PDA

View Full Version : Why are there so many probationary members?

SouthernBoy
Saturday, January 1st, 2005, 06:59 AM
Why are there so many probationary members? Why are those members of probation?

Ewergrin
Saturday, January 1st, 2005, 04:38 PM
Why are there so many probationary members? Why are those members of probation?

Apparently, it is the decision of our new Commander in Chief that all new members are on probation, until they can prove somehow that they aren't a threat to Skadis new orientation.

Tommy Vercetti
Saturday, January 1st, 2005, 09:41 PM
I noticed that boot have also swinged quite effectively...

QuietWind
Saturday, January 1st, 2005, 11:03 PM
I think that it is a good idea to make new members probationary members. It is a nice way of letting new members know that they are being watched. It also allows moderators easy identification of new members. Probation is not a bad thing. It is not like they are under moderation or being shunned. Even new employees to a job go on a probationary period, during which time they can be terminated for any reason. People who comit crimes are also often placed on probation. Probation is an encouragement to people to perform their best and behave. :)

rusalka
Sunday, January 2nd, 2005, 03:10 PM
Because Skadi has turned to LaLa Land ruled by Elmer Fudd (http://parkwayreststop.blogspot.com/Elmer%20Fudd.jpg). I think we should call it Skaši while we're at it. Looks more Germanic to me. :D We might as well start singing the Looney Tunes song now:

We're tiny
We're toony
We're all a little looney!

Speaking of which, there is such a thing as being a Loony Tunes Looney, as accurately described in the book Food Court Druids, Cherohonkees and Other Creatures Unique to the Republic (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0452285623/ref=ase_hipsterhandbo-20/002-0276668-1644829?v=glance&s=books). Now I'm thinking, why not call them and suggest a new class consisting of a unique breed of anthrofreaks who are mostly obsessed with Nordic/ish/nick supremacy and fantasized realities in which they are these creatures. Doesn't this all strike anyone as too close to Tolkien's Elves and everybody else scheme? Somebody has been reading too much fantasy here, I say. :D

Tommy Vercetti
Sunday, January 2nd, 2005, 04:59 PM
Who is this new sheriff in town?

Frans_Jozef
Sunday, January 2nd, 2005, 05:01 PM
a unique breed of anthrofreaks who are mostly obsessed with Nordic/ish/nick supremacy and fantasized realities in which they are these creatures.

Odd, the people I know who made in past and present a record to ridiculize racial classification and anthropology as science itself we're the ladies and gentlemen who coy but eager came to this freak and compendium of old-dated paradigms to ask his highly praised, nervously awaited opinion to know what race they are....

rusalka
Sunday, January 2nd, 2005, 05:20 PM
Odd, the people I know who made in past and present a record to ridiculize racial classification and anthropology as science itself we're the ladies and gentlemen who coy but eager came to this freak and compendium of old-dated paradigms to ask his highly praised, nervously awaited opinion to know what race they are....
Franz, dear, you know I'm not talking about your kind of highly scientific and purely intellectual studies on anthropology. I'm sure you know you are not of the "it says here that Nords have allergies. I have lots of allergies! LOTS! I must be Nordic. Am I not Nordic?" kind. Nor are you a pigmentation fetishist, and neither a looney at that. ;) I still enjoy "classification" threads even though they tend to get out of hand on the fifth post with "Nordishness" obsessed inclinations.

I like seeing how many (or how little) of some sub-racial characteristics individuals can show. I also like seeing the diversity of these characteristics (blame it on me being a mutt, if you wish); and personally take great enjoyment in learning about them, their roots, their socio-geological reasons etc. I like tracing the population movements via genetics and physical anthropology. But I can't stand the "I am Nordic-er than thou" attitude this forum has had for a LONG time (yes, long, even before that took over) and I can't stand the hypocrisy ranging from "favorites" to photoshopped photos to bleached hair being claimed as "natural" and all that bullshit. (I'm a girl, I can tell bleached hair from a mile away.)

Therefore, I'll just make good fun of every silly little game until they (The Holy of Holies S.A.V) decide to ban me too. :D I suggest refunding my remaining funds when they decide to, though, as it's still good till March.

Oh, and, as a side note to whomever is concerned with these "user titles": I am not a "friend of Germanics". Not exclusively anyway; and I didn't spend my precious time and money for you to keep up a circus. Make it a "Friend of Herself and an Annoying Little Upstart" for my pleasure, p l e a s e. :P

Class is dismissed. ;)

morfrain_encilgar
Sunday, January 2nd, 2005, 06:00 PM
Franz, dear, you know I'm not talking about your kind of highly scientific and purely intellectual studies on anthropology. I'm sure you know you are not of the "it says here that Nords have allergies. I have lots of allergies! LOTS! I must be Nordic. Am I not Nordic?" kind. Nor are you a pigmentation fetishist, and neither a looney at that. ;) I still enjoy "classification" threads even though they tend to get out of hand on the fifth post with "Nordishness" obsessed inclinations.

I know Nordishness often gets silly, Rusalka, but this is a Germanic forum, not a forum for for glorifying certain physical types.

As well as members who I know have been on Skadi for a long time including Frans, Dr Solar Wolff and Agrippa there are also people like Catchmeifyoukhan and Rhydderch who seem to have joined Skadi only recently.

rusalka
Sunday, January 2nd, 2005, 06:46 PM
I know Nordishness often gets silly, Rusalka, but this is a Germanic forum, not a forum for for glorifying certain physical types. I know it is a Germanic forum now, it wasn't one when I joined and participated in for a long time; hence all my effort and money spent on it. I wouldn't give a dime to any establishment run by Suomutt and his Norš-obsessed mates.

As well as members who I know have been on Skadi for a long time including Frans, Dr Solar Wolff and Agrippa there are also people like Catchmeifyoukhan and Rhydderch who seem to have joined Skadi only recently. Sorry, can't see the relevance here -but I'm sure you meant something, which I missed. Just for the record, I can say that I like and respect Frans, Dr. Solar Wolff, Agrippa and yourself greatly; and that's that. Doesn't change the fact that this place has become a circus, however.

morfrain_encilgar
Sunday, January 2nd, 2005, 07:06 PM
Sorry, can't see the relevance here -but I'm sure you meant something, which I missed. Just for the record, I can say that I like and respect Frans, Dr. Solar Wolff, Agrippa and yourself greatly; and that's that. Doesn't change the fact that this place has become a circus, however.

I was responding to "But I can't stand the "I am Nordic-er than thou" attitude this forum has had for a LONG time (yes, long, even before that took over)".

+Suomut+
Sunday, January 2nd, 2005, 07:10 PM
Why are there so many probationary members? Why are those members of probation?You haven't read this yet, so now you can do so to answer (in part) your own questions: http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?p=248419#post248419 . We have new members joining all the time, which results in increases in the Prob. Member population & there is a sizable # of persons who join and never do much of anything other than surf, so they never graduate out of Prob. Membership. This all explains the substantial Prob. Member population. Everyone new (and those who prolong initial activity) shall be moderated so as to prove whether or not they have joined with the purposes of this site in mind or not. All those of this group who join at cross-purposes to the purposes of Skadi Forum shall be removed from membership. Thank you.