PDA

View Full Version : "Roman Feet, Greek Feet"

Vojvoda
Friday, May 16th, 2003, 01:02 AM
If your distal phalange next to your hallux(big toe) is longer than the hallux, then you have what they call "Roman feet", if it is shorter than your hallux it is "Greek" according to statues sculpted in anicent times. So, as strange as this may sound, do feet have anything to do with sub-races?

Hans
Friday, May 16th, 2003, 03:25 AM
Mine are the same length! :erm

Please don't call me freak boy.

Vojvoda
Friday, May 16th, 2003, 03:49 AM
Oh then I guess you have what they call "Greek feet".BTW I do not have a foot fetish:) Anyway, I wonder why the sculptors of ancient Rome and Greece would sculpt the feet in a different fashion from each other?

Zimmer Mann
Friday, May 16th, 2003, 03:53 AM
I know women have longer index fingers than ring fingers and men the opposite.

Ederico
Friday, May 16th, 2003, 12:35 PM
I think I have Roman feet if I understood those terms correctly. My big toe is smaller in length than the toe next to it, is that having Roman feet?

Razmig
Monday, December 22nd, 2003, 09:41 AM
I have Roman, as does my dad. My mom has Greek, like my older brother. Me and my dad are lean, my mom and brother are "husky", well not so much my mom now.

Jack
Monday, December 22nd, 2003, 10:30 AM
I have 'Greek feet' if I understand this correctly.

Gesta Bellica
Monday, December 22nd, 2003, 12:31 PM
then i'm extremely roman :D

Glenlivet
Monday, December 22nd, 2003, 03:57 PM
I have Roman of European shoe size 47 (12.5-13 in USA and 12 in UK) : - ).

Vojvoda
Monday, December 22nd, 2003, 04:10 PM
I have Roman of European shoe size 47 (12.5-13 in USA and 12 in UK) : - ).

The legendary mystery of 'Bigfoot' has been solved :-)

Mac Seafraidh
Monday, December 22nd, 2003, 04:12 PM
Well Sicilians = Southern Greeks racially, so they must have very similar feet.

Glenlivet
Monday, December 22nd, 2003, 04:19 PM
It certainly has : - ). I wonder if there is any data over average shoe sizes in European countries.

The legendary mystery of 'Bigfoot' has been solved :-)

Nordgau
Monday, December 22nd, 2003, 06:23 PM
I have "Greek feets".

Razmig
Monday, December 22nd, 2003, 11:21 PM
My feet are 12.5-13 just as well, I think thats average size for all men if Im not correct. It used to be 9.5-10 in the 60's did it not?

Glenlivet
Monday, December 22nd, 2003, 11:48 PM
13, average size, if you are not incorrect? I doubt that. I think that average is 9 or 10.

My feet are 12.5-13 just as well, I think thats average size for all men if Im not correct. It used to be 9.5-10 in the 60's did it not?

nemo
Tuesday, December 23rd, 2003, 01:52 AM
I don't have Greek feet and I don't have Roman feet, the feet that I have are all mine.

Awar
Tuesday, December 23rd, 2003, 04:57 AM
I have 'greek' feet, but surprisingly, there is a small sticker MADE IN TAIWAN. :-D

AngryPotato
Tuesday, December 23rd, 2003, 05:31 AM
I was going to post a picture of my foot, but I don't want to scare anyone.
Depending on how I straighten my toes I can show either as being longer. Now I will be frustrated. I never noticed my ring finger was longer, but that also depends on how I straighten my fingers. I would place the average shoe size in the US between 9 & 10.5 Trying to find coverings for these 15s is a hassle.

Awar
Tuesday, December 23rd, 2003, 05:39 AM
I've read that the length of the index and ring finger has everything to do with testosterone. Males should have longer ring fingers, the more you're a man, the longer it is ( the finger :-D).

Having said that, my ring finger is longer than my index :-)

AngryPotato
Tuesday, December 23rd, 2003, 05:40 AM
I've read that the length of the index and ring finger has everything to do with testosterone. Males should have longer ring fingers, the more you're a man, the longer it is ( the finger :-D).

Having said that, my ring finger is longer than my index :-)

Ahh yes on closer inspection I can clearly see that my ring finger is incredibly longer than my index. Must have been the lighting.

Awar
Tuesday, December 23rd, 2003, 05:50 AM
Yeah, but mine is longer than Yours! :-D

Jack
Tuesday, December 23rd, 2003, 01:09 PM
My ring finger is nearly a centimeter longer than my index finger. Is that normal...?

Abby Normal
Tuesday, December 23rd, 2003, 05:29 PM
That's not how I was taught this!

I was told that Greek feet are when the second toe is longer than the big toe,
Egyptian feet are when the second toe is shorter than the big toe,
and Peasant feet are when all the toes are the same length...

Anyone else heard it this way?

By the way, according to your way I have Greek feet, and according to mine I have Egyptian.

Dr_Jan
Wednesday, April 7th, 2010, 06:46 PM

Zimmer, not sure where you got that. I have longer ring finger than index, and I'm definitely a woman. (My three kids will vouch for me.):)

Stimme
Wednesday, April 7th, 2010, 09:22 PM
So, as strange as this may sound, do feet have anything to do with sub-races?

I'd like to know this, too. Does anyone (maybe one of those great classificators we have) know something about this?

GermanJerseyGuy
Thursday, November 18th, 2010, 02:45 PM

This is due to testosterone. There was a study on elite Rugby players and the longer the ring finger than the index correlated to higher testosterone levels and better performance.

GJG

Horagalles
Thursday, November 18th, 2010, 05:43 PM
This is due to testosterone. There was a study on elite Rugby players and the longer the ring finger than the index correlated to higher testosterone levels and better performance.

GJGI wasn't even aware that there is a difference like that, as almost all index/ring fingers I obeserve are more or less the same length. I just notice that the sockets for the ring finger are deeper on my hands.

MountainGuardian
Wednesday, March 16th, 2011, 05:51 AM
I must Greek plus feet... lol
My second toe is nearly 3/4 inch longer than my big toe.

I honestly thought every ones second toe was longer than the big toe..

MountainGuardian
Wednesday, March 16th, 2011, 05:56 AM
I read about twenty articles on the ring finger length, the length is determined by testosterone level while in the womb. The longer it is compared to the index finger the more testosterone exposure while in the womb. They get an index number by dividing the length of the index finger by the length of the ring finger.. normal for a man is in the .9 range. The lower the number the higher your level of testosterone will be.

CurlyMenace
Friday, May 13th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Ok- I have one of each, one Greek (right foot) and one Roman (left). I guess I am definitely a mixture then? LOL