PDA

View Full Version : How can I attach a picture in my signature?

Hellenic Eagle
Sunday, January 11th, 2004, 01:00 PM
Anyone

Milesian
Sunday, January 11th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Go to your User CP at the top left of your screen.
Then along the left hand side you will see - Edit Signature
When the signature box comes up, you'll see on the tool bar above it a yellow box with some shapes on it (probably mountains). If you leave your mouse pointer over it, it will say Insert Image. Enter the URL of where your pic is hosted.

I think you have to use a hosted image, I don't think you can upload direct from your hard drive as you can with your avatar pic

Mac Seafraidh
Sunday, January 11th, 2004, 03:18 PM
I cannot get the picture to show up for some reason. I put the link in and the picture is blank. I am kinda confused.

Milesian
Sunday, January 11th, 2004, 03:23 PM
I cannot get the picture to show up for some reason. I put the link in and the picture is blank. I am kinda confused.

Hmm...not sure why that would be.
Is it hosted on a site that allows remote linking? If you've hosted it on , say a Tripod site you have, then I believe they do not allow remote linking.

What exactly are you putting in the Insert Image box when it appears?

Mac Seafraidh
Sunday, January 11th, 2004, 04:41 PM
I just copy the link and paste it in the URL text box.When I paste it the image is blank.

Milesian
Sunday, January 11th, 2004, 07:45 PM
I just copy the link and paste it in the URL text box.When I paste it the image is blank.

Try hosting your pic on the site I gave you the URL for, and see if that solves the problem

Mac Seafraidh
Sunday, January 11th, 2004, 10:25 PM
Milesian, somehow I got it to work. I went under properties and copied and pasted from there, I think I tried it on the other sites too but they just wouldn't host it.

Euclides
Saturday, December 4th, 2004, 10:00 PM
A (maybe stupid ) question :

How can I attach a picture in my signature?

Thorburn
Saturday, December 4th, 2004, 10:04 PM
Enter:

http://www.livius.org/a/1/greeks/euclides.jpg

Result:

http://www.livius.org/a/1/greeks/euclides.jpg

Euclides
Saturday, December 4th, 2004, 10:26 PM
Tks!

nordicdusk
Thursday, June 1st, 2006, 08:32 PM
I have tried to attach a banner to the end of my posts but failed how can i do this please.

Ewergrin
Thursday, June 1st, 2006, 08:42 PM
I have tried to attach a banner to the end of my posts but failed how can i do this please.
What exactly did you try to do?

nordicdusk
Thursday, June 1st, 2006, 08:49 PM
I tried to attach a BuB banner i found in an old thread on to the end of my signature.

Ewergrin
Thursday, June 1st, 2006, 08:53 PM
I tried to attach a BuB banner i found in an old thread on to the end of my signature.
You will have to use the tags. What is the url of th ebanner you want as your signature?

nordicdusk
Thursday, June 1st, 2006, 09:25 PM
Im not sure if this is right but only thing i can find is 99phfq.Sorry im crap with computers.

Ewergrin
Thursday, June 1st, 2006, 09:35 PM
Im not sure if this is right but only thing i can find is 99phfq.Sorry im crap with computers.
Look at your signature now. Is this what you wanted?

nordicdusk
Thursday, June 1st, 2006, 09:39 PM
Yes thats it thank you very much.:) Sorry for the trouble and my stupidity when it comes to computers.It took me months to get an avatar going as i did not know how to use it.

Blutwölfin
Thursday, June 1st, 2006, 09:43 PM
You should maybe add a [center] in front of the image link and close it with a [*/center] (remove the star!). Looks better when a signature is in the middle, IMHO.

nordicdusk
Thursday, June 1st, 2006, 09:54 PM
Like i said im not great with computers so i wont be able to change it my self.