PDA

View Full Version : Morality won Bush the Presidency????

Nordic Dream Maiden
Friday, November 5th, 2004, 03:37 PM
Coming home from work at 10pm, one of the three low wage jobs I must take so I can help Bush outsource jobs, I heard on a AM radio station that the major #1 ranked reason people voted for Bush was "morality," I don't listen to this station as I was trying to find any station to tell me the Pres. results--can anyone verify this finding/poll, I search engined it and could find nothing.

I just have a hard time understanding on how people voted for Bush on the morality issue, maybe you can help me on that; as I don't see a big surge of Americans trading in the green greed for the sake of morality; I cannot find anything on a big dip in adultery, divorce, stealing, crime, an increase in any church attendance, a decrease in movies showing smut, swearing, violence, sex; is it moral for people to lose money in their retirement pensions/investments? And why didn't Bush have no Corporate reform? Is it moral for a woman or man to lose his job because a corporation can make "more money" and that individual then has to take a 8hr$ job w/o no benefits? Is that moral on his children to be in poverty? I thought the bible told us money is the root of evil? Maybe that versed was skipped.

In the state of MN we had nine Presidential candidates on the ballot, yes, NINE; so Bush's policy is more moral than the others who got no media or next to nothing? Is that moral? Is it moral for Bush to not include any other Presidential hopeful other than the other Jewish candidate Kerry? What does that say for people whose State elected Kerry? That they are morally more bankrupt than the Bush elected states? That would be an interesting statistical study to have Minnesota vs. Florida in crime, divorce, illegals, drug trade, etc..

But then again maybe (for example) Florida had Bush voting residents that wanted to have morality to be the #1 plank of their vote even if they couldn't live it--as with any attribute, just because you admire it--doesn't mean you can emulate it. Which is a start but in the next four years I cannot believe Americans who voted for Bush are going to try or be more moral. Another question is did the swing voters change their mind from now to when they elected Clinton for the 2nd term, putting the economy or whatever atttribute before morality and why did morality get a stronger footing than economy presently? When Bush was elected in 2000 did morality increase? Cannot see it and I don't buy it as I remember a stat fact in the 2000 election: the counties Bush won in Florida had the high gun ownerships. But then maybe gun ownership is correlated to high morality?

Please tell my your thoughts, maybe I am missing an angle not seen here; as for me, all I hear people talk and complain about is money this and that and it doesn't matter what side of the voting fence they are on or vote at all; I rarely hear anyone talk of morality in person.

Von Braun
Friday, November 5th, 2004, 05:07 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. I lost a high-paying job, with great benefits, in northern California (January 2001 to January 2002), because of Bush's outsourcing policies. Now, some Malaysian electrical engineer has my old job.

As for the morality claim, look at the greed and hypocrisy of his support base. You have Bible-thumping, poorly educated people who think that the Universe is 6,000 years old, who claim to love all of "God's children" and then say "hallelujah!! praise Jesus!!" everytime Israel kills Palestinians and the U.S. kills Iraqis (and the irony is that some Palestinians are Christians, but these people are more loyal to Jews than their coreligionists), who incessantly bicker with each other over minor differences in interpretation of the Bible, and who badmouth Hitler because they say he represented "might makes right," yet they strongly support neo-con Zionist imperialist designs, and who claim to oppose liberals and yet who love Jews and their filth (promotion of political correctness, miscegenation, massive non-White immigration, etc.).

Like I said in another thread: Republicans are supported by White trash, Democrats are supported by pseudo-intellectual White airheads, and both love Jews and other non-Whites.

Tryggvi
Friday, November 5th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Coming home from work at 10pm, one of the three low wage jobs I must take so I can help Bush outsource jobs, I heard on a AM radio station that the major #1 ranked reason people voted for Bush was "morality," I don't listen to this station as I was trying to find any station to tell me the Pres. results--can anyone verify this finding/poll, I search engined it and could find nothing. I read it in a local paper. According to it, more than 20% of the polled voters stated that "Morality" was the most important aspect in their decision to choose a certain canditate. And of those 20+%, 80+% chose Bush and less than 20% Kerry.

anti-climacus
Friday, November 5th, 2004, 08:31 PM
Like I said in another thread: Republicans are supported by White trash, Democrats are supported by pseudo-intellectual White airheads, and both love Jews and other non-Whites.
Actually, the majority of upper-middle class white people vote republican. The majority of poor people (african-american population and urban), and white trash (union members) vote democratic.

Von Braun
Saturday, November 6th, 2004, 12:11 AM
Actually, the majority of upper-middle class white people vote republican. The majority of poor people (african-american population and urban), and white trash (union members) vote democratic.

Have you ever heard of the type of American that is poorly educated and very Christian?

P.S. If you do not think that there is a huge White trash core of support for the Republican party, then I recommend that you look at a map showing the states that each candidate won.

Johnny Reb
Saturday, November 6th, 2004, 12:46 AM
By morality, I'm sure they just meant that he is against gay marriage.

anti-climacus
Saturday, November 6th, 2004, 03:20 AM
Have you ever heard of the type of American that is poorly educated and very Christian?

P.S. If you do not think that there is a huge White trash core of support for the Republican party, then I recommend that you look at a map showing the states that each candidate won.
I wasn't stating that there is not white trash in the Republican party, just pointing out the fact that most wealthy white people vote republican. I voted for Peroutka, because I live in a blue state, but would of voted for Bush if I was in the battleground states, Bush has saved lots for white upper middle class people on taxes, whether you like it or not. I also dont feel like living in a country where gay marriage is legal.

Von Braun
Saturday, November 6th, 2004, 05:57 AM
Bush has saved lots for white upper middle class people on taxes, whether you like it or not.

How do you feel about Bush using our taxes to defend Israel?

Rhydderch
Saturday, November 6th, 2004, 06:07 AM
I just have a hard time understanding on how people voted for Bush on the morality issue, maybe you can help me on that; as I don't see a big surge of Americans trading in the green greed for the sake of morality; I cannot find anything on a big dip in adultery, divorce, stealing, crime, an increase in any church attendance, a decrease in movies showing smut, swearing, violence, sex; is it moral for people to lose money in their retirement pensions/investments? And why didn't Bush have no Corporate reform? Is it moral for a woman or man to lose his job because a corporation can make "more money" and that individual then has to take a 8hr$ job w/o no benefits? Is that moral on his children to be in poverty? I thought the bible told us money is the root of evil? Maybe that versed was skipped. It does'nt take a huge moral turn-around in the country for Bush to win on morality issues. It's just that moral people have decided to make their presence felt by way of the ballot box.

By the way, Jesus did not tell us that money is the root of evil, he said that the love of (i. e. greed for) money is the root of all evil.
Elsewhere, he told his disciples to make friends to themselves of the "mammon of unrighteousness" (money or gain).

But also "the workman is worthy of his hire".

StrÝbog
Saturday, November 6th, 2004, 06:20 AM
White trash Americans have ALWAYS espoused "morality" publicly while pursuing various avenues of vice in private. Voting for the "morality" candidate makes them feel better about themselves; it helps them to ignore their alcoholism, infidelities, spousal and child abuse, etc, or to feel that they have atoned for such sins by advancing a moral cause. "Ah done made the raht choice, ah done voted fer Dubya! Gawd bless Amurikuh!"

anti-climacus
Saturday, November 6th, 2004, 06:28 AM
How do you feel about Bush using our taxes to defend Israel?
Unfortunately, both candidates support strong ties with Israel, it's not something I support, but I also do not enjoy having taxes squandered on social welfare programs.

dazed&confused
Sunday, November 7th, 2004, 02:35 PM
This sums all up pretty well.

http://eclipse.tuliphead.com/stuff/images/TimeCover.jpg

Dr. Solar Wolff
Monday, November 8th, 2004, 07:48 AM
Can you believe it, these bible-thumpers say they voted of Bush on moral grounds. Morality? I don't know if Bush lies like a rug or if the rug lays like Madonna because he lies over and over and over again. Can't these Fundies see this or is their head stuck, ostrich-style up some Jesus-hole?

We really have a bad case of isolation in the USA but not the kind of isolation which means keeping out of other country's business. This is the kind of isolation which means going back to the 13th Century, complete with Crusades and Christain Soldiers and disregarding rationality. In Jesusland, they base Foreign Policy on Doing God's Work---I am not kidding you. Of course, they are all working for the Neo-Con Zionists but they are much too stupid to ever consider that. We are in a world of shit here.

Agrippa
Monday, November 8th, 2004, 10:36 AM
By morality, I'm sure they just meant that he is against gay marriage.

My thoughts exactly. Abortion comes to mind as well...

Kerry was just too liberal, too egalitarian and I understand that. Of course I wouldnt have voted for Bush, only if I want to see the USA on ground in some years, but I understand why they disliked Kerry for his "moral views".

Look at Spain. The social and war policy of the new government is at least "ok" to me, but the general attitude, especially the liberal-plural extreme, egalitarian view, gay marriage, feminist extremists, anti-family actions, anti-male actions etc. I strongly disagree with of course.
Thats the typical problem for me with the classical "Left-Right" scheme.

Left I'm mainly if its about a strong state and social security, but everything else...
And if this "everything else" is, what a vote is about, I understand why they didnt vote for Kerry. That doesnt mean that Bush is good, just better if its about such things.

If they believe the war-propaganda as well, I just watched CNN last night and again - nothing else but propaganda, so I wonder how the average, usually watching even much worse programs and dont reading independent media, should know it better.

I say Kerry lost not because Bush was better, but he was worse if its about such moral questions. He took the classical leftist positon of liberal-plural people, and of course, Americans seem to have enough of that.
Thats the good news, the bad is that too many of them are religious extremists which are no longer sane and that a mad plutocrat works for other plutocrats and the Zionists without having any scruple, risking all - American economy, American young soldiers, American prestige in the world and so on...
But of course there is a reason for rational people to like Bush as well - he might bring the giant to fall and harm the pseudoliberal-plutocratic system seriously.

Rhydderch
Monday, November 8th, 2004, 11:20 AM
Can you believe it, these bible-thumpers say they voted of Bush on moral grounds. Morality? I don't know if Bush lies like a rug or if the rug lays like Madonna because he lies over and over and over again.I've heard this same old mantra spouted ad nauseam by the media. Just what exactly are these phantom lies you're referring to?