PDA

View Full Version : Racial Observations in Trip to Europe

Tore
Thursday, April 10th, 2003, 05:19 AM
Well, after several delayed flights and mechanical mishaps, I have returned home from my week and a half vacation to Europe.

It being my first time over to the continent, I naturally was eager to observe the racial and sub-racial situation each nation presented.

I'll begin with the Netherlands, and more specifically, Amsterdam. Arabs were numerous, allow were fewer in number that what I had expected. Nevertheless, their very presense lowered the overall ambience in the capital city, and the above factor combined with its liberalism and social leniancy lessened my overall impression of Amsterdam.

Venturing out into the countryside and into fishing villages, minorities became less numerous, and the population seemed prevailingly, if not uniformly blond.

This trend continued as we made our way into the German Rhineland, in which blonds seemed to be just as numerous as in the Netherlands. What impressed me the most was the abundance of blond adults, which seem to be much rarer back in North America.

Our stay in Brussels only featured a quick meal before heading on to France, so I didn't get a good look at the Belgian population.

Paris was the lowpoint of the trip. Aside from all the sightseeing, the city seemed to offer nothing but pushy Black and North African street vendors, gypsy pickpockets, and an overall lack of order and organization.

The ethnic French population seemed to rather rude in general, often assuming our group to be Americans. In a racial sense, the French appeared to be FAR darker than the Germans and the Dutch.

Lastly, London was impressive both in its design and people, obviously aside from the hordes of Browns and Sub-saharan Blacks. The British generally seemed to be closer to the Dutch racially than to the French, and from what I observed, they were generally Nordic in apperance.

A significant sign of hope that is worth mentioning is that I observed a large amount of antagonism in each nation towards immigrants, much more so than what I have experienced so far in Canada.

I can only hope that Europe will one day have the strength to expel the foreign invaders from her borders.

Iuzln
Friday, April 11th, 2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Trønder
What impressed me the most was the abundance of blond adults, which seem to be much rarer back in North America.

To remain blond also in adult age,it's necessary that BOTH the parents must be blond.
If one parent is blond and the other brown/black in 90% of the cases,the person in childness will be blond,but with the time,the dominant gene of the "dark" parent will darken gradually his hair.
It's clear that if both parents are blond,the child will birth blond and blond he'll remain.

Von Braun
Saturday, April 12th, 2003, 01:14 AM
The ethnic French population seemed to rather rude in general, often assuming our group to be Americans. In a racial sense, the French appeared to be FAR darker than the Germans and the Dutch.

What did they look like? Are you sure you were not looking at arabs and northern africans?

It is amazing that some people think that the French are part of some non-white racial group. What race do you think they are a part of?

Why is it that every French foreign exchange student I have ever seen has the skin color of the typical non-mongrelized white american?

Tore
Saturday, April 12th, 2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Von Braun
What did they look like? Are you sure you were not looking at arabs and northern africans?

It is amazing that some people think that the French are part of some non-white racial group. What race do you think they are a part of?

Why is it that every French foreign exchange student I have ever seen has the skin color of the typical non-mongrelized white american?

The French are obviously white.

I was merely describing what I observed.

I happened to be in one of the blondest areas of Germany and the Netherlands, in which roughly every third or second person was blond, blue-eyed, and fair skinned.

In France, maybe one in 10 or one in 15 had the same characteristics.

And yes, I generally was able to discern between the French and North African populations that existed there.

My post was not intended to denigrate the French people.

Von Braun
Saturday, April 12th, 2003, 04:45 AM
The French are obviously white.

I was merely describing what I observed.

I happened to be in one of the blondest areas of Germany and the Netherlands, in which roughly every third or second person was blond, blue-eyed, and fair skinned.

In France, maybe one in 10 or one in 15 had the same characteristics.

And yes, I generally was able to discern between the French and North African populations that existed there.

My post was not intended to denigrate the French people.

Ok, so you were hung up on the frequency of black hair? Well, the British Isles have many indiginous inhabitants with black hair, and this area was never overrun by semites (part of France was briefly overrun a long time ago, > 1000 years), unless you believe the "refuting racial myths" guy who claims that dark Brits are descendants of Phonecian saliors. :rolleyes:

I have seen black-haired Frenchmen who are as light skinned as the next white person. All of my French ancestry funnled through this white man, my paternal grandfather. I have been told that he was a UP mixed with CLASSICAL Mediterranean (just like Goebbels and Mengele were white classical Mediterranean).

GreenHeart
Saturday, April 12th, 2003, 06:56 AM

Venturing out into the countryside and into fishing villages, minorities became less numerous, and the population seemed prevailingly, if not uniformly blond.

This trend continued as we made our way into the German Rhineland, in which blonds seemed to be just as numerous as in the Netherlands. What impressed me the most was the abundance of blond adults, which seem to be much rarer back in North America.

So you saw what I saw too? I spent about 3-4 months in Schleswig-Holstein Germans there are almost totally blond, much blonder than here by far! But I didn't know how the Rheinland was, although some of my German ancestors were from the Rheinland Pfalz, and they sailed down the Rhine River to get to the Ocean so they could come to the US.

Did you know that the Dutch are really just lowland Germans?
Take the dutch language, it's so close to German, and the name Dutch itself comes from Deutsch. I think Germany should unite with the Netherlands and Austria and kick out all the nonwhites... for a fourth reich :)

English people are also for the most part also related to Germans, but they are also related to the people from nordic countries.

My cousins are 50% German, 25% Norwegian and 25% English, and they are just as blond and blue eyed as any Scandinavian. :gift

Von Braun
Saturday, April 12th, 2003, 07:37 AM
Jen, Tronder mentioned Germany, the Netherlands, France, and England, while you mentioned Germany, the Netherlands, and England. Why did you leave France out?

English people are also for the most part also related to Germans

Yes, the Angles, Saxons, and Jutes were Germanic tribes who settled in England. What about the Franks, a Germanic tribe that settled in France? Do they count?

I thought you were against this war also. Please don't join the anti-France/pro-war thing. I am sick of hearing white lemmings bash France because of the French government's stance on the war.

Tore
Saturday, April 12th, 2003, 08:58 PM
Ok, so you were hung up on the frequency of black hair?

Yes.

Black hair or dark brown hair is darker than light brown or blond hair.

IT'S A FACT.

IT'S EMPIRICAL.

I never once implied that this was the result of non-white admixture.

Azdaja
Sunday, April 13th, 2003, 05:05 AM
<< Yes, the Angles, Saxons, and Jutes were Germanic tribes who settled in England. What about the Franks, a Germanic tribe that settled in France? Do they count? >>

I don't know what NP88 will say, but just keep in mind that - based on what I've read - the Franks did not contribute much to Frances racial makeup...nor to its culture if you really think about it.
France seems to be made up of an alpine and mediterranean substrate with later dinaric and 'keltic' infusions, the later coming from:
1) The Gauls, who were probably not of a single sub-race, but contained a keltic component
and
2) The Franks, who were racially keltic (as opposed to hallstatt) in type despite being a Germanic people. And these, as already said, did not contribute much culturally or racially.

This is all just based on what I've read. I've never been to France, so I could be totally wrong.

Tore
Sunday, April 13th, 2003, 06:03 AM
I have seen black-haired Frenchmen who are as light skinned as the next white person. All of my French ancestry funnled through this white man, my paternal grandfather.

I agree with you that the French are white.

I think you have misinterpreted an anti-French bias in this thread that never existed in the first place.

I'm 1/16 French, yet neither German nor Dutch.

GreenHeart
Sunday, April 13th, 2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Von Braun
Jen, Tronder mentioned Germany, the Netherlands, France, and England, while you mentioned Germany, the Netherlands, and England. Why did you leave France out?

Yes, the Angles, Saxons, and Jutes were Germanic tribes who settled in England. What about the Franks, a Germanic tribe that settled in France? Do they count?

I thought you were against this war also. Please don't join the anti-France/pro-war thing. I am sick of hearing white lemmings bash France because of the French government's stance on the war.

Because I honestly didn't know the early history of France, I know the most about Scandinavia, England, Germany and the Netherlands, since I have ancestors mostly from these countries.

Throughout history Germans have hated the French, and the French have hated the Germans. The English and the French have also hated each other for just as long. I don't know if you knew that. Because of this I find it hard to be pro-french. It' has nothing to do with the current war- even when I had French class, I was not particularly fond of the language. I am not against France myself, not in particular, I'm still neutral. Now if some French people set out to prove me otherwise then I will develop an attitude similar to my attitude towards slavs.

Even your own ancestor Charlemagne was one of the Franks, the Franks who were Germanic in origin. It's hard to really say how much of the present population descends from them, but I think the number is small. I think the Franks must have been Nordic though, because read this quote:

"Charlemagne
King of the Franks and Emperor
of the Holy Roman Empire

742 - 814

He was six feet four inches tall, and built to scale.
He had blond hair, animated eyes, a powerful nose ... a
presence "always stately and dignified." He was temperate
in eating and drinking, abominated drunkenness, and kept
in good health despite every exposure and hardship.
—Eginhard (the King's secretary) describing Charlemagne"

http://www.lucidcafe.com/library/96apr/charlemagne.html

In response to Tronder, it should be noted that Keltic in those days meant something entirely different than the term means today in racial anthropology. The original Kelts were not dark haired, unless you consider red and blond to be dark.

Von Braun
Sunday, April 13th, 2003, 10:19 AM
Jen, if you hate me for being part French, then you and I both know what implications that would have closer to home.

I thought our movement was about moving away from self-hatred, not toward it.

Von Braun
Sunday, April 13th, 2003, 12:07 PM
Jen, I think it is amusing that you are against France for having a rivalry with Germany, yet you do not critisize Britain for its historical rivalry with Germany.

GreenHeart
Sunday, April 13th, 2003, 12:15 PM
I said I'm NEUTRAL to France and French people. I don't care if someone has French ancestry, it does not make a difference friendship-wise to me.

Von Braun
Sunday, April 13th, 2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by NordicPower88
I said I'm NEUTRAL to France and French people. I don't care if someone has French ancestry, it does not make a difference friendship-wise to me.

You said that you may come to feel the same way about them as you do about the slavs.

cosmocreator
Sunday, April 13th, 2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Nordidu

France seems to be made up of an alpine and mediterranean substrate with later dinaric and 'keltic' infusions, the later coming from:
1) The Gauls, who were probably not of a single sub-race, but contained a keltic component
and
2) The Franks, who were racially keltic (as opposed to hallstatt) in type despite being a Germanic people. And these, as already said, did not contribute much culturally or racially.

This is all just based on what I've read. I've never been to France, so I could be totally wrong.

The majority of Gauls were likely Alpine. The Keltic type is a product of mixture. The Keltic type is the product of Hallstatt, Alpine and Dinaric.

I've recently drawn my own conclusions about the Franks. They weren't Keltic. I think they were Falish. And I think Falish has a Brunn element. The Franks were red-haired. I've known Germans with red hair but that was before I knew of racial types. Since I've asked myself, what racial type these Germans could be? The only type I can think of is Falish.

Tore
Sunday, April 13th, 2003, 11:06 PM
In response to Tronder, it should be noted that Keltic in those days meant something entirely different than the term means today in racial anthropology. The original Kelts were not dark haired, unless you consider red and blond to be dark.

...?

I think you meant to respond to Nordidu.

Azdaja
Monday, April 14th, 2003, 04:44 AM
<< I think you meant to respond to Nordidu. >>

Well, just in case she did...

<< it should be noted that Keltic in those days meant something entirely different than the term means today in racial anthropology. >>

I know
I was using the term in it's 'racial anthropology' sense.

<< The original Kelts were not dark haired, unless you consider red and blond to be dark. >>

I know.