Classify, please.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38144000/jpg/_38144877_studio150pa.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1060000/images/_1061046_newrowan150.jpg

http://ffmedia.ign.com/scooby/multimedia/rowan.jpg

http://members.eisa.net.au/~johben57/Beanpr.jpg

http://www.rowanatkinson.org/images/rotate/lrowan16.jpg

Sigrun Christianson
Saturday, May 31st, 2003, 11:04 PM
He's really ugly as sin, but one of my favorite comics. I saw one of his stand-up routines on BBC a while back and although he never spoke during the entire show, it was hilarious.

-Sig

Stríbog
Saturday, May 31st, 2003, 11:59 PM
He's actually Jewish, I believe.

Tryggvi
Sunday, June 1st, 2003, 01:30 AM
That doesn't really help. ;)

His pigmentation, height, and gracile body build are rather in the Mediterranean range, but his face is too short for it, his nose is too broad and dominant, and he seems to be brachycephalic. His calvarium, too, is disproportionally large (I noticed it yesterday on a TV show, it's not as obvious on these photos), but that is probably rather an individual deviation (he strikes me as highly intelligent) than a racial trait.

Zimmer Mann
Sunday, June 1st, 2003, 09:52 AM
I remember being curious about this question a while ago so I picked up one of his biographies to see if he was jewish or not. He actually went quite into detail about his unusual appearance and how he differed from every other English boy growing up. He mentioned how he looked nothing at all like his siblings or his parents who looked quite average British, and that he somehow ended up with this unusual appearance. I would guess that certain genes lay dormant and perhaps appear at a later age. The great industrial belt that stretches from the west Midlands of England up to Glasgow has had a complete reamergence of this dark characteristic with a concentration of the working class. The population of Great Britain would have been much fairer before the advent of the Industrial Revolution. Even today it is observed that higher status usually cooresponds to more Nordic phenotype in both class society and military rank.
There was no mention of any Jewish heritage in Rowan Atkinson's biography so that can be put to rest. He might represent a perfect fossilization of the early pre-celtic mediterranean invaders whose genes are still in limbo. He is a Paleo-Atlantid as was fellow Brit Dudley Moore.

Tryggvi
Sunday, June 1st, 2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Zimmer Mann
The great industrial belt that stretches from the west Midlands of England up to Glasgow has had a complete reamergence of this dark characteristic with a concentration of the working class. The population of Great Britain would have been much fairer before the advent of the Industrial Revolution.Thanks for your highly interesting input.

What would have caused this re-emergence of dark characteristics?

And why would the population have been fairer before the Industrial Revolution?

He is a Paleo-Atlantid as was fellow Brit Dudley Moore. I like the flattering nature of the term 'Paleo-Atlantid'. ;)

Barring terminology, my thoughts are swaying into the same direction.

nsrus
Sunday, June 1st, 2003, 03:28 PM
Fact
Rowan Atkinson is a staunch Anglican and an active member of the Church laity.

Dudley Moore was a jew,hence his barmitzvah like peter sellers he was not orthodox but unlike the likes of jeremy paxman did not deny it.

While i am not into the minutiae of racial classification i reckon atkinson is from the same tribe as Dutch footballer marco van basten

Vojvoda
Sunday, June 1st, 2003, 04:40 PM
Rowan is a "Bell Beaker", dudley a yid.

Azdaja
Sunday, June 1st, 2003, 05:13 PM
I would say somewhere between atlanto-med and dinaric.
For those who say paleo-atlantid:
Why P.A. over Atlanto-med? Is there anything even vaguely nordic...or 'nordish', about this guy at all?

Zimmer Mann
Monday, June 2nd, 2003, 01:40 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nsrus

Dudley Moore was a jew,hence his barmitzvah like peter sellers he was not orthodox but unlike the likes of jeremy paxman did not deny it.

Where did you get this information from? I could find nothing on the internet to suggest he was jewish. Peter Sellers was half jewish but I don't think Dudley Moore was at all. Since he just died, there must be an accredited biography out there somewhere. That is the most accurate way to get to the bottom of things.

Zimmer Mann
Monday, June 2nd, 2003, 01:57 AM
[quote]Originally posted by Tryggvi
[b]Thanks for your highly interesting input.

What would have caused this re-emergence of dark characteristics?

And why would the population have been fairer before the Industrial Revolution?

The Industrial Revolution caused a mass migration to crowded cities where the dominant dark genes, that earlier became diluted and lost due to Nordic invasion, had a higher probability of reappearing. This is also due to a spike in overall population that happened with more plentiful resources. Brown eyes and dark hair dominate over blue eyes and blond hair so even if one ancient dark gene re-emerges, there is a higher chance that they will beget dark children over light children. There are many genes floating around our DNA that are dormant or junk just as diebetes can skip generations as well as baldness. Some genes can remain inactive in a society for many genrations. The population skyrockets, as any population graph clearly shows during the late 18th and 19th centuries, and these dark genes replicate exponentially.

Zimmer Mann
Wednesday, June 4th, 2003, 05:59 AM
Dudley Moore started off as a choirboy and then organist in his Parish Church. Although he was very dark, he didn't necessarily look jewish. He didn't have an armenoid nose, beady eyes, camel like expression, or gaping rubbery mouth like a heeb. Give this guy some respect. From a broad spectrum he looked British.

fms panzerfaust
Thursday, June 30th, 2005, 10:39 PM
For me is the typical british. What do you think?

Glenlivet
Thursday, June 30th, 2005, 10:59 PM
Rather atypical.

He has been classified before.

I think that he is Litorid.

Northern Paladin
Thursday, June 30th, 2005, 11:11 PM

Not typical English. But not too atypical for a Briton.

He looks like a blend of Atlandid/Dinarid.

Josep Conrad
Friday, July 1st, 2005, 12:36 AM
His face is quite common in East-Anglia, in fact it is quite common to represent the tipical Anglian country-man by a face like him. In any case he would be the quite truly representative of Saxons.

Glenlivet
Friday, July 1st, 2005, 07:58 AM
Are you being serious? I do not see a smilie.

His face is quite common in East-Anglia, in fact it is quite common to represent the tipical Anglian country-man by a face like him. In any case he would be the quite truly representative of Saxons.

Allenson
Friday, July 1st, 2005, 01:11 PM
Are you being serious? I do not see a smilie.

LOL--a smilie would have helped, eh? ;) (I'll put one down instead!)

Mr. Bean doesn't exactly strike me as being of the Anglo-Saxon type... Maybe a Bell-Beaker leftover.

Rhydderch
Friday, July 1st, 2005, 03:00 PM
I think that he has Muge, Dinaric and Litorid influences. He actually looks a bit like the Spanish President Zapatero (hope that's the spelling).

Certainly not an uncommon English look, but I wouldn't say it's typical.

I think his name is Scottish.

Odin Biggles
Friday, July 1st, 2005, 05:24 PM
I wouldnt say hes "typical" of East Anglia, ive just been up to town (I live in Suffolk) and I saw all sorts, alot of pale faced, light haired/eyed Northern looking people, and alot of French looking people like Rown Atkinson.

There is no "English look" really theres so much variety.

Glenlivet
Friday, July 1st, 2005, 06:03 PM
I think that he has Muge, Dinaric and Litorid influences. He actually looks a bit like the Spanish President Zapatero (hope that's the spelling).

I have read about Muge, a Mesolithic site in Portugal. Are you talking about the small Mediterranid? They have also found Cro-Magnoids there. Frans has also mentioned the "paedomorphic Muge type of brachycephals".

You use Muge quite often. Can you post a picture of someone you think is Muge? Do you have plates of modern individuals who have been classified as Muge?

They have been compared before.

http://www.portalmix.com/fotos/img/zapatero_bean.jpg

There is a resemblance, but Zapatero is fairer. Rowan Atkinson convinced me as a southern Italian in the comedy Rat Race.

His eyes are probably something ancient in Britain though. Maybe you have seen the political satire Yes, Minister, which I think is the best one made so far. Paul Eddington, who plays the minister, has similar traits.

Certainly not an uncommon English look, but I wouldn't say it's typical.

Actually found more in southwest than northeast England. He is not even close to being typical.

I think his name is Scottish.

He is certainly not common in the region (NE England) where he is born.

It does not really help much knowing if a name is of this or that origin. He is not typical for Scottish people either. They are predominantly either tall Atlanto-Mediterranids and Irish Brünns in the west and more Scando-Nordid in the east.

Mistress Klaus
Friday, July 1st, 2005, 06:03 PM
:D I think even Rowan Atkinson pokes fun at his looks..

A funny episode of the 1st Blackadder...shows the 3 old Wise Women/crones, upon meeting the Blackadder (Edmond...or Edna..he he) riding through the night on his steed 'Black Satin'..mistook him for the next King of England and said between themselves, after he rode on.
(1st hag): "I thought he would be better looking"...
(2nd hag): "Yes....not so Jewish looking"...
Of course...Atkinson does not look Jewish ..moreso like a big nose Frenchie x English ....he he :D

Yeah I am a big Blackadder fan.... ;) :P Mr Bean...does not give him the full credit of his talent. A master of comical facial expressions...which is only heightened by the dry sarcasm of verbal wit he portrays in all the Blackadder series. :P

Agrippa
Friday, July 1st, 2005, 06:22 PM
Atlantomediterranid or generalised Mediterranid with Dinaroid or Littorid admixture sounds reasonable. That a type is common is not the same as being typical btw.

Glenlivet
Friday, July 1st, 2005, 06:29 PM
Terry Jones from the Monty Python series and UK chancellor Gordon Brown are of a similar type. They are more robust. They are more similar to each other than to Atkinson. They too look non-English. Jones is Welsh and Brown is Scottish.

Rhydderch
Saturday, July 2nd, 2005, 07:40 AM
I have read about Muge, a Mesolithic site in Portugal. Are you talking about the small Mediterranid?Yes, and in fact they are probably the smallest type in Britain and Ireland. Even the facial features and ears are reminiscent of fairies :D.

Frans has also mentioned the "paedomorphic Muge type of brachycephals".That's interesting. Coon's description of the Muge remains has them low mesocephalic I think, but I have noticed a slight tendency to brachycephaly.

You use Muge quite often. Can you post a picture of someone you think is Muge?I can't think of anyone fully or near fully of the type of whom I could access photos, but I'll post if I can find one.

Do you have plates of modern individuals who have been classified as Muge?I don't know a lot about the type from anthropologists. I've read that they were small, delicately built, small headed and (if I remember rightly) having a slight Negroid tendency, all of which I've seen (together with additional features) on a particular type I had already noticed (but couldn't find anthropological references to it for some time).
So I hope I haven't got the wrong type, but it does seem to fit anyway.

His eyes are probably something ancient in Britain though. Maybe you have seen the political satire Yes, Minister, which I think is the best one made so far. Paul Eddington, who plays the minister, has similar traits.I can't think of an especial similarity between the two actually, but perhaps I'm thinking of different features. Are you thinking of the eye colour, or the shape, when you refer to ancientness?

Actually found more in southwest than northeast England. He is not even close to being typical.Dinaric, Muge and Litorid types are all fairly common in England, but Atkinson has a particular combination of traits from these types which is perhaps a bit unusual.

It does not really help much knowing if a name is of this or that origin.Not necessarily. It can though ;)

He is not typical for Scottish people either. They are predominantly either tall Atlanto-Mediterranids and Irish Brünns in the west and more Scando-Nordid in the east.I don't think he's typical of any major part of the British Isles; and I also think there is a strong Atlanto-Mediterranean element in most of Scotland, and also in Northern England. Muge and Classic Mediterraneans (the latter especially in places like the Western Isles) are found, but probably more thinly spread.

visigodo
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 10:20 AM
They have been compared before.

http://www.portalmix.com/fotos/img/zapatero_bean.jpg

There is a resemblance, but Zapatero is fairer. Rowan Atkinson convinced me as a southern Italian in the comedy Rat Race.

Zapatero has been classified as a Nordomediterranid-Dinarid or pred. Nordid-Mediterranid/Atlantid in another forum. My opinion is that in spite of the fact that they look alike in the photo they are not equal racially.

visigodo
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 10:44 AM
I have read about Muge, a Mesolithic site in Portugal. Are you talking about the small Mediterranid? They have also found Cro-Magnoids there. Frans has also mentioned the "paedomorphic Muge type of brachycephals".

You use Muge quite often. Can you post a picture of someone you think is Muge? Do you have plates of modern individuals who have been classified as Muge?

The Mesolithic-Mediterranean or Muge type is rougher compare with the gracil mediterranean, roughest bones, medium stature, straight or concave nose, brows many times united, dark pigmentation and mesocephalic, it prevails among the rural population in the interior of Spain and in Portugal.

Coon describes this type as "a coarse Mediterranean, short-statured, thick-limbed, mesocephalic, possessing a narrow forehead, wide malars, heavy browridges, a short, broad, straight or lightly concave nose with upturned tip, a strong jaw, and some prognathism". "The coarse Mediterranean mesocephal has counterparts in Spain and Portugal, as well as North Africa, and goes back at least to the time of the shell-heap burials of Muge. It seems, however, especially prevalent among South Italians".

I add some pictures.

fms panzerfaust
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Ok, I convinced that he is not the typical british. :)

Rhydderch
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 01:52 AM
The Mesolithic-Mediterranean or Muge type is rougher compare with the gracil mediterranean, roughest bones, medium stature, straight or concave nose, brows many times united, dark pigmentation and mesocephalic, it prevails among the rural population in the interior of Spain and in Portugal.

Coon describes this type as "a coarse Mediterranean, short-statured, thick-limbed, mesocephalic, possessing a narrow forehead, wide malars, heavy browridges, a short, broad, straight or lightly concave nose with upturned tip, a strong jaw, and some prognathism". "The coarse Mediterranean mesocephal has counterparts in Spain and Portugal, as well as North Africa, and goes back at least to the time of the shell-heap burials of Muge. It seems, however, especially prevalent among South Italians".

I think Coon's 'coarse mediterranean mesocephal' is different from the Muge type; I don't think he equates the two.

The type found at Muge is delicately built whereas the other is robust and stocky.

Skildur
Sunday, December 25th, 2005, 01:02 AM
http://www.elsiglodetorreon.com.mx/images/news/espectaculos/2005/03/108588415889aa3895ced4903f5bfad2.jpg
http://browneyes.takaramono.de/logo.gif
http://www.moviebits.co.uk/productimg/auto2/Rowan_Atkinson_auto.jpg
http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/image/johnnyenglish-atkinson-imbruglia.jpg
http://www.nndb.com/people/947/000025872/atkinson.jpg

The Black Prince
Sunday, December 25th, 2005, 01:05 AM
Atlantid + Mediterranid proper (although brachycepalicized)

Loved Blackadder, mr. Bean lesser but still fun :D

Hardwig
Tuesday, December 27th, 2005, 04:18 AM
He looks like Hitler without mustache.Atlantid in my opinion.

goldgrube
Tuesday, December 27th, 2005, 06:02 AM
jew?

distinct_rebel
Tuesday, December 27th, 2005, 09:06 AM
jew?

Please tell me how he appears Jewish. If he has a 'Jewish phenotype', then half the British population is discernibly Semitic.

Atlantid seems like a fair description.

goldgrube
Tuesday, December 27th, 2005, 09:57 AM
mouth

distinct_rebel
Tuesday, December 27th, 2005, 10:04 AM
mouth

His mouth looks Jewish? LOL :D Once again, that would make at least half the British Isles Semitic.

Alarik
Wednesday, December 28th, 2005, 08:01 AM
yeah just a dark impressively big nosed briton I think, i'v heard people accuse him of being a Jew before, but its not overly noticable, the mouth isn't Jewish, the nose if big but not the Jewish type. Atlantid + Mediterranid sounds right. Love Blackadder, Johnny English just makes me angry. They don't do it like they used to...

distinct_rebel
Wednesday, December 28th, 2005, 08:19 AM
yeah just a dark impressively big nosed briton I think, i'v heard people accuse him of being a Jew before, but its not overly noticable, the mouth isn't Jewish, the nose if big but not the Jewish type. Atlantid + Mediterranid sounds right. Love Blackadder, Johnny English just makes me angry. They don't do it like they used to...

I just get annoyed at the propensity of some people to call Europids 'Jewish-looking'. It borders on sheer stupidity.

BTW, Alarik I'd be interested to see what phenotype you think I am. I just posted some profile shots on the 'Classification for a New Member' thread.

Thruthheim
Thursday, January 19th, 2006, 04:26 PM
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/1593/beanpic8ui.jpg
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38144000/jpg/_38144877_studio150pa.jpg
http://www.vh1.com/shared/media/images/movies/people/a/atkinson_rowan/150x223.jpg
http://www.kino.de/pix/newspics/133250_1.jpg

I always wondered if he was Jewish or had any Jewish lineage?

Väring
Thursday, January 19th, 2006, 05:11 PM
He's Taurid as in Dinarid. The Taurid presence in the British Isles is atleast of partial Bell Beaker derivation.

Skildur
Friday, January 20th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Atlantid + Mediterranid .

Digitalseal
Thursday, June 15th, 2006, 12:20 AM
his facial features look a little Orientalid/Arabid, don't you think?

HeavenWood
Thursday, June 15th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Nah, just another Brit. Nice and mediterranean this one is.

Glynd Eastŵd
Thursday, June 15th, 2006, 01:52 AM

Littorid presence, perhaps, but I don't see anything conclusively Arabid in him. His overall classification can be Paleo-Atlanid + Littorid.

Veritas Æquitas
Thursday, June 15th, 2006, 02:07 AM
Atlantid + Med

Glenlivet
Thursday, June 15th, 2006, 03:54 AM
He would probably go unnoticed in parts of the Arab world (mainly the Near Eastern countries), if he got rid of his RP accent and typically English behaviour and clumsiness.

I think he has Mediterranid and Armenoid traits, or in other words, Litorid/Litoral (Czekanowski and Lundman, see map of distribution from the Near East towards the coastal parts of southern, western and northwestern Europe). He played a Neapolitan (Napoli in Southern Italy, where Arabids, as well as Pontids and Armenoids are supposedly, not uncommon) in the film "Rat Race". Some actors are cast wrong, especially in films about historical events. I do not think they picked him to do that role just because of his skills and the fact it was a comedy. There is a reason why Bill Nighy or even John Cleese (who was in that film too) did not play that role.

I have seen very few English people like him. They do exist but it is a rare type to encounter, particularly in northern England.

OneEnglishNorman
Thursday, June 15th, 2006, 09:54 PM
IMDB lists both his parents as Anglican, furthermore his father is a farmer. Scarcely a Jewish occupation.

These features can be seen very rarely in Britain, as people have said it precedes the Germanic invasions.

Here's Shaun Ryder, born in Manchester of Irish descent:

http://www.idigitalsales.co.uk/content/channelnews/images/ShaunRyder.jpghttp://www.chartattack.com/pics/19991215-ryder.jpg
http://gorillaz-unofficial.com/biography/biographyshaunryder.jpg

Alkman
Thursday, June 15th, 2006, 11:06 PM
His mouth looks Jewish? LOL :D Once again, that would make at least half the British Isles Semitic.Aren't English one of the lost tribes of Israel? :P :D

a. b.
Thursday, June 15th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Uh, isn't it common knowledge that he is partly Indian? That's what I've been told...:-O

Ealhswið
Thursday, June 15th, 2006, 11:51 PM
He's married to an Indian/half-Indian, I believe.

Skildur
Friday, June 16th, 2006, 12:01 AM
He's married to an Indian/half-Indian, I believe.

In the movie about him that i saw, his wife (or g/f) looked perfectly English.

Thruthheim
Friday, June 16th, 2006, 12:13 AM
Im stunned to read people think that he typifies Englishmen! His look is clearly a rarity here. I find him exotic/foreign looking, And i Live near London.

Really doesn't share a resemblance with the majority of the people on this section of our island.

Ealhswið
Friday, June 16th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Her name is Sunetra Sastry. I can't find much information on her but the name suggests Indian descent and various online encyclopedias feature Rowan Atkinson & Sunetra Sastry on their interracial couples list (though they, annoyingly, fail to mention what her ancestry is).

Here's a pic of her -

http://67.15.149.71/i6/4/11/11/4111144381078.jpg

Skildur
Friday, June 16th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Her name is Sunetra Sastry. I can't find much information on her but the name suggests Indian descent and various online encyclopedias feature Rowan Atkinson & Sunetra Sastry on their interracial couples list (though they, annoyingly, fail to mention what her ancestry is).

Here's a pic of her -

http://67.15.149.71/i6/4/11/11/4111144381078.jpg

This is probably his second wife. The one i saw had blond hair and looked quite Nordid.

Oswiu
Friday, June 16th, 2006, 02:32 AM
They do exist but it is a rare type to encounter, particularly in northern England.
They are rare, but I don't even know if you could say especially so in the North.

Rowan Sebastian Atkinson was born on the 6th January 1955 in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, UK, to Ella May and Eric Atkinson. His father owned a farm where he grew up with his two older brothers, Rupert & Rodney. He attended Newcastle University and Oxford university where he earned degrees in electrical engineering.
All sounds fine and Bernician to me, and I'll back that up from personal experience - I have a friend from Hexham who resembles him in many ways. Especially on this picture;

http://www.nndb.com/people/947/000025872/atkinson.jpg

Slå ring om Norge
Friday, June 16th, 2006, 03:27 AM
He is very funny. Looks Italian to me.
His lips may look like some of one of the Israeli tribes, but then the liplines would be more more marked, and the mouths are generally larger.
I believe I have seen such eyelids at several Italians, and also the width of the brow reminds me of certains Roman rulers. Perhaps I mix up with his movies.

Glenlivet
Friday, June 16th, 2006, 07:28 AM
The English around London are very Nordid and predominantly blond without having any East-Baltid element. They are more Nordid than the people of eastern Sweden.

Im stunned to read people think that he typifies Englishmen! His look is clearly a rarity here. I find him exotic/foreign looking, And i Live near London.

Nicola_Canadian
Friday, June 16th, 2006, 07:35 AM
Med + Keltic

Glenlivet
Friday, June 16th, 2006, 07:43 AM
I know an Englishman who is similar to Rowan Atkinson.

The English in northern England look more Scandinavian, whereas the English in the southeast are more like the people of NW Germany, northern Netherlands and Jutland. The dark haired element in the north, is in my experience a robust type of (probably) pre-Celtic origin, like Peter Kay. You rarely see guys like Rupert Everett in the north. They are found among the upper middle-upper class of the south (especially southwest). The same can be said about Matthew Goode, his pigmentation is found in the north, but I have not seen anyone with his features in the north. Darker pigmentation in England has different sources. The one in the north is probably of a Palaeolithic origin and the one I have seen in the south is more Neolithic. It is the same in Scandinavia, all dark-haired or dark-haired individuals are not of the same type.

The Chilterns is a Mediterranid "island" (or have a considerable strain of Mediterranids) in many older anthropological maps over the British Isles. What do you think about that?

They are rare, but I don't even know if you could say especially so in the North.

Thruthheim
Friday, June 16th, 2006, 01:28 PM
The English around London are very Nordid and predominantly blond without having any East-Baltid element. They are more Nordid than the people of eastern Sweden.

I was referring to London in the sense that it's a Multi-Racial Cess-pit, giving example to my seeing Rowan as Exotic/foreign Looking even amongst Every race under the sun.

Drakkar
Saturday, July 15th, 2006, 06:49 AM
I would appreciate it if you would help me with this.. I was recently watching some Mr. Bean and was just wondering, how would he be classified? He looks like he could be from southern or western France.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38144000/jpg/_38144877_studio150pa.jpg http://interaktiv.vg.no/filmextra/bilder/personer/rowan_atkinson.jpg http://www.vh1.com/shared/media/images/movies/people/a/atkinson_rowan/150x223.jpg

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en-commons/thumb/8/87/180px-Atkinson_Rowan.jpg http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060207/060207_atkinson2_vmed_1p.widec.jpg
http://www.cinemagazine.ch/dotclear/images/18603846.jpg

OneEnglishNorman
Saturday, July 15th, 2006, 10:11 AM
I get the feeling he is just an aberrant rural type, nothing in his biography to suggest more recent foreign parentage. His skin is very sallow and olive. Anything is possible, he could be descended from SW England or Wales. Strange that he looks like this and is from North East England, right in the firing line of the Germanic/Scandinavian settlers.

Whereas someone like Ringo Starr, from an urban area, I think is probably of foreign origin, especially with that unusual name (or is it a stage name).

dazed&confused
Saturday, July 15th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Atkinson is rather unusual for an englishman, but still he has a hint of britishness in his look while Mike Skinner strikes me as more uncommon. He could pass for a continental if it wasn't for his unbearable brummie accent.

http://www.nrk.no/img/299225.jpeg

OneEnglishNorman
Saturday, July 15th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Mike Skinner is a CM + Med combination. If you forget his colouring, he is not so unusual.

Drakkar
Tuesday, July 18th, 2006, 12:47 AM
He could pass for a continental what do you mean by that?

sigill
Tuesday, July 18th, 2006, 01:15 AM
little affinity

Volker Michalowski (http://www.zack-online.net/) (german/polish comedian)

http://forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=65596&stc=1&d=1153180958http://www.vh1.com/shared/media/images/movies/people/a/atkinson_rowan/150x223.jpg

http://forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=65597&stc=1&d=1153181660

http://www.sat1.de/imperia/md/images/comedy_show/zack/bildergalerien/02/zack_12_500_404_Sat1.jpg

http://www.sat1.de/imperia/md/images/comedy_show/zack/bildergalerien/02/zack_26_500_404_Sat1.jpg

Nicola_Canadian
Tuesday, July 18th, 2006, 03:35 AM
little affinity

Volker Michalowski (http://www.zack-online.net/) (german/polish comedian)

Are you sure he's German+Polish?... In Eastern Europe he would be considered a Standard Jew

sigill
Tuesday, July 18th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Are you sure he's German+Polish?... In Eastern Europe he would be considered a Standard Jew

i wanted to say he live in germany and is a polish
in germany he is a "german" ;)

some_one_number_one
Sunday, December 10th, 2006, 10:30 PM
http://www.sadurski.com/kronika/fotki/fasola6.jpg
http://nonsensopedia.wikia.com/images/thumb/7/76/Fasola1.jpg/200px-Fasola1.jpg
http://www.dvdhohto.fi/media/img/leffat/english2.jpg
my guess is n.atlantid whit little bit keltic, his eyes look for me italiano

OneEnglishNorman
Sunday, December 10th, 2006, 10:52 PM
The consensus before was Litorid involvement.

Perhaps he is Paleo-Atlantid / Armenoid / Atlanto-Med, in that order.

Denger
Monday, December 11th, 2006, 03:41 AM
http://www.kabeleins.de/imperia/md/images/film_dvd/stars/a/150_176/atkinson_rowan_03_03_22_150_176_dpa.jpg

http://home.zcu.cz/~petrx/bean/1.jpg

Very interesting subject for classification! :thumbup
Appears to be a real mix, but I think that the consensus was indeed Atlantid + Armenid, in my opinion the Armenid is not very dominant.
Could have some Dinarid and Keltic too, reminds me of a number of Central/South Europeans that I have seen.
Btw, I have also seen quite a few people that resemble him in Bulgaria.