PDA

View Full Version : All about me.

QuietWind
Monday, November 8th, 2004, 03:16 AM
I have never introduced myself, yet, but after reading several posts in this section, I have decided to do so.:)

I was born in late January, 1977, which makes me an aquarius (for those of you into that type of stuff.) I have one older brother. My father was in the Air Force, and we moved every 1.5 years on average my entire life. I have lived in several cities in Texas, Hawaii, Florida, Guam, Japan, Virginia, Ohio, Illinois, and Missouri. I have also visited most of the states, Korea, Saipan, a couple Hawaiian Islands, the Bahamas, and the Phillipines. My mother is a published author, and formerly a political reporter for a major newspaper corporation. I enjoy all kinds of needlework, except knitting which is totally boring. I learned how to sew when I was in grade school and on occasion I make my daughter and I clothes. I played 5 years of Soccer growing up, and was a gymnast for 6 years. I played basketball for 2 years, tennis for 1 year, and I became a certified scuba diver when I was 13. I can read music and play a variety of instruments, poorly. :P I used to play in a handbell choir, sing, and play a variety of percussion instruments. My favorite animal is the white tiger. I fell in love with them when I first saw one at age 12. I have several pictures on my walls, and I collect white tiger figurines. I also collect porcellain dolls, minitures (like furniture, etc.), and books. I love books, and the one I own which is worth the most is an original version of Harriet the Spy. I love to write, but only have 1 poem published in a University literary journal. I enjoy studying religion, but I am none. I enjoy putting together complex puzzles and playing card games. I like cooking and trying new recipes. I enjoy creating art, which I think I inherited from my grandfather, who was an artist. I currently work at a daycare as an administrative consultant. I have a Master of Science degree in Psychology, and I am currently in the application process for my PhD. I have started, but not finished, a MA in English, and my undergrad minor was pre-med. Physics hates me. I have 2 children who are completely perfect. I am very proud of them. My daughter is 7 and in gifted and talented in school. She is also on the team in gymnastics. My son is 3 and is a mommy's boy. :D They are both so adorable. I love telling stories about them. My husband is "Nordraserei" on this forum. He is a wonderful person and a great father. He and I got married on the leap year day, so we only get an anniversary once every four years. When we got married, we eloped, because no one approved of our union. There were so many bets placed on the length of our marriage and so far we have beat them all. :)
I really enjoy Skadi and learning new things. I am terrible at history, anthropology, etc. so I ask lots of questions. I enjoy more one to one interaction, and since I discovered the chat, I go in almost daily, even though no one else does. I talk to a couple of people from the forum in IMs on AIM, but I can't convince any of them to use the chat.

Triglav
Monday, November 8th, 2004, 03:33 AM
Umm.. :scratch ... welcome. ;)

Willowsprout
Monday, November 8th, 2004, 03:56 AM
Hello
Congratulations! A lot of achievements. Makes me feel lazy lol And,with two kids!

Well I must motivate now lol:)

Agrippa
Monday, November 8th, 2004, 10:14 AM
Interesting biography. Thanks for sharing it with us.