PDA

View Full Version : Classify Spanish model Laura Xicola

Conquistador
Tuesday, May 20th, 2003, 07:02 AM
As far as I know she's a Spanish model named Laura Xicola. I'm just wondering if her ancestry is either Celtiberian, Celtic, Visigothic or all them together.

Zimmer Mann
Tuesday, May 20th, 2003, 10:41 AM
It's always hard to tell. From just seeing this picture, she appears North West European. I'm not sure if there are exceptions to the rule of Mediterraneans always being dark complexioned. I would probably think that yes, she would have some Nordic admixture. It would also be interesting to see her parents and especially her siblings. She could have a brother or sister who looks strikingly different. If her eyes were brown I would have probably guessed her hair was lightened but since they are blue, the nordic trait is real despite a possibly altered hair color. Judging by her head shape, jawline, and chin I would designate a keltic influence over a teutonic. I suppose a teuton mixed with a mediterranean might produce something similar. I am not versed enough in exactly how much both Nordic branches influence the Iberian peninsula. Here is another Nordic Iberian, Judit Masco, that looks very un-mediterranean.

Vojvoda
Tuesday, May 20th, 2003, 06:30 PM
sure they both have nordic traits, I don't see why people would think its impossible for people from Spain to look like that just because it is in southern Europe. Even Coon said there are nordics , or "exotic nordics" in north Africa as well as the Canary Islands. Isn't the surname "Rodrigues" derived form the Visigothic name "Roderick"?

Conquistador
Wednesday, May 21st, 2003, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by providenje
sure they both have nordic traits, I don't see why people would think its impossible for people from Spain to look like that just because it is in southern Europe. Even Coon said there are nordics , or "exotic nordics" in north Africa as well as the Canary Islands. Isn't the surname "Rodrigues" derived form the Visigothic name "Roderick"?

The minority population of Nordics in Spain (1%, 400,000 or so) would most likely be in the Northern Regions; Galicia, Asturias, Cataluņa (a regional name which is a derivative of Gothland), in isolated areas of Castille and in Leon. But they are dwindling in number as the generations pass due to regional immigration and other factors. As for the Canary Islands, that's from a Guanche source.

And yes, the surname "Rodriguez" is derived from the Visigothic name "Roderick" as is the name "Rodrigo". Another famous name "Fernando", is derived from the name "Frithnanth".

EDIT:

Originally posted by Zimmer Mann
...Here is another Nordic Iberian, Judit Masco, that looks very un-mediterranean.

I looked in as to where Judit Masco is from and as I suspected, she's from Cataluņa.

Jkl
Wednesday, May 21st, 2003, 12:32 PM
Come on...there are much more nordic looking Spaniards than those 2 woman (I look much more nordic than them). There are MANY ignorant people that think that Southern Europe is populated by very swarthy looking people. I just tell them to come to Southern Europe and see it with your eyes!. There are lots of Spaniards -much more than what you think- that look like those 2 woman. Even many Meds are more pale than many Scandinavians (which are of more golden skin). Iīve seen dark haired Spaniards with completely pale skin (ie, the skin color of this Spanish woman is the true white skin and not the Scandinavian one, which is more golden) like this Spaniard:

This is the TRUE WHITE skin:

Jkl
Wednesday, May 21st, 2003, 12:36 PM
We also have redheads in Spain.

Nadia García:

Jkl
Wednesday, May 21st, 2003, 12:38 PM
More Spanish redheads:

Jkl
Wednesday, May 21st, 2003, 12:43 PM
People donīt realize that the Visigoths stablished in Spain and blended with the hispanorroman population. People still think that Spaniards canīt look fairer than Sothern French and that is a complete stupidity. Those who have been in Spain know that We donīt have a "Spanish look" because Spaniards can be very different.

So it is incredible when people start to talk about Southern Europeans being swarthy looking people. It must be a joke. The composition of the Spanish population is Iberian+Celt (half Spain was populated by celts during many centuries). Then We have had populations of Romans, Visigoths, white arabs, and then the 800.000 gipsies (who I donīt consider them Spaniards for much they have been in Spain for 600 years).

These are how the visigoths in Spain looked like in the XIII century (from the Cantigas de Santa Maria book)

Vojvoda
Wednesday, May 21st, 2003, 02:54 PM
I'm sure when people in north america think of hispanics,latinos, spaniards, they think of mulatto mexicans and south americans or whatever...stereotyping. I am not spanish but one of my pet peeves is when someone calls a mexican "spanish".

Jkl
Wednesday, May 21st, 2003, 06:09 PM
providenje,

Yes I totally hate the stupid "Hispanic/Latino" classification. It is an insult to the History and an insult to Spaniards and Spanish descendants. It is even more insulting when those southamericans say they are "Spanish". Itīs incredible!. It is like if a Jamaican was calling himself "English or Briton". But the sad history is that most people believe them (specially northamericans).

Here in Spain We have been massively invaded (hundred of thousands) by non-white Southamericans. They keep saying to us that We should call them "Latinos". Come on, they are pure indians (specially ecuatorians and peruans)!. We also have light mestizos from Colombia and Venezuela. They are clearly non-white and they are arrogant, false, and prepotent. Most Spaniards really dislike non-white southamericans.

In certain hospitals in Madrid there are more non-white southamericans giving birth than Spaniards. Almost 1 out of 5 Madrileņos are inmigrants (15%). In 20 years the biggest cities of Spain will look like Quito, Lima or Bogotá, and many Spaniards still donīt realize the problems We will have because it.

Conquistador
Thursday, May 22nd, 2003, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by JKL
Come on...there are much more nordic looking Spaniards than those 2 woman (I look much more nordic than them). There are MANY ignorant people that think that Southern Europe is populated by very swarthy looking people. I just tell them to come to Southern Europe and see it with your eyes!. There are lots of Spaniards -much more than what you think- that look like those 2 woman. Even many Meds are more pale than many Scandinavians (which are of more golden skin). Iīve seen dark haired Spaniards with completely pale skin (ie, the skin color of this Spanish woman is the true white skin and not the Scandinavian one, which is more golden) like this Spaniard:

This is the TRUE WHITE skin:

I never proclaimed that Meds were swarthy or DARK, I just want the Nordic element in Spain to be preserved along with the Mediterranean element. I also agree on the fact that many North-Americans are idiots when they believe every other stereotype there is when it comes to the lies about Spaniards and their descendents. I laugh when I hear Mestizos say they are pure Spanish, LOL...stupid indians, they hate it when they can't be or look as European as they wish to be. Mestizos cannot stand to be told that they are part Indian, it drives them insane when they hear it. I hope Spain drives out those indians mongrels out of their nation, it pisses me off to know that they are reproducing en masse every year. All my luck goes to you and your kin, JKL.

Sigrun Christianson
Thursday, May 22nd, 2003, 09:57 AM
JKL:
the skin color of this Spanish woman is the true white skin and not the Scandinavian one, which is more golden... This is the TRUE WHITE skin

So Scandinavian skin is UNTRUE white skin in your opinion? Can you explain this a little further, please? :)

goidelicwarrior
Thursday, May 22nd, 2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by providenje
I'm sure when people in north america think of hispanics,latinos, spaniards, they think of mulatto mexicans and south americans or whatever...stereotyping. I am not spanish but one of my pet peeves is when someone calls a mexican "spanish". no hard feelings to this guy.. but its something like this you mean?

Conquistador
Thursday, May 22nd, 2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by triskel
no hard feelings to this guy.. but its something like this you mean?

LOL! Now, that indian is the prime example of a Untermensch. x_hehe

cosmocreator
Thursday, May 22nd, 2003, 09:02 PM
I think that first girl is sub-Nordic. I see the Alpine in her.

Jkl
Thursday, May 22nd, 2003, 11:33 PM
Conquistador, thanks for your words but Spain (as any other Western European country) has been massively "invaded" by non-whites. The biggest cities of Spain (specially Madrid and Barcelona) have really alarmant rates of inmigrants and the worst thing is that most of the inmigrants are having many sons (Spaniards also have the lowest natality in the world) so you can easily imagine how will Spain look like in 20 years...The Government has been taking measures but many illegals keep comming to our country and it is not easy to repatriate them to their original countries because they burn their passports, so it is not easy to determinate if someone is from Senegal or Nigeria, from Morocco or Argelia to be able to repatriate them.

Crimes, assaults in the streets, robberies in banks, in jewelries and in homes, even rapes of Spanish women, are everydays news. Almost all of them are done by inmigrants. Even there are young ecuatorians in some schools in gangs, they are called "Latin Kings" and their aim is to fight against young Spaniards in the schools. People is really upset about the amount of inmigrants in Spain.

Sigrun Christianson
Friday, May 23rd, 2003, 02:58 AM
You still haven't answered my question, JKL. If you're going to make such a bold, bold statement, you better be able to explain yourself and back it up.

JKLwrote:
the skin color of this Spanish woman is the true white skin and not the Scandinavian one, which is more golden... This is the TRUE WHITE skin

-Sigrun

Conquistador
Friday, May 23rd, 2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by JKL
Conquistador, thanks for your words but Spain (as any other Western European country) has been massively "invaded" by non-whites. The biggest cities of Spain (specially Madrid and Barcelona) have really alarmant rates of inmigrants and the worst thing is that most of the inmigrants are having many sons (Spaniards also have the lowest natality in the world) so you can easily imagine how will Spain look like in 20 years...The Government has been taking measures but many illegals keep comming to our country and it is not easy to repatriate them to their original countries because they burn their passports, so it is not easy to determinate if someone is from Senegal or Nigeria, from Morocco or Argelia to be able to repatriate them.

Crimes, assaults in the streets, robberies in banks, in jewelries and in homes, even rapes of Spanish women, are everydays news. Almost all of them are done by inmigrants. Even there are young ecuatorians in some schools in gangs, they are called "Latin Kings" and their aim is to fight against young Spaniards in the schools. People is really upset about the amount of inmigrants in Spain.

I can't believe you have to fight against that kind of scum over there. It's the same thing over here in the United States, but it's 10 times as worse. What Spain needs to do is to get rid of them in any way possible no matter what the cost. I have been around mestizo scum all my life, and believe me when I say this, NO NOT ACCEPT THEM. They're a virus, they're sub-human, and most of all, they're scum. Spain is your homeland, do not let it be poisoned like the US is already.

Conquistador
Friday, May 23rd, 2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by cosmocreator

There are a few Alpine strains in Spain, chiefly in the Basque Country and in certain areas along the Northern regions. They are rare in Spain, but not impossible to find.

Jkl
Friday, May 23rd, 2003, 09:28 PM
Conquistador,

Yes, We are now starting to realize how this amerindian/mestizos are. The problem is that there are some Spaniards that still think that because they have Spanish surnames it is because they have Spanish ancestors. They donīt realize that they got their Spanish surnames when the amerindians were christianized.

Sigrun wrote:

If you're going to make such a bold, bold statement, you better be able to explain yourself and back it up.

Do I have to note some kind of violence in your words?.

It was already explained in the same message:

"the skin color of this Spanish woman is the true white skin and not the Scandinavian one, which is more golden"

It is about tonalities.

Zimmer Mann
Saturday, May 24th, 2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by cosmocreator

I think you're right. She does look at least partially alpinid. A good example of an Alpine is Christina Ricci.

Conquistador
Saturday, May 24th, 2003, 03:37 AM
If I were you all, which I am not, I would pay more attention to facial features and bone structure than to the various skin tonalites in Europe and abroad.

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Saturday, May 24th, 2003, 07:14 AM
The pale brunette white skin doesn't burn or redden with sun, atmosphere, or alcohol like the nordic.

I've been drinking a lot tonight and it turned my face quite red, does that make me nordic?x_hehe

Well maybe I should just drink less LOL

cosmocreator
Saturday, May 24th, 2003, 11:49 PM
I think you're right. She does look at least partially alpinid. A good example of an Alpine is Christina Ricci.

Alpine could be broken down into sub-type too. She would be in one of them.