PDA

View Full Version : Man, not money, is most valuable in the world.

ogenoct
Sunday, November 14th, 2004, 10:32 PM
http://ndfsk.dyndns.org/kuguk8/pym/nr0408-16/Man.htm

http://ndfsk.dyndns.org/kuguk8/pym/nr0408-16/DAT-1112.JPG

Man, not money, is most valuable in the world.

This aphorism of leader Kim Jong Il has a profound meaning that man, not money or wealth, should be valued.

Man is the most precious being in the world.

Man is the master of the world and the most powerful being that produces valuable and useful material and cultural wealth. All the material and mental wealth are created by man and those become valuable only when they are used for man and serve man. Money will come and go. However, material wealth cannot be created without man, nor be useful apart from man.

Therefore, man is the most valuable being in the world.

With a viewpoint that man is most precious in the world, we should love the people and devote ourselves to them.

Grimr
Sunday, November 14th, 2004, 10:56 PM
Man created money to govern himself correctly, without it he is without the most rational and crucial aspect of civilisation.

Requiem
Saturday, July 16th, 2005, 04:59 AM
A man should not be valued, but rather the qualities that he exhibits. A stupid, weak person is of no use at all, and should be valued accordingly. Ideals and concepts that men hold true to are greater than any number of people.

Money has become a problem, it in itself has become an idol, and emphasises material goods over everything else; ideas cannot be given a money value. Without a solid society to govern the use of money, it will decay everything around it. A community-based town should have self-reliance as an important concept, people can make their own food, build their own house etc. Others should be willing to give goods to others on the occasion that they cannot provide for themselves.

Jehan
Saturday, July 16th, 2005, 06:52 AM
Man is the most precious being in the world.
Considering money is not a being, I could say this is irrelevant. And I'd say cows can really be more useful to Man than some of their...erm, "brothers." At least they give milk. The cows, I mean. I'd also like to cite Spengler here: "Humanity is either a zoological term or an empty word." I don't know if it is necessary to add much.

Man is the master of the world and the most powerful being that produces valuable and useful material and cultural wealth. All the material and mental wealth are created by man and those become valuable only when they are used for man and serve man. Money will come and go. However, material wealth cannot be created without man, nor be useful apart from man.
So basically you're saying man is an end in himself. Why?

With a viewpoint that man is most precious in the world, we should love the people and devote ourselves to them.
And with the same viewpoint, you could enslave them. After all, they are a really valuable good! precious, precious little things!:D

UmbraWraith
Saturday, July 16th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Man created money to govern himself correctly, without it he is without the most rational and crucial aspect of civilisation.
Money and wealth often makes the rational man un-rational and ends up in the total decadence of civilization. ;)

fms panzerfaust
Sunday, July 17th, 2005, 04:14 AM
Really he thinks so. North Korea is filled with concentration camps where political prisoners are forced to work for the government. Every person that dont approve his government go to these camps. Some rumours says that his army have four million men.
Really, for the korean communists, man is more valuable than money.

Jehan
Sunday, July 17th, 2005, 04:29 AM
Well, of course. First it's an infinite ressource: especially in asian countries, there's no such thing as a shortgage of men. And you can have all the money in the world to pay domestics and workers and all that, but really, slaves are waaaaaay cheaper. And your slaves can have children who will become slaves too. Money don't do that. So it's more of a long term investment, see?;)

Sigurdr
Sunday, July 17th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Money and wealth often makes the rational man un-rational and ends up in the total decadence of civilization. ;)
Agreed man.you're perfectly right about that...:(

UmbraWraith
Sunday, July 17th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Agreed man.you're perfectly right about that...:(
It is sad but true and a great irony that the great species man ruler of the world would be brought down on his knees by a paper of green. In reality money has no real value and often the hypocritical man who is the fool with alot of money is also the man who ruin other men with honor and dignity with not much money at all. :(

Oskorei
Sunday, July 17th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Well, of course. First it's an infinite ressource: especially in asian countries, there's no such thing as a shortgage of men. And you can have all the money in the world to pay domestics and workers and all that, but really, slaves are waaaaaay cheaper. And your slaves can have children who will become slaves too. Money don't do that. So it's more of a long term investment, see?;)
Actually it's better to only have to pay for one's slaves when one needs them. And leave their education, their needs, and their old-age costs to the tax-payers... ;) That is the economical reason that there are more wage-laborers than slaves in todays world.

Thulean Imperial Inquisitor
Thursday, August 25th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Man, not money, is most valuable in the world.

Jes, man is more valuable than money. But man in himself is worthless unless he is a creator: strives to create an even better man; a better organism than man - the superman; ubermensch - Homo galactica.

As Nietsche said, modern man is only a link between a primitive being and the superman.

Γνώθι σεαυτόν
Wednesday, August 31st, 2005, 09:57 PM

Hmm, of course there have been some contras so far, but still I'm wondering why there's noone who clearly argues about the point behind these words above.
Even if man is a creator, even if society is a creative one (which also of course incorporates middle-class humans for the most, but that's another topic) it will never be the most powerful being in the world.
I'm not going to tell you that any kind of god would be, but that there's NO single being (and in this context also a whole civilization has to be considered as one single being) that is more powerful than everything else, but there's always an interaction between at least two components/beings.

In the case of the quote (which is an example of mine on a very simple level, but I think you'll know what I mean) man can be as creative and mighty as one can imagine, without antipole he'll be nothing.
You know this game, it's the same with love and hate (to name a popular pair) and so on.

It reminds me a bit of the bible...dunno how it says in English, but roughly translatin it's "And he made earth mankind's servant"...or are my ideas just to banal ?

Regarding the money thing:
I wouldn't say man invented money, it's rather an expression of his very own needs (deriven from his social behaviour, it was some kind of pre-destined). It just developed, before we had direct trade of...prey, it's just one step further, it's abstraction.
Your opinion ?

Anyway, surely it doesn't come from his primary characteristics or requirements, which have to be satisfied first.
In everyday life it's people should have money to manage life in a community, but money should never become an aim of its own.