PDA

View Full Version : What's With The Raven?

cosmocreator
Thursday, May 15th, 2003, 09:02 PM
Couple of days ago I was sitting in a park. This raven was sitting on a fence watching me. I threw a donut on the ground and the raven swooped down cawing and fluffing up it's feathers. It looked up and saw this seagull spiralling in. Just as the seagull got close, the raven jumped up and dive bombed the seagull -- the seagull crashing into the ground. The seagull then flew to a street light. The raven flew up to it and started attacking it. The seagull tried to fly off and the raven chased it. Shortly afterwards a flock of seagulls came and this raven is trying to fight them all off. The seagulls eventually got the donut.

Then yesterday, I was sitting in another park and I saw this raven chasing a squirrel. Today, I saw 5 ravens flying after and attacking a bald-headed eagle.

(yeah, I spend alot of time in parks. tough life. what can you do?:king )

Ederico
Thursday, May 15th, 2003, 09:07 PM
Well at least you can see those birds. Here the hunters shoot them all.

Hans
Friday, May 16th, 2003, 01:44 AM
Hehe

I'm probably one of those hunters
:Ola

cosmocreator
Friday, May 16th, 2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Hans
Hehe

I'm probably one of those hunters
:Ola

I've always wondered what it would be like to hunt humans.x_nono :Armed

Saoirse
Friday, May 16th, 2003, 03:20 AM
Animal Cruelty is Jewish. I wonder myself what it would be like to hunt humans, and see how they like it.

Hans
Friday, May 16th, 2003, 03:42 AM
Don’t give me this BS. You can thank your pot smoking, bead twirling, hairy armpited hippies for your viewpoints. All they show you is some idiot making an amateur shot to the buttocks, sawing of the deer’s head, and then leaving the rest behind. The fact of the matter is that half of my shots personally have been high precision head shots, if not that, then heart/lung shots. Not human? I’d say it’s better than smashing a hammer into a cow’s head a few times. How about dry electrocution? Sounds…err…painful. The meat from hunting saves families hundreds of dollars.

x_barf Vegetarian?

Face it people, we have canines for a reason.

Stríbog
Friday, May 16th, 2003, 04:03 AM
Animal Cruelty is Jewish. I wonder myself what it would be like to hunt humans, and see how they like it.

When did Pantheon Europa become PETA? x_p
Since when is hunting animal cruelty? I'd say that unnecessary cruelty to humans is Jewish as well.

Azdaja
Friday, May 16th, 2003, 03:55 PM
I'm generally not against hunting, but in a country as small as Malta, it has GOT to be screwing up the ecosystem.
I am 100% against that.

Ederico
Friday, May 16th, 2003, 04:10 PM
Yeah definitely, but unfortunately the hunters lobby are so powerful here that all parties except the Greens (I only like these for environmental policies) kiss their asses. In fact the Government is proud to have got a concession from the EU which will allow hunting to continue in Spring unlike other EU countries.

Scáthach
Friday, May 16th, 2003, 05:10 PM
unneccesary cruelty to animals cannot be tolerated! when i say unneccesary,i mean that i fully advocate eating animals-we humans are carnivores afterall-but these animals such as cows,sheep,chickens etc should be treated well and killed quickly and as painlessly as possible.
i still admire vegetarians though..i became aneamic through trying to be one so i gave up for my health's sake!

as for domesticated animals,such as dogs and cats anyone found treating these animals and others inhumanely should be shot...or hanging would perhaps be a better bet since its far slower :bravo

cosmocreator
Friday, May 16th, 2003, 06:54 PM
Don’t give me this BS. You can thank your pot smoking, bead twirling, hairy armpited hippies for your viewpoints. All they show you is some idiot making an amateur shot to the buttocks, sawing of the deer’s head, and then leaving the rest behind. The fact of the matter is that half of my shots personally have been high precision head shots, if not that, then heart/lung shots. Not human? I’d say it’s better than smashing a hammer into a cow’s head a few times. How about dry electrocution? Sounds…err…painful. The meat from hunting saves families hundreds of dollars.

x_barf Vegetarian?

Face it people, we have canines for a reason.

I'm not a vegetarian. I live on meat. I'm significantly Upper Paleolithic. I need meat. I'm against killing animals cause it's fun. Hey, there's a bird. Let's kill it. You know. I'm not against hunting for food. I prefer wild game to grocery store meat.

Scáthach
Friday, May 16th, 2003, 07:17 PM

Face it people, we have canines for a reason. [/B]

im just hoping he means 'canines' as in teeth rather than implying we should eat dogs x_rofl

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Friday, May 16th, 2003, 07:29 PM
All the Ravens are going a little bit quirky lately because I have been controlling them with my mystical mind powers.

Ravens are one of the only types of birds I like. I hope that raven sends a "murder" of crows to seek revenge on those blasted seagulls...

I kind of had a weird experience with a raven the other day....nothing like yours though...I was just sitting outside work having a cigarette break, then I started to think of the poem "The Raven" and of my avatar etc. here at the forum....and then I see this huge black bird (an ominous bird of yore! lol) just across from me in the middle of the road, just staring at me. It stayed there for a little bit, than finally flew away...I just thought it was one of those weird coincidences that just makes the day for me! :D

Scáthach
Friday, May 16th, 2003, 07:41 PM
i dont think we even have real ravens here! crows and seagulls yes but not much more :(

cosmocreator
Friday, May 16th, 2003, 07:42 PM
i]Originally posted by Vanessa [/i]
All the Ravens are going a little bit quirky lately because I have been controlling them with my mystical mind powers.

I thought it might be your doing :spanking

I was just sitting outside work having a cigarette break,

What?!! You smoke!!! Yuck!!!:spanking

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Friday, May 16th, 2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by cosmocreator
What?!! You smoke!!! Yuck!!!:spanking

Yes, and I love smoking! hehehe Well I quit for a few months, it's hard to not start again...the average is quitting three times before you do for good *sigh*...next times my second so I think I'm stuck smoking for awhile longer....:goodmorni

AryanSoldier
Friday, May 16th, 2003, 08:12 PM
Natures law is what I live by.

The strong survive whilst the weak perish.

Thats why the Raven fought so hard to keep the donut.

cosmocreator
Friday, May 16th, 2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by AryanSoldier
Natures law is what I live by.

The strong survive whilst the weak perish.

Thats why the Raven fought so hard to keep the donut.

I think those ravens are just evil racist.

Scáthach
Friday, May 16th, 2003, 10:50 PM
Soldier,love the pit you have for an avatar :)

cosmocreator
Saturday, May 17th, 2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Vanessa
Yes, and I love smoking! hehehe Well I quit for a few months, it's hard to not start again...the average is quitting three times before you do for good *sigh*...next times my second so I think I'm stuck smoking for awhile longer....:goodmorni

I went to my cave high in the mountain to contemplate deeply your response. Totally unacceptable. You must cease and desist this repugnant activity at once.:whip

Just a note for everyone else. Sometimes it feels good for me to behave exactly the opposite of the way I really am. If I was myself it would be like

(sound of crickets)

No. I wouldn't be a cricket but it would be (spoken in a whisper) really really quiet.

Now...(dancing around tossing flowers in the air) I'm in love with myself, I'm so in love with myself....

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Saturday, May 17th, 2003, 01:14 AM
I went to my cave high in the mountain to contemplate deeply your response. Totally unacceptable. You must cease and desist this repugnant activity at once

well I went to my bat cave and my little servantile minions of the Winged-Hand told me, in their usual obsequious manner, "Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis" HA! May faulty logic undermine your entire philosophy!

Just a note for everyone else. Sometimes it feels good for me to behave exactly the opposite of the way I really am.

I like this side of you :D lol when things are my way, everyone shall catch the madness...

Now...(dancing around tossing flowers in the air) I'm in love with myself, I'm so in love with myself....

What kind of flowers? Alstroemeria? Freesia? Gerbera daisies? It is very important that I know...

all this reminds me......where is Hamsum? oh where??

:nut

cosmocreator
Saturday, May 17th, 2003, 04:18 AM

What kind of flowers? Alstroemeria? Freesia? Gerbera daisies? It is very important that I know...

I was so intoxicated with love, frolicking naked through the woods that I wasn't paying much attention. Maybe Lupinus Arcticus and Aconitum Columbianum with a smattering of Cornus Nuttallii.

AryanSoldier
Saturday, May 17th, 2003, 10:44 AM
all this reminds me......where is Hamsum? oh where??

I think I fed him to my dogs.................Sorry:eek:

He came into my yard with a Zebra and one of my dogs got him.

Ohh well. shit happens:cool

cosmocreator
Saturday, May 17th, 2003, 06:51 PM
I like this side of you :D lol

Hmm, (sigh), but what about the other side? Let's see...

(sound of crickets)...(and a pair of bats dining on insects above)

Not feeling very talkative today.