice and tall x_love

http://cindyspages.bravepages.com/sad.jpg

http://www.telegraaf.nl/krant/naslag/filmrecensies/film.010301proofoflife.caruso.jpg

http://www.manmademultimedia.com/magazine/features/former/stealmovie/davidcaruso.jpg

Evolved
Thursday, June 12th, 2003, 05:26 AM

My uncle (redhead) and his wife (strawberry blonde), who have 9 children (they're Catholic) all either stawberry blond or red haired, and most with freckles. :)

Saoirse
Thursday, June 12th, 2003, 06:08 AM
Redhead girls are the best. I wish there was more.

I had lots of freckles when I was little but not much anymore.

Sigrun Christianson
Saturday, June 14th, 2003, 06:25 PM
"Redhead girls are the best. I wish there was more."

Bless you, Irish Nationalist. ;)

I liked redheaded men! Hello! Conan, Eric, Craig, all totally cute - and tall. ... 6'4", red or reddish blond, blue eyed Trønder/Brünn...

x_love

Scáthach
Saturday, June 14th, 2003, 06:30 PM
hmm damien duff,blondey-red hair,quite strawberry blonde coloured really.he is perfection x_love

Sigrun Christianson
Saturday, June 14th, 2003, 10:32 PM
Alrighty, Scathach, we need to start a thread on the best looking men. ;)

Scáthach
Saturday, June 14th, 2003, 10:45 PM
hehe,good idea! jimmy stewart and damien duff should kickstart that :D

cosmocreator
Saturday, June 14th, 2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Sigrun Christianson

I hope I'll be there.:bow

Nordhammer
Sunday, June 15th, 2003, 12:47 AM

As long as they're white. :)

Nordhammer
Sunday, June 15th, 2003, 04:17 AM
Bestill my beating heart.

http://maidenfair.net/miranda

I just watched her in Human Nature, incredibly sexy woman and oh so fair. Her French accent really added to her appeal, ooo la la! Hmm, that's one of my goals in life now: to get a sexy, French redheaded woman. :)

She was great in Two Towers as well!

According to research in beauty, men prefer the more gracile form, but I am often attracted to the more robust UP female face, such as hers. I find it very womanly and lovely.

http://maidenfair.net/miranda/promo1.jpg

Nordhammer
Sunday, June 15th, 2003, 04:24 AM
Look at that sexy cranium. Large frontal lobes. x_love

http://maidenfair.net/miranda/tempest3.jpg x_love

Conquistador
Sunday, June 15th, 2003, 06:02 AM
Look at that sexy cranium. Large frontal lobes. x_love

You need to get out more. j/k

I also agree that she is beautiful. But the Sub-Nordic type is the type that intrigues me the most. x_love x_blush

Nordhammer
Sunday, June 15th, 2003, 12:19 PM
You need to get out more. j/k

I also agree that she is beautiful. But the Sub-Nordic type is the type that intrigues me the most. x_love x_blush

You have far more posts than I do, maybe you should. :)

What is it about the Sub-Nordic that is so intriguing? Granting the fact that she is and isn't something else.

Scáthach
Sunday, June 15th, 2003, 09:28 PM
siobhan donaghy has great hair,shes really pretty.also all my friends who have red hair also have blue eyes...i want them too!! :D

Conquistador
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 12:17 AM
You have far more posts than I do, maybe you should. :)

What is it about the Sub-Nordic that is so intriguing? Granting the fact that she is and isn't something else.

First of all, I was joking and I didn't mean to anger you.. Don't take it personal. You're not Von Braun.

SECOND of all, the woman in the photo reminds me of a girl I had loved very dearly a few years back, the memory of her is still fresh in my mind eventhough it gives me much pain and sorrow to think about it. But if you have a problem with it, then be my guest and complain. I will listen.

Evolved
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 05:57 AM
Fighting about the ladies.. :finger:

I think blonde women will always reign supreme. :halo

Loki
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 07:12 AM

Nagyon szeretlek.

Nordhammer
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Scathach
siobhan donaghy has great hair,shes really pretty.also all my friends who have red hair also have blue eyes...i want them too!! :D

She looks a little peculiar... I wonder if she is a real redhead, I'm suspicious.

Nordhammer
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 07:25 AM
First of all, I was joking and I didn't mean to anger you.. Don't take it personal. You're not Von Braun.

SECOND of all, the woman in the photo reminds me of a girl I had loved very dearly a few years back, the memory of her is still fresh in my mind eventhough it gives me much pain and sorrow to think about it. But if you have a problem with it, then be my guest and complain. I will listen.

Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...

lol

I wasn't angry, what gave you that idea? Don't confuse my direct nature for anger. The latter is a completely different experience. :)

I was just curious is all. But yeah, if you're a Mediterranean and you're dating Nords, I'd say I have an issue with that, I disapprove, but nothing I can do about it, especially over the internet. Be well. :)

Nordhammer
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 07:39 AM
Fighting about the ladies.. :finger:

Yes, but we must remember, pheomelanin is a different pigmentation, and combines with eumelanin. Everyone has eumelanin, but not everyone has pheomelanin(to my knowledge). The degree of blondism is related to eumelanin, what makes us dark or light, and pheomelanin combines with that to give rufosity. So the lighterhaired redheads can also be technically classified as blondes(low eumelanin), and they can also produce blonde children without such strong rufosity.

I forget the name of the variety of UP-Nordic that has the red hair and watery-blue eyes, I especially find those attractive. Sigrun is of this type and so beautiful and rare. Nicole Kidman is also of this type. To see a erythrian is to witness an angel. May they never die, only multiply. :)

Nordhammer
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 08:05 AM
"A study that analyzed the amount of eumelanin and pheomelanin in human hair suggested that; black hair contains approximately 99% eumelanin and 1% pheomelanin, brown and blond hair contain 95% eumelanin and 5% pheomelanin; and red hair contains 67% eumelanin and 33% pheomelanin (Borges 2001). Although people with dark hair may still produce the yellow - orange pheomelanin, it is largely masked by the dark eumelanin pigment and we cannot see much of it. However, the red - yellow pheomelanin is believed to cause the warm, golden, or auburn tones found in some types of brown hair."

I wonder if this mainly applies to Europeans, as I doubt most or all nonwhites have any pheomelanin.

Jkl
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 03:52 PM
Red hair is not only very beautiful, but also genetically interesting. Do you consider it a dominant trait, a recessive one, or neither of them?

I wonder which is dominant, redhead hair over blond or blond over redhair?.

A redhead marries someone with blond hair, what would probably be the result in the sons. The sons would be more probably redheads, or more probably blonds?.

I have understood that those with blond hair have inherited the blond hair genes from each parent, is it the same for redheads?

Nordhammer
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Thorburn
Thanks for your highly interesting posts, Marcus! You are one of the most proficient experts on the subject of redheads in the world, I'd guess. :)

Yes indeed, my good man. I'm now moving to my post-doctorate studies, and hope to begin my "hands-on" practice. ;)

From the context I assume, too, that the given percentages refer rather to Europeans than to humanity as a whole. The absolute values or value ranges of eumelanin and pheomelanin in the different hair colors or shades would be of interest, too, if you have them at hand.

Red hair is not only very beautiful, but also genetically interesting. Do you consider it a dominant trait, a recessive one, or neither of them?

Kind regards,

- Thorburn

I too find it highly interesting, genetically, especially from a historical perspective, being supposedly older than blondism in Europe, going back before the "African invasion" theory.

"Red hair is not actually a recessive gene, but is rather an incomplete-dominant or co-dominant. In the world of genes, there are dominant genes, which take over any recessive gene (brown, black), recessive genes (blonde), which will be taken over by any dominant gene, or co-dominant genes (red). Incomplete-dominant genes will "blend" with any dominant, recessive or other incomplete-dominant gene.

So you've got yourself a redheaded parent (let's call those genes aa) and a blonde parent, which we'll represent as bb. 100% of the offspring will have one hair color gene from each parent, or ab. This means red and blonde. Since red will always blend with other genes, the resulting hair color should be a blend of blonde and red, or strawberry blonde."

Von Braun
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 04:04 PM
Red hair is not only very beautiful

From what I have observed, a lower percentage of redheads have pretty faces compared to blondes and brunettes. However, it is indeed nice to see women with red hair who do happen to have pretty faces.

Nordhammer
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 08:13 PM
From what I have observed, a lower percentage of redheads have pretty faces compared to blondes and brunettes. However, it is indeed nice to see women with red hair who do happen to have pretty faces.

That's funny, I've had the opposite experience.

Nordhammer
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 08:15 PM
Do you consider it a dominant trait, a recessive one, or neither of them?

Kind regards,

- Thorburn

Here's a scientific study on the issue -

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/utils/fref.fcgi?http://hmg.oupjournals.org/cgi/pmidlookup?view=full&pmid=11030758

Pleiotropic effects of the melanocortin 1 receptor (MC1R) gene on human pigmentation.

Flanagan N, Healy E, Ray A, Philips S, Todd C, Jackson IJ, Birch-Machin MA, Rees JL.

Department of Dermatology, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK.

Variants of the melanocortin 1 receptor (MC1R) gene are common in individuals with red hair and fair skin, but the relative contribution to these pigmentary traits in heterozygotes, homozygotes and compound heterozygotes for variants at this locus from the multiple alleles present in Caucasian populations is unclear. We have investigated 174 individuals from 11 large kindreds with a preponderance of red hair and an additional 99 unrelated redheads, for MC1R variants and have confirmed that red hair is usually inherited as a recessive characteristic with the R151C, R160W, D294H, R142H, 86insA and 537insC alleles at this locus. The V60L variant, which is common in the population may act as a partially penetrant recessive allele. These individuals plus 167 randomly ascertained Caucasians demonstrate that heterozygotes for two alleles, R151C and 537insC, have a significantly elevated risk of red hair. The shade of red hair frequently differs in heterozygotes from that in homozygotes/compound heterozygotes and there is also evidence for a heterozygote effect on beard hair colour, skin type and freckling. The data provide evidence for a dosage effect of MC1R variants on hair as well as skin colour.

Nordhammer
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 08:21 PM
Says Grant Professor of Dermatology Jonathan Rees: "Variation in hair and skin colour is one of the most polymorphic* human traits. Although differences in hair and eye colour are often quoted as practical examples of genetics for the non-expert, in reality the experts understand them very little." Identification several years ago of the gene for red hair in humans uncovered surprises. "We found that mutations of the gene are very common in North Western Europe and that there are a large number of different mutations. This means that the gene may be of great interest in terms of studies of human evolution and migration," says Professor Rees. "Although the genetics has progressed at a great speed, we are still limited in our ability to describe the observable characteristics of each 'type': for instance, how do we rationally think about classifying the different sorts of red haired people - strawberry blondes, auburn, ginger, carrot and so on? In the same way, the clinical measures we have for measuring differences in the ability of people to tan are very poor."

Explaining his interest in the genetics of red hair and pale skin, he says: "The striking variation in hair colour, especially red, raises all sorts of questions about whether natural selection is operating on various skin types, and why are there any advantages in being red? The second reason for interest is that people with red hair tend to have an associated pale skin that tans poorly in response to ultra violet radiation. This puts these individuals at increased risk of skin cancer, both melanoma and other forms of skin cancer.

Nordhammer
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 08:23 PM
If you're a natural redhead facing surgery, you may want to have a chat with your anesthesiologist before heading for the operating room.

A new study finds you're likely to need more anesthesia when you go under the knife than do people with other hair colors. Researchers at the University of Louisville discovered that, on average, people born with red hair require about 20 percent more anesthesia to obtain satisfactory sedation.

Dr. Edwin B. Liem, an anesthesiologist at Louisville's Outcomes Research Institute and the study's principal investigator, presented his results today at the American Society of Anesthesiologists annual meeting in Orlando, Fla.

Red hair, he discovered, may be a small detail that makes a big difference in terms of memory, pain and sedation in the operating room.

"A person who receives too little anesthesia may recall the surgery or may have actually have heightened pain during the procedure," Liem explains. "Neither of these are desirable outcomes. The art and science of anesthesiology is determining just the right amount of anesthesia to achieve unconsciousness, pain tolerance and suppression of memory without causing adverse consequences, such as cardiac or pulmonary complications. Red hair is apparently an important element in this decision."

According to Liem, the discovery is particularly noteworthy because red hair is the first visible human characteristic — or phenotype — to be linked to the amount of anesthetic needed in surgery. Although neither he nor anyone else knows exactly why this link exists, Liem says his best guess at the moment is that it's somehow related to what's known as the "dysfunctional melanocortin 1 receptor."

Scientists have known for a long time that melanocortin receptors on certain cells are responsible for hair and skin color. Liem believes a dysfunction of this receptor triggers an increase of the hormone that usually stimulates the cells. This happens to be the very same hormone that stimulates a receptor in the brain that governs pain sensitivity.

"Redheads are likely to experience more pain from most stimuli — surgery is just one example — and therefore require more anesthesia to alleviate that pain," Liem says.

Redheadedness has been linked to other medical anomalies or differences in the past.

Dr. Larrian Gillespie, a urologist and gynecologist in Beverly Hills, Calif., says there are a number of "redhead-related" disorders, as these are increasingly called.

In treating interstitial cystitis, for example, Gillespie has found black women are unlikely to have the condition — unless they have a naturally redheaded mother or grandmother.

"There are definitely different metabolic factors at work in redheads," she says. "I am not at all surprised to learn that redheads need more anesthesia than non-redheads. The red hair is more than a cosmetic characteristic; it is a biological marker, apparently for many other bodily processes."

Previous research has shown that redheads tend to have skin that is more sensitive to the sun and may have as much as five times the risk of melanoma, a skin cancer. And 2000 study suggested red hair may accumulate drugs at a different rate than hair of other colors, thus letting redheads pass drug tests more easily than brunettes.

Von Braun
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 10:29 PM
I just watched her in Human Nature, incredibly sexy woman and oh so fair. Her French accent really added to her appeal, ooo la la! Hmm, that's one of my goals in life now: to get a sexy, French redheaded woman.

No doubt, France has a strong Alpine presence. Do individuals like her, existing in close proximity to Alpine populations, lend credence to the theory that UPs are depigmented Alpines?

Conquistador
Monday, June 16th, 2003, 10:41 PM
But yeah, if you're a Mediterranean and you're dating Nords, I'd say I have an issue with that, I disapprove, but nothing I can do about it, especially over the internet. Be well. :)

Actually, the pure Nordic woman doesn't really attract me that much, mainly because they're rare where I live and plus I'm not used to seeing Nordics of the Hallsatt type that much. I'm usually attracted to women of the European Mediterranean type, and Sub-Nordic women, thanks to a certain girl I knew. :) And yes, I'm predominately Atlanto-Mediterranean.

Nordhammer
Tuesday, June 17th, 2003, 06:23 AM
No doubt, France has a strong Alpine presence. Do individuals like her, existing in close proximity to Alpine populations, lend credence to the theory that UPs are depigmented Alpines?

I was just speaking of the accent itself. The woman in the movie is Australian, and obviously of British descent, and being predominantly Brünn at least. She is not Alpine, and is a natural redhead with fair skin. In the movie she actually wasn't French either, but just used that accent to manipulate men.

In France there is some UP and Nordic penetration of course, and there are probably some natural redheads.

Von Braun
Tuesday, June 17th, 2003, 06:36 AM
Oops, sorry. This is what threw me off: "Hmm, that's one of my goals in life now: to get a sexy, French redheaded woman."

Nordhammer
Tuesday, June 17th, 2003, 06:43 AM
Will we still witness the foundation of world's first anthropological institute for rufositology? ;)

I have observed the following instances, which seem to be characteristic out of many: Two blonde parents having a red child "out of nowhere" (no redheads in the known direct ancestry): red genes seem to sleep recessively somewhere, being able to jump generations.
Two redheads having a blonde child (red children seem to dominate in the offspring, though).
A blonde and a redhead having a strawberry blonde child (that seems to be classic case of blending you described).
A brown and a red parent having offspring of any hair color within the range: brown, auburn, brunette, blonde, strawberry blonde, red.Can all these cases can be explained by incomplete domination? Red genes seem sometimes to dominate (over blonde at least), sometimes to be recessive (dormant), sometimes to be neither (to blend)? Maybe you have some comments on this. — I'm not opposing your theory; on the contrary, I'm grateful for it, I heard it for the first time.

Kind regards,

- Thorburn

Thanks for your interesting thoughts and questions.

Since rufosity or pheomelanin doesn't exist by itself, as I'm unaware of any individual being 100% pheomelanin and 0% eumelanin, then it must coexist. Similar to how blue and green eyes are co-dominant and blend together, rather than one completely overtaking the other.

We even see rufosity exposes itself in Negroid-white mixes, such as James Earl Jones (reportedly an Irish-Negroid-Cherokee mix), and the (in)famous Malcolm X, who was called "red" by his friends for his reddish tint to his hair and "high yellow" skin tone. The most noticeable sign of a strain of rufousity in a mixed Negroid is their yellowish skin tone, an odd result from miscegenation with the angelic Northern European redheaded type and the most primitive race on earth.

So as to studying rufosity and concluding it is either dominant or recessive, depends upon our definition of a redhead to begin with. Is it only people who are of a total redheaded type, or showing any sign of rufosity? The former would be recessive, since blondism is recessive, but the latter seems to be more co-dominant, co-existing with darker eumelanin, although masked if the hair is dark enough.

Andie McDowell is an example of masked red hair. Her hair often looks black, but is really more of a dark brown with masked rufosity. Having the UP-type wavy hair and robust facial bone structure, is otherwise significantly Brünn despite the darker hair coloring.

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/1713/AndieMacDo_Barso_160531_400.jpg

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/1367/AndieMacDowell_Vespa_323857_400.jpg

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/1367/AndieMacDowell_Vespa_323855_400.jpg

Comments welcome.

Von Braun
Tuesday, June 17th, 2003, 10:30 PM
It's allegedly six genes for skin color; I've never heard of how many bases these genes are composed.

Thorburn, that would mean that the number of shades of skin color would be equal to the number of bases raised to the power six, i.e. # of shades = (# of bases)^6, correct?

Sigrun Christianson
Wednesday, June 18th, 2003, 01:06 PM
Just a few bits of info I've picked up over the years...

Redheads are harder to stick (with needles, as in the case of IVs). It took an anesthesiologist and two nurses 45 minutes and 7 attempts to get an IV in my arm - I just do it myself now and let them watch. The anesthesiologist told me this is a common problem with redheads & old people. :puppyeyes

Reds are more difficult to handle when anesthetized. They are more likely to wake up abruptly and fight. I clearly remember nurses warning other nurses & doctors that, "We got a redhead in here..." :devil

My doc told me that redheads should use baby shampoo because our hair is more delicate that those blond & brunette cretins, er, creatures, and baby shampoo is less harsh. :halo

Nordhammer
Wednesday, June 18th, 2003, 03:38 PM
Just a few bits of info I've picked up over the years...

Redheads are harder to stick (with needles, as in the case of IVs). It took an anesthesiologist and two nurses 45 minutes and 7 attempts to get an IV in my arm - I just do it myself now and let them watch. The anesthesiologist told me this is a common problem with redheads & old people. :puppyeyes

Reds are more difficult to handle when anesthetized. They are more likely to wake up abruptly and fight. I clearly remember nurses warning other nurses & doctors that, "We got a redhead in here..." :devil

My doc told me that redheads should use baby shampoo because our hair is more delicate that those blond & brunette cretins, er, creatures, and baby shampoo is less harsh. :halo

Another excellent post. :)

About sticking with needles... is that because the subcutaneous fat is thicker? I notice with many redheads they seem to have a "thicker" body on average. I like this. :) Or is it because of "rolling veins"? This exists in my family, and it's difficult for nurses to puncture them properly.

ruski88
Thursday, June 19th, 2003, 06:01 PM
Redhead women are sexy!:D

Sigrun Christianson
Friday, June 20th, 2003, 10:28 AM
I was told that it was because of the rolling veins.