PDA

View Full Version : Bad Temper... Caused by Racial Tendencies or Personality?

Mistress Klaus
Thursday, November 4th, 2004, 04:14 PM
:) I am usually a calm and logical person, but I am very quick to anger...(due to several triggers..being foolish people, deceitful people, equipment & systems that should work but fail, injustice against myself & entities/principles I want to change.. etc etc). I have this rather self-destructive tendency to rage & stew over things I want to make right. A determination that takes over. Not at peace until I have fixed the problem.

I want to know what causes this...just a personality trait? or is there more to it? (for instance:.. Is my Scottish blood influencing my highly strung temper & stubborn behaviour ....my rather insane persistant behaviour to solve a problem...hours and hours until I 'fix' it and a storming rage that leaves defenseless furniture and objects smashed in my wake. :( ). My relatives on the Scottish side have the same bad tempered trait. (and nothing to do with alcohol either...completely sober)

Tricknologist
Friday, November 5th, 2004, 12:42 AM
I've noticed the same behavior with the Irish side of my family and people of relatively un-mixed Irish ancestry.

WarMaiden
Friday, November 5th, 2004, 05:44 AM
:) I am usually a calm and logical person, but I am very quick to anger...(due to several triggers..being foolish people, deceitful people, equipment & systems that should work but fail, injustice against myself & entities/principles I want to change.. etc etc). I have this rather self-destructive tendency to rage & stew over things I want to make right. A determination that takes over. Not at peace until I have fixed the problem.

I want to know what causes this...just a personality trait? or is there more to it? (for instance:.. Is my Scottish blood influencing my highly strung temper & stubborn behaviour ....my rather insane persistant behaviour to solve a problem...hours and hours until I 'fix' it and a storming rage that leaves defenseless furniture and objects smashed in my wake. :( ). My relatives on the Scottish side have the same bad tempered trait. (and nothing to do with alcohol either...completely sober)

I have the worst temper and it doesn't take much to piss me off, especially all the triats you mentioned, i think we are just reacting to blantant stupidity!!!

Scoob
Friday, November 5th, 2004, 07:41 AM
Ahh... the Fightin' Irish.

I don't think of this behavior so much as a "bad temper" as taking an active approach to problems. ;)

Additionally, maybe people inclined to call this "bad" should learn to show a little respect. I think in the past, tactless behavior when dealing with these temperamental types has litterally gotten many heads chopped off, and good riddance.