PDA

View Full Version : Protein mixing..

Panzerboy
Friday, December 10th, 2004, 05:39 PM
when i bye proteins i buy a bag of raw wheys or glutamines, and the retailer also sells bags of grape-sugar that one is supposed to mix the proteins into.

ive rather mixed my proteins into chockolate milk powder and milk for taste.

however, this sugar cannot be healthy, and my teeth dont look so good either. and my question is, is there anything else with wich i can mix my protein powder, that i drink immediately after workouts, other than sugars?

..something more healthy, like fruit juice or something high glucemic from potatoes or something?

the nutrition bit of working out is totally important, what choices are there to be found on the market, that arent that expensive..?

Tommy Vercetti
Friday, December 10th, 2004, 11:23 PM
when i bye proteins i buy a bag of raw wheys or glutamines, and the retailer also sells bags of grape-sugar that one is supposed to mix the proteins into.

ive rather mixed my proteins into chockolate milk powder and milk for taste.

however, this sugar cannot be healthy, and my teeth dont look so good either. and my question is, is there anything else with wich i can mix my protein powder, that i drink immediately after workouts, other than sugars?

..something more healthy, like fruit juice or something high glucemic from potatoes or something?

the nutrition bit of working out is totally important, what choices are there to be found on the market, that arent that expensive..?

Mix the whey into water. There's casein-protein in milk which slows down your stomach content absorbtion in blood and your recovery is slower. Right after taking whey you should also take fast carbohydrates(sugar) to raise your insuline.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Saturday, December 11th, 2004, 11:14 PM
Why do you waste your money on protein powder? You can simply buy a container of cottage cheeze and eat it AFTER your regular meal. If you are doing heavy workouts with weights, you will put on muscle mass without fat and it will be alot cheaper than protein powder.

Tommy Vercetti
Saturday, December 11th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Why do you waste your money on protein powder? You can simply buy a container of cottage cheeze and eat it AFTER your regular meal. If you are doing heavy workouts with weights, you will put on muscle mass without fat and it will be alot cheaper than protein powder.

Your post doesn't make much sense.

Whey is fatfree and faster in use than any cheeses.It isn't even expensive.
Idea is that you workout with empty stomach and low bloodsugar and use these powders in fast recovery.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Sunday, December 12th, 2004, 05:49 AM
"Recovery" is based on hormones, not just on what you eat. During WW2, the Germans did a study on protein intake and performance. For a fighter pilot to reach peak performance, for instance, he needed to ingest 80 grams of protein per day. Imagine what it would be for a power lifter. The Russians and Bulgarians solved this problem in the 1980s by taking blood samples each day and tailoring a diet.

Whey is not protein, it is milk sugar. Casine is milk protein. In "Cruds and whey" it is the curds which is protein. A pound of cottage cheese has as much protein as a pound of beef yet much fewer calories. There is no mixing and no BS, you just eat it after dinner and that's it.

I always worked out on an empty stomach but that is not necessary or universal. Some big squatters like to eat a big meal before doing squats. They claim the extra internal pressure, along with the belt, gave them additonal strength. A Yugoslavian trainer I met once advised his Ameican student to eat a sandwich made of bread and lard--yes pure fat. He said, and it is not uncomon to hear, that it is just calories not any special type of food which matters. I always got my best muscle gains eating a pound of cottage cheese after dinner and I have tried and paid for all the protein powders imaginable.

Tommy Vercetti
Sunday, December 12th, 2004, 11:11 AM
Whey is not protein, it is milk sugar. Casine is milk protein. In "Cruds and whey" it is the curds which is protein. A pound of cottage cheese has as much protein as a pound of beef yet much fewer calories. There is no mixing and no BS, you just eat it after dinner and that's it.

I don't know if the word "whey" has different meaning in english, but the whey I eat has informative label on its package, where you can see all the aminoacids it contains and percentages of them. There's no fat, no carbohydrates=no sugars and only tiny bit of casine.

I thought milk sugar=lactose

Tommy Vercetti
Sunday, December 12th, 2004, 11:46 AM
I always worked out on an empty stomach but that is not necessary or universal. Some big squatters like to eat a big meal before doing squats. They claim the extra internal pressure, along with the belt, gave them additonal strength. A Yugoslavian trainer I met once advised his Ameican student to eat a sandwich made of bread and lard--yes pure fat. He said, and it is not uncomon to hear, that it is just calories not any special type of food which matters. I always got my best muscle gains eating a pound of cottage cheese after dinner and I have tried and paid for all the protein powders imaginable.

Like you said, It's not universal.What works on you may not work on me. Working out with empty stomach or right after the meal I think the key is steady bloodsugar. If working out with empty stomach and low bloodsugar it is important to "recover" fast after workout to avoid catabolic state, and that's when quick absorbing protein powders are better than cottage cheese.I'd take the cottagecheese as a supper right before I going to sleep

Dr. Solar Wolff
Monday, December 13th, 2004, 12:48 AM
Like you said, It's not universal.What works on you may not work on me. Working out with empty stomach or right after the meal I think the key is steady bloodsugar. If working out with empty stomach and low bloodsugar it is important to "recover" fast after workout to avoid catabolic state, and that's when quick absorbing protein powders are better than cottage cheese.I'd take the cottagecheese as a supper right before I going to sleep

Well, to lose fat from your workout it must be done on an empty stomach, in the morning before you eat any sugar. The cottage cheeze thing will only work if you do this in addtion to your regular meal, not as a meal.

Panzerboy
Monday, December 13th, 2004, 02:43 AM
cheesus!

im in norway, cottage cheese is really expensive here. how bout dryed fish, is that good for protein? we got dry fish.:)

Beren
Monday, December 13th, 2004, 07:15 PM
cheesus!

im in norway, cottage cheese is really expensive here. how bout dryed fish, is that good for protein? we got dry fish.:)
What about low-fat curd cheese?