PDA

View Full Version : What is Aistin?

Tommy Vercetti
Monday, December 13th, 2004, 09:58 PM
I have impression that they a some sort of nords. Can anyone explain more detailed, who they are, where they live and where they come from?

SouthernBoy
Monday, December 13th, 2004, 10:31 PM
It's Baltid and Nordid. I am unfamiliar with it though.

Tommy Vercetti
Tuesday, December 14th, 2004, 07:30 PM
C'mon, Noone else? I'm asking because this is only place where I have run into this, and I have suspicion that it's figment of somebody's imagination

The Blond Beast
Tuesday, December 14th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Is it not the "Eastern Nordid" of the Baltic region (e.g. Estonia)?

Ross
Tuesday, December 14th, 2004, 09:33 PM
It's a mesocephalic Brunnoid type of coastal Latvia, Estonia and Finland, known in contemporary anthropoogical literature as West-Baltid.

West-Baltids are not a sub-type Nordics, neither they're a mixture of Nordic and Baltic types.

SouthernBoy
Tuesday, December 14th, 2004, 09:54 PM
I think a lot of the "alpinoid" that people see in Estonia, and Latvia is probably reduced Brunnid.

cruhmann
Saturday, December 18th, 2004, 06:57 AM
I believe that Aistin is a cross between Corded and the mesocephalic Brunn-like type spoken of earlier.
West-Baltic was a term Czekanowski used to describe predominantly Borreby populations typical of of the Fehmarn island, Probstei and Finkewaerder Island districts, all in Holstein, and Wiedingsgards district of Schleswig.

Väring
Saturday, December 18th, 2004, 12:11 PM
It's basically a high headed Nordic type with a strong Corded component. Original Balts (Aistians) belonged to this type which is why the term "Aistin" is used. From what i understand it is to be found in the eastern parts of Europe. It is sometimes referred to as "East-Nordic".