PDA

View Full Version : The Ills of Liberal Immigration Policies in Netherlands

Theudanaz
Tuesday, January 18th, 2005, 11:08 AM
My friend is anti-squatting in Noord Brabant. He's been under attack by "local" Moroccans, and was recently hurt in the neck by a rock one threw. Windows are being shattered, and he's considering moving to the randstad area (illogical since there's even more there). Where's Pim Fortuyn when you need him? Okay, he's dead... Still isn't there something my friend could do with impunity? Like torture and kill the first moroccans he sees on the street?:D If repatriation is considered cruel and too extreme, what kind of prison have they made for themselves in NL? It's a sad situation to say the least.

Oskorei
Wednesday, January 19th, 2005, 06:17 PM
It's always infuriating to hear about the behaviour of these occupying foreigners.

What is anti-squatting BTW?

Theudanaz
Wednesday, January 19th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Anti-squatting is the phenomenon whereby certain entrepeneurs propose their "anti-squat" organization as a preferable alternative to squatters, making deals with the empty building's owner as well as anti-squatter renters, who pay a nominal fee to the anti-squat agency and are in turn guaranteed perhaps greater priveleges and rights through the organization's compact with the owner, than would be afforded to normal squatters by default under Dutch squatter protection laws.

Thanks for your sympathetic word btw. It is very frustrating. It seems these Moroccans understanding nothing but war and violence. I would like to say "so be it..." but why condescend? There's something that separates the civilized from the uncivilized, modern from primitive.

Oskorei
Wednesday, January 19th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Thanks. It sounds like an interesting, and rather valuable, concept, potentially fullfilling the legitimate needs of both landlords and homeless/squatters. In Sweden we have no squatters at all AFAIK, mostly because of strong bureaucracy.

Agreed. Anyway they are biting the hand that feeds them. Here in Sweden, it is not so uncommon for the "new Swedes" as they are called, to assault not only Skinheads, but also Punks and brats (rich kids) just to show who owns the streets. But in the process they are of course alienating the groups that potentially would support them ;)