PDA

View Full Version : I would appreciate advice for forming a schedule

Von Braun
Thursday, April 3rd, 2003, 10:57 AM
Many of you know my body type: I have a fast metabolism, I have very little fat, I am 5'9'' and 150 pounds.

I worked out for a year (my last year of high school), as I figured I was grown enough to see results. But it was not as much as I wanted, so I gave up. Of course, men don't fully mature until their early twenties.

Now that I am twenty-five, and summer is coming up (no classes, just research work), I want to commit myself to an exercise program again. I do not know much about how to schedule things; when I was eighteen, I would do biceps one day, then rest the next day, then triceps the next day, then rest the next day, then my chest, etc.

First, I am wondering which approach to take: bulk (low reps, high resistance) or toned (high reps, low resistance). I kind of mixed and matched when I was younger. Knowing what I know now, would I be corrext in assuming that the toned approach is appropriate for my body?

Second is how to schedule the days (what muscle groups to work when, and when to rest).

Third, what specific exercises should I do each given day that I work a given muscle group (and how many reps, etc.)? I can do curls and so forth with the mini weight set I have at home, and I have access to a campus gym for more sophisticated exercises.

Fourth is diet. What nutritional elements should I emphasize?

I appreciate any advice.

Hellstar
Monday, April 7th, 2003, 09:29 PM
I try help you, but how many days and hours are you willing to put into this? Remember Dinarics dont have so ruggy musculature, but I still seen a few Dinarics pretty big in person. Remember with a fast metabolism its important you follow what I say and dont fuck around. I take my self as example, I lost 10 lbs in last two days here, not cause I need to loose 10 lbs but because I have not trained in 4 days and I ate to little and slept to little last 2 days, muscle mass deteriorates 7-14% just when your sick (7-10 days flue), so now you see why making a schedule is going to be followed. each time I get in a damn shape I either break my hand on some fat headed prick or get injuries other ways from fights or simply lifting to damn heavy weights like i tend to do. Anyway let me know how hard your willing to pump, what im gonna tell you is properly heard before but sometimes logic is what we need!

Von Braun
Monday, April 7th, 2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by NORTHSTAR
I try help you, but how many days and hours are you willing to put into this? is what we need!

I will have plenty of time this summer. I will do what it takes.

Hellstar
Monday, April 7th, 2003, 10:56 PM
All right, first of all you need to start with the basics, the basics are the whole key here,

I would assess your body as Medium to Thin in type, your weight is not sounding overtly thin but your bones, as Dinaric are heavier so it explains the illusiveness. You have advantage that youíre not obese; neither do you have short legs or short stature.

Your disadvantage is the lack of muscle building, so that is nr 1 target, secondary disadvantage is your puppy fat will hide the new grown muscles, not that you need to be a thin fucker, but alittle symmetry donít hurt, so nr 2 target is to flex you, the flexing would be best achieved by either food intake or Running (thus both would be best) but since you loose muscle-mass by running, I cant really suggest it for Hallstatts or Dinarics with your aim. I would rather change your food intake and then finally work out with insane intensity so your metabolism gets up and you that way work on the obsolete fat.

First important is getting you big, with high metabolism and intense work out you can always control the fat gaining right?

Here is what you fucking follow by heart:

Ok well, as for nutrition I suggest 150 grams of protein aday. And not over 40 grams of fat. Avoid coffein, smoking, and alcohol. Avoid eating too much bread as it takes appetite. Good protein sources are 1 liter of Milk aday (thatís around 35 gram of protein and there is only 0,5% fat in certain milk types) or a simple can of tuna with oil or preferable without (thatís 30 gram of protein) try eat Riis instead of pasta if you want less fat on your body. Eat beef meat with only 6-8% fat; try eating 1 lbs of that aday, supplementing it with Chicken breast without fat. The Riis is just carbohydrates and energy, so donít rely too much on vegetables, pasta, Riis, bread, use it as contemplator to the meat intake, eat 2 bananas just before workout I suggest!
Well you know about nutrition so I wont use to much time on that, beside stating the point that you need to eat 6-8 times each day, a stomach sack is functioning in a very expanding way, by continuous pressuring you can train yourself to bigger and bigger intakes, itís a damn hard road for us slim people but really trust me you can train yourself to eat alot, About sleep, well sleep 8 hours, 10 hour would be best but 8 hours is alright.

Now for the 3 nutrition products you need to use.

1 Creatine powder (strength, endurance, restitution, make you seem bigger than you really are, cause it pumps water into the muscles, it makes you 5-8% stronger when intaking right doses)

2 Amino Acid fluid, (that is the key here for power and building, it activates the protein cells)

3 Protein powder (a simply way to make sure you get enough, and right kind of powders really helps in combinations with Amino)

All right where do you buy this stuff? Well let me tell you the cheapest place, and the best place, they donít cheat and they deliver on date. www.bodybuilding.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------1:Creatine

Take 4x4 grams (16 grams) each day in the first week,
Then after first week take 4 grams aday after each workout.

I will put no links as you can get this stuff everywhere, try avoiding Asian Creatine though. And only buy pure creatine monohydrate, not all the flavour mixed crap.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------2:Amino acid

Take 4 eating spoons full of amino each day, 1 in the morning, 1 before workout, 1 after workout, 1 before sleep.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/tl/amino.html

Order the fluid 32 OZ.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------3:Protein

Take 30-50 gram of this pure egg protein, it taste alright is all yellow cause its so pure egg protein! well intake it after workout together with the other products. Just mix it up with alittle water. Its easy to hand blend this type of product.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/egg.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS; I tried all these products my self, thatís why I recommend them. I know what quality is.

All right now for the essential workout, this is very individual and I would suggest you train 5 times a week.

Ok donít mix to much all together in the program, take one (highest two muscle groups) a day.
You burn to much mass the other way around.

Day 1: chest, stomach, lower back,
Day 2: legs, stomach, lower back,
Day 3: lower arms, biceps, and triceps.
Day 4: legs, stomach, lower back
Day 5: shoulders, neck, upper back,
Day 6: break,
Day 7, stomach or other forms of workout perhaps running? But you donít have to go gym for this: just take it easy this day. And save energy for next day when cycle begins all over,

You need to run these cycles for a while before making split training. If your not sore in your chest by lets say day 4 or day 5 then your not training hard enough and you risk to fuck it all up and perhaps you need to either get a grip and train harder to perhaps run a muscle group two times instead of one as suggested, donít let yourself fool with hypochondriac muscle soreness, pump hard alright.but still listen to the body. So you should be sore in the particular muscle group all the way to the day where you train it again. Does it make sense? If my arms are only sore two days then I should pump them third day. If your chest is sore from day 1 where you pumped it to day 7 then its all good.

I suggest you take atleast 4 or 6 sets for each exercise but use different exercises for same muscle. For example: take atleast 30 sets for chest. 15-20 sets for upper legs, 10 sets for calves, and 12 sets for biceps. 8 for lower arms, 16 Ė18 sets for triceps. 20 sets for shoulders, 12 sets for back and 6-8 sets for neck musculature.

Now I suggest you lift heavy to get some mass, I suggest 6-8 repetitions (highest 10)
Some exercises are not designed for heavy lifting so some exercise you might run 12 or 15 reps. but try to aim for 6-8 reps all right. Even lower like 4 reps here and there. Train hard, learn to push yourself.

Alright its taken me forever to express my self in English and make this post and my head hurts, we can go over which exercises would be best in the next step perhaps. But this is really the core of the training, which exercises you use is also very important but we can get back to that, im not sure what kind of stuff you train or gym have.

Von Braun
Monday, April 7th, 2003, 11:20 PM
Thank you. I will start to adjust my diet and schedule accordingly.

Hellstar
Monday, April 7th, 2003, 11:52 PM
Ok the least you can do now is post a before and after picture:D

Von Braun
Monday, April 7th, 2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by NORTHSTAR
Ok the least you can do now is post a before and after picture:D

LOL, are you serious?

mav0ric
Tuesday, April 8th, 2003, 02:30 AM
Congrats on making this healthy choice VB. I think that each of us needs to be the best specimen of a man that we possibly can be. Intellect and body. As for the suggestions that NORTHSTAR gave you they are sound advice and you will benefit greatly if you stick to his recomendations. I follow a similar routine when training except that I run daily as opposed to once a week for cardio health. I treadmill though as opposed to outdoor running as my knees as screwed from years of hockey and the cushion of a treadmill is better over the course of an hour than the pavement with gravel and unevenness. I think a before and after is a good idea but I would caution anyone that supporting one another is the key and not to take the advantage to take shots at others. I personally am 5'9" and 230 lbs although I have not been in the gym for over a year due to my needing a major surgury but as of a couple more weeks of healing I am told I can get back to my routine. I am flabby now but I wont be for long. I love working out although the first few weeks or month is going to be hard to get back into the routine. Best advice STICK WITH IT!! You will love the results and the womenfolk do as well!

Hellstar
Friday, April 11th, 2003, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the input Mavoric, Hope you get over all these injuries and back in shape, its all about motivation and inspiration. well braun i was serious, I wanna see a before and after picture. then I can tell you what groups to work on to make symmetry. How much can you guys bench over your own weight? I bench 100lbs over my own weight included. I love being fucking strong. Hail.

Von Braun
Saturday, April 12th, 2003, 12:29 AM
I will find someone to take my picture.

Von Braun
Sunday, May 4th, 2003, 02:08 AM
I finally have my topless picture. It was taken today on the shores of Lake Mendota, across from the state capitol building (it is very difficult to see in this picture since it is about a mile away). I will strive to make the "after" picture as great as possible.

:viking

Hellstar
Sunday, May 18th, 2003, 05:25 PM
Your not that skinny as I thought, ohh well,

Im pumping iron in this palace now, im getting fucking flexed now, I need to change my avatar soon, it makes me looks chubby and skinny compared to now.

Please do post more uptodate pics braun, I think the body development is of great interest\

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Sunday, May 18th, 2003, 06:12 PM
Im pumping iron in this palace now, im getting fucking flexed now, I need to change my avatar soon, it makes me looks chubby and skinny compared to now.

If in that pic you look chubby and skinny, boy I gotta see you now! LOL :Surprised :whip