PDA

View Full Version : German Anti-Moslem Voices Louder in 2004

Mac Seafraidh
Wednesday, January 5th, 2005, 07:05 PM
German Anti-Muslim Voices Louder in 2004
http://www.islam-online.net/English/News/2005-01/03/images/pic01.jpg
Four German states have banned hijab in state-run schools

By Khaled Schmitt, IOL Correspondent

BERLIN, January 2 (IslamOnline.net) – As German Muslims turned the calendar page to 2005, they recalled being caught in an anti- and pro-Islam battle in 2004 with anti-Muslim voices speaking louder than ever.

Dealing with the Muslim community became the overriding concern of German officials against the backdrop of the murder of anti-Islam filmmaker Theo Van Gogh in neighboring Holland and the Madrid blasts.

They jumped on the anti-Islam bandwagon across Europe and came up with plans and ideas on the best way to contain the Muslim community security-wise.

All of a sudden, Muslim issues like hijab and integration were deliberately brought to the fore as if Muslims were the thorn in the government’s side.

Interior Minister in the state of Bavaria Guenter Beekstein was in the vanguard of officials attacking Muslims, accusing the sizable Turkish community of living in “parallel societies” with their own cultural and social activities.

Warning that the “Turkish ghettos” were posing a threat to German society, the minister called for placing restrictions on immigrants, including mastering the German language and adapting to the prevailing Christian culture.

His colleague Aneeta Schavan, the Culture Minister in the state of Baden-Wuerttemberg, pressed for enacting laws obliging imams to deliver their sermons and preach in German and deporting those who allegedly incite violence.

No sooner said than done: the new immigration law, under which immigrants are bound to attend language and culture classes, comes into force on Monday, January 3.

The law further provides for deporting imams inciting racial hatred against non-Muslims, particularly Jews.

It appears as if the anti-immigrants politicians follow in the footsteps of former chancellor Helmut Schmitt who said that contemporary German governments “committed the mistake of giving access to Muslim workers who are of different cultural backgrounds.”

Islam comes third after Protestant and Catholic Christianity. There are some 3.4 million Muslims in Germany, including 220,000 in Berlin alone.

An estimated two thirds of the Muslim community are of Turkish origin.

Though German Minister of Economics and Labor Wolfgang Clement said in June that Turkish investments help create 300,000 new jobs for Germans a year, 80 percent of the Turkish community feel discriminated against (http://islamonline.net/English/News/2004-11/27/article05.shtml), according a recent study.

Anti-Hijab Drive

Like France, hijab took central stage in Germany during 2004 with several states passing laws banning the Muslim veil either in state schools or at workplace.

The legislature in the southern state of Baden-Wuerttemberg voted almost unanimously in April for a law banning public school teachers from taking on the Muslim headscarf.

Lower Saxony followed suit after the state parliament, dominated by a coalition of the conservative Christian Democratic Union and the liberal Free Democrats, pressed for a similar law with the support of the opposition Social Democrats.

Of the six states which put forward anti-hijab measures, four have already put the drafts into effect.

Incumbent Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder voiced his opposition to civil servants wearing hijab, but made clear he was not against students taking them on in schools.

Former German president Johannes Rau said that there was nothing wrong for Muslim women to put “a piece of cloth” atop of their heads in obedience to their religion.

He stressed that if hijab was banned, all crosses and other religious signs should be taken off as well.

Only Berlin banned hijab, viewed in Islam as a religious obligation (http://www.islamonline.net/English/News/2003-12/21/article08.shtml), and religious insignia like crosses and skullcaps in state-run schools and institutions.

The Brussels-based European Commission expressed its deep concern that the German anti-hijab drive was running counter to the European anti-discrimination laws.

Good Judgment
http://www.islam-online.net/English/News/2005-01/03/images/pic01a.jpg
President Kohler stressed the importance of entering into a dialogue with Muslims </FONT>

Some officials, rights activists and Christian clerics, however, opposed the anti-Muslims campaigns.

President Horst Kohler stressed in May the importance of entering into a dialogue with Muslims, warning that Muslims were felling a “crusade” was being launched against their religion.

His predecessor Rau had said that Muslims in Germany should not be treated as second-class citizens, asserting that they have become part and parcel of the German society.

Interior Minister Otto Schily soothed fears sparked by the killing of the Dutch filmmaker, opposing any comparison between Germany and the Netherlands when it comes to the status of the Muslim community.

He further hailed the Muslim cooperation in the “war against terror.”

Head of the Greens Party, Claudia Roth, also opposed obliging imams to use German in their sermons as proposed (http://islamonline.net/English/News/2004-11/24/article05.shtml) by her party colleague and Integration Minister Marieluise Beck.

She questioned the very selective approach, noting that other religious communities were practicing their rituals in their native tongue.

The Greens’ parliamentary commission at the Rhein’s parliament also questioned why the government had dragged its feet on reaching out to the sizable Muslim community.
http://www.islam-online.net/English/News/2005-01/03/images/pic01c.jpg
The Hamburg kiosk used “Muslims Against Terror” as its mantra

The party drafted an initiative regulating the relation between the legislature and executive authorities in Rheinland-Pflaz state, on the one hand, and Muslims, on the other.

It called for establishing a unified Muslim Shura (consultative) Council whose elected chairman would be the legitimate representatives of the Muslim community in the state.

Add to that, the German University of Munster inaugurated in April the first institute qualifying Muslim teachers to teach Islam in state-run schools.

The Rhein’s Ministry of Education also started in July teaching the Islamic Guidance subject to some 5,000 Muslim students enrolled at 100 public schools in the state.

Also in July, Germany’s first Muslim Academy opened in Berlin, bringing together a host of scientists, researchers and academics from Germany and several Muslim nations.

Henier Belifiedrut, the director of the German human rights institute, said Germans should not place all Muslims in one basket, asserting that the vast majority of them were tolerant and moderate.

Some 40 Muslim youths, aged 18-30, set up a kiosk (http://islamonline.net/English/News/2004-12/26/article02.shtml)in central Hamburg on December 21-24, distributing illustrative materials on Islam among attentive and enthusiastic passers-by.

The energetic volunteers used “Muslims Against Terror” as their mantra to reinforce the fact that Muslims have nothing to do with terrorism.

http://www.islam-online.net/English/News/2005-01/03/article01.shtml (http://www.islam-online.net/English/News/2005-01/03/article01.shtml)

Fraxinus Excelsior
Sunday, February 6th, 2005, 03:48 AM
German Anti-Muslim Voices Louder in 2004 I hope they're even louder in 2005.

Lidvick
Sunday, February 6th, 2005, 08:24 PM
My computer has been acting weird and I am at another computer until the time I can get my computer fixed, So if you see two post please forgive me.;)

Good for the thing in Germany of cracking down on such things, I wish they would do the same with Mexico here but what are the odds of such a thing like that to occur? :|

This happens in Every Euro- Country and United States the fact being that people from all over the world come to make small little countries in our own existing countries.

To what end are we to watch this go on and on?

( Sighs) ** Shakes Head **

I wonder if such actions would then perhaps suggest that they are not wanted at the countries they are infesting.

:|

Nordraserei
Sunday, February 6th, 2005, 11:30 PM
I hope they're even louder in 2005.I second that. ;)

Polaris
Monday, February 7th, 2005, 04:17 AM
My computer has been acting weird and I am at another computer until the time I can get my computer fixed, So if you see two post please forgive me.;)

Good for the thing in Germany of cracking down on such things, I wish they would do the same with Mexico here but what are the odds of such a thing like that to occur? :|

This happens in Every Euro- Country and United States the fact being that people from all over the world come to make small little countries in our own existing countries.

To what end are we to watch this go on and on?

( Sighs) ** Shakes Head **

I wonder if such actions would then perhaps suggest that they are not wanted at the countries they are infesting.

:| Hopefully in the near future, White Texans will band together and stage such a protest against the invading non - whites. What a great day that will be. :)
The muslims do NOT even belong in Germany anyway. Why are they even there? Surely they have there own place in their own country. They need to halt actions of hosting on Euro countries. May the voices of our comrades echo an eternity.

fenriSS_
Monday, February 7th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Is it just me, or will muslims provoke a race war in europe?

Huzar
Monday, February 7th, 2005, 10:49 PM
Is it just me, or will muslims provoke a race war in europe?

Muslims are not an ethnic or racial group. Only religious. Racial issues wouldn't be , directly, their objectives(in theory). Although, in these circumstances, in actual europe, the tensions could develop in something of vaguely-racial relationed. Afterall, islamism is a foreign cultural influence in our continent. Difficult stopping similar tensions.

Lidvick
Tuesday, February 8th, 2005, 12:35 AM
Hopefully in the near future, White Texans will band together and stage such a protest against the invading non - whites. What a great day that will be. :)
The muslims do NOT even belong in Germany anyway. Why are they even there? Surely they have there own place in their own country. They need to halt actions of hosting on Euro countries. May the voices of our comrades echo an eternity.

Yes I can agree with that totally. :D

Oskorei
Tuesday, February 8th, 2005, 12:56 AM
Muslims are not an ethnic or racial group. Only religious. Racial issues wouldn't be , directly, their objectives(in theory). Although, in these circumstances, in actual europe, the tensions could develop in something of vaguely-racial relationed. Afterall, islamism is a foreign cultural influence in our continent. Difficult stopping similar tensions.
Agreed. I tend to use the old Marxian/Hegelian distinction between surface and basis/depth, when analysing racial history. On the surface, racial conflicts are rarely about race, but usually about religion, dynastics, states and similar things. But the real reasons, the basis for history, and the basis for various races following different religions, is racial. And the outcome of surface phenomena like religious conflicts, are racial.

So the expulsion of immigrants from Europe may very well have little to do with race, on the surface, and instead be presented as a conflict against Islam. But the fact that Islam is repulsive to most Europeans, is based in racial differences. And the outcome of the conflict will affect the racial basis of Europe for millenia.

Rahul
Wednesday, February 9th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Agreed. I tend to use the old Marxian/Hegelian distinction between surface and basis/depth, when analysing racial history. On the surface, racial conflicts are rarely about race, but usually about religion, dynastics, states and similar things. But the real reasons, the basis for history, and the basis for various races following different religions, is racial. And the outcome of surface phenomena like religious conflicts, are racial.

So the expulsion of immigrants from Europe may very well have little to do with race, on the surface, and instead be presented as a conflict against Islam. But the fact that Islam is repulsive to most Europeans, is based in racial differences. And the outcome of the conflict will affect the racial basis of Europe for millenia.

I do not understand if one has focussed on the racial hatred of that one non-racial class-the jews.

The news article mentions only that class prominently, when it talks about racial hatred among Muslims. Rest of the Germans particularly and Europeans, in general, hate the Muslims because of this "Racial tension".

Jews and Muslims are the same lot, in my eyes. I might include the British in the same lot, but I don't care much, they have already done their bit in destroying our land and people.

Look at Afghanan. Their land was systematically reduced to ruins by the Arab friends of Anglo-Americana and most Europeans even sought to justify that phenomena, in the hatred of a communist asiatic Russ. Ben Laden was planted in Afghanistan by Pakistanis(Gen Zia-Ul Haq) with tacit approval of the Americans and the British. Zia was the master terrorist who destroyed Pashtoons-A proud people, by invoking Islam and creating gradual subservience in favour of Arab-led Jehad-Campaign.

I have sincere friends among many Pashtoons from the Marwat-lands. Not one, even as I have spoken with them, approved the manner of that jehad against Russians, no matter how wrong that occupation was. But the Commanders and Generals(Warlords like Hekmatyar, Nek Mohammad, Ahmad Shah Massoud etc), procured by Euro-Americans and even openly patronised by those gracious backers in their European capitals, collaborated and brought to nothingness the ideals of Pashtoonwali. Euro-Americans cultivated, in the pretext of human rights and compassion, terrorism and depravation(Zia only allowed proliferation of Madarsa zealotry in Marwat) in our land. What bothers the world is that it is visiting Europeans back. Fanatical Islam which worships the Arab Soil(actually the sand), is the problem.

This was not the first time. The unionists and Sikhs were encouraged by the British to perpatrate the same policy in this region which resulted in the terrible tragedy of 1947 in Potohar and Kashmir.

Sadly, the entire world sees the theatre as the reality, which is in some backround. Kashmiri Culture was never about anyone's hatred. Tibet Bakaal alone could sing marvelous prayers to Sheva. Then a Pakhtoon alone, of all Muslims of world, would not mind chanting Jai Seeta Ram(Hail My Mother-The Land and Father Above!)

Predominance of the Euro-Amercan culture, after WW2 has resulted in rising fanaticism and strife in our land, especially given that the media highlights every little in a way which makes noticeable some factor interpreted as a reason to feel prejudiced.

Is this sick and divisive manner the essence of Germanen-Skandinavien Core?

I am sure it is not so!

Aliens in their land do not belong there if they think it is not to be, especially those who bring in morals of the Middle East, like the jewish ghettos of old.

Oskorei
Wednesday, February 9th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Is this sick and divisive manner the essence of Germanen-Skandinavien Core?

I am sure it is not so!

Aliens in their land do not belong there if they think it is not to be, especially those who bring in morals of the Middle East, like the jewish ghettos of old.
Interesting post as usual, Rahul.

I would say that the divisive manner described is not part of the essence of Germanics/Scandinavians. Rather it is a recent spiritual poisoning, that usually came in the form of the religions of the Middle East. Either directly in the form of Jewish power over our decision-making, or indirectly in the form of the "Judaizing" of our elites (especially visible after the triumph of Capitalism).

Our old ways and essential worldview is very similar to the old Indian.

Godewill
Friday, February 11th, 2005, 09:20 AM
"Islam comes third after Protestant and Catholic Christianity. There are some 3.4 million Muslims in Germany, including 220,000 in Berlin alone.

An estimated two thirds of the Muslim community are of Turkish origin."

My opinion is the muslin must be thown out of Germany. Germany is an Christian country with a heathen origin. The muslims are foreigners!
:sviking
I have not a problem to conclude treaties und alliiances with muslim countries against the US-Imperialism.

But! Germany isn't their homeland!:~(

Nice Greetings

Godewill

Evolved
Thursday, March 17th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Muslim Turks are in Germany because the Turkish government is a fundamentalist secular government which hates Islam and seeks to ban all outward manifestations of practicing/observant Muslims. I seem to remember this group of people in 1620's being persecuted for their religious beliefs and fleeing to a land they did not racially belong in. :(

Aragorn
Thursday, March 17th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Why should we accept millions of muslims among us and consider them as fellow brothers. They dont accept our traditions, our way of life, our culture and language, they just want to stay among us, spread their religions further, and like jews use our wellfare and only bennefit to what they can use to. Its OUR continent, let them stay in their filfthy desserts with their oil, cammels, drugs and violence. I see no mosques in Mecca, but they are in Rome, Berlin and Madrid. Why is that? Simply because they want to take over things in Europe, little by little, until they are in control here. But I will say one thing: I WILL NOT GO DOWN WITHOUT AN FIGHT.