PDA

View Full Version : Ethnic makeup of Soviet troops in WWII

yamato
Thursday, November 11th, 2004, 02:45 AM
does anyone have a good figure on the ethnic make up of the soviet troops in WWII?

i think that, in the beginning of the invasion, the majority of the russian army was probably mostly whites, with few nonwhite minorities (kalmyks, kazakhs, tatars, koreans, etc,) but as the soviet army sustained more and more horrendous casualties, they most likely had to have drafted more and more asian soldiers.

there was this one interesting story i read in a book, about american soldiers encountering koreans in german uniform on the beaches of normandy. these koreans were originally drafted by the japanese to fight the soviets (there was a mini clash between the japanese and USSR in 1939, where zhukov showed his prowess by smashing the japanese) who were then captured and drafted by the russians to fight the germans, who captured the koreans and forced them to become german soldiers.

i have seen in some photograph of asiatic looking soldiers in russian uniforms at the battle of stalingrad, the recapture of kiev, minsk, and more and more frequently as the war progressed

this question should be of great concern to some people, because, as you all know, the rape of millions german women by the 6 million soviet troops (including the asiatic troops) following their conquest of germany would have possibly introduced a signinficant (?) undesirable monogoloid strain in germany

Susisaari
Monday, December 27th, 2004, 11:14 PM
the rape of millions german women by the 6 million soviet troops (including the asiatic troops) following their conquest of germany would have possibly introduced a signinficant (?) undesirable monogoloid strain in germany

Don't you think the German women raped by Russian soldiers would have aborted the babies, regardless of whether those Russian soldiers were white or Asian?

Euclides
Monday, December 4th, 2006, 01:27 PM
'' Of those who became pregnant, an estimated 90 per cent had abortions. Those who did give birth often gave their children up for adoption because of the shame. In 1946, 3.7 per cent of children born in Berlin had Russian fathers. Even now, says Helke Sander, a German left-wing activist and author of The Liberator and the Relieved, an extensive 1992 study of women who were raped, the consequences are still felt. ''