PDA

View Full Version : In Which of the Following Do You Believe?

Stríbog
Saturday, October 30th, 2004, 08:42 AM
In keeping with the Halloween theme, and to better ascertain the views of Skadi members on the paranormal, I decided to post a poll on the 'typical' categories of phenomena transcending the known physical world.

Oskorei
Saturday, October 30th, 2004, 01:33 PM
I also believe in the existence of trolls. ;)

Marius
Saturday, October 30th, 2004, 04:28 PM
I also believe in the existence of trolls. ;)

Especially on the forums, don't you? :rotfl

Oskorei
Saturday, October 30th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Especially on the forums, don't you? :rotfl
Yes, I've seen them with me own eyes :D

Marius
Saturday, October 30th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Yes, I've seen them with me own eyes :D

Oh, it must have been awful... How did you get away? ;)

Nuovo Vesuvio
Friday, December 24th, 2004, 04:38 PM
they are all true, except i dont know what spectres is and possession must be defined and could vary on definition

CountBloodSpawn
Friday, August 19th, 2005, 04:43 AM
reincarnation for me...I also adhere at to the theory of metagenetics(that souls are recycled through ones blood line or the statis of a people held in high regard by the person who died)

Mistress Klaus
Friday, August 19th, 2005, 12:49 PM
:D I must be a balmy one!...I chose all of them...he he.. I have an open mind to all possibilities and the potential power we & the universe holds.

I forgot to tick the Other option. I also believe in nature spirits...Literally!.. (see my Thread on Blutundboden about my mysterious garden Land Wight throne in my hedges :lol ). Also UFO's. Sending & receiving spells (both positive & negative). The evil eye (some people are born with this..they seem to just look at something & cause bad luck to others/situations).

With the subject of reincarnation...I personally think the way different people are drawn to specific periods of history is indicative of The other life/s previously lived. Now.. to whether this is/was acheived through bloodlines or perhaps our spirits are actually random (perhaps even skipping centuries & cultures, between another/each physical birth)...I do not know.

Perhaps every 'theory' and 'belief' is just a concoction (much like any singular religion) by humanity to make sense of an existence we will never truly understand.

CountBloodSpawn
Friday, August 19th, 2005, 05:54 PM
although during my early teens I've also had two experiences with Astral Projection...they were brief however I only remember floating around and gliding down the stairs

Gorm the Old
Friday, August 19th, 2005, 06:41 PM
I wouldn't say that I believe in any of them. However, three of them I consider plausible enough that they might be real. They are telepathy, telekinesis, and reincarnation.

Oskorei
Saturday, August 20th, 2005, 07:56 AM
reincarnation for me...I also adhere at to the theory of metagenetics(that souls are recycled through ones blood line or the statis of a people held in high regard by the person who died) Interesting. The idea of inter-generational rebirth was not unknown among our ancestors. Evola however, with the early Hinduists, saw it primarily as "recycling" of various parts of the soul, and a very chtonic phenomenon. ;) I wonder if it is possible to combine the Solar way of spiritual integrity and free choice of post-mortal destiny with the inter-generational idea, ie. the soul choosing to be reborn in the same bloodline.

Frans_Jozef
Saturday, August 20th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Interesting. The idea of inter-generational rebirth was not unknown among our ancestors. Evola however, with the early Hinduists, saw it primarily as "recycling" of various parts of the soul, and a very chtonic phenomenon. ;) I wonder if it is possible to combine the Solar way of spiritual integrity and free choice of post-mortal destiny with the inter-generational idea, ie. the soul choosing to be reborn in the same bloodline.

I am not sure if it's meaningful to talk about individuated integrity and assume being reborn further down the generation. If a soul can climb up to a higher plane of existence, or to prop it with a scientific term, a higher dimension allowing to oversee the three basic dimensions plus Time like sitting on a mountain and take stock of the valley down below, if you would restate the valley by Time Stream, why would a soul be incapable to reborn in the past or again its own body and perfecting itself throughout continious reincarnations in its old physical existence till he achieves the goals he has set forward to be truely a ruler in his own fief and then break away to the undiscovered country and never return, since his vocation has been fulfilled and nothing is to be added.

Wjatscheslaw
Wednesday, September 7th, 2005, 12:46 AM
None.
...Becouse i'm materialist and so on... (The Universe consist not of illusions (i hope ;)) but of matter! There exists no miracles that are not proved by Sciense. :)
In spite of what ever is there, these disputable phenomena should be investigated without prejudices)
And more..:D I believe in this - :battap ..A very true believer :D

Weg
Wednesday, September 7th, 2005, 02:11 AM
:chinrub OK... I've yet to see all those things.

Anyways, I've a question about reincarnation : Does it works in the same racial group, or, is reincarnation anti-racist and gives one the "pleasure" to test all the races?

Meowse
Wednesday, September 7th, 2005, 03:57 AM
I believe in all of that except for time slips - I truly believe that time goes only forward as we perceive it and going back in time is not possible.

As for reincarnation I believe you are reincarnated along the same family line (if your soul opts for reincarnation of course.)

Dr. Solar Wolff
Wednesday, September 7th, 2005, 05:58 AM
I believe in all of that except for time slips - I truly believe that time goes only forward as we perceive it and going back in time is not possible.
As for reincarnation I believe you are reincarnated along the same family line (if your soul opts for reincarnation of course.)

Meowse, suppose you and I are standing outside a door. You go inside and find you are in another dimension. Suddenly, the door opens and you walk back out. But now, I am 90 years old and you have seemingly come from the past. For the participant, all travel is forward but for the observer, all time travel would come from the past. Am I wrong?

CountBloodSpawn
Wednesday, September 7th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Meowse, suppose you and I are standing outside a door. You go inside and find you are in another dimension. Suddenly, the door opens and you walk back out. But now, I am 90 years old and you have seemingly come from the past. For the participant, all travel is forward but for the observer, all time travel would come from the past. Am I wrong?

Dr.Solar Wolff that axiom is indeed very true...brilliant scientific conclusion on the phenomeon of time fabric and time slips

Croino
Tuesday, December 20th, 2005, 03:49 PM
:chinrub OK... I've yet to see all those things.

Anyways, I've a question about reincarnation : Does it works in the same racial group, or, is reincarnation anti-racist and gives one the "pleasure" to test all the races?

I believe in all of them and have experienced and seen all of them.

As to your query about reincarnation, I always figured it depended on what your karma could afford ;)

I also believe in metagenetics. In truth, I think reincarnation is probably a mess of possibilities and is not always pure. Bit of memories and personality floating around, sometimes coalescing into "you" again.

Siegfried
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 10:30 PM
I believe in all of them and have experienced and seen all of them.

Interesting. Could you share some of your experiences?

I also believe in metagenetics. In truth, I think reincarnation is probably a mess of possibilities and is not always pure. Bit of memories and personality floating around, sometimes coalescing into "you" again.

I'm openminded about the possibility that remnants of personalities persist in the collective unconscious and may resurface in the living. That's not to say I'm a believer, but rather agnostic.

The Black Prince
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 10:40 PM
I can't actually say I believe in any, so I've voted none.
If I would ever have the pleasure dealing with some of these phenomena I would probably not believe it or either start doubting my sanity.

Theudiskaz
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 10:55 PM
:ffear:I don't rule out ghosts, spectres, and apparitions. I don't rule out telepathy etc. I have never experienced ghosts and spectres but I have experienced clairvoyance and what you might call telepathy. But the experiences are obscure and unimportant.

Leofric
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 02:33 PM
I probably shouldn't launch into this, since it basically amounts to attacking other people's religious beliefs, but as a scientist, I feel I must.

None.
...Becouse i'm materialist and so on... (The Universe consist not of illusions (i hope ;)) but of matter!
I don't think there is necessarily any conflict between believing this and believing in ghosts and whatnot — if one is open-minded enough to admit the possibility of material ghosts, for example, then the supposed contradiction goes away. A ghost doesn't have to be immaterial. It is a very common misconception that ghosts must be immaterial — it even makes its way into dictionaries sometimes. There is no decisive proof one way or another on whether ghosts are material, though there is evidence to suggest their materiality.

A conflict between science and spirit only exists when people misunderstand one or both of those.

There exists no miracles that are not proved by Sciense. :)
Now that's just patently false. It might be true that there exist no miracles that cannot eventually be proved by science, but it is most definitely not true that science has explained all things. But I'm starting to get a little queasy talking about science as though it were more than an instrument and actually had agentive capacity in itself — I'm really not comfortable with abdicating my power as a man to some vague, incorporeal, omnipotent, higher power — like Science.

In spite of what ever is there, these disputable phenomena should be investigated without prejudices)
Agreed. So we should not deny the possibility of their existence until we find conclusive proof that they do not exist. But remember that while it is easy to prove that a thing exists, it is next to impossible to prove that it does not exist.

But at any rate, I chose Other in addition to some of the listed options. I also believe in the existence of various "supernatural" corporeal beings, such as angels, gods, and demons. And I suspect that other such beings exist (like trolls or elves or dwarves or centaurs or dragons), though I am not a firm believer in them. I do however believe quite firmly that there are various animals that exist but that do not exist on this planet — I suspect things like dragons and unicorns might be among them.

lighnpeace
Wednesday, October 4th, 2006, 03:04 PM
In keeping with the Halloween theme, and to better ascertain the views of Skadi members on the paranormal, I decided to post a poll on the 'typical' categories of phenomena transcending the known physical world.
Telepathy is true i dont know how it works or how you use it but many times now i have had the experience of starting to think about a person out of the blue and seconds later receiving a phone call or an email or even knokcing at my door. sometimes i have also had dreams in which i foresee the future, one time i dreamed that all my friends would visit me from school and i was worried about that i dont know why. the next day withouth a reason all my friends showed up at my door in the same way i have dreamt.

so yes i totaly believe in paranormal staff (x-files theme.wav)

oneeyeisbetter
Wednesday, October 4th, 2006, 09:19 PM
I voted for all except the none and other choices. What can I say :-O I've seen some spooky things.

Great subject to vote on :thumbup

Hohenheim
Wednesday, October 4th, 2006, 11:33 PM
I really belive in telepathy (I made my own experience on this) and in out-of-body experiences.

Waarnemer
Wednesday, October 4th, 2006, 11:48 PM
I voted for all except the none and other choices. What can I say :-O I've seen some spooky things.

Great subject to vote on :thumbup
like?

Oswiu
Thursday, October 5th, 2006, 12:08 AM
I don't believe in any, but am scared of all of them! ;)
I'm sat here alone now, with scary prickly shivers running up and down my neck!

Maryland
Thursday, October 5th, 2006, 05:34 PM
I can't say I really believe in any of them. I think that they're interesting topics and enjoy reading about things like them, but I'm not convinced...yet, at least.

Maryland