PDA

View Full Version : a couple of questions

yamato
Friday, December 31st, 2004, 09:49 PM
ok, i am a newb when it comes to anthrophology, so i'd like to ask a couple questions to some of the anthropology experts here,

are cro-magnons ancestors of and phenotypically similar to modern day europeans?

are the mongoloids a product of intermingling of native homo erectus and newer homo sapiens arriving from africa?

are the originally homo sapiens who emigrated from africa to the rest of the world, similar to modern day africans (i've read that the african population has changed somewhat since homo sapien emigration)

in a BBC article i read (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/323657.stm), it stated that the ancient neandertals actually intermingled with the homo sapiens (in portugal), so i am wondering, could this intermingling have helped produce some of the features in the alpinids?

ok, i admit that the last question is little more than far fetched speculation

SouthernBoy
Friday, December 31st, 2004, 10:21 PM
Cro-Magnons are the ancestors of modern day Europeans, but few are very phenotypically similar to them.

I think Mongoloids are just evolved Homo sapiens sapiens.

The Africans of today are similar to, but more evolved to Africa's climates than the original Homo sapiens.

There is only one skeleton that suggests Homo neanderthelensis intermingled with Homo sapiens. There isn't any genetic evidence to prove that modern Europeans have any Neanderthal DNA. There isn't any evidence to prove that the offspring of a Sapiens and Neandethal union would be fertile.