PDA

View Full Version : Which Brands of Alcohol Do You Consume?

Northern Paladin
Monday, December 27th, 2004, 07:03 AM
For me it's Jack Daniel's and Wild Turkey since I am such a big fan of Whiskey. When it comes to Vodka it's Smirronoff. When it comes to beer I prefer Heineken or Corona.

Mac Seafraidh
Monday, December 27th, 2004, 07:11 AM
Newcastle Brown Ale,Jim Beam,Sam Adams, I mean I like beer mostly I will drink Bud Ice and Bud Ice Light usually. Miller Light is good too and people bash our Yankee beer, but it tastes good when you just want to drink beer. Whiskey is good stuff and I enjoy wine because it is healthy. Some wines actually are far better than any liquor, but there is so many. Chianti is great. I must seek once I travel . . .

bocian
Monday, December 27th, 2004, 02:42 PM
For me it's Jack Daniel's and Wild Turkey since I am such a big fan of Whiskey. When it comes to Vodka it's Smirronoff. When it comes to beer I prefer Heineken or Corona.

Girly beer, shitty wodka(what the hell is Smirronoff?), and since when is cough syrup whiskey? :D

JohnKeppler
Monday, December 27th, 2004, 06:18 PM
I don't drink very often, but when I do, I prefer Labatt Blue (American beer is too watery for my liking). If I'm in the mood for something hard, I'll drink Ice 101 (Peppermint schnapps). A word of warning: On New Year's Eve 2000, I decided to splurge and buy a $109 bottle of Dom Perignon. To my taste, it was no better than a $10 bottle of "champaigne". Cheers!

Krampus
Tuesday, December 28th, 2004, 12:58 AM
Beer: Spaten, Stiegl, Warsteiner and Pilsner Urquell for beer.

Alcohol- I like Grand Marnier, when I feel like spending the money. Clan MacGregor whiskey is a good buy and I like Jagermeister from the freezer. For Vodka I'll usually get Absolute or Finlandia.

Northern Paladin
Tuesday, December 28th, 2004, 07:21 AM
Girly beer, shitty wodka(what the hell is Smirronoff?), and since when is cough syrup whiskey? :D

Have you even tasted alcohol? And no the wine they give you at Mass doesn't count. :D

I meant Smirnoff. Cough syrup? Wild Turkey/Jack Daniels are good whiskies you obviously haven't given them a try. They taste nothing like cough syrup.

Stahl
Tuesday, December 28th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Beers I prefer : Sanwald, Erdinger, Guiness and of course belgian beer (17% :D)
Other alcoholic stuff: Absinth by Philippe Lasala or Francois Guy, Met by ars-nordica.de and Havana Club Rum.

Stríbog
Tuesday, December 28th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Beers I prefer : Sanwald, Erdinger, Guiness and of course belgian beer (17% :D)
Other alcoholic stuff: Absinth by Philippe Lasala or Francois Guy, Met by ars-nordica.de and Havana Club Rum.

I really enjoyed Erdinger when I was in Germany and had it with Spargelsuppe. I'm not sure whether I've seen it for sale in the US, though.

bocian
Tuesday, December 28th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Have you even tasted alcohol? And no the wine they give you at Mass doesn't count. :D

I meant Smirnoff. Cough syrup? Wild Turkey/Jack Daniels are good whiskies you obviously haven't given them a try. They taste nothing like cough syrup.

Believe me, I've tried my fair share of alcohol.

Wild turkey is ok, but Jack Daniels is horrible. Might be because I prefer Irish or Scotch whiskey. The beer you mentioned is over-priced, watered-down, and yes, girly. :D Try some German or Czech beer, Staropramen, Lowenbrau, Zlaty Bazant, Budvar, or even Becks (over-priced as well, but better than heineken)As for wodka, I would have to recommend, Luksusowa, Stolichnaya, Wyborowa and Zytnia. There are some good flavoured ones like Zubrowka and Gorzka Zoladkowa.

HC-9
Tuesday, December 28th, 2004, 11:36 PM
Beer of course ->Erdinger and Czech Budweiser are my favourites ;)

Drömmarnas Stig
Sunday, January 2nd, 2005, 02:52 PM
Only beer.

Jever, Krombacher, Paulaner, Flensburger, Murphy's, Miller's...

dazed&confused
Sunday, January 2nd, 2005, 04:38 PM
Beer: Guinness, Ceres, Menabrea.

Valckx
Sunday, January 2nd, 2005, 06:36 PM
Scotch whiskey.

Beer:Carlsberg,Heineken,Guinness

Hagalaz
Sunday, January 2nd, 2005, 08:54 PM
I like Grey Goose for Vodka (France).

As for beer I like Hoegaarden (Belgium white beer), Mollings (Irish ale), Heather ale (ancient Scottish blend), Rebel (Czech pilsner), New Castle (English), Guinness, etc :)

All American beer tastes like piss.

QuietWind
Sunday, January 2nd, 2005, 10:43 PM
Beer..... :stop The taste of it is just plain horrid!

I am a mixed drink type of person: Kamakazie, 3 wise men, bloody mary, etc. I also like Jello shots and frozen mixed drinks.

I only drink about twice a year, in order to get drunk and remind myself why I do not drink. Every six months I forget and repeat the process. :lol

Nordraserei
Sunday, January 2nd, 2005, 11:25 PM
Beer: Spaten, Stiegl, Warsteiner and Pilsner Urquell for beer.

Alcohol- I like Grand Marnier, when I feel like spending the money. Clan MacGregor whiskey is a good buy and I like Jagermeister from the freezer. For Vodka I'll usually get Absolute or Finlandia.
Clan MacGregor is great. I'm a big fan of scotch. :thumbsup. My buddy gave me a liter of Clan MacGregor for Christlingmas. It was a great gift.

Killians Irish Red has been my favorite beer for a while. I haven't had too many German brews. I hear in Germany they serve beer at room temperature unless you request otherwise.

Cosmotheist
Monday, January 3rd, 2005, 02:57 AM
Scotch -
Glenmorangie, Glenlivet, Dalmore
Beer - Paulaner Oktoberfest-Marzen or Spaten, when I can get it.

Heritage
Monday, January 3rd, 2005, 07:01 AM
I always drink scandinavian!

Beer: Norrlands Guld, Blågult and Carlsberg. When I recently visited Belgium I developed a taste for Stella though. My tip though, stay away from dark beer in Belgium, it taste like... well.... bad anyway...:-O

I am not a big fan of much else, but I have been known to drink the occasional vodka. Absolut of course. Currently I have a bottle of Finlandia, but I haven't tested it yet so I don't know what to think of it.

Also, Scottish cider and Ales are nice, but aren't for sale in Sweden so I am a bit starved at that front. When I visited I took the chance to taste them however.

anti-climacus
Monday, January 3rd, 2005, 10:00 AM
Amstel Light, Newcastle Brown Ale, and you can't forget Stella Artois

Odin Biggles
Wednesday, February 9th, 2005, 02:11 AM
Carlsberg, Stella Artois & a nice little drink which isnt very popular called Passoa mixed with Lemonade.

Fraxinus Excelsior
Wednesday, February 9th, 2005, 02:41 AM
Stella Artois, Warsteiner, Heineken, Rolling Rock, Labatt Blue, Löwenbräu, and Beefeater Gin.

And, Tequila. Any kind does the job.

green nationalist
Wednesday, February 9th, 2005, 02:53 AM
If Im stuck Ill drink anything, but i generally go for the Bulmers cider in the Pub, at home i drink the cheaper Devils Bit Cider, I tend towards tullomore dew or Jamesons Whiskey and Smirnoff Vodka or huzzar.

Theudanaz
Wednesday, February 9th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Pilsner, Lager, Ale & Hefe: the flavor must be subtle and complex and balanced:

Tuborg grøn, Carlsberg, Hansa, Hoegaarden, Wittekerk, De Palm, Leffe, Pilsner Urquell, Erdinger, Paulaner, Haacker-Pschorr, Stella Artois, Bavaria, Belhaven, Bitbürger...

Of course beer always tastes best when pared with good food, and in moderation.

As for red wine, whiskey, cognac, etc. I'm not familiar enough with brands to name them, but I like them well enough...

Bismark
Wednesday, February 9th, 2005, 10:35 AM
"[What] Brands of Alcohol [do] You Consume[?]"

My own, I own a still.

keltic_stijn
Sunday, February 20th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Pilsner, Lager, Ale & Hefe: the flavor must be subtle and complex and balanced:

Tuborg grøn, Carlsberg, Hansa, Hoegaarden, Wittekerk, De Palm, Leffe, Pilsner Urquell, Erdinger, Paulaner, Haacker-Pschorr, Stella Artois, Bavaria, Belhaven, Bitbürger...

Of course beer always tastes best when pared with good food, and in moderation.

As for red wine, whiskey, cognac, etc. I'm not familiar enough with brands to name them, but I like them well enough...
wittekerke as commercial as it can be, its made for a tlevision program called "wittekerke" ...

keltic_stijn
Sunday, February 20th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Belgian beer is the best, thats for sure:) . But I find it so strange that the foreigners like stella artois so much:-O . The reason for that must be becaus they make more publicity then other beers. Jupiler is the number one in Belgium! My personal favorites are Jupiler, delirieum treumels, Palm, Duve, and Leffe. ( ok Kasteelbier to :))